Other Facial Moisturizers:
Moisturizers for Normal Skin
Clinique

• Ease of Application:

Too light for me because I'm a fossil. Good for young skin.

***Quick View: ***This is a tried and true facial moisturizer that I used to use when I was younger. I recently tried it again and realized my older, dryer skin needed more than this lotion.***About Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion***

This lotion comes in a 1.7 ounce size and a 4.2 ounce size. It is part of Clinique's three part skin care system that I used in my late 20's and early 30's. This lotion is yellow and thin. It absorbs well and does hydrate my skin. It's good for day when I want something light but is, in no way, thick enough for a night cream for me. Clinique has come out with a formula for dry to very dry skin which I have yet to try but, in my experience, lotions just don't do the trick like thick creams.

Anyway, this lotion didn't irritate my sometimes sensitive skin and it did absorb fast. It left my skin feeling smooth. However, about three hours after application, my face felt tight and dry and I wanted to apply more. I was wearing makeup so I couldn't do that, but I felt like I needed more to get me through the day. I can't complain really about the lotion because I know I have dry skin and this is made "for all skin types" which usually means it is a light lotion. I won't use it but I think it is a good one for those with younger skin or oily to combination skins. Perhaps the dryer skin formula is better for me but I am happy with my Philosophy creams and doubt I will buy the heavier formula.

***My Viewpoint***

**Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion** has been around for a long time and won awards. But, for me, it's too lightweight. My skin is too dry and, let's face it, I'm old at almost 43 and need more. I need a thicker cream to hydrate and moisturize my skin. However, this may be for you if you want a lighter lotion that doesn't clog pores or take a long time to absorb. ***This was a 3 star product for me but I think overall it is probably a 4 star one for the masses.*** I just need more.

Clinique Dramatically Different... not so much!

So you would think from the name, that Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, would be dramtically different than the rest of the moisturizers on the market. Sadly, it is not. Now granted, it is less expensive that many of the department store moisturizers out there, but it is still significantly more expensive than a drug store moisturizer.

My main problem with this moisturizer is that it is SUPER greasy, it almost feels almost sticky, both on my fingers when I apply, as well as on my face. And even after I have rubbed this moisturizer into my skin, it feels most like bug repellant than moisturizer.

And another turn-off is that there are artificial colors added to this moisturizer. And any reason the creators might have chosen to do that is absolutely beyond me. I prefer my moisturizer to not have any color.

I prefer Nivea's skin so soft or any of the Dove or Neutrogena moisturizers to this. For about one third the price, you can get a moisturizer that actually feels like it is hydrating your skin.

The one upside, is that I purchased this program, as I do all of my department store moisturizer purchases, when Clinique was in gift. So I did accumulate a bunch of free make-up when I bought this product, which made me feel a little bit better about wasting money on this over-promising product.

number one

from morocco

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

• After Shower/Bath
    • Bedtime
    • Deep Moisturization
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

Best moisturiser ever!! Keeps my skin hydrated day and night. It's an amazing ingredient for your skin because it blocks environmental pollutants from entering your skin and it keeps the moisture in your skin as well! If you use a moisturiser with mineral oil in it all your life your skin will look amazing when your 80! :) also mineral oil is non comedogenic so it doesn't block pores (contrary to popular belief) :) I love how thin this moisturiser is and I got the big bottle in duty free so it's good value for money :)

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Awesome Moisturizer

from Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Long Lasting
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Not Greasy
    • Smells Great
    • Softens Skin

• After Shower/Bath
      • Bedtime

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

Works well and goes on smooth. Use before make up.

Alright Mositurizer

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I started using Clinique products in high school when I couldn't really tell a difference between brands. The face lotion is an alright product that will moisturize your face, although after a while I realized I needed a thicker moisturizer to really make a difference with my skin. I found that it wasn't until after I switched to a different brand that my makeup wasn't going on as smooth with Clinique and my skin didn't have that soft feeling I wanted. That being said, if you don't need a heavy moisturizer on your skin this lotion may be a good option for you and it is relatively inexpensive compared to other department store moisturizers. I also never had an issue with my skin breaking out after using it which is why I used it for so long.

The scent is pretty much unnoticeable making it a very good product for those who have sensitive skin or those who are allergic to strong smells.

Truly Beautiful Product

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

This has been my go-to moisturizer for well over 10 years and I'm still as loyal today as I was on Day One. Soothing, smoothing lotion nourishes your skin and your soul. As my skin had matured, this product has become more valuable in keeping my face in the best shape possible.

It provides the moisture my skin needs in a convenient form that's both easy to dispense and simple to apply. Some other brands I have tried were extremely difficult to remove completely without considerable scrubbing, which is counterproductive in terms of potential abrasion to the skin surface. Used as an integral part of Clinique's Three Step Skincare System, it provides high quality protection and care to keep skin as healthy and happy as possible.

Ease of Application
      Dispenses flawlessly for maximum effectiveness and minimum wasted product. I even keep a travel sized tube in my purse to help prevent the cold and flu seasons' "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" effect.

Not amazing

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I like clinique for makeup and some of their skin care products, but this lotion does not cut it. I have family that raves about it so I thought I would give it a try but I was so disappointed by the results.

This is an odd product. When I put it in my hand and on my face it feels greasy. Greasy to the point of feeling gross. In spite of how heavy it seems, my face actually gets dry feeling. Its like this product just sits on top of my skin instead of soaking in. If that is the case, there would definitely not be any dramatic difference (as the name implies) from long term use of this lotion. I discontinued use fairly quickly because I was not at all impressed with how this made my skin look and feel. I don't know why it works so well for some people

Ease of Application
      Goes on easily, although like I said it feels greasy

I like that there is very little noticeable scent to this product. It is light and fresh smelling without overpowering.

Great moisturizer

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

This is a great moisturizing lotion but still feels lightweight on the skin. You will only need to apply a small amount which makes the bottle last a long time. Great value. The pump bottle is easy to use and does not clog up. Works well with the entire Clinique line including other moisturizers or all by itself.

No scent

• Ease of Application:

Clinique lotion is the perfect moisterizer for most skin types.

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I started using this product when I was about 25, so I've been using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for about 40 years. It makes my skin feel smooth, never feels oily, and I especially like that it has no scent. I would recommend it for young girls in particular, and women of any age.

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I really wanted to like Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, based on all the positive reviews. I tested it by initially putting it only on one side of my face, leaving the other without any product, so that I could more accurately judge how much moisture it added. Overall, it just didn't add that much moisture to my face - a small amount, but not enough to justify buying it.
      Positives: It didn't make my face break out, which many moisturizing products will do to me.
      Negatives: (1) It had a vaguely medicinal odor to it, like a lot of Clinique skin products have. If Clinique goes to the trouble of adding color or dyes to make it yellow, then why not either add some scent - or better yet, take out the dye? (2) Expensive, but I had a sample. (3) When first put it on, it just seemed to settle there - I hoped that it would absorb in but it did not, so I was left with a feeling of a sticky film on my face. The next time, I tried using much less, but it still did not absorb as much as I'd like.

• Ease of Application:

Good moisturizer for dry skin, but no SPF, a bit pricey

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

The Bottom Line: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion does not have any miracle ingredient and is not much more than a good moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin. It has no SPF to protect against sun damage, which at this price, is a bit surprising. It does moisturize dry skin quite well, but may be a bit too greasy for oily skin.

This facial lotion is a very good moisturizer, especially if you have dry skin. It does contain Mineral and Sesame oil, and you can definitely feel it on your skin when applying it. When I wore it on a hot summer day, my face stayed a bit shiny for a few hours after application, and I have fairly dry skin, so I would not recommend this lotion to people with oily or acne prone skin.

Do not expect miracles with this lotion though. It will not reduce your fine lines or make any dramatic difference, but it will lock in moisture, and also makes a good base for your make-up, just as long as you don't have oily skin.

Ease of Application
      The pale yellow lotion is very easy to apply and goes on smoothly and evenly because of its rather light texture.

I personally do not mind if a facial cream has a scent but if you don't care for scented creams or have sensitivity to smell, then this Clinique lotion will definitely meet your needs as it is fragrance free lotion.

Absolutely Not For OIly Skin

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion:

I absolutely love the little gift bags Clinique gives out with purchases so when my mom bought something from them I snagged her gift bag and used all the products (she didn't mind). One of the products was a travel sized bottle of their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I recognized it immediately because of the pale yellow bottle.

Although the lotion is geared towards those with dry to very dry skin (aka their older clientele) I gave it a try on my oily skin. It was way too emollient for my skin and left it very greasy and shiny. I was fine with that since I got it for free. Where I did use it successfully was my neck and chest. It was very moisturizing for the thin skin there and left it very smooth and soft.

Since I could not use this on my face it really wasn't a wonderful experience but I did get some use out of my free bottle and it was a good experiment and I now know what not to use.