Other Facial Moisturizers:
Clinique
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

• Ease of Application:

Light moisturizer! Great for combination and sensitive skin

I find that this lotion is sometimes not quite enough for my skin in winter, and I have to use a bit more than I should need to. But despite that I am surprised by this moisturizer since I am not a fan of the rest of the Clinique 3-step system. I have combination skin, occasional breakouts in my t-zone area and on my chin and this lotion worked wonders at moisturizing my dry areas and not leaving my skin greasy enough to break out. It absorbs pretty quickly and leaves behind a pretty *matte* finish. I definitely recommend the **gel **over the lotion especially if you have combination, oily, or sensitive skin because I believe the lotion is too emollient and greasy. Another great thing about this product is that it has a pump which is very convenient and non-messy. The only downsides is it does not contain an spf so you have to use an additional product along with this during the day to give you the protection you need. It is a little pricey but the bottle is big enough and definitley goes a long way!

Clinique moisturizer is overpriced and over rated!

I have used Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel a few times over the last ten years but I have not been overly impressed with this product. The only time I splurge and spend money on Clinique products is when they have a promotion which offers free products when you spend a set amount of money.

I honestly do not feel that Clinique moisturizer is dramatically different from less expensive brands of facial moisturizer. I did not notice any difference in my skin's appearance after using this product. This is a high end product that is popular simply because it carries the Clinique name. I just can't justify spending that much money on a moisturizer that is mediocre at best!

Ease of Application
Clinique moisturizer is easy to apply but you need to use quite a bit of product to cover your face and neck. The moisturizer absorbs easily into your skin and is not greasy. It is an average moisturizer but it is nothing special. I have found that less expensive brands are equally effective in moisturizing my skin.

Clinique moisturizer has a pleasant fresh smell, but the scent does not last. I prefer a moisturizer with a stronger scent that lingers on my skin and neck.

Got this product free with a purchase

from Galesburg Illinois

About Me Brand Buyer, Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Not Greasy
  • Softens Skin

• After Shower/Bath

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

I got this in the 3 step kit. I have combination skin and doesn't moisturize well enough for me but with someone who is more on the oily side I think this product would be perfect!

A Perfect Moisturizer

from Charleston, WV

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Not Greasy
    • Softens Skin

• Dry/Chapped Skin

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

This is a great moisturizer for morning or night! I have oily to combination skin, and it gives me the perfect balance of moisture, without feeling or looking greasy. The texture is very light, and absorbs quickly. I like that there are no added irritating ingredient's or smells. It does a great job soothing my face after my at home facial peel. I would definitely recommend this product!

Decent, but prefer the lotion

from MI

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

I have used Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing lotion for quite a number of years. I have very dry skin, and the lotion always seemed to do the job. Awhile ago I received a sample of the dramatically different moisturizing gel, and while it is very similar to the lotion, it just doesn't have the same moisturizing power for me.

It was okay, smelled similar, but with any gel moisturizing product, can be a little sticky, which I don't really love. I didn't find that this product carried the same weight as far as moisturizing my very dry skin, so perhaps this product would be better suited for someone with oily skin.

I don't think I would ever actually use this again or buy it at full price, just because I don't really prefer the feeling of a gel moisturizer, and it just didn't provide enough moisture to last me through the day.

Didn't work that well for me, but I have very, very dry skin. Perhaps it would be better for an oily type skin.

Not worth the expense.

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

Clinique has always been a premier beauty brand. I would never spend the extravagant amount of money on a moisturizer. I prefer the beauty bargains of the discount and drug stores. As this was a gift from a coworker I was so excited to try it. However, I found the moisturizing results to be comparable to my drugstore bargains, and I noticed no improvement in my skin's tone and texture. Clinique touts itself as a great remedy for treating dark spots. My dark spots showed no lessening or lightening.

I have never purchased beauty items at a department store before. All of my beauty purchases have come from discount or drug stores. I was gifted this lotion by a co-worker who had switched facial care brands. I had a lot of expectations for the moisturizing qualities of the more expensive formula. While it did a fair job of keeping my dry skin from flaking, I did not notice a difference in my skin texture or evenness. The heavy scent of the product did make the sensitive skin on my cheeks a bit irritated.

Ease of Application
      I will say that this formula was very easy to spread onto my skin and neck. The packaging is very small which made it easy for me to toss in my gym bag.

If you like a heavily perfumed lotion, than this is made for you. I prefer to have a lightly scented lotion that does not interfere with my other perfumes and hair products. With my sensitive skin, I like to use lotions that are not too heavily scented.

• Ease of Application:

Gives nice moisture but can be sticky!

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

I have been using this product for over 10 years. My last bottle seemed to be a bit stickier a than the norm. It also seemed to lay on the top of my face and it took a limp g time to sink in. It seems to have had some tweeking with the formula.

Feels good, but it doesn't seem to go the distance. I need a makeup priming base over this moisturizing. They could begin the type out a regiment for morning and evenings. I really haven't seen much improvement with my fine lines. It also takes several minutes for the product to be absorbed. I wish Clinique would add something to correct aging brown spots.

Ease of Application
      Whether you use the pump or the tump be, the product flows nicely. I prefer the pump as it is stable and I get a better amount of product with one pump. I think you get a more accurate amount of product using the pump.

Very slight if any odor. There was not enough fragrance to be offensive. It is a clean odor and very in offensive.

my favorite summer moisturizer

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

This is definitely my favorite summer moisturizer. I use many different moisturizers, but I always find myself going back to this one. It is very light weight. The yellow tint to it is also good for redness. Since it is a gel formula, it is very cooling and soothing. It keeps my face moisturized all day. I have very oily skin, and I find that this moisturizer absorbs into my skin very quickly and I continue to stay matte all day. It is also good for my sensitive skin considering it doesn't have a fragrance or any harsh chemicals.

Ease of Application
      The moisturizer in the tube is amazing, however the one in the square pump bottle is a pain in the butt. At first it is really easy to use, but whenever you get closer to the bottom, it is harder to get the product out. I find myself having to unscrewing the pump and tapping it out onto my hand, and then applying it to my face.

I love the scent even though my husband hates it. I have a weird obsession with scents of my skin care products.

• Ease of Application:

Clinique moisturizer is overpriced and over rated!

from Stoughton, Wi

• Ease of Application:

Gel is a great alternative to a typical moisturizer

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

It can't get much better. Scent is barely there, smooth, cool on the skin, light, non-oily, doesn't make my skin break out or clog pores... The best product I have found that actually still does moisturize.

Just as effective as regular moisturizers.

Can't get any easier.

You can hardly smell anything. If they could figure out a way to make it completely scent free, I'd give it a 10. I prefer products as natural and with as little ingredients, including fragrances, as possible.

Amazing must buy product

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

This is one of the best products like this that I've used. If you're considering purchasing this you definitely should. It does a great job of hydrating my skin. Since it is a gel, it doesn't sit on my skin. It absorbs quickly. If you have dry skin or you're just looking for an everyday moisturizer, it is a great option. It is slightly more pricey than other brands; however, it is worth it for sure.

• Ease of Application:

Hydrates well, prepares the face for makeup too!

Comments about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel:

After being treated for Eczema last year, I believed my skin is still dry until lately I went in to shop a new foundation at the Clinique counter. The representative there asked me some questions, analyzed my skin and concluded that I have oily skin. This is when she told me about this product which, if applied before the makeup gives a smooth and hydrated look on the face.
      This gel is good on its own and prepares the face for makeup too. It hydrates the facial skin well without making it look greasy. I have used the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for five days as of now and I am already in love with the product. It is such a light weight, easy to apply gel. It definitely runs a little costly, but the best part is just a little is what you need for the whole face. Thus, the whole bottle must last long.
      The representative gave me a free sample for the same which I am thankful for, else I wouldn't have thought to buy this product. I am definitely looking forward to buy this product. I am sure this moisturizing gel will do wonders for my skin in the future as well.