4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Its good but not the best of the best

I will not say I am a big fan of clinique. I feel this brand is rather too expenisve although the products are high quality. Thats why I decided to try their mascara. I got it on sale and went ahead and tried it. What I liked about it was that some of the mascaras when you wear make your eye lashes stick and you have to use a brush to seperate them. With this it just flows right through and it does not make them stick. Also I have had mine now for over an year and still its good. I mean I have had mascaras which have gone bad in just about 6 months and this one did last for longer than I expected.

I love the black color and when I use the clenaning towellete to remove it in the night. Its omces off easily. Yes, with some you can feel as if you have been punched in the eye. This one is good atleast in that way. But I also have tried others which are better than this but yes its definitely worth a try.

Clinique is a good brand but still I only pick their products when they are on sale. I know I minght sound a bit cliched but thats the way it is. I need to feel I got a nice deal with these expensive products.

Crumbling, Flaking, Burning- This is Allergy Safe?

Several people that I have known for a long time all swear by Clinique products. I had never been to a Clinique counter, but was assured by my long time friends that this company designs allergy proof, non-scented products which are safe to use even by those who are VERY sensitive.

I tend to fall into that category from time to time, so I made it a goal to visit the Clinique counter. I was pretty excited to try something new, especially since they were supposed to be designed to be gentle to people with sensitivities.

I scheduled an appointment with a consultant and was prepared to be wowed by these wonderful products. I even bought some products including mascara right away, I was so sure it was going to work.

Unfortunately, when I wore Clinique mascara, I experienced a lot of problems. First of all, the mascara did not stay on my eyes as nicely as I had hoped it would. I tried several different tubes of their mascara, returning one that didn't work out and trying another. I experienced stickiness that didn't dry, flaking or crumbling, which looked messy, but worst of all, I experienced burning of my eyes that was some of the worst from a mascara line that I have ever experienced. I ended up returning all of the mascara tubes and avoiding the line ever since.

Ease of Application
Although the performance was way below my expectations, ease of application was fine- easy to apply. The mascara didn't get all over my eyes, and it went on my lashes well.

Die hard CLINIQUE girl but this is a big what NOT to buy!

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

I love CLINIQUE! I have been using it for many years at least 15 years. the ONLY product I could care less for is the MASCARAS.

I have tried EVERY single one and each time I have come out disappointing. I am not sure what it is about the product or the formula they use but my lashes DISLIKE.

I feel like all the mascaras are way too thick and clumpy. My lashes NEVER look fresh, real and full with CLINIQUE'S mascara's. Each formula I have tried has done the same thing over and over. I do not like the clumping and the way they never separate the lashes really bothers me.

For me to be able to buy other labels and brands and get MUCH better results and my lashes look amazing it makes me believe that CLINIQUE need to revamp their formula and try something different!

I give each new mascara a try, Like I said I am a die hard FAN of CLINIQUE, it kills me to give such a disturbing thumbs down for a brand I truly love and respect...but this one is a big WHAT NOT TO BUY in my book.

Waterproof Mascara

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

I have used a variety of Clinique mascaras and typically like them all, however the waterproof one is the one I use the most. If I use a non-waterproof mascara from Clinique by the end of the day I can see where it has made light black shadows under my eyes. The waterproof stays on my eyes very well and rarely does that however I wear contact lenses and if it touches my contacts while still wet it then dries to the contacts and makes my eyesight blurry for a good while so I have to be very careful when applying it that I do not blink and that I allow it to dry on my eyelashes. Clinique mascara is a little bit pricey but I definitely think it is worth it as opposed to mascaras you can buy at any drug store. They always seem to make my eyes itch, but my Clinique never does thankfully. I am overall very pleased with Clinique mascara and will continue to purchase it it in the future.

• Ease of Application:

Didn't go on evenly or stay on well.

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

I was not pleased with this mascara, and discontinued using it unless I needed it in an emergency. Originally, I was excited to buy it, because I liked several other Clinique products in the skincare and makeup line. I thought it would be a high quality, but was not impressed. I would not recommend this.

Within just an hour or so after applying it, I would notice mascara that had started to come off and settle right under my eye. The last thing I want is to be worried about having a bunch of black color under my eyes. I had to keep using tissues throughout the day to clean under my eye. I felt like it just colored my lashes some, but did not really lengthen them or make them stand out well. It definitely did not curl my lashes or give them volume.

Ease of Application
I was not happy with the way it applied. It clumped on my eyelashes and I had to use a small eyelash brush to clean off the clumps and separate my eyelashes.

• Ease of Application:

Perfect lashes every time.

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

All of clinique's mascaras are amazing. I love them. I've used tons of other brands, but clinique makes my eyelashes... pop. I tried Cover girl, Revlon, etc. but none of them do what clinique brand mascaras do. None of them clump, and most of them come off pretty easily! Very impressed with the results I have gotten.

Doesn't clump.

• Ease of Application:

Doesn't stand up to contact lenses.

from York, PA

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

Flaky, doesn't stay put, horrible for contact lenses. A disappointing product from an otherwise fabulous company. I've tried 3 different varieties, all with the same result.

Flakes easily, rubs off, doesn't stay put.

Ease of Application
Applies well, but doesn't stay on.

• Ease of Application:

Crumbling, Flaking, Burning- This is Allergy Safe?

from Podunk, NY

• Ease of Application:

Stays moist and doesn't clump!

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

I have tried many different brands of mascara and I have to say that Clinique is my favorite. The mascara goes on smoothly and my lashes do not stick together like many other brands tend to do. The tube also stays moist, which is a huge problem that I've found with other brands. If I am going to pay a premium for make-up I want it to last! The price is kind of spendy, but I'm willing to pay for quality. Oftentimes I will buy Clinique products when they are having a free gift with purchase promotion. There's almost always mascara inside! The mascara stays on all day and does not flake off either. It removes very easily with just water but I also like to use the Clinique eye makeup remover if I've used a lot of liner/shadow that day too. I also love that Clinique products are hypoallergenic.

Clinique Mascara - lush eyelashes in a flash

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

With so many brands of mascara on the market these days, it's hard to make a choice. You want the long, thick, beautiful lashes at a reasonable cost. Clinique is a leader in the industry for cosmetics and they have once again come up with an amazing product. Clinique Mascara will lengthen your lashes and give them a nice smooth look. And better yet, without clumping. You know how some of those other mascaras clump on your eyelashes, making you look like the bride of frankenstein, well, no more worries. Clinique Mascara will give your lashes volume without any clumping at all. Clinique Mascara is also good for sensitive eyes too. Clinique is a very reputable brand and can be found just about anywhere. This amazing mascara is also very reasonably priced making it affordable to all. You know how expensive cosmetics can be sometimes, but Clinique will give you quality a a fraction of the cost. I highly recommend this product, it's worth every penny.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

I am a very sporty girl. My favorite sports include tennis, hockey, dance, lacrosse, golf, and ultimate frisbee. Because of this, it is very hard for me to find mascara or any make up for that matter that I enjoy and feel good about wearing! Although I do not wear make up everyday, I like the feeling I get from wearing make up because in the midst of all my sports and activities it makes me feel feminine. Clinique mascara is a light mascara that goes on effortlessly - I can put it on in no time at all, and it really makes an improvement to my face! I think that my eyes are one of my best features so I really like the extra POP it gives them to really make them shine. This mascara gives my eye lashes volume, length, and with all the different shades it comes in it looks uber natural. Also, you can get it in waterproof. I don't like that because its a pain to get off then, but for those people who do, this is you're best option.

Clinique Mascara Is Amazing

from Essex Junction, VT

Comments about Clinique Mascara:

I have become a huge fan of Clinique mascara. I was originally a Clinique perfume purchaser, but upon one buy I received a free gift of Clinique makeup which included a mascara. This was the first time I'd used their mascara and right away I noticed a difference. I found that I didn't get clumping or running. It lasted all day and it didn't smear. When I compared their mascara to others that I used, I relized that I **wasn't** going to be able to go back! I now am a true believer of Clinique products, the mascara bottle itself lasted a long time without it drying out. You will find that the quality is worth the price! You will find Clinique to a very great brand, they are generous with free products and when you pay for them, they are so worth the price! If there is something that you are interested in trying. but are uncertain of purchasing it, they are great about letting you sample it first. But, I guarentee you, you will go back because it will be like nothing you've tried before! I love them!