Other Sodas & Beverages:
Sports Drink
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks

Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks

Doc says DRINK MORE FLUIDS. I say Powerade Zero hits the spot!

I have been a little under the weather lately, and the doctor told me that I need to drink plenty of fluids, especially water. But doc, I don't like water. I REALLY do not like to drink water and I told him exactly that. Well, he said, there is flavored water, and better yet, there are Gatorade and Powerade Sports drinks that would be great for me to drink. They provide electrolytes and other wonderful ingredients that you would get if you were hospitalized for dehydration and had an IV drip pumping liquids into your veins. "But doc, Gatorade and Powerade have lots of calories." "Not **Powerade Zero**, he told me." "Sounds good to me, doc. I will go get myself some **Powerade Zero **on the way home and drink lots of it." I did not lie to my doctor, I went to the store and bought three 32 ounce bottles of **Powerade Zero**. One Mixed Berry flavored bottle, one Strawberry flavored bottle, and one Grape flavored bottle.

I wasn't expecting these **Powerade Zero **drinks to taste very good, at all. There haven't been very many things that were totally calorie free that I have eaten or drank that I liked very much. Sprite Zero is decent, but I don't like any other no calorie colas. I like Splenda, and can handle drinking that in my coffee to sweeten it, and I often use it in recipes instead of sugar. But **Powerade Zero **does not contain Splenda, so I didn't have high hopes for it, at all. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised with the taste of all three flavors of **Powerade Zero**. I like the strawberry flavor the best of the three, but the Mixed Berry is the prettiest. It's a very pretty aqua color.

I can now make my doctor happy, my taste buds happy, and my body healthier all at the same time. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Coca Cola for creating this wonderful, calorie free **Powerade Zero**. "Thanks Coke...my body and I appreciate your **Powerade Zero** that I am, in fact, drinking as I type."

**Powerade Zero **has an "Ion 4 Advanced Electrolyte System." The four ions are Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, and Magnesium. They added some B vitamins, too. This "Sports Drink" provides excellent hydration for my (or anyone else's) dehydrated body.

The Nutrition Facts are very impressive: *"Serving Size 8 fl. oz. (240 mL), Servings Per Container 4.  *

*Amount Per Serving: 1. Calories 0 *

5. *Protein 0g *

1. *Niacin                              10% *

2. *Vitamin B6                       10% *

3. *Vitamin B12                     10% *

*(Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.)*

Other ingerdients are*:* "*Water, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Salt, Potassium Citrate, Sucralose, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, Acesulfame Potassium, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Blue 1, and Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)."*

There are a total of four flavors of*  ***Powerade Zero**, Grape, Strawberry, Lemon Lime, and Orange.

I like the little note they have written on their bottles of **Powerade Zero**. They wrote, *"Hey, nice choice. A sports drink with electrolytes, B vitamins, and no calories. Call it the hydration Infecta. Some thought it couldn't be done. Oh, but we did it. What you do with it is up to you. No pressure."  *Kinda catchy, huh? I know exactly what to do with it. I'm going to continue to drink it.

No calories, no fat, no trans fat, no cholesterol, no carbs, Vitamins B12 and B6, Sodium, Potassium, Niacin, Magnesium, AND it tastes decent. Finally, doctor's orders that are easy and I don't mind following one bit!

Powerade

I am not a huge fan of any flavor Powerade. It is full of chemicals, high fructose corn syrup and lots of things I can't pronounce. There are many good products out there to restore your electrolytes, but Powerade is NOT a good choice. It would be better to drink plain water than to drink this chemical concoction. Your body doesn't need all those chemicals or high fructose corn syrup, or artificial sweeteners to replenish electrolytes. I think the artificial sweeteners and all the chemicals in this drink actually make you feel thirstier. It Is not as thirst quenching as plain old water. Water is free. Powerade is very expensive and not worth the money spent on it. If you are looking for a way to replace electrolytes and rehydrate after a workout, or when it is hot outside, there are many other choices on the market that are more natural and will taste better and do a far better job of rehydrating you.

Not as good as Gatorade

from Utah

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

When I ran cross country, we had Powerade available in the dining hall drink machines? I would drink Powerade at breakfast and supper, which came just after our morning and evening practices, and I would drink Gatorade at other times of the day. I tried using the Powerade for rehydration, but I found that Gatorade worked a whole lot better. The Powerade had a poor taste and did not always sit well in my stomach. The Gatorade tasted better and didn't give me stomach cramps when running. The Powerade also did not give the rehydration benefits that I was hoping for. Even after using it extensively, I did not see a noticeable improvement in my hydration. But when I switched to just Gatorade, I found that I stayed hydrated much better. Overall, I like Coca-Cola products for soda, but I will not use Powerade any more when I am working out. It just did not work very well for me.

Powerade Zero sports drink-Great for runners,

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

This is such an awesome alternative to sugary drinks and tastes great too. My son is a runner, and although water would be fine, these sports drinks deliver so many more benefits than plain water. First, they taste great, and for a teenager that's a big issue. Second, they come in many flavors, from orange, to strawberry, to lime. Another added benefit is they replace electrolytes lost from exercising, and this is essential for runners and other athletes. The price is awesome also, considering its a name brand sports drink, they only run around .88 a bottle, and can also be purchased in larger packs, even cases at warehouse stores. One last perk of this product is that it is made by Coke, so each bottle cap has a redeemable code for points. My only drawback is that as of now the bottles are non-recyclable, perhaps that will change in the future. I highly recommend this drink for all athletes, or for a refreshing pick me up in the summer too!

Powerade

Powerade drinks are good

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

When I buy flavored water drinks in bottles, I always buy Powerades. They are reasonably priced, come in quite a large size single bottle, and there are a variety of flavors to choose from. They also have zero calorie options as well. My favorites are the strawberry and orange. Every time my children come to visit, I give them each one of these, and they love them. I also like that there are codes inside the cap to enter to earn and win things online. I get a free PowerAde every few months by doing this.

Love These!!

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

These are so yummy! Ive tried almost all the flavors and I love them. After I workout and I am dying for something to drink I always want one of these. They dont have a ‘diet’ or ‘zero’ taste like most similar products do. I love that they are zero calories, because the last thing I want to do after an intense workout is waste it all on a sugar filled drink.

Yummy!

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

I must say that I am a POWERADE girl and not a Gatorade one. What I like about POWERADE Glacier Ice is the taste. It is extremely refreshing and tastes a lot less watery than Gatorade. The sugar in it doesn't taste fake, and it also doesn't have a ton of calories. It gives a great amount of energy and it's a great option before, after, or during working out!

Great Way To Stay Hydrated

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

Powerade Zero is a fantastic and delicious way to stay hydrated, without consuming a lot of calories. Powerade Zero has many great tasting flavors and comes in a variety of sizes. I prefer to purchase the 32 ounce bottles, as one can last a day or two. Also, a Coca Cola brand, Powerade Zero has My Coke Rewards codes on each of their caps, which helps you earn points for great prizes!
I drink Powerade Zero throughout the day, especially at night when I wake up thirsty from the dry air of the heat system. Also, Powerade Zero is a great drink to keep handy at the gym and also in the car. I always keep a bottle of Powerade Zero close by at all times, as I never know when I will need a little rehydration in my life!
Powerade Zero is one of my favorite beverages and is my drink of choice when walking into a convenient store! I would choose Powerade Zero over soda or water any day, because of the great flavor, zero calories, and brand!

Powerade drinks are great

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

PowerAde drinks are great. They come in several flavors and are reasonably priced. They are part of the coca cola points program and eligible for free coupons. What I like is that the major retailers all sell them at a reasonable price compared to other bottled water products. It helps that they have them in zero calorie flavors, too!

Em"power"ing

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

Powerade has been trusted over many years to provide you with essential hydration, vitamins, and minerals needed to empower you to do your best in any activity. From sports to exercise to housework, people everywhere incorporate Powerade into their daily lives. And why wouldn't they? It's better for you than many other drinks, and delicious as well!

Pleasant taste. I love that there are zero calories. :)

Comments about Coca-Cola - Powerade Sports Drinks:

The reason I first tried Powerade zero sports drinks is because of the fact that each one has zero calories. I'm currently on a healthy diet and workout routine. I do love food though (haha) so I welcome any way to cut a few extra calories. I was pleasantly surprised at the taste. I drink Powerade zero twice a day. Once with a meal and once after my workout. I like it best after my workout because it quenches my thirst and replenishes any minerals I may have lost during my workout, I would recommend if you are looking for a sports drink, a zero calorie drink, or just a drink that tastes good.