Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

Pros

Cons

Moisture it is!

I got this in a Gift with PUrchase bag and enjoy trying new things but this one is a bit much for my skin.  It is incredibly moisturizing and leaves the skin under my eyes more than satisfied but, again, it's a bit much for me.  I prefer a bit less juicy feeling in my misturiner and prefer the other Clinque products over this one but it is a good product that just isn't for me.

If you have really dry skin under that delicate eye area and want a moisturizer that will give you a smooth and silky feeling, this may be great for you.  I gave the sample to my daughter that has very dry skin and she seems to enjoy it but is a teenager and moves from one product to another without thinking twice about effectiveness.

AGain, if you have really dry skin under your eyes, you may wish to sample it and see how it feels to you.  I prefer Clinques Repairware line instead (review posted).  Ask for a sample.

Sandy

Well we could do better

Clinique is a good brand for one thing and yet you always cant get the best. For one this cream is expensive and secondly it does not work that well. I am from chicago and anyone who lives here knows how dry it gets here at some point of time of the year. I thought this cream would help. I will not deny its nice and its gets absorbed into the skin very quickly. Its has a very nice and mild smell and its very liquidy and soft.

Yet even after putting it I feel my skin is parched and I have to use too much of it to even work. Thats should not be the case with such an expensive cream. I have not seen my skin improve very much by its use. It does help but it could do better. It not such a wonderful moisturiziung cream.

Hydrating

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

Clinique Moisture Surge is formulated to be used "whenever, wherever". The product packaging even claims that it can be used over make-up, although my skin hasn't been dry enough to try that yet.

Fragrance sensitive users will be happy to know that the product is really, truly scent-free. I can't even detect a whiff of chemicals or the packaging. Much of Clinique's line is fragrance-free, which makes it nice to use with other products.

The product is Made in the USA

Absorption
Clinique Moisture Surge absorbs quickly ... within a few seconds. The texture is more gel-like than creamy or oily.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This is not a product that I use on an everyday basis, but I have noticed no negative side affects ... no rash, breakouts, or clogged pores.

As a moisturizer, Clinique Moisture Surge goes on quickly and smoothly. It does, indeed, moisturize my skin. I keep a small sample-size in my carry-on bag for dry airplane air, and destinations with low humidity. It perks up my skin right away, and I don't have to worry about smearing my make-up.

A thirst quencher!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

I have very sensitive skin and also allergies to many chemicals. Consequently, finding products to use on my skin is like the search for the holy grail. Overall, I like Clinque products, but some are hits and others misses. Initially, I tried this product because it was a small sample in the gift with purchase selection I was making. Clinque Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief.has proven to one of the "winners" in that the product performs very well.

Although I live in a very dry area in the Western United States which does not experience winter to speak of, we still have skin moisture challenges year round. When I apply this product, I can feel my skin drink in the moisture it provides. The absorption aspect works really well for me. Relative to how it reacts with my skin, I have not found it to clog my pores or otherwise cause skin irritation, such as acne or redness.

I have not found it clog pores

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Too heavy for my combination skin

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

I bought this product because I like to use Clinique skin care products and I was looking for a good night cream. I have combination skin and it tends to be oilier in the summer, and drier in the winter months. I bought this during the winter as I noticed that my skin was starting to get dry in the T Zone. I applied it at night after washing my face. It went on smooth and felt like it was light and absorbed well. It actually has a slight tingle too it and made my face feel great after putting it on.My face looked great in the morning and I thought this would have been the perfect night cream.
I noticed that my face seemed to be more oily after using this product. My makeup did not look the same during the day and I had to keep applying powder to control the shine. This product was not right for my skin, but I think it would work great for people with dry skin.

Absorption
It absorbs well, but does cause combination skin to become more oily.

I'm a Believer

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

Great product with a very light scent

I never have a greasy look. I use Clinique Moisture surge twice a day. It
Never makes my make up look greasy or runny. It seems to just melt into my skin and gives it a fresh not chalky look even in winter. At night it never stains my sheets or pillowcases. This winter was really harsh. Dry heated air inside and wind, cold and snow and rain outside. A recipe for dry, raw skin. I especially used tis on my lips before I added lip gloss or lipstick. It made my lips not have those cracks above!

Doesn't Clog Pores
I have never had a single time that my pores appeared irratated. I do have almost invisible pores so I cannot state how someone with larger pores might feel.

I have had no times when my skin feels rough, dry or cracked even though the winter months had brought chopping before using this product. It even kept my skin feeling comfortable while traveling in the Negev Desert with sun, ultra dry conditions and temperatures above 110 degrees.

good product

from San Diego ca

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

I love how moisturizing the Clinque Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is especially in these harsh winter months. This is a staple moisturizer for my dry skin type. It is a gel type moisturizer that comes in a jar it is exceptionally soothing on my skin, and absorbs quite nicely it just soaks right into my skin. It leaves it feeling very supple with no dryness to it I do not have any tacky feeling left behind. I have not noticed it clogging my pores or cause any acne whatsoever. It is very effective at keeping my skin hydrated all day even when my skin goes through stress I still feel well moisturized. Since it is a gel consistency it feels light weight on my skin, and also goes great under my makeup. I do not have any oily residue peek through my skin throughout the day which is great. Even though it does not have a spf I still like to wear it during the day time, but it is also great as my standard night cream. I would really recommend this moisturizer to people that have dry to severely dry skin.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Great product to mosturize your face during the winter time!!

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

I use this product in my everyday makeup routine!! I especially use this product during the winter months because the harsh weather can really dry out your skin! This product replenishes your skin and allows you to achieve the really soft skin you always want during the cold, harsh weather! I recommend this product to anybody who wants a reliable product that will definitely replenish your skin and make it super soft!!

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Not good enough for very dry skin

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

I received this face cream as a gift and was very excited to try because I am a big fan of Clinique products. I have used several of their other face creams and have always been quite pleased with them. This Clinique Moisture Surge face gel-creme was a bit disappointing and I probably will not purchase it myself. It does have its good points (easy application and fast absorption) but leaves to be desired in the moisturizing department.

Absorption
It does absorb very fast and easily, which is nice if you are not into the greasy feel some other face moisturizing creams can leave behind.

Doesn't Clog Pores
Again, because it has such a light texture, it does not clog pores and never leaves a residue or greasy feel on your skin.

This gel-creme is so light that I actually did not get much moisturizing out of it. I live in a very dry and cold area, and after applying this face gel-cream on my face in the morning, it always felt dry within a few hours and I felt like I needed to apply some more face cream. The size of the tub is quite small (especially for the price you pay), and it did not last me 2 weeks. Definitely not for very dry skin like mine.

For super dry skin

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

We all know what it's like when we go through that winter time skin change every year. For me its like I have to change out every product I use come winter time so I can guard against that excessively dry skin. Now, this is one of the products I switch to yearly. I have issues with pinkness around my cheeks and nose when my face gets too dry which can be really embarrassing not to mention really tough to cover up. Concealer will not do the trick because it doesn't moisturize. This does. It is incredibly effective. I only had to use about a dime size amount on my face. Immediately my skin drank up this wonderful cream and allowed me to put on my make up perfectly right after.

Absorption
I put this on every morning before I put on my make up. Give it some extra time to absorb because it is a pretty heavy moisturizer. Sometimes it takes up to ten minutes and then you have a nice even slate to work with.

I'm not blown away

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

Honestly I was kind of disappointed with this product. I really love Clinique and I use several of their products, however, I was not thrilled with this product in particular. First of all it is fairly expensive. For a mother that works really hard for her family I would find it really hard for me to justify this purchase. I received it in a birthday gift a friend gave me. Secondly there isn't that much product for how much you have to pay. The bottle gives you an illusion that there is a lot of product but really the bottom is just hollowed out space with mirrors giving you the illusion of lots of product. Third, it was a nice moisturizer that was creamy but I didn't notice a huge difference from the drugstore brand that I frequent. I did use all of the product but I just wasn't smitten.

Absorption
Nice absorption. It wasn't too oily like some moisture creams are.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I didn't feel like it clogged my pores. It went on light and blended nicely.

It was a nice moisturizer that was effective

Softens the Skin!!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:

The Clinique Moisture Surge is one of the best moisturizer I have used. This stuff is really neat and gives a glow on your skin. I have been using this product past 1 year and love it!!

It is not too greasy and doesn't clog the pores. Moreover, the moisturizer is so light and doesn't make my skin feel heavy and I can easily apply foundation on it and stay fresh for hours. I have a combination skin and this blends perfectly with my T zone.

Since, I have started using this product my skin feels young, radiant and well hydrated.

It all started one day when I went to the Clinique counter one day and asked the beauty expert to help me with my dry and dull skin, she recommended me CMS and gave me sample and within a week I could see the difference and came back to her to buy it!!

Though the jar is tiny but it lasts pretty long around 3.5-4 months. It's a little miracle in a jar.

This is my journey to the CMS moisturizer and hope it helps other people also!!