Other Misc. Prescription Medicines:
Colgate
Colgate Colgate PreviDent 5000 ppm Sensitive Toothpaste

Colgate Colgate PreviDent 5000 ppm Sensitive Toothpaste

it either dries up or squirts everywhere

from Houston, Texas-didn't sample or EE bad

About Me Average Health

Pros

• No Side Effects

Cons

• Squirts Everywhere

• Daily Use

Comments about Colgate Colgate PreviDent 5000 ppm Sensitive Toothpaste:

Husband got prescription but I understand why he won't use it - it either squirts all over the cabinet or is so dried up that you can't get it out of the tube. Sorry the periodontitis doctor prescribed as regular toothpaste is so much easier to use and doesn't have the mess or the cost.

Colgate PreviDent 5000 a Toothpaste For Sensitive Teeth

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Colgate Colgate PreviDent 5000 ppm Sensitive Toothpaste:

Two of my 3 kids have braces which means many times a month their teeth get quite sore. When each of them got their braces their orthodontist sent them both home with a tube (more like a bottle) of Colgage PreviDent 5000, which is primarily a toothpaste for those who have sensitive teeth. This came very highly recommended from the orthodontist.

Colgate PreviDent 5000 has 1.1% sodium floride and is a prescription strength toothpaste. It comes in a Spearmint flavor.

Colgate PreviDent 5000 comes in a 3.4 oz tube, which is actually not like a normal toothpaste tube at all. It is more like a bottle. It has a flip up lid, that snaps shut when you are done. There is a small hole at the top where the toothpaste comes out. It comes out in a nice thin line.

PreviDent 5000 is a gentle toothpaste that is primarily for those people who have sensitive teeth such as people who have braces, or people with poor gums.

The PreviDent 5000 has a very normal toothpaste flavor, a bit minty and not strong or over powering.

My kids have done really well using this toothpaste and I use it from time to time as well. My teeth always feel nice and clean after I use this. I have not had any cavities in sometime so I assume that it is doing it's job.

If you have sensitive teeth or braces Colgate PreviDent 5000 is a good toothpaste choice for you it doesn't agravate already sore gums, and it does an extra good cleaning job getting around the braces. My orthodontist recommends this toothpaste and so do I.

Colgate PreviDent 5000 Toothpaste Helped Me

from Oviedo, FL

Comments about Colgate Colgate PreviDent 5000 ppm Sensitive Toothpaste:

I have sensitive teeth and take great care of them. Unfortunately, my teeth are prone to cavities thanks to genetics. My dentist told me after my last cleaning that I need a stronger and prescription strength Fluoride Toothpaste. He said that using one could actually seal the tiny crevices that are in my teeth and could eventually help reduce future cavities.

They had the toothpaste for sale at my dentist office, but here's a big hint... they charged much more than my pharmacy! I am happy that I thought to ask if I could have a written prescription to see if my insurance would help pay for it.

I purchased the toothpaste, and have been very pleased. It smells very clean and tastes like mint. I don't feel any sensitivity while brushing and my teeth feel very clean afterwards. My follow-up appointment with my dentist was very encouraging. I had no new cavities and everything checked out fine. I will continue to use Colgate PreviDent for my night-time final brushing. (I do use other toothpastes in the morning when I brush because the PreviDent Toothpaste costs much more and comes in a small container.