Other Facial Moisturizers:
Moisturizers for Normal Skin
Clinique
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

Pros

• Absorbs quickly (5)
  • Moisturizes well (5)
  • Not greasy (5)
  • Softens skin (5)
  • Goes on smoothly (4)

• After shower/bath (4)
  • Deep moisturization (4)
  • Bedtime (3)
  • Dry/chapped skin (3)
  • Winter dryness (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Brand buyer (4)

Too light for me because I'm a fossil. Good for young skin.

***Quick View: ***This is a tried and true facial moisturizer that I used to use when I was younger. I recently tried it again and realized my older, dryer skin needed more than this lotion.***About Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion***

This lotion comes in a 1.7 ounce size and a 4.2 ounce size. It is part of Clinique's three part skin care system that I used in my late 20's and early 30's. This lotion is yellow and thin. It absorbs well and does hydrate my skin. It's good for day when I want something light but is, in no way, thick enough for a night cream for me. Clinique has come out with a formula for dry to very dry skin which I have yet to try but, in my experience, lotions just don't do the trick like thick creams.

Anyway, this lotion didn't irritate my sometimes sensitive skin and it did absorb fast. It left my skin feeling smooth. However, about three hours after application, my face felt tight and dry and I wanted to apply more. I was wearing makeup so I couldn't do that, but I felt like I needed more to get me through the day. I can't complain really about the lotion because I know I have dry skin and this is made "for all skin types" which usually means it is a light lotion. I won't use it but I think it is a good one for those with younger skin or oily to combination skins. Perhaps the dryer skin formula is better for me but I am happy with my Philosophy creams and doubt I will buy the heavier formula.

***My Viewpoint***

**Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion** has been around for a long time and won awards. But, for me, it's too lightweight. My skin is too dry and, let's face it, I'm old at almost 43 and need more. I need a thicker cream to hydrate and moisturize my skin. However, this may be for you if you want a lighter lotion that doesn't clog pores or take a long time to absorb. ***This was a 3 star product for me but I think overall it is probably a 4 star one for the masses.*** I just need more.

Clinique Dramatically Different... not so much!

So you would think from the name, that Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, would be dramtically different than the rest of the moisturizers on the market. Sadly, it is not. Now granted, it is less expensive that many of the department store moisturizers out there, but it is still significantly more expensive than a drug store moisturizer.

My main problem with this moisturizer is that it is SUPER greasy, it almost feels almost sticky, both on my fingers when I apply, as well as on my face. And even after I have rubbed this moisturizer into my skin, it feels most like bug repellant than moisturizer.

And another turn-off is that there are artificial colors added to this moisturizer. And any reason the creators might have chosen to do that is absolutely beyond me. I prefer my moisturizer to not have any color.

I prefer Nivea's skin so soft or any of the Dove or Neutrogena moisturizers to this. For about one third the price, you can get a moisturizer that actually feels like it is hydrating your skin.

The one upside, is that I purchased this program, as I do all of my department store moisturizer purchases, when Clinique was in gift. So I did accumulate a bunch of free make-up when I bought this product, which made me feel a little bit better about wasting money on this over-promising product.

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT!

from LOS ANGELES, CA

About Me Brand Buyer, Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Softens Skin

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I HAVE BEEN TRYING SEVERAL MOISTURIZERS AND THIS IS DEFINITELY A KEEPER. I TEND TO USE IT AFTER I SHOWER AND BEFORE APPLYING MAKEUP. IT DOESN'T LEAVE ANY HEAVY OR OILY RESIDUE. LEAVES MY SKIN WITH A SORT OF DEWY COMPLEXION. ONE BOTTLE LASTS ME ABOUT 3 MONTHS USING A DIME SIZED AMOUNT 1-2X A DAY

Super moisturizing!

from Chicago, IL

About Me Brand Buyer, Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Long Lasting
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Not Greasy
    • Smells Great

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I love all clinique products however have always been a fan of this moisturizer. It is great for all skin tones, sensitive skin and the fragrance is just light enough so it isn't overpowering.

Amazing and simple face moisturizer

from Austin, tx

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Long Lasting
      • Moisturizes Well
      • Not Greasy
      • Softens Skin

• Eczema

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

If you need a moisture boost for you face, you must try this product! Clinique is one of my top trusted brands. Their products are easy to use and they do exactly what it states on the bottle. If you have dry, cracked, or irritated skin...this moisturizer will absolutely do the job! I also use this as a daily moisturizer, and sometimes at night as needed. In my opinion, this product is great for all skin types.

number one

from morocco

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
        • Goes On Smoothly
        • Long Lasting
        • Moisturizes Well
        • Not Greasy
        • Smells Great

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

Best moisturiser ever!! Keeps my skin hydrated day and night. It's an amazing ingredient for your skin because it blocks environmental pollutants from entering your skin and it keeps the moisture in your skin as well! If you use a moisturiser with mineral oil in it all your life your skin will look amazing when your 80! :) also mineral oil is non comedogenic so it doesn't block pores (contrary to popular belief) :) I love how thin this moisturiser is and I got the big bottle in duty free so it's good value for money :)

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Awesome Moisturizer

from Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
          • Goes On Smoothly
          • Long Lasting
          • Moisturizes Well
          • Not Greasy
          • Smells Great

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

Works well and goes on smooth. Use before make up.

Alright Mositurizer

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I started using Clinique products in high school when I couldn't really tell a difference between brands. The face lotion is an alright product that will moisturize your face, although after a while I realized I needed a thicker moisturizer to really make a difference with my skin. I found that it wasn't until after I switched to a different brand that my makeup wasn't going on as smooth with Clinique and my skin didn't have that soft feeling I wanted. That being said, if you don't need a heavy moisturizer on your skin this lotion may be a good option for you and it is relatively inexpensive compared to other department store moisturizers. I also never had an issue with my skin breaking out after using it which is why I used it for so long.

The scent is pretty much unnoticeable making it a very good product for those who have sensitive skin or those who are allergic to strong smells.

Truly Beautiful Product

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

This has been my go-to moisturizer for well over 10 years and I'm still as loyal today as I was on Day One. Soothing, smoothing lotion nourishes your skin and your soul. As my skin had matured, this product has become more valuable in keeping my face in the best shape possible.

It provides the moisture my skin needs in a convenient form that's both easy to dispense and simple to apply. Some other brands I have tried were extremely difficult to remove completely without considerable scrubbing, which is counterproductive in terms of potential abrasion to the skin surface. Used as an integral part of Clinique's Three Step Skincare System, it provides high quality protection and care to keep skin as healthy and happy as possible.

Ease of Application
            Dispenses flawlessly for maximum effectiveness and minimum wasted product. I even keep a travel sized tube in my purse to help prevent the cold and flu seasons' "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" effect.

Not amazing

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I like clinique for makeup and some of their skin care products, but this lotion does not cut it. I have family that raves about it so I thought I would give it a try but I was so disappointed by the results.

This is an odd product. When I put it in my hand and on my face it feels greasy. Greasy to the point of feeling gross. In spite of how heavy it seems, my face actually gets dry feeling. Its like this product just sits on top of my skin instead of soaking in. If that is the case, there would definitely not be any dramatic difference (as the name implies) from long term use of this lotion. I discontinued use fairly quickly because I was not at all impressed with how this made my skin look and feel. I don't know why it works so well for some people

Ease of Application
            Goes on easily, although like I said it feels greasy

I like that there is very little noticeable scent to this product. It is light and fresh smelling without overpowering.

Great moisturizer

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

This is a great moisturizing lotion but still feels lightweight on the skin. You will only need to apply a small amount which makes the bottle last a long time. Great value. The pump bottle is easy to use and does not clog up. Works well with the entire Clinique line including other moisturizers or all by itself.

No scent

• Ease of Application:

Clinique lotion is the perfect moisterizer for most skin types.

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I started using this product when I was about 25, so I've been using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for about 40 years. It makes my skin feel smooth, never feels oily, and I especially like that it has no scent. I would recommend it for young girls in particular, and women of any age.