Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Cold EezeCold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Cold Eeze overwhelms your mouth with zinc!

Cold-EEZE is a cough drop containing massive amounts of zinc.  Or at least it *tastes*like it does.  My girlfriend stands by them, believing that zinc (like vitamin C and echinacea) helps combat any cold that starts in the throat.  It helps her whenever she feels something coming down in her throat, and she has never had the cold or flu that brings about laryngitis.

The only negative thing about Cold-EEZE though is the taste.  It tastes metallic.  Yes, it does have a slight sweet cherry flavor, but it isn't overpowering sweet or candy sweet like Halls Cherry or Children's Tylenol liquid.  The metallic taste shines through the cherry, and it leaves the zinc aftertaste too.  Granted, it isn't chalking or crumbly like generic zinc lozenges (e.g. Nature's Blend, or any made by a standard vitamin company) but I don't think any lozenges containing zinc have a good taste or aftertaste.  It doesn't contain anything else like menthol or cough suppressant; it sometimes has added Vitamin C as a bonus.

Between all zinc lozenges, Cold-EEZE is the best.  However, between all cough drops, I'd opt for a better tasting one.

Not big on the flavor

A friend at work recommended Cold Eeze Cherry 18 Lozenges Zinc last time I had a cold. She insisted cherry was the only flavor to try. The problem I always have with Zinc products is that taste. I feel like I am sucking on a candied metal and get a small film in my mouth. I always have to drink something afterwards to get the flavor out of my mouth.

I will say that they did reduce the symptoms that I was having such as the sore throat, stuffy nose, and post nasal drip. it didn't happen as quickly as I would have liked but I do think it was somewhat speedier. They last a long time sucking on them. They encourage you not to eat the lozenges on an empty stomach to avoid a minor stomach ache and I do think that is good advice. They also recommend avoiding citric acid about 1/2 before and 1/2 after. I did follow those instructions.

Overall, I think i still like the Vitamin C drops better, but that is mostly for the flavor. The price is comparable.

The Zinc is a nice bonus.

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

When I bought Cold-Eeze, I expected it to be a cough drop. Turns out, it's a cough drop infused with zinc, which has added benefits when kept in your mouth rather than swallowed. This can actually shorten the time of your cold and reduce the amount of medication that you might otherwise require. How amazing is that?

Congestion Relief
I definitely notice thing opening up when I use Cold Eeze. It's not as fast as some others, but it's helpful.

Chest Congestion Relief
I did not notice any chest congestion relief. This is definitely more nose and throat than anything else.

Relief of Aches & Pains
You get some relief and you get it pretty quickly. Combined with the fact that it's helping you get better, it's a winning duo.

Cough Suppression
Cold Eeze does an okay job of suppressing your cough. However, if you can hang in there, it will get rid of it completely. That is more than most cough drop companies can brag about - so I wouldn't take it too lightly. I give it a 7 because the relief is slower than with most others.

• Cough Suppression:

really does help Eeze The Cold!

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

My sister has always sworn by Cold Eeze to help alleviate the symptoms of a cold and I never really believed they worked. One day when I felt a cold coming on she suggested that I try it so I did. My throat was scratchy and my nose was getting stuffy. I decided I might as well give it a try. After just two of them I could feel a minor improvement in the way I was feeling and contiued to take them as directed for the rest of the day. The next day I felt significantly better and I believe it was due to taking the Cold Eeze. It really did ease the aches and pains of a cold, scratchy throat and stuffy nose. The ingredients are not a lot of chemicals and is all natural which is important. they taste good as well and are affordable.I take these everytime that I feel a cold coming on and they take the symptoms away quickly. I would recommend that you try this when you feel a cold coming on.

head off that cold

from Mexico, MO

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

A friend first got me started using Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges swearing about how good they were. Well you know the old saying if sounds too good to be true it isn't.
Well in this case I would have to eat my words or should I say suck a Cold Eeze Zinc Cold
Remedy Lozenges. Whenever I feel a cold coming on I just suck a couple of them and most of the time it stops the cold in its tracks. I have read that it is the zinc in it that does the trick. I can't say for sure if that is true or not but what I can say is it really does the trick and works.
You can get Cold Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges in several different flavors so you are sure to find one that you like.
I keep a bag in the car, one at the office and another one at home so when I feel that headache, sore throat starting to sneak up I have a supply close at hand.
My Mother who is in her 90's has even tried it and she like me loves the product and wonders how we ever got along without it before it came on the market.
So if you work with the public (we all know how sick people love to go out and spread their germs) or have children in school get you a supply of Cold Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges on hand and save yourself the aches and pains of having a cold.

Stops Colds In Its Tracks

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

I really think cold eeze has provided me with a way to avoid or at least shorten colds. Unlike other medicine that you take once you have a cold, cold eeze can prevent or stop colds. I take cold eeze when I first feel the possible beginning of a cold and more often than not, the cold never fully develops. I also use take cold eeze when I am susceptible to colds--when I'm near someone who is sick or in an enclosed space with lots of people.

Cold eeze tastes good for a few seconds, but then the taste of the Zinc kicks in and it is really unpleasant, but I'm willing to put up with that bad after taste if it keeps me from getting sick. And you can't just spit out the lozenge as soon as it starts tasting bad because for it to work you have to let it completely dissolve.

I take cold eeze If I have to work in an office near people who seem sick, I also take cold eeze whenever I am on a plane since I think you are likely to pick up colds from fellow passengers. I've often given people cold eeze as a going away present before friends take a plane. They may now know about cold eeze or may not have thought of it and I think my small gift has been appreciated

I think cold eeze can be especially helpful around the holidays when you are often in close quarters with many people. Before a holiday party, I take one cold eeze and then maybe one more when I get home and it seems to keep me pretty healthy. I also wash my hands frequently, but I am convinced cold eeze makes a big difference.

• Cough Suppression:

Great way to minimize or prevent a cold

from Matthews, NC

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

I am a big fan of this product and stock up on it before the cold season hits our area. This is more of a preventative type of product. When you feel a cold coming on you start popping the cold ease drops. I take about 3 a day from the time I feel a cold coming on. I usually only have to continue taking them for two or three days after the onset of a cold. In my experience I have found that taking cold ease dramatically reduces the intensity and duration of my colds. I do not believe they prevent the flu but do combat everyday colds. Cold Ease comes in different flavors so you can select the one that your prefer. I have found every flavor I tried to be pretty decent. The key to this product being successful for you is to start taking it the minute you feel a cold coming on. It is far less effective if you take it in the middle of a cold. This is a great product if you like taking homeopathic medicine.

Another great vitamin lozenge

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

The Cold Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges are another great vitamin lozenge that you can buy to help reduce the longevity of your cold. They contain a lot of zinc and vitamin C to help you get rid of your cold completely. I've found that if I take these before my cold fully develops it helps me to either not get a cold at all or not have it be as bad as it would have if I hadn't have taken one of these. These are also just great to have during the winter time or cold seasons so that you don't have to worry about catching a cold.

I've found that the Cold Eeze ones are a lot better because not all of the lozenges I've tried contain zinc. Zinc gives your immune system an extra boost to feel better.

These also taste good as well. They have a really nice honey lemon flavor. They almost don't even taste like a lozenge, they taste more like candy.

I would definitely recommend these, because they help you to feel better faster and get you up and on your feet quick.

Congestion Relief
These are not meant for congestion relief, but in conjunction with cold medicine and cough drops these will make your cold go away much quicker.

Chest Congestion Relief
It's not mean to deal with chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It is not made to deal with the relief of aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
I feel like it doesn't help with cough suppression. I would take this and then have another cough drop after. It definitely helps to get rid of a cough faster though since it has vitamin C and zinc in it.

• Cough Suppression:

Taste horrible but really works!

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

This stuff really works to not only relieve your symptoms, but also get rid of your sickness. It helps to get you feeling better, and improve your symptoms. It taste horrible and works slowly. Within a few days though, I felt completely better. I had a really horrible cough and cold during one year, and I tried this and was better in a couple of days. I've never gotten over a cold or cough that quick. So, this stuff really works!

Congestion Relief
Honestly it isn't the best for congestion relief. It's better at getting rid of your symptoms altogether.

Chest Congestion Relief
With chest congestion, it's better than congestion overall but not the best.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Not very effective but is somewhat good at making you feel better from aching and pains from colds or coughs.

Cough Suppression
This is probably the best cough suppression ever. I've had a lot of step throats, coughs, and colds and this works the best for any type of throat issues. It helps your throat feel better and get better and back to normal.

Feel Better Faster

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

These are an amazing product IF USED AS DIRECTED. No, they are not a cure-all once you are already full-blown sick. And if you don't have a cold, then no, they probably aren't going to do much for you. However, I can always tell when I am coming down with a cold. I just feel a tiny bit off, and when I start sneezing for no reason, I just know a cold is on its way. When I take Cold Eeze Zinc Lozenges, although I can't prove it, I always seem to be back to normal at a faster pace than if I do not take them. In fact, I started taking these the moment I started feeling a cold coming on this year, and I never even ended up with what I would consider "a cold." I felt a bit sniffly for a few days, but after I took these, I never developed a sickness at all. Typically, I will just only be sick for a day or two instead of the usual four-five, though. And the after-effects of the cold- the lingering cough/runny nose- seem to disappear at a much faster pace as well. I would without a doubt recommend these if you are willing to use them as expected and are not expecting a miracle cure-all, because let's face it, that doesn't exist at this time.

• Cough Suppression:

A nice throat drop but I still got a cold!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

My mother bought me a box of these at the beginning of the cold and flu season. I work in an elementary school and I am bombarded with germs everyday! At the first onset of cold symptoms I began to use two or three of these. They brought a nice relief to my dry and irritated throat. I feel that these have a slightly better taste than most cough drops. However, I still had to take over the counter medicines to treat my cold. My illness lasted the usual five days. I always take extra vitamin C when I am ill so I appreciate any product with vitamins in it, but I simply do not think this prevented or eased any of my symptoms.

Congestion Relief
I did get some relief by keeping my throat dry. I felt less stuffed up.

Relief of Aches & Pains
These did help with the soreness of my throat. The lozenges left a nice coating at the back of my throat.

Cough Suppression
I felt these drops worked a little better than the average cough drop. They have a subtle honey flavor which did not upset my stomach in any way. The lozenges left a nice coating on my throat which along with the water helped me not to have those annoying coughing fits.

• Cough Suppression:

I keep these on hand at all times!

Comments about Cold Eeze Cold-Eeze Zinc Cold Remedy Lozenges:

Well, I have to preface saying that there's no way I can PROVE that these work, but boy!! It sure as heck seems like they do a darn near miraculous job of warding off a cold and nipping it in the bud!!!

The 'secret' is to start taking them at the very first sign of a cold!
As soon as I start to sniffle (something that I do not normally do) and/or sneeze, followed by congestion, I suck on a COLD-EEZE Zinc Lozenge!!

On the rare occasion when I start experiencing those symptoms and find that I don't have any COLD-EEZE on hand, I head straight to the drugstore to buy some.
That's how important it seems to be to start using it right away!!!

I notice a lessening of symptoms within a half an hour of taking the lozenge.

I you let it slide and wait till the next day to get them and by then your cold symptoms are a lot more pronounced, they will not do much in the way of helping alleviate the cold.
If you're already in the middle of a full-fledged, miserable cold before you use it, it's pretty much too late. Does't seem to help much, if at all.

Congestion Relief
Again, you've got to catch it FAST!!!!
If I pop one at the very first sign of congestion, it will clear it up within a half hour or so!!

Chest Congestion Relief
I've never gotten to the 'chest congestion' stage of a cold, when I use these!!
I take it well before it gets to that point and, well, as long as I take it, I DON'T get to that point!!!

Relief of Aches & Pains
Again, it nips it in the bud!!
At that early stage of the cold, I don't feel much in the way of aches and pains.
But what little is there seems to disappear along with the sniffles!!

Cough Suppression
The could takes a tiny bit longer to go away.
But it occurs much less often and it's a much lighter cough. Just a slight tickle!