3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

received compliments

I received the Clinique Even Better Skin tone corrector by winning a sweepstakes contest from Allure magazine.  Because it was promoted by Allure and was a trusted brand, I had high expectations of this product.  Since I also have a lot of rosacea and acne scars I made sure I stuck to this products recommended use for at least a month.  The first time I used it I noticed it had a VERY SLIGHTLY odd smell-it was not to my liking, but since it was such a faint smell it was easily ignorable.  I applied it everyday underneath my daily lotion and night cream and after a week I received my first compliment.  My mother asked what I was putting on my face, and that my skin's complexion looked brighter.  After that I received a couple more from friends.  Because this was the only item I had changed from my daily routine I guess it's ok to assume that this product was probably the reason for the change.  Unlike other correcting lotions and creams, this was a serum.  It went on light and wasn't greasy, and it didn't make my skin break out either.  Other than that smell issue, this product is worth continued use.

Severe Allergic Reaction to Clinique Even Better!

I suffered two weeks of rash and intense itching on my face and hands, everywhere this cream touched my skin.  I have never had a reaction like this to any product and have used Clinique products in the past, here and there for the past 20 years!  And this is Clinique, who prides itself on being 'allergy tested'.  I also have had a difficult time contacting Clinique to make them aware, which is disappointing since they must not be interested in feedback on their products.   Product contains 5% octisalate, which is a high concentrate of this chemical.  Thoroughly disappointed, as I suffered for two weeks with itchy red bumps all over hands, neck and face.

Did not improve my skins appearance whatsoever.

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

I am really grateful that I did not actually shell out the big bucks for this product. I received it as a gift and was so excited to give it a try as I had seen many advertisements for it in magazines and on the television. I thought that if it is from Clinique it must work because they are pretty high end. Well lets start with the packaging, which I did not like at all as I find big jars of cream to be asking for germs to enter. It seemed to be a little shiny and glittery looking on my skin too, and left my face unpleasantly shiny and looking like an oil slick the rest of the day. I decided to switch to only using it in the evening so I would not have to deal with the shine factor all day. While it did not break me out or anything, it basically just became a basic moisturizer to me, because it did absolutely nothing for my uneven skin and dark spots over a period of 4 weeks. I ended up just giving this stuff away.

It works, over time

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

I love their products, and this one is no exception. I can see a noticeable difference in the tone of my skin, however it took awhile to get to that point. Not a signficantly long time, but a decent amount of time for me to notice a huge difference in the tone of my skin. It is important to use this product faithfully, and it does not hurt to use in conjunction with another product in the Clinique line as well to achieve the best results. I am inpressed with this product and I will be using it again to maintain the results I have achieved thus far.

It does work, however it takes time to get the results you are looking for. In this case, patience is truly a virtue.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply, smooth over the skin. The good thing about this is the sunblock is already in the product

Great scent, I love it. It is very clean and lightly flowery smelling. It is not overbearing and does not clash with other scents you may be wearing at the same time. Plus, the scent of this fades rather quickly.

Okay for Dark Spots, Even Better for Oil

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

I bought this moisturizer hoping that it would even out some spots caused by acne and sun damage. While I saw some mild improvement over the course of three months, I would not recommend this product for anyone looking to correct dark areas. This moisturizer is more of a primer (it softens the appearance of red areas) than a correcting cream.

While I did notice gradual improvement in the overall evenness and smoothness of my skin, I didn't see any major improvement of dark spots caused by sun damage and acne scars.

Ease of Application
Like any facial moisturizer, this product is easy to apply.

The scent of this moisturizer, like most Clinique products, is free of artificial perfume or unpleasant chemical scents.

• Ease of Application:

Great moisturizer, but didn't help with uneven skin tone.

from Huntington Station, NY

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

Nice product, leaves skin moisturized without a greasy feel. Goes on light and stays moist all day.

Absorption
Easily absorbed into the skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
Goes on clean and light, no problems with clogging of pores.

Although, as a moisturizer, it worked well, it did not correct the uneven tones in my skin. Possibly it would be better for someone else, but had little or no effect on the unevenness of my skin.

I like that it's not greasy, but it's nothing special.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

I received a generous, 0.5 ounce jar of Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20 in my never-ending collection of bonus bag goodies from a couple months ago.  I did as the jar suggested and used it for at least 6 weeks to see a more even skin tone, and this is my experience.

**Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20** says that it, "instantly hydrates, brightens and clarifies" skin.  Within 4-6 weeks it should create a more even skin tone.  Unlike the horrible [Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion][1] , this product does not contain parabens, petroleum or mineral oil.  It's still not natural though.

Once this product runs out, I'm not running to Clinique to buy some.  I am enjoying my sample jar, but there are plenty of other moisturizers that are made of natural ingredients that I like way more.  If it were made with natural ingredients, I'd give it 4 stars.  If it were made of natural ingredients and actually improved skin tone, I'd give it 5 stars.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Clinique-Dramatically-Different-Moisturizing-Lotion-review-41842

So I started using this moisturizer about two months ago, to give it a fair chance to prove its 4-6 week skin tone improvement. Well, it's been 8 weeks and I don't notice a change in my skin tone. Under the area where you apply eye cream is a hard bone, the eye socket. Well, I have a little bit of darkened skin there that is probably from the sun where my sunglasses don't cover. Anyhoo, that's what I was hoping this moisturizer would fix, but it didn't. I understand this product isn't going to perform miracles, but the area doesn't even look affected, and I've been using it for 8 weeks! I love that it contains SPF 20. I've had malignant melanoma, so I have to be careful when I go in the sun. It's nice to apply your morning moisturizer and already have the sunscreen taken care of. I also like the way this product feels when you rub in it. It's not greasy or filmy. It rubs in perfectly and doesn't leave a funky feeling on my skin. It is moisturizing and I also like to use it as an eye cream too.

It's fragrance free. Some scented products give me a headache, so I love that this has absolutely no fragrance.

Great moisturizer!

from Owensboro, KY

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

I found this moisturizer as a sample. I'm a regular Clinique user and was eager to try this product to see what it would do to improve my skin tone and texture. After using the entire sample jar, I can honestly say that my skin looks smoother, more hydrated and more vibrant.

I did not notice any difference in blotchiness or evening of skin tone, but I did definitely notice that the fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead improved. This is a nice thick, creamy moisturizer that absorbs quickly. I do not notice any particular fragrance, which is nice. It's also easy to apply my makeup over this moisturizer and it stays put.

I like that it has SPF in it, and it was something I was looking for in a moisturizer. I love that it does not smell like a sunscreen.

It feels so good going on, and it makes my face feel smooth and moisturized without feeling greasy. I feel confident going out without foundation because this moisturizer makes my skin look so good. I can't really say that it doesn't work to correct skin tone because I don't have a big problem with blotchiness or discoloration. Fine lines were my main concern when I tried this product. I'm very happy with it, and while it is expensive, the jar lasts a long time and I feel like it's definitely worth the price!

Another miracle in a bottle! LOVE IT

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

I use this product 2x a day, morning and night after using the even better spot corrector and I LOVE this product and recommend it to anyone who suffers from acne scars. I am a 31 year old latina and have been battling break outs since I was about 24 (after having my son) and I have tried all products out there with no change or visible outcomes. I have been using this product along with the wash & clarifying lotion (toner) and my face has never looked so healthy!! all my dark scars are not gone, I will say they have lightened by 80% and everyone can tell the difference...

can't live without it

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

Clinique's "Even Better" lotion comes in a convenient pump dispenser and is a hi-tech technilogical breakthrough. It is designed to even out skin tones by gently, and over time fading dark spots cause by sun damage and uneven skin tones associated with natural aging. This product naturally recomends using a good sun block in conjunction with its use because new skin is being revealed with its use. This product is light weight and disappears once applied. Results are apparent after only a few weeks of use.  Skin is more even, dark spots are lighter and the look of the skin is more uniform and even.

Love this product!!!!!

Severe Allergic Reaction to Clinique Even Better!

from Holly Springs, NC

Evens my Face

from Campbell, OH

Comments about Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20:

I recieved a sample of Clinique even better skin tone, and I love it. I have various skin tones on my face, from acne and dark circles and just regular uneven skin tone. After using the sample give to me, I did notice that my face is smoother and I am able to use less makeup to get the same look. I love it. Although I know this isnt magic, its not going to completly erase all my uneven tones, but this is the best product that I have used and it provided the best results in a short amount of time. My sample came in a tube. The corrector is very easy to apply. It isnt greasy or heavy at all on your skin. It makes it very comfortable to use all day.Its also 100% fragrance free. Which is really nice becasue sometime a lot of rone corrector fragrance is a little too powerful for me. I use the Clinique Even Better mostly at night during my nightly routine. That way I dont forget, and I can apply it on a clean face.