Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit

Pros

Cons

Can't be without it

I never experienced acne until my thirties so I had no idea which products on the market would work for me.  I tried everything from prescription medication, proactive, and just about all of the over the counter remedies with no success.  A friend suggested I try Clinique and a few days later, I agreed.  It was the best thing I've done.  My skin is 99% free of breakouts...in about  1 week, I noticed the difference in my skin.  I have to say that the first few days of use caused my skin to dry out; however, I countered that with Clinique moisturizer(oil free) which came as a free gift with purchase.  Since then, I only use the 3 step acne treatment and rarely have to rely on extra products for moisture.  In terms of cost, I paid something like 30 bucks to get the starter kit.  The products were the smaller versions; however, it worked out because I never ran out of everything at one time so when the need to replenish each product, I only had to purchase one at a time.  Overall, the products last me about 2 months( sometime more) as you really don't need to use a lot for it to be effective.  I find it to be less expensive than some of the other products out there and more effective.  It treats the acne and doesn't feel like it's ruining the rest of you skin in the process

I cherish good acne products for a decent prize!!!

I just recently tried the 3 step acne clinique products. However, I was not pleased with the results I started getting very oily and started breaking out a lot on my face where acne had not surfaced before. I've never had a major acne problem it was very mild only on my chin and this product just really aggravated the problem I wand up going to the dermatologist because my face was so broken out that I couldn't even touch it. So I would not recommend this product I'll stick with my neutrogena products instead it's not worth the money spent for a very poor product!!!! Try something else!!!

Not as good as other products I've used....

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

It is an okay set. It has everything in it for everyday use except for sunblock. It just wasn't as effective as other products I have used. After a while, my skin got used to it and it stopped working for me. Maybe it works better for more oily skin.

It worked decently the first few weeks for about a month and actually cleared up my skin quite a bit. But after a while, it became less and less effective.

Ease of Application
The face wash comes in a foam bottle that dispenses easily. The toner comes in a bottle that you pour from onto a cotton. And the lotion/spot treatment comes in a little squeeze bottle.

Convenience
Convenient to use. Only complaint would be that the toner separates in the bottle, and you have to shake it quite a bit to get it to mix together.

Side Effects
After a few weeks of use, the toner really started to dry out my skin. It made my skin even worse and cause peeling. I think it is over drying for me.

Immediacy
I began to see my skin start to clear up within about a week.

Best Acne System Kit

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

I've finally found the acne system that works! I was almost going to give up on over the counter remedies. I think I tried every brand you can think of. My last resort would have been to go to Dermatologist. Then I remembered Clinique had a line for acne. It worked for me! Within 2 weeks my skin was clear and I have been using it ever since.

Started to see results with in one week.

Wash, tone, moisturize!

Side Effects
None

Results in One Week

• Immediacy:

It is a reliable treatment!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

I am actually a Clinique lover, so I decided to give Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit a try; and the result was fantastic. This is an easy to use kit and you can actually see the results. I use the washing foam and the lotion 3-4 times a week to stop break outs, and it really works. It does not leave your skin dry and tight (I have combination sensitive skin); instead, leaves your skin fresh and soft. No redness and itching after using. The washing foam is such an amazing product that my husband loves it as well! It's only the toner that I don't use; nothing bad about it, just I am not a toner fan and I don't use any toner at all. But a better price was offered for buying a kit rather that buying the foaming cleanser and the daily lotion alone; so I went for the kit. I love it and would definitely buy it again, and recommend it to everyone with acne, or breakouts, even if they have sensitive skin.

Side Effects
No side effects at all.

• Immediacy:

Not what I thought it would be!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

Overall I was very disappointed with these products. I expected a lot more from clinique. I have been battling acne for the past several years and have tried just about every product out there. I have used clinique makeup since I was in high school and have always loved it. So naturally I thought I would like the acne solutions kit. I bought it and used it for several months. I saw absolutely no results at all. I thought it would at least make some difference. Like I said, I was very disappointed. Iv'e read other reviews that said it worked very well for them. So I guess it depends on your skin type and the cause of your acne. It just didn't work for me.

This system was not effective at all.

Ease of Application
The whole system was very easy to use.

Convenience
It took hardly any time at all to use the acne system. I used it every morning and night and it only took a few minutes.

Side Effects
No side effects.

Immediacy
I never saw any results at all.

My first choice!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

The Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit is definitely my first choice when it comes to acne treatment. It may be a little bit pricey for the whole kit, but it is so worth the money. The first time I used this product I knew that I was going to be hooked. It started working in just a couple of days and I noticed my skin was cleaner, less oily, and brighter after three days of everyday use. I highly recommend using the whole together though, because the astringent will dry out your skin if you don't use the lotion. I learned this first hand. I would apply the face wash in the shower, then the astringent when I got out. The lotion is the last to go on and I don't even have to use foundation when I use this trio. I also use the face wash and lotion at night without the astringent. This products lasts me about two months which isn't too bad considering I use it everyday. I had no side effects from the product and did not break out after using it. I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially people with oily skin.

I HAD cystic acne

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

If there was a rating for this saved my life I'd use it. I've tried everything- Clean and Clear, Estee Lauder, and so so so many more. At one point I had them so deep and so horrid I was just one big mess. When my brother got married my mom actually took me to a doctor who prescribed a one month course of antibiotics so that my face wouldn't scare the camera. I started working at a department store and of course I was like- you can't fix this. The girls at the cosmetics counters were game and after a year of Estee Lauder and Lancome I said - fine- I'll do clinique. My girl Lena hooked me up with the 3 set series and after about a month things were under control. I won't lie - sometimes I have a breakout if I don't eat right or if I sleep in- but I average maybe 2 a month. I just thank my lucky stars for the genetics that didn't scar me- and my clinique that keeps it from happening again!

I have no words for how well this works- just incredible

Side Effects
None. I've heard some people get dry skin- but the moisturizer really nips that in the bud.

Immediacy
from cystic acne that was so bad I was in pain every minute of every day to a couple zits a month. In about a month.

Saved My Face!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

I absolutely love this product! I have struggled with my acne since 8th grade. I used many products including: oxy, clean and clear, and even proactiv. They didn't do much for my skin. I used proactiv the longest. After my sister started using clinique I did as well. Immediately the differences were extreme! My face began clearing up so fast. I started first with just the kit. Then I began to use the acne solutions gel which improved the oily skin so much. Also, I began using the on spot gel which got rid of the under the skin pimples so much. The only thing about the on spot, is that it begins to hurt very badly if used too much. Definitely not an everyday type of product. I have a problem with the redness in my skin as well which looks like acne but actually isn't. I went and bought a serem for the redness. Honestly it was a little expensive, however it did end of being worth it. It also reduced redness on the actual pimples. I have never felt better and more comfortable walking around. It's my senior year and I finally don't have acne. It's the best feeling in the world.

It was so effective! Not even harsh on my skin, it just feels so healthy!

Ease of Application
Incredibly easy, as long as you do it as the directions say, you will be all set.

Convenience
If it was possible to just be ordered online it would be much easier than going to Macy's.

Side Effects
No side effects for myself! I have no allergies to acne solutions. However, the on spot stuff hurt my skin, it was like an itchy burning sensation.

Immediacy
Could not have worked faster! People had noticed after a few days.

• Immediacy:

Great for clearing up acne.

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

The Clinique acne solutions clear skin system kit is a really great system for acne prone skin. It comes with the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. These products are good on their own, but they work wonders when you use the whole system together. It really will help to control breakouts.

Best Skin Care System Yet

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

Started working days after I started using the product, and quickly started clearing up existing breakouts. I have really oily skin and since using this my face feels under control and not so oily, I have a natural glow now. In one month my face was totally clear. Im very impressed

TERRIBLE!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit:

Complete crap system BEWARE...I bought with optimistic views because I had tried the even better skin toner corrector for my acne scars and the product worked really well so I decided to give the 3 step a chance. The lady behind the counter did mention that it would get worse before it got better...dully noted. The first couple of days my skin started to clear up after a littler over a week though my skin was dry, flaking, and super itchy. Not only that but I went from having one to two pimples around my chin and jawline to breaking out EVERYWHERE on my face, even places I had never had a problem with. The moisturizer isn't in any way moisturizing at all...the treatment gel and toner stung and actually made my skin so tight and dry that I felt like I didn't have a drop of oil on my face period. I have sensitive combination/oily acne prone skin...this product is a terrible for sensitive skin so beware! It made my skin so much worse I don't even want to get out of the house because it honestly made my skin that MUCH worse. =[