Other Makeup Removers:
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips

Pros

Cons

Takes off a days worth of makeup and more

My mom likes Clinique (and Lancome) in that order. I like Lancome and Clinique - in that order.  The good news is that when we visit each other we don't have to pack our entire skin care regime but borrow from each other to take care of our skin.  During my week of borrowing one of the products I absolutely had to use of her's was **Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover. **

I am not big on makeup, but when I put it on I use products that are meant to last a long time, all day and most of the evening too, so I use waterproof mascara's and long wearing lipsticks.  This makes removing make up at the end of the day a little tough, so I need something that can "take the day off" and be gentle enough on my skin.  **Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover** does a very good job of both.

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover is easy to use, but I do suggest using only cotton balls. I was out, and used a tissue and ended up having to use far more than I normally do. so invest in some cotton balls to make it last as long as possible, especially for what you pay for this product.

It removed my make up quickly and efficiently.  But I have to admit that it was slightly oily on my skin and that after using **Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover** I did have some red raised dots on my skin.  It works, but if you have dry skin be careful how you use, and make sure you gently clean afterwards to avoid any redness or irritation.

Takes off most, but not all eye makeup

I use a variety of Clinique products and recently bought this makeup remover and have used it step by step as the directions say.  My cotton balls are always colored with the different colors of my makeup, but it never gets it all off.  I use my normal facial cleanser after I use the Clinique makeup remover and some of it is still leftover.  This happens with or without waterproof mascaras and eye liners.  I like the ease of use of the remover, there is no bad or harsh smell to it and it leaves an oily feel after its used.  It is expensive, and in my case--not worth the cost.

Drug store brands are better!

from Archdale,NC

About Me Natural

Pros

Cons

• Harsh
    • Not Effective

• Eyes

Comments about Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips:

I received a small bottle of this for free when I bought some other Clinique items recently. I expected it to be superior to my Neutrogena eye makeup remover that I normally use because of the brand. I was not impressed. First it burned my eyes a little bit which my Neutrogena never does and secondly it was not as effective. I had to apply twice as much product and put twice as much effort in as I usually do. I definitely would not purchase this. I expected it to be a superior product because it is from Clinique but that is definitely not the case.

Wonderful

Seriously, this is probably my favorite of all of the skin products I have ever used. And that's saying something, because I've used a lot of skincare products. The name is kind of misleading because it doesn't actually contain oil (just oil-like ingredients), but it takes off every single bit of makeup on my face. Also, it's not irritating to the eyes and rinsing it off is a breeze. It turns into a sort of milky texture when you rinse it and leaves no residue (or makeup) behind. I use this stuff every night before cleansing to remove my makeup. I have very acne-prone skin and I haven't ran into any issues using this daily. Love it! Way to go Clinique!

Wipe away the day

from Atlanta, GA

Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover is my go to for makeup removers. I do not use any other product on my eyes. The bottle lasts several months of using every day. It is not fragrant and it does not irritate my eyes, even when I have my contacts in. It is a bit pricey and it can leave my eyes feeling a bit oily after using it. I generally use my eye makeup remover first and then wash my entire face after to get rid of any residue. Definitely recommend for a sure way to wipe away the day!

A great way to take off your makeup.

I do like to use this product for the days where I use a lot more makeup than usual. It works on everything. It works on your face, eyelids and lips. It doesn't sting your face or leave it dry like other makeup removers. I have sensitive skin and this is perfect for that. Using this product would be a smart choice for most people.

Take the Day Off Every Day with Clinique!

Effective, gentle remover for even the most stubborn makeup products. Easily dissolves and removes waterproof mascara formulations.

I use this to take off my waterproof mascara. I choose the waterproof mascara that I use because it actually stays on my lashes all day (instead of melting down my face). In other words, I need a tough remover to get it off. Most often I am able to remove most of my mascara in only a wipe or two using a cotton pad with Take the Day Off.

This couldn't get any easier to use; put some on a cotton pad and wipe away the makeup.

The only thing keeping me from rating Take the Day Off a 10/10 for ease of use is that it does have an oily consistency/feel about it so you want to be a bit careful about wiping up any excess remover once you are done cleaning off the makeup. It is not difficult, but you just have to be mindful to do it. My practice is to use Take the Day Off and remove all the makeup before I begin my cleansing routine. My cleanser is a one-step liquid which I find more than adequate to remove any leftover oily residue from the makeup remover.

Great at its Job

This stuff works great. It takes off mascara, eye liner and other eye makeup in a snap. I use it every night before my daily facial washing routine. I use it with simple cotton balls (nothing fancy) and can usually get all my make-up off with one cotton ball - I admit I don't wear a ton of eye make-up so I can use one side of the cotton ball for each eye and I have enough. The only downfall of this make-up remover is that it does make my eye area feel a little bit oily, but after washing my face that feeling is gone. A little expensive, but it seems to last forever so for me it's worth the price. Love when I get the small sample bottles - they're great for traveling!

Works great. Takes all my eye make-up off in a couple of swipes of each eye. The oily feeling afterwords isn't great, but that goes away after washing my face.

The bottle has a pretty large opening which lets you get your cotton ball (cotton pad) saturated pretty quickly. Then it's just wipe and toss.

Very gentle on skin

i have very sensitive skin and I am prone to breakouts very easily. I started using this makeup remover a few years back and I have not had any skin issues. A lot of the other products that I have tried have a drying effect to your skin, plus they don't get the makeup off in all one wipe whereas they clinique removes it all in one swipe. I would recommend this product to anyone, especially if you have dry skin.

Leaves your eyes feeling like you rubbed Crisco on them.

The product works well for most things other than waterproof mascara but I hate the way it makes my face feel afterwards. Normally I love Clinique products but this is one that misses the mark in my opinion. It leaves my eyes feeling like a grease ball and don't ever let it get in your eye because it burns like the blue blazes. It is a horrible feeling. I only used it when I ran out of my favorite product and I had received a miniature with a gift with purchase.

Effective for removing everything but stubborn mascara.

Very easy to use. Pour some on a cottonball and rub it on the needed area.

All-in-1!

I love Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover! It just exactly as it says... My entire day's (or night's) worth of makeup comes clean off in just a matter of seconds. Even the toughest of waterproof eyeliners and mascaras stand no chance against this makeup remover. It is very gentle on the skin despite it's power to remove makeup. My skin sometimes get irritated by makeup removers, but this one does a great job, and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It actually makes it feel really soft! Love it!

A powerful makeup remover

While this isn't something I could easily take with me on the go (even though I did receive it as a Christmas gift via travel/sample size), it is a very effective makeup remover for when you're home. It does have a strong alcohol smell, and can get messy as it is liquid and the dispensing isn't the best, but it works great on removing stubborn eye makeup. I'd recommend it for those who feel more comfortable with liquid removers versus towlettes as it definitely gets the job done.