Other General Household Cleaners:
Clorox

Pros

Cons

Clorox Green Works All- Purpose Cleaner is Natural and Effective

Most every household in the land uses all- purpose household cleaners with manufacturers offering an assortment of cleaners that differ slightly in scent and cleaning ability, but have the same basic, all- purpose usefulness. One all- purpose cleaner that is relatively new to the market is **Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner, **a green product from the folks at Clorox. **Cleaner Commentary:**Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner is a light green colored liquid sold in a plastic, see- through bottle with a trigger sprayer for delivery This cleaner is made almost entirely with plant and mineral- based ingredients and it is effective for many uses. It can be used to cut grease, wipe up dirt, and clean up food and other small messes before they become permanent stains. Like other all- purpose cleaners, it can be used on a multitude of surfaces, including kitchen counters, appliances of all types, chrome, sinks, bathroom counters, bathroom sinks, toilets, and more. Its composition makes it safer for more surfaces than other cleaning agents. Going green is the trend these days and all- purpose cleaners are slowly getting into the action along with many other products. Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner offers the green qualities of natural ingredients. This product is 99.93% natural with only a tiny portion of other ingredients, making it the most natural of any household cleaner on the market. The fact that it is not one- hundred percent natural is due to the fact that a few minor but necessary ingredients do not yet have a viable natural alternative. According to the Clorox Green Works web site, as soon as a viable option exists, this product will become one- hundred percent natural.

Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner offers a fresh citrus scent that is milder than that of other household cleaners. This is in direct contrast to some of the more strongly- scented all- purpose cleaners that sometimes emit such strong fumes they practically knock you out. But one fact about Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner that could disappoint some consumers is that it doesn't contain any disinfectant. Thus, it is not the most suitable cleaner for certain jobs. Its use should be limited to those situations where ordinary cleaning is all that is necessary. There is no bleach or any other ingredient that can be used to disinfect, so this product is somewhat limited. Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner doesn't contain any harsh ingredients like bleach or other chemicals, and this is generally a positive quality because it means the product is less likely to harm surfaces or cause other damage. However, because it is less harsh, it doesn't have the cleaning ability of some of the more powerful all- purpose cleaners on the market. Again, this illustrates the more limited uses for this product. It isn't intended for the really tough cleaning jobs. It is meant for the lighter, easier jobs that don't require a harsh, powerful cleaner to be effective.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner is a very good product for general cleaning and it can be used for most light to average cleaning jobs around the house and on many different surfaces. It has a few shortcomings, but as long as you limit its use to less strenuous cleaning jobs, you won't be disappointed.

Green and clean but doesn't disinfect

Clorox has joined those companies offering greener alternatives, and one of the household cleaning products they offer is Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner**.**  Now it is no secret in my household (and even here on Viewpoints) that I prefer green cleaners like [Arm and Hammer Essentials][1] and quite often make my own cleaners.

***What do I like about Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner? ***

- made with natural ingredients (mostly) the ingredients include: filtered water, coconut-based cleaning agent (nonionic surfactant, alkyl polyglucoside), corn-based ethanol, glycerine, essential oils, biodegradable preservative, and colorant. This product contains no bleach or phosphorus

- reasonable priced in the green cleaning arena

- fresh clean scent

- easy to use dispenser spray

- safe for most surfaces

**What don't I like about Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner?**

- refilling isn't environmentally friendly

- it doesn't disinfect and as a former teacher and mother of small children, host to many play dates this is a MUST.

**Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner** is an acceptable alternative when going green with your household clean, it is a helpful, handy and environmentally friendly alternative. It just doesn't disinfect! With the name of Clorox behind it I expect a germ fighting/killing green alternative.

If you use it to clean, you have to go back and use something else like a spray disinfectant or a green alternative. How disappointing. But there is one exception, it is great on floors. I simply mop them, then set out my Scooba to do the disinfecting for me. Clorox, add a natural disinfectant like tea tree or vinegar I don't care if the color of the cleaner is green- I want the cleaner to be green.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Arm-amp-Hammer-Essentials-Multi-Surface-Cleaner-reviews

Hands Down The BEST MultiPurpose Cleaner Ever!

from San Marcos, Tx

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Alternative Bug Spray
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

I had been looking for a better cleaner and saw this brand in the store and decide to try it..It has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. t gets rid of grease stains, general messes and, as I recently discovered, bug killer! If you have a really dried on stain just add hot water and let it sit on the stain for a min or two and then wipe! I love this stuff, it smells great and can be used virtually anywhere.

Con: It doesn't disinfect the way bleach would

A Great Grease Remover!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

When it comes to environmentally friendly cleaning products, some are better than others but until you try them out in your home you really won't know if they are going to be something that is going to work with your specific cleaning needs. I cook a lot so I need something that I can use on the stovetop that is going to cut through grease, not leave streaks and isn't flammable. That rules out a lot of the aerosol products that I used in the past because I had to unplug the starter element that lights the flame before I would spray it down to clean it.

I bought the Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner to use in the kitchen on the stove as well as the coffee maker that shares the same counter space as the stove. I can't stand the sight of grease splattered all over the side of a coffee maker and there aren't a lot of environmentally friendly cleaners that can get splattered grease off of plastic. I was surprised that this worked as well as it did on the grease; I still had to wipe it a couple of times to get it all off but was pleased that there were no steaks left on the plastic.

This is something that I love using in the bathtub to clean it; unlike the powdered cleaners and cleansers this doesn't leave a gritty residue behind when I rinse the bathtub. There's no heavy chemical scent to it either so it doesn't make me cough or choke when I am using it. The spray trigger could be a little stronger but that's about the only negative to the product. This can be used on most surfaces but I am hesitant about using it in the areas where my pets sleep or eat. I still prefer to use a regular glass cleaner for windows and mirrors; when I tried this on those two I didn't care for the results.

Works well, but not as well the regular cleaner.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

Clorox has jumped on the bandwagon with making "green" products and while that is not a bad thing, they should have worked a little harder to make sure their product worked better. I have used other all-purpose cleaners that work much better than this one. I have not used too many "green" products, but so far I have not been impressed with them. I am not against making products that are good for the environment, but I am against making products that are not up to par with their "bad for the environment" counterparts. I want my house to be clean. I think that this Clorox product works well enough. It gets surfaces clean, but I have to work much harder to get those surfaces clean. It also costs more. If it is made with environmentally friendly ingredients, it should not cost more. I know I should be environmentally conscious, but if it means sacrificing a truly clean household, then I am not willing to do it.

It does okay but I want a little more power.

from West Virginia

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

The idea of all natural products is great and that's the reason I ordered this to try. It's an all purpose cleaner but I'll start out by saying you won't want to use this on glass. It left my glass a little streaky and was a little frustrating to clean up. I have a separate all natural cleaner for my windows now.

The cleaner doesn't smell that great surprisingly. It's not a bad smell but it isn't what I usually equate with a good, clean smell. I was expecting a natural citrus or mint or even coconut smell but it doesn't smell like any of those to me. It kind of smells just plain or like grass maybe. I'm not sure. Anyway, that aside, the cleaner just doesn't have enough power for my taste.

I've used natural products from other companies and the results were much better. This cleaner is 99% natural and is plant based, which I assumed meant it was similar to other products with the same claim, but for me, it didn't work that great. I used this on my natural stones around the house and it didn't do a good job of stain removal. It also didn't work very well in my grout or around the indented surfaces of my shower. It cleaned somewhat but even with scrubbing it left a lot behind. I used my dish detergent with somewhat better results.

I would still buy this again because the natural aspects make me feel safer with the kids and pets around but I just needed more stain lifting ability.

It did okay but it left a lot to be desired.

The smell isn't bad but it reminds me of cut grass instead of a nice citrus or coconut scent.

Great Cleaner for a home with kids

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

I really like using this all purpose natural cleaner for most of my regular cleaning around the house. I have a toddler and a dog so I do not like to use a bunch of cleaners with harsh chemicals all the time. Those harsher cleaners are also bad for my hand. I had a bad burn accident and had to have skin grafting surgery so my hand is extra sensitive to strong cleaners. I have to wear protective gloves when using cleaners with bleaches and similar chemicals but with the Clorox Green Works cleaner I do not need gloves. I do not experience any irritation when it gets on my hand either. It can handle all my little messes from the spilled milk from my daughter to daily bathroom cleaning to keep dried toothpaste at bay. I have not really found any messes that it does not work against. I do still use bleach cleaners once a month to keep soap scum and other tough build ups from forming in the bathroom. I like that there is no overwhelming smell to this cleaner too.

A pretty good cleaner!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

I wanted to find something that was more natural when doing my household chores. I came across the Clorox Green Works All-Purpose cleaner in the store and thought that I would give it a try. I have to say that it works pretty good. It has a nice and fresh scent to it that will leave things smelling clean. It is not overpowering like other cleaners out there. I like it in the spray bottle because it is very handy and easy to use. It does pretty well at cleaning up messy areas. This is good for a lot of different rooms in the house. The only problem that I had with it was that other cleaners clean better that are more natural than this one. All in all I liked it though and I have a bottle of this that I'm using under my kitchen sink right now. It is a great cleaner to have on hand and can be used for a lot of different purposes.

It cleans up basic things. It's great for cleaning kitchen and bathroom areas. It isn't really for windows.

It's a good scent compared to other cleaners out there. It isn't overpowering.

Interesting, wouldn't buy again

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

I tried the Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner, but don't think I'd buy it again. Its decent enough, but doesn't clean as well that I think it should.

I tried using this cleaner in my bathroom. It does a decent enough job wiping down a sink, but it struggles when having to actually wipe up dried toothpaste or old water stains. I felt like it disinfected things more than actually scrubbing away messes. The bath tub was barely cleaned, I had to scrub a lot. Overall, I would only use this for quick clean ups for counters around the kitchen and easy wiping down of bathroom sinks.

The smell is not medicinal at all, but a surprisingly fresh lime, citrusy smell. Its definitely a change from the usual Clorax strong smelling cleaners, and I greatly appreciated that. But at the same time, it made me question how clean the product was actually making my bathroom. But no irritation.

My kitchen is now green!

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

I bought this product because it was on sale and I had a coupon. I was skeptical of buying this since it did not have much of a scent. I like to be able to smell that my kitchen is clean and this product really doesn't do that. It cleans much better than the other brands. I love the way this cleans my counter tops and sinks. I feel like this cleans much better than the other brands, and doesn't leave my a residue on the counters at all. It doesn't streak and I feel like it makes my counters easier to keep clean when I am not using it.
    This has become one of my favorite products to use to keep my kitchen clean. I have found that it even works on my stainless appliances and leaves them streak free. This is an amazing product and worth paying the extra money for.

This is a great product to use in kitchens and bathrooms. It is an all around great cleanser that has great results.

This product doesn't have much of a scent, which I have found to be an added bonus.

Amazing cleaner, fresh scent, highly recommend !

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

Cleans very well, nice scent and best of all does not leave a hazey film behind on my glass top stove!

Awesome! Gets the grease off the stove and counters and does not become too sudsy so you can rinse once and it shines bright when dry!

Nice fresh citrus scent.

Comments about Clorox Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner:

I have been using Green Works products for years and l have been very happy with they way they work. I have always used Clorox brand bleach and was so excited when they came out with the Green Works line of cleaners. I feel better about using natural products in my house and around my family.

I have a home daycare and I use the Clorox Natural All Purpose Cleaner to clean the table and counters in the daycare room. It does a great job cleaning up all the messes the children make and leaves a fresh clean scent without being too overpowering.

I love the fresh clean scent of the Clorox cleaner. It has a clean scent without being too overpowering. I am always afraid of using bleach around the children because of the odors. But I feel the natural cleaners are safer to use around my family and children in my care. I have had several children with asthma over the years and feel that this cleaner doesn't irritate as much as bleach or other cleaners do.