Other Eyeshadows:
Clinique
Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink

Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink

Good Shadow but Too Pricey!

Comments about Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink:

I received the Clinique Surge Eye Shadow Duo as a Christmas gift. It is not necessarily something that I would have purchased for myself, however because it was a gift I decided that I would take full advantage of it. At first the colors when on evenly and smoothly and were pretty strong. The shadow didn't irritate my eyes, which is good because my eyes have been known to be sensitive to some eye make-up. I didn't really like the brush that came with this shadow so I went ahead and used one of my other brushes. This made a lot of difference and I wore the shadow a lot more. I like how it goes on smooth and doesn't start to look powdery at all. This is a great shadow for all day everyday wear or for applying and going out. This shadow applies pretty easily and I can have it on both eyes perfectly in about a minute. This shadow washes off easily too and I don't feel like I am scraping it off my face. Face wash or eye make-up remover does the trick. I would definitely recommend this shadow but be warned that it is kind of expensive compared to other shadows.

One of my favorite eyeshadows!

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink:

I love the natural and soft color and feel of this eyeshadow pair. I have fair skin during the fall and winter months, with fairly dark hazel eyes. I don't like for my eyeshadow to be too drastic. These colors are perfect to accentuate my eyes and still look natural and not overdone. I use the darker color at the bottom of my eyelid and the lighter color toward the top. I can use it during the day and it does not look too dark. I can add a little of the darker color farther up my eyelid in the evening for a slightly more dramatic look. The only negative aspect is that on my eyelids, the lighter color doesn't always go on as smoothly as the darker one. Because it's on the top part of my eyelid toward the brow line, it stands out if it is clumpy or not smooth. Sometimes I had to take a clean makeup brush or a tissue and smooth it out some. I don't know if this is just something with my eyelids, or the makeup itself.

Clinique Like Mink Eyeshadow isn't my favorite!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink:

I generally like Clinique eyeshadows because they usually have a velvety texture and beautiful colors. Unfortunately, **Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink** is not a favorite.

This eyeshadow duo contains two colors - a very slightly frosty vanilla color and a very slightly frosty cocoa color. It's weird because when you look at the colors in the compact, they seem like they would be extremely frosty because they shimmer, but when I put them on my eyes, the frost is almost gone. They're not matte either...it's weird.

Unlike other Clinique eyeshadows I've used, these two colors do not feel velvety, nor do they have very much pigment. I have to sweep the color across my eyelid several times to get the amount of color that I'm looking for. Out of the two colors, I like the vanilla color better because it's a decent neutral color that is good for blending. The cocoa color is just ok.

What I do like about this product is the compact. I know it sounds silly, but I love that it has a mirror AND an eyeshadow brush inside. Usually, smaller compacts don't have one or both of those, and this does!

Love Like Mink!!

from Glasgow, KY

Comments about Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink:

Like Mink by Clinique is one of my favorite eye shadows!! I don't think you can beat the way Clinique eye shadow goes on and stays on. It glides on smoothly and provides good coverage for your whole eye lid. The Like Mink color duo goes perfectly with any outfit so if I don't know what I'm wearing on a certain day I just go with Like Mink and I'm good to go! I have blue eyes and these colors are often suggested as a way to highlight them. I think they are the perfect shades of those colors. I am cheap and I've tried to buy other brands in similar shades but it is not the same. The quality is not the same and it doesn't cover the way Clinique does and the shades are just a bit off. I'm never as pleased!

easy to apply

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink:

This is my go-to eyeshadow for days when I feel lazy or don't want to spend too much time on my eyes. The eyeshadows in this set are great colors to wear together. I like how even after wearing these eyeshadows for an entire day, they do not crease on my eyelids or look smeared in any way. I use an eye primer before applying the eyeshadow since my days are long (16 hour workdays!), but these eyeshadows would last for anyone who doesn't wear eye primer. I use the darker color on the outer corner of my eyes and the lighter color on my eyelids. There a slight sparkle in the lighter color, but it doesn't look tacky or make you look like a teenager wearing glittery eyeshadow. I also have the green/beige eyeshadow duo and they look good too.

Great and non-irritating

from Washington, PA

Comments about Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo - Like Mink:

I have trouble with my eye lids being sensitive when I use anything on them that is irritating.  A lot of the eye shadows that I have purchased in drug stores or at mass retailers must have some item in them that just drives my eye lids crazy.  They get red and start to peel--quite ugly.

I have used many Clinique items in the past, but never thought to try their eye shadow until now.  I love it.  It is creamy and non-irritating.  It doesn't leave creases in the shadow even after wearing it all day.  I have been so impressed with it.  I do use a different shadow brush than what comes with it, but I don't think that makes a big difference.

The colors are great.  They mix well together.  I am not a big fan of bright colors on my eye lids, so this brown really works for me.  I like that there are two colors that come in this compact.

So far, I have been very happy with the hypo allergenic abilities of this makeup and would recommend it  to anyone who has the same issues as me.