3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• App Availability:

Good, cheap Android Tablet.

Tablet computers are becoming more and more popular, and expensive. Luckily Coby has come out with this tablet which is moderately priced. It isn't as flashy as the more expensive tablets but it definitely is more than capable of games, apps, videos and music. It's a light tablet, good for travel but I wouldn't purchase it for young kids. Overall for the price it is a good buy as long as you aren't expecting it to do everything a computer would.

Battery Life
Battery life on the Coby tablet is surprisingly better than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be pretty crummy, but was pleased to see that it out performed my expectations.

Processing Speed
The processing speed isn't bad, but it isn't as good as some of the more expensive tablets. Good with certain things, but it does lag some with certain larger apps and videos.

Weight
This is lighter than some of the other tablets that I have used in the past, this is in part to do with how thin the tablet is. A little reminiscent of an iPad.

App Availability
I do tend to use a lot of apps, and had no problem using them or finding them on the Coby.

It is a pretty simply designed tablet as far as tablets go. Nothing too fancy, but better than some of the other less expensive tablets.

Pretty durable. Has held up to a couple drops, and there are cases available for it to help make it a little more durable. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this tablet for smaller kids or toddlers.

Cheap, but slow.

The first mistake I made when buying a tablet was deciding that I didn't at the time want to spend a whole ton of money, that I was going to save myself a lot and buy one that was a lot cheaper and just deal with it and make it work. This tablet is not the worst thing that I have ever seen, but it is also far from the best, it definitely has a lot of issues that make it not really worth the money that you are going to be putting out to buy it. This tablet does have almost all of the major features that you want and need out of a tablet, but it does seem to be a lot slower than a name brand tablet is. Load speeds are crazy, they take forever and you spend so much time waiting that it drives you crazy. Apps are limited, although you can download a lot of the ones that you want, there is also a lot that wont download onto the tablet, this is frustrating. It is a fine and basic tablet and would probably be a good first tablet for a child who wants one and you don't want to spend a whole lot of money on, but for an adult or someone who plans on using it a lot, it is not worth the money.

Cheap, but slow.

from Elko, Nevada

• App Availability:

Good, cheap Android Tablet.

from Florida

Good little Machine!

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

This is a very nice little machine. I've had it, and other Coby Kyros tablets for awhile. Only thing i can find wrong with it, is battery life. I would recommend this product to anyone that asked.

Battery Life
It does seem this tablet uses the battery rather quickly. On average of 2-3 hours for the way i use it. (watching / streaming videos.)

Processing Speed
I use mine for surfing the web mainly. But I also listen to radio stations and play mobile apps on it. Not once have I had a problem with it handling anything i throw at it.

App Availability
I have yet to find an app that does not work on it. (Android based apps that is)

The overall design is great, except one little thing that annoys me. The "Home" button is placed at an awkward position for me. I've accidentally hit if without knowing when playing some apps, or when i turn the screen sideways.

Sadly, I have dropped mine before. Only thing that happened was a scratch. Kept right on working and nothing broke. Solid unit.

Tablet Review

from Dunnellon, FL

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

This is the only tablet I have owned so far but I am a huge fan of Android and try to stay away from the other ones. This is a great table and definitely does the job it should do. The things I do not like about it is the battery life is pretty bad in my opinion. In about 1-2 hours mine is pretty much dead already so I have to constantly charge it. Also mine freezes a little more than I expected which is a little irritating. But other than that it's decent. Especially for a first time tablet or even one to have if you have kids for them to use also. I wouldn't leave them alone with it because it doesn't seem to good if happens to be dropped though. So I recommend that you spend the little extra for a nice sturdy case for this one. I like the ease of the touch screen navigation and I like the fact that I can check emails and Facebook where ever I am with wifi, that gets addicting ;) But I would shop around and do your research because the tablets will always have something better or worse than other one.

Good Little Tablet for the Price

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

I really like this tablet, I bought it for my younger sister and she loved it. She uses it for all of her internet needs and also uses it to read books. She even uses it for school work. This cute little tablet is easy to use and good for teenagers.

Just be careful not to drop it.

Buy a better brand

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

We ordered this last year for Christmas. This tablet was cheaper than all the other tablets. We have not been impressed with it. It tends to freeze when trying to play games and use other apps. A lot of the apps do not work with the Coby. The Netflix app would not work on the tablet. I would spend money on a better brand.

• App Availability:

this is a nice tablet for the price.

from Palmyra, NY

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

I think this tablet is a really good value, it does everything I want from a tablet.

Battery Life
Battery lasts a long time, I usually charge mine every three of four days.

Processing Speed
processing speed is fine, I have not had any problem.

Weight
light weight, easy to take with me.

App Availability
There are lots of apps, even lots of free ones.

I like the design.

very durable, I've dropped mine from a sitting position, all was fine.

• App Availability:

It works for what I need

from Oregon City, OR

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

I don't get apps from the Android App store, but can use apps from "Get Jar" which comes with the tablet, and from Amazon's app store.

Battery Life
I usually have to charge it a couple times a week if the kids play on it for any length of time.

• App Availability:

It is a little slow but adequate.

from Macedonia, OH

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

The coby is slow to load but offers the convenience I need when I want to connect to free wifi. I am still learning all of its features. Right now I am using it as an e reader.
I am also using it for games and for surfing the net.
If you want a basic tablet and a much cheaper price than the name brands then this is it.

• App Availability:

Making life easier for me!!!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Coby Kyros MID1126 Android Touchscreen Tablet PC:

I purchased a Coby Kyros Internet Tablet I purchased it from Amazon.com. At a very great price and totally luv it. I can take it with me when I go on vacation and stay in touch with family it has a lot of great apps.I also have a lap top but prefer my Coby it is 7 inch screen very light and easy to carry around with when I am on the go I can do surveys on my Coby and keep up with facebook activitys. Just luv luv luv it.

very light weight