Other Mascaras:

Clinique High Impact Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Mascara that doesn't smudge - even if I sweat.

I have really sensitive skin and eyes so it was really hard for me to wear mascara for a really long time. Add the sensitive skin to the sensitive eyes add in teary eyes and you get raccoon eyes. Really bad raccoon eyes. I really liked the rest of my clinique make-up so when I heard they had a new waterproof version of this one- I figured why not? And it works. I can put it on in the morning and expect it to be there when I get off after work. And I have no itching, no tearing, no smudging. Most of the time I don't even remember it's even on me! And that's an absolute godsend! I have pretty decent eyelashes on my own- but these make them spectacular.

It stays on all day long- no matter what. I'm a sympathetic crier - you start and I'm going down. My job is mostly desk work but every few months we do a floor change- a lot of moving heavy furniture, lifting, set- dressing, you name it I'm in it. I also live a fairly active life - basically I'm a sweaty girl sometimes. And it stays on, No matter what. Heck, if I could last as long as my mascara I'd be golden.

Ease of Application
slap it on and go- no muss no fuss.

Love the mascara but ouch!

So the Clinique High Impact Mascara is probably one of the best mascaras I have found and boy have I searched high and wide for the right one. I wore the black and loved how it looked on my eyes. It hardly ever clumped and went on smoothly. It made my eyelashes look more full and longer. The price was not bad considering it was from Clinique. I did feel like I went thru it faster and sometimes the tip of the brush gathered a lot of the mascara on it which made a mess at times. My only issue was when a portion of it got into my eyes. Now we all know that sometimes our eyes water, we cry or accidentally poke ourselves in the eyes while applying makeup but who would've thought that a mascara would burn? ouch! When a little of this mascara got into my eye, boy would it burn and my eye would water so much more. I then had to wipe my eye which in turn wiped my whole eye cleaned (eyeshadow and all) and had to start all over again.  I used this product for 3 years and finally decided it was time to try to find another one. I may come back one day...hopefully it won't burn as much!

Great all around mascara

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

I don't know if I would call this mascara "High Impact". I have very wimpy, barely there eyelashes and because of that I never leave the house without curling them and adding mascara. I've used Clinique for years and love most of the ones I've tried. However this particular one was the first one I tried and after all theses years I still love it and it's my go to mascara.
This is just a great all around mascara, again maybe not "High Impact" but will add volume, hold the curl pretty well, not a lot of lengthening and formula does not clump. But there's one thing I noticed about all Clinique's mascara's is that they don't run easily. You get a little teary eyed or a few drop or rain or snow in your eye, no worries you won't turn into a racoon right away! Also it's not harsh/hard to take off at the end of the day, meaning the few lashes I have don't get pulled out and Clinique is know for their products being great to people with sensitivities.

just so-so

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

this wasn't absolutely horrible, but it was by no means a cult favorite product. I was actually pretty disappointed and returned this back to sephora because it claimed to give lots of volume, and all i saw was nice separation but no wow-factor. don't waste the money!

• Ease of Application:

Great mascara! Love it for my sensitive eyes!

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

I have sensitive eyes and have tried tons of different mascaras over the years. I like the way Clinque's High Impact coats each lash and I can wear one coat just to darken my lashes or apply 2-3 coats for that WOW look. Once in a while I will get talked into another mascara and always regret it.

• Ease of Application:

Mascara that doesn't smudge - even if I sweat.

Ease of Application
slap it on and go- no muss no fuss.

• Ease of Application:

Not worth the price tag.

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

The Clinique high impact mascara is a great mascara. It lengthens eye lashes and there is no clumping. The only problem is that I could find basically the same thing at the drugstore for half the price. It is a great mascara, but I would not sound the money on it again.

• Ease of Application:

One of the BEST!!! Superior Staying power!!!

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

It lasts for SOO LONG and has such a dense brush for creating Great volume and length. I was able to layer on a couple of layers without it getting clumped up. It has a creamy formula, so I don't recommend it as much since it weighed down my lashes and didn't hold a curl.

It lasted the entire day and I was very happy that it didn't flake even when I sweated in a 90 something day. The formula is kind of creamy and I don't like creamy mascara because they tend to weigh down my lashes more than drier formulas, but I'll make this an exception.

Ease of Application
It coated the lashes perfectly, but the large brush made it a little difficult to reach the inner lashes and it did get a little clumpy when I tried to put it on the inner lashes. Overall, I think that the brush is AMAZING because it gave me lots of volume and length. I found that the tip of the brush had a lot of product on it and it clumped the inner lashes, so make sure you get rid of the excess product before applying. I wouldn't recommend this brush for the bottom lashes because it was a real mess when I applied it to the bottom lashes.

• Ease of Application:

Finally a mascara I can wear

from Jeffersonville, IN

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

Everyone is different and they react to make-up differently. I have tried just about every mascara out there on the market and some would make my eyes burn and itch immediately, some would be ok for 30 minutes and then my eyes would itch and burn and others maybe a couple hours. I always ended up having to wash the mascara off before I wanted. I requested and received a sample of the Clinique High Impact Mascara and it is the only mascara I have ever been able to wear for an entire day and evening. No itching, no burning. Easy to apply, looks natural, no clumping and compared to other high end mascaras, the price is good.

Everyday Mascara

from Yukon, OK

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

This mascara is great for the everyday use. It doesn't clump or flake. It seperates my lashes very well. I can really tell a difference in how much longer and fuller my lashes are when I use this. It is a little bit pricey compared to drug store brands but I think that it is worth it.

• Ease of Application:

This mascara is so great, I can wear it alone!

from Goldsboro, NC

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

This mascara is fantastic. I typically layer my mascaras in addition to using a fiber lengthening product. However, when wearing this mascara I use it alone. I like the thickness of it, and the black is nice and dark. The brush is also very thick and full and I feel it is a substantial brush that applies a good amount of product. This mascara is worth the department store brand price, and it also lasts a long time. I do feel like the tube gets a little messy though, and I have had one cap break on me though when trying to open it because it got gunked up. Make sure you keep the tube clean.

• Ease of Application:

Clinique High Impact Mascara gets the job done!

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Clinique High Impact Mascara:

Overall I really like to use Clinique High Impact mascara. I find that it does a good job of making my lashes appear fuller and adding the extra length as well. It is also reasonably priced considering some other mascara prices out there. I have noticed, though, that sometimes when I take the mascara off with eye makeup remover pads that little black fibers end up in the corners of my eyes with this type of mascara specifically. Other than that, I find that it is really a great mascara and would recommend it.

The Clinique High Impact mascara performs really well. It lengthens and makes my eyelashes appear fuller. My eyelashes are starting to thin some now with aging (I'm not even 30 yet), and I feel that this mascara helps them look as full as they used to be.

Ease of Application
Clinique High Impact mascara goes on smoothly and flawlessly. The applicator brush is great and helps with easy application.