4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Works great on oily skin!

I like this soap because I have oily skin and it is very drying.  This is one of my very favorite facial soaps!  It's a bit expensive so I buy it during *free gift *days.  I feel better about spending that kind of money on soap when I get free gifts to give away to my friends :-)

Lasts for years because I can't use in winter

I really don't have much trouble with dryness on my face, unless I use this soap regularly in the winter.  It was shocking just how much difference I noticed in my skin when I stopped using this soap and used a cleansing cream instead.  All the redness and tight dry areas went away within 2 days of stopping to use it.

It's fine for the summertime, but when the heat is going in colder weather I just have to set it aside for the season.

Expensive and Drying

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

I'd never used Clinique Facial Soap bars before I received a mini version in a free gift sampler with another purchase and I decided to give it a try. I used up my mini one and purchased the regular sized one and was not impressed.

The large one is difficult to hold in the shower. It's a very large and unwieldy bar and oddly shaped so that it just loves to slip from wet hands and land on your toe. This got so annoying that I had to start spending the extra time to wash my face before I got in the shower which was even more annoying.

The soap has a very strange smell, but one that is similar to other products from the brand. It smells very similar to their facial moisturizer and reminds me of an old lady. Not in a bad way, but it's definitely there.

As for effectiveness it works well to get all traces of makeup off and cleans my oily skin very well. The only problem is that it cleans a little too well and leaves my skin dry. It actually created little dry patches of flaky skin on my forehead and nose when I used it during the winter.

Overall, this is a good soap but is very stripping of your skin's natural oils.

Not worth

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

I purchased the Clinique Facial Soap two years back and was quite disappointed with it as the soap did not last even for a week. It used to get dissolved when mixed with water and within about 4 days, it just melted in my hand and I had to dispose it off. However, I am happy and satisfied with the result it had on my skin. The fragrance was just too mesmerizing and the bathing experience was awesome. Clinique is known for manufacturing good quality products and this product also was the same. Being a facial soap, it gave me the same effect and I could notice the glow on my face and the face looked more clear and fair due to the removal of all the dust and dirt particles that were left in the pores of the skin which made my face look a bit dark. The soap works well on dry skin, oily skin as well as normal skin. The facial soap helps in removing makeup applied on the face but it required me to massage my face for about 2-3 minutes thoroughly to wash off the entire makeup applied on the face. However, the product does not last long which does not make it cost-effective.

• Ease of Application:

Perfect soap for daily face washing

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

This is a soap I have gone to for years for basic face washing. I don't have a lot of skin problems so this product works very well for me. It removes every day oil and dirt without leaving your face feeling dry like other soaps.

It works well. I use it before bed. I feel like it leaves my face feeling very smooth and oil free. It removes make up well too. I also use it on my hands, because it makes them feel softer.

Ease of Application
Very simple to use. It's just like a bar of soap. So add some water, lather it up and put it on your face. After you massage it in, rinse it off and pat dry.

I would say it has a light scent, but it just smells like soap. Not perfume like, which is good. I don't care for strong scents so this is a great pick for me.

• Ease of Application:

Good gentle facial bar soap.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

I like some Clinique products and some I don't. The line is a little expensive on my budget. I do still buy their products occasionally. I like Clinique Facial Soap because it is gentle and it seems to cleanse well. I haven't bought this in a while. I do think it is a nice soap but I can't really justify the cost when other soaps work just as well.

I have combination skin and this soap seems to suit it ok. When I use this the oil on my chin is less. This helps with clogged pores and acne. I like that the rest of my face doesn't get drier when using this. My face doesn't feel tight after using it. My skin feels soft, smooth, and comfortable. I like that it is gentle and doesn't cause any irritation or burning.

Ease of Application
This is a bar soap so it's a bit more mess and fuss than a liquid cleanser or scrub. I do like the little container it comes it because this helps contain any mess.

This really doesn't have a scent. You can smell it but barely and I don't really know how to describe it. It isn't necessarily good or bad.

• Ease of Application:

Great bar for regular skin

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

If you have normal skin with no issues, this bar is a great way to clean your skin and maintain its "normalcy." I was looking for a product line that was gentle on my skin but still provided a great cleanse. Clinique was recommended to me and since I already used some of their make up, I figured I would give it a try. It is a good general cleanser if you don't have any skin concerns like acne or dry skin. For what it does, the price is a tad high, but it does provide a nice clean.

This bar is great for a basic facial cleanser. It removes dirt and make up from your face and is fairly gentle. It doesn't strip your moisture like some soaps can. However, I find like I still have some remenants of make up on if I used foundation or BB cream that day.

Ease of Application
This is a bar, so it is not quite as easy to use as facial cleansers that are in a tube. While this comes with a soap dish, I always wonder about how clean my soap actually is when I am using it. Of course, you don't apply it right to the face like you do with other cleansers which also makes this a tad more difficult then other cleansers.

This is an unscented product. The bar itself has a slight scent to it, but it can only be described as a "soap" as it is not an added scent. This is nice because with so many scented products out there, I don't really need my face to smell like a flower.

good but messy

from Columbus GA

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

I have previously in the past purchased and used this Clinique Facial Soap and it was pretty good. This facial soap did a really good job cleaning my face and leaving it feeling refreshed and soft. I can say that it got rid of the oil on my skin. This product is really good for oily skin because my skin is oily and after I used it all the oil on my skin was gone. It left my face feeling nice and clean and did not leave behind any residue. It has a very bland almost pleasant scent so you do not have to worry about smelling the scent all day. I also have sensitive skin and this soap did not break me out or irritate my skin. It is hypoallergenic. There are two things that kind of put me off of this product and the first thing is the price. Being that this is a Clinique Facial Soap it is going to be expensive because it is a high end brand. You have to go to a department store to purchase this product if that tells you anything. The other thing I do not like about this facial soap is the fact that it is a bar and since it is a bar of soap it is messy and a lot gets wasted because it gets on the soap dish or whatever.

• Ease of Application:

Works great and lasts forever!

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

I used this soap through my teen years and early twenties. I love this soap. I suffer from combination/oily skin and acne would cause problems for me in my teens. I started using this product along with the toner and moisturizer. It was just what my skin needed. It worked very well to keep my skin clean and clear. This bar of soap last forever too, which makes it very affordable. It lathers up really well on the face too which makes your face feel very clean. I would highly recommend this product for anyone suffering from excess oil on the face.

I had excellent results with this soap. I think it is made to keep skin clear which could cause people to have breakouts in the beginning stages of using, but after your skin gets used to it, it will be fantastic.

Ease of Application
It isn't the easiest to use since it is a big bar and the holder seems to get dirty easily.

This soap does not have a scent, which I think is better for obtaining clear and clean skin.

• Ease of Application:

Got my face clean but dried it out.

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

I really like this brand and their products. I grew up wearing their make up and using their skin care. I had good results with most of them except this one. I bought this facial soap because I always dry to change up the skin care I use on my face. I try to not let me skin get used to a certain kind of skin care product. This soap did a great job at getting my face clean. My skin definitely was clean each time I used it. However, it also really dried my skin out. The skin on my face got really dry and started peeling. I had to use an intense moisturizer with it and eventually just stopped using it. I would not use it again.

It was too effective for me. It really dried out all the skin on my face. My face was definitely clean but incredibly dry.

Ease of Application
It was easy to use in the shower or at the sink. I used it in the shower so I could keep it in the shower.

The scent is fine. It does not have a strong scent to it at all. It just smells like a clean face soap.

Scentless and To the Point

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

This has been the only bar soap that I have used and feel confident enough in saying that it may indeed be the one that I stick with for the long run. I was once an advocate for proactive in my younger years, it may have been due to the fact that it was all the rage. That is neither here nor there, because after a while I guess my skin just got used to the product and the effects of it wore off. The clique bar has done wonders for both my face and my back and I can definitely say that aside from the occasional feminine blemishes, I have not had a mass amount of breakouts in a while. It even works wonders for my back as I found that the bath gels were not meant to do the job as well. There are less imperfections on my back and I don't have to worry about the smell because it is virtually scentless. If I could ask for some improvement, I would ask that it were more of a mint feel to it. I feel squeaky clean but I think it would be nicer to smell it as well.

• Ease of Application:

The best bar of soap for your face

Comments about Clinique Facial Soap:

Overall, Clinique continues to be my favorite skin are brand at the department store. I have sensitive skin that tends to be dry, it irritates very easily so I have to be careful about the products I use. This bar soap is wonderful! I personally do not use it daily, because I find a liquid soap to be quicker and just more convenient. However, this is my go to facial cleanser while traveling! Whether it is just an overnight trip or a long two week vacation, this is always a staple in my travel beauty bag. It is easy to carry and you do not have to worry about mess or accidental spills! This is a very, very gentle soap! It does a great job of cleansing dirt and makeup away at the end of the day, but it doesn't dry out your skin or strip your natural oils. It never has irritated my skin and I love the results I get while using it. I love the light scent, it is fresh and not invasive in any way. This soap is easy and fast to lather up, it goes onto your skin very easy and gives you a nice clean feeling after using. It works perfect along side with any Clinique moisturizer. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a gentle bar soap for your face.