Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion

Pros

Cons

Searches & Destroys Pimples

I normally have breakouts on my chin which I understand is caused by hormonal changes and stress but lately I had been getting pimples on my cheeks and areas I had never had them previously. My face was always oily and irratated-looking too. I was trying name-brand and natural spot treatments but my pimples continued to look the same day after day and they would not heal. I was at the end of my rope with breakouts until I remembered a tried and true brand, Clinique. I marched on up to the Clinique counter and I explained my whitehead woes to the expert. After checking my face and asking me a few questions, she recommended Clinique Acne Solutions Emergeny Gel for me. I purchased the gel and my expert said she would be calling me to see how the product is working for me in a few days; I think I must have looked very distressed over my pimples problems because she showered me with samples too! That night, I washed my face with my usual products so I could tell if the Emergency gel really worked or not. The last step in my beauty regimen was to dab the gel on a huge pimple on my chin that had not bugged for at least three days. I also dabbed the gel on breakouts on my cheeks and nose. The Emergency gel felt soothing, it did not burn at all, and it did not have an offensive smell. Pleasantly happy with the gentle effects of the Emergency gel, I retired to dreamland very content. The sound of my alarm jolted me awake to the next morning. I stretched and accidently brushed my hand against my face. Something was different - but what? What was different? As soon as I pondered the question, the answer came to me. My skin felt different! My chin did not feel sore and it was not as oily. I quickly palpated my cheeks and, to my amazement, my skin felt smooth and not lumpy and rough like usual. I could not stand it anymore, I had to look in the mirror! I almost cried when I saw my reflection but my almost tears were not sad almost tears. My cheeks were a clear sandy beige with no irritated redness or breakouts instead of the bumpy, large pore, and angry look they had for weeks. My eyes then turned to look at the spot where the Mount Rushmore of pimples once stood; KEYWORD: once. Although there was a pimple remaining on my chin, it was no longer huge which thrilled me! I had this huge pimple for weeks and nothing decreased it, brought the bacteria out, and lessened the irritation like my first night of using the Clinique Emergency gel. When I woke up the bacteria came to the surface on my chin pimple but after washing my face, the bacteria drained out and this pimple was visibly smaller and on the road to gone! Two days later, this pimple is nothing but a bad memory. I love the look of fresh, clean skin and Clinique Acne Solutions Emergeny Gel makes it happen for me! I would recommend this Emergency gel for anyone who has stuborn acne. I also like the fact that the gel version of this product does not contain benzoyl peroxide because of the harsh drying effects and it being a possible carcinogen

Does not work for me

I was surprised with this product and that it did not work for me. I really like Clinique products and have had positive experiences with all of the products I have tried. I bought this to use when I can fell a zit coming and was hoping it would prevent it from coming or help the healing time. I could not tell a difference at all when using this product. It actually made my face burn and dry out terribly. It made the zit looks worse since it would start peeling from being dry. I only used this a few times and then took it back to the store, it was not what I was looking for and I could not see any results.

This product did not help to clear up any acne that I had, but made my face red and irritated.

Ease of Application
It is easy to apply as it comes in a gel form and can easily be placed on problem areas.

Side Effects
My face burned and became irritated. It made my face very dry and begin to peel. I have never had this bad of side effects from any facial products. My face did not agree with this formula.

Does not work for me

from Wesley Chapel, FL

• Immediacy:

Okay formula you can get anywhere

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

For many years, Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion was my go-to spot treatment for an emerging or fully blown pimple that I just had to get rid of. It works because of the active acne ingredient, 5% benzoyl peroxide. More often then not, it would reduce the size of a pimple or cut the time I had it. The results may have started overnight, but I didn't miraculously wake up the next morning with cleared up skin. This Clinique product also tends to dry out your skin and leave it a little bit red even if you aren't allergic to the active ingredient. Whether or not the pimple is still there, you are left with scaby, flaky skin in that area. If you wear makeup, it is hard to moisturize this area enough to nicely apply foundation or powder over it. The main issue I have with Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel is the price tag. There are many drug store spot acne products out there that are much less expensive and have this same active ingredient in the same concentration. They work equally well or better.

Not that effective.

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

I got this product when I got this random pimple on my face. I wanted something that will work well and fast. My friend had recommended it so I bought it. But It did not really help. I used it for a week but it did not help my situation, It helped reduce the size, but I was expecting it to help clear my face.

• Immediacy:

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

Well one thing is for sure, this product definitely works but unfortunately only sometimes. The way this product works is not always pleasant. I noticed that when I use this product my pimple actually gets much worse before it gets much better. The healing time is fast but I can't see how this product is good for you. Once the product worked so rapidly I thought it might leave a scar because of how fast the pimple grew, popped, and then went away. However interestingly enough it worked much better on the further advanced pimples versus the ones just surfacing. If it's an emergency like a big event in the next few days I would recommend this product, but I would not recommend it for daily use or several pimples at once. Something I disliked about this product was the fact that it's extremely pricy and it does not always work.

Sometimes it was effective on the more advanced pimples and did not work on new pimples.

Extremely easy to apply!

Convenience
Pretty convenient. If it works it takes about two to three days.

Side Effects
It makes the pimple larger before it gets smaller and I have to say that did make me worried that it would leave a scar.

Life saver

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

Great gel acne spot treatment! It'll fade pimple overnight and leave no scarring it also helps prevent pimples from coming if you see sign of pimple put a little gel on it and you're good to go! It's easy to apply although might tingle a little. It's worth your money although there are cheaper effective acne spot treatments out there. But definitely worth it because it's very effective I don't recommend it for cystic acne.

• Immediacy:

Emergency Cream doesn't work fast enough!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

Clinique acne solution emergency gel works well, but slowly. It had me cleared up, looking fresh and clean in a few days. If you are looking for a quick fix, this is not it.

It works, just not as fast as many of us would like. It takes a few days and that makes most people think that they are better off waiting it out instead of purchasing a product to ease the symptoms. [swelling, redness, etc]

Ease of Application
It is super easy to use. Like most lotions/moisturizers, you just apply it in a thin coat. The product can be used once or twice a day.

Convenience
On account of its' size alone, I give this a nine. You can fit it in your purse, backpack, gym bag, or even your pocket.

Side Effects
I personally have not had any side effects using this product. I am not sure if this is normal [I hope so!!] or if I am an exception.

Immediacy
It works on its' own timeline, not ours. With that in mind, I was still a bit disappointed at the length of time that it took for my bumps/acne to clear up.

• Immediacy:

Not great but not the worst.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

This gel is okay, meaning it does its job. But, at the same time, it has awful side effects. Granted, my skin is sensitive as it is, this product made my skin dry and blotchy and red. It was painful, and no amount of lotion really helped it at all. When I stopped using the product, the side effects did go away but it took a while and it was still pretty dry for about a week afterwards. I didn't think the product was worth the money, and I would personally never buy it again.

It did get rid of my acne, but the side effects really aren't worth it.

Ease of Application
All you have to doit put it on; no rinsing or washing at all.

Convenience
It comes in small tubes, which makes it easy to carry in your purse or during traveling.

Side Effects
My side effects were awful. I didn't even finish one of the tubes because it hurt so bad after I applied it.

Immediacy
It took about a week to see any effects of my acne improving, but it only took about two weeks to see the awful side effects the product had.

Cakey and ineffective

from Cedar Falls, IA

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

Not impressed with this product. I suffer from adult ance from a thyriod condition and have tried many products. This was one I was not impressed with. It didn't so much to my pimple and it was impossible to wear under concealer because its so cakes and flaky and crumbly. I was very disappoint in the results as there were none

Messy and worhless

Cake batter

Convenience
Could only wear at night

Did nothing

Clinique Acne Solutions is a drying formula

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

I have naturally dry skin in the winter, but I also tend to breakout. I purchased this product hoping to relieve acne breakouts in a short amount of time. I liked the products quickness (about 3-5 days to clear a breakout), but around my nose, it started to get red and flaky (could be fixed with facial lotion). It did not burn or sting my face, and was easy to use before bed. Placing some on a q tip directly to the bottle and then directly on the zit kept me from contaminating the bottle. If I contaminated the bottle, I would get more breakouts. The small bottle was nice because it allowed me to stow it away in a private compartment in my purse. Have Acne Solution: Will Travel is my motto. It comforts me to know that the second I feel an acne break out come along, I can immediately run to the restroom and hope to stop the advance of the breakout. I enjoy the product overall.

Side Effects
It turned my skin a little scaly.

AMAZING!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion:

Of course, in general, I'm skeptical about all acne treatments that claim to work but this really does the trick. I don't get acne all over but occasionally get one or two zits along my hairline or on my jaw. The first time I tried this I was so impressed with how quickly it brought my zit to the surface allowing me to pop it without any scarring or having to sit for days with it just under the surface. It doesn't actually make a zit disappear but kind of brings all the crap to the surface so I can get rid of it. I will clean my face after I remove the zit and put another little dab on and by the next day my skin is virtually 90% clear again. the other thing, that while the bottle is a little pricey you need so little that it goes a looong way.