Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion is wonderful.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion is a wonderful product. It is perfect for people with acne prone skin, and it helps reduce oil build-up after a couple of uses. You’ll still have oily skin, but it won’t be as oily. It seems to make my skin look about 70% better and that’s pretty good. I only use this stuff when my skin breaks out, but it doesn’t break out often, so I’m a very lucky gal. This product helps clear up blemishes, bumps and seems to soften skin discolorations. It doesn’t work that well on blackheads, in my opinion. It might help get rid of wrinkles a little if you have them. I have very few wrinkles, I guess I’m lucky again. No, I’m not bragging, it’s just the truth. Anyway, I like the texture of this product because a little bit goes a long way. The scent is fresh and faint, but what I smell, smells good. There aren’t any bad side effects that I can think of. I like the feel of this product against my face better than soap, and it’s definitely easy to hold because it won’t slip out of your hands. My skin feels and looks younger after a few uses. The container this comes in is a little too small for me, but it does seem to last awhile. I like the design of the container and the writing on it, as it looks expensive. Speaking of expensive… I think this stuff is expensive, but if you can find it on sale, it’s not that bad. If you buy this at a department store, and buy it when there is a “gift with purchase”, then “Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion” is more than fair.

The Clinique Acne Clarifying Lotion made my acne breakout worse

I had a really bad acne breakout a few years ago. I attribute the breakout to all the pop I drank, all the fried foods I ate, and all the other not so good things for me stuff I ate. Anyway, my mom had some of the clinique clarifying solution and a cheap acne solution. I tried the clinique clarifying solution for about a month and it only made my breakout worse. I didn't wear any makeup during the time of using the solution, and I also ate right, but like I said the breakout worsened. So I quit using the solution and started washing my face with some regular soap and the cheaper acne solution (AcneFree clear skin solution). That worked much better. My breakout cleared up within about two weeks. My face seems to work well with most cheaper stuff. Just because it is cheap doesn't mean that it is bad for your face! If you have really sensitive skin this might work for you, I'm not sure. I guess you will just have to try different stuff and figure out what's best for you. Good luck on your quest to find an acne solution that works for you.

Love this product and it works amazing

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

I experienced adult acne after having my second daughter in my mid thirties. I never had acne problems and thought it would go away once my hormones calmed down. I was mistaken, acne has become an issue for me ever since. I have tried many different products and brands, from the least expensive ones, to the most expensive ones. I have found that this product really has helped with my acne and does not dry out my face like some products have done. This product really eliminates excess oil which causes pores to clog. I use this in the morning and evening and have never experienced any irritation or redness to my face. I have seen that this product even helps with fine lines and making my face look bright and youthful. I think Clinique makes a great product and this is one of my favorites.

This really worked fast to help get my acne under control.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to use, I simply apply it to a cotton ball and apply to my face.

Side Effects
I have never had any side effects when using this.

• Immediacy:

Loved the way my skin felt after just a single use.

from West Virginia

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

The smell on this lotion wasn't too amazing but I loved the way it made my skin feel after just one use. It made my face feel fresh, clean, and a little bit energized. I'm not sure if it was just a chemical reaction, or what, but it definitely made my skin feel tingly and look a bit more awake the very first time I used it. I was quite pleased with this product, however, it did come with several other clinique products as part of a regime.

My skin was very soft after using this and felt quite energized and awake. It also looked noticeable cleaner to me. I felt like it lit my skin up and did a good job of getting rid of any hidden dirt and as well as helping even out my complexion before I applied my foundation.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use but it does have a harsh chemical-like smell so be careful when getting around your eyes.

Convenience
It is easy to use but you do need to have cotton pads to be able to apply this to your face. It also is hard on the eyes and nose albeit effective so be careful.

Side Effects
Great product. It did leave my skin feeling tingly and awake and energized but it may have been a temporary side affect. My cheeks and face were a little pink for a moment or two but afterwards my complexion appeared cleaner and more even.

Immediacy
Definitely noticed my skin tone seemed evened out and I could feel how much more clean my face was. It left me feeling tingly which made me feel energized and awake and actually a bit happier with my overall complexion.

• Immediacy:

Clinique works good but is a little pricey for me.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion works well at clearing up acne around my chin area. I have normal to dry skin and this product doesn't make my skin oily or dry. It does a nice job of removing anything I may have missed during washing. I love to try different beauty and personal care items. This is an ok product but not my favorite. Not really worth the price for me personally.

This clarifying lotion did a good job of removing excess oil and grime from my pores. It did help with my acne while leaving my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.

Convenience
I have to use other products to combat some of my other skin issues. So even though I saw some results other multi-tasking products did a better job.

Side Effects
I did not notice any negative side effects with this product. I did not get overly dry patches like some acne medications give me. My skin wasn't oily or greasy from using this product either.

Best acne product

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

It is the only product that has cleaned my face from acne so well. It dryies the acne very fast. You can see a difference within a few uses. Yes there is a small side effect if you have dry skin because it dryes the skin in order to dry the acne so for people with dry skin it might cause some irritation. If you have oily skin this actually helps reduce the oil because it dries the skin overall. I have been using this product for over two years and my skin has never been so clean. Yes you will still have one or two blackheads from time to time but they will dry out within a few days.this product also does not have a smell so it is good for people who are allergic to certain smells. This product is great for all ages, my sister who is in her late twenties uses it as well. I would recommend this product to anyone who is having acne problems! I started using it when I was 16 and now I'm 18 and have no acne problems!

• Immediacy:

Good for really oily skin.

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

I purchased this in a set along with the clinique gentle foam face wash and spot treatment. I used this lotion for about 2 months during this past summer. At first, I was happy with it. I was able to easily pour some on a cotton swab and wipe down my face. After wiping, dirt and oils were able to be visibly seen on the cotton. It seemed to really work and prevent my acne. But, recently I have stopped using this product. It seems to dry out my skin too much. During these fall and winter months, my skin has been especially dry, and this has made it even worse. It dried out my skin. It also made my skin feel like it was stinging. I used half of the bottle, but will not use any more until maybe the summer months when my skin is more oily. My skin isn't completely oily. It is a combo of oily and dry. So, it really dried out my cheeks. So maybe wiping it on only my nose and forehead would have been better. So I recommend it to people with really oily skin, or just to use it for really oily patches when it gets bad. For me, it is too drying for daily use.

Amazing product!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

My freshman year of college I broke out really badly, my mom uses Clinique so she suggested that. I tried it and my face cleared up completely in the next two weeks! Love it. Now I do not use anything but Clinique's Clarifying Lotion.

Worked in two weeks for me!

Ease of Application
All I do is pour a little on a face wipe and clean my face after I clean with Clinique face wash.

Convenience
Very convenient! Can put it in my make up bag and go.

Side Effects
I experienced no side effects!

Worked immediately!

Not impressed

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

Was not very impressed with this product. After using for a week and a half, i found it to be causing more breakouts than i have ever had before. Ive never had problem acne but have always used a cleanser and clarifying solution to avoid it. I thought it was a little over priced for the results. I have tried clinique products in the past and have never had a problem so not knocking the brand just didnt care for this particular product. I would not recommend this product to anyone myself, but everyone's skin type is different. In my opinion i would definately try something else or maybe just try it on a small spot on the skin to assure it doesnt cause further skin problems or irritations. It does however come in an easy to use bottle with easy dispensing. Its small so could be easily stored in any compact carrying case. The fragrance is more of a medicine type smell which may not be a problem for some but myself do not like.

My thoughts

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

I used this product for nearly 2 years. It was great for drying my skin to keep a majority the acne lesions from surfacing. However, I ended up with extremely dry skin in some areas, leading to small fine lines and wrinkles. My dermatologist suggested these produces are for teenagers. She said older skin would get to dry and I have discontinued using this product.

I ended up having far less breakouts. For ending breakouts, it was a good product.

Ease of Application
I used cotton balls to apply the product.

Convenience
I ended up having to buy both a large bottle and travel sizes. The large bottle is not good for traveling. Sometimes Clinique gives the travel sizes as bonuses at purchase. The travel size products are reasonably priced and better for airline travel.

Side Effects
I ended up with dry patches at my chin and forehead.

Immediacy
It took nearly a year for me to see the most results. This product is not a quick fix for acne. I do recommend it for women under 20, but not for middle age or older women.

Great for acne.

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

The Clinique acne solutions clarifying lotion is really great for treating acne prone skin. It really helps to control the amount of oil that can build up on your face through out the day or night. It helps get rid of acne and it does not dry out your skin. I recommend this product.

Don't like it

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:

I do not like this product. This is proof that just because something is expensive, doesn't mean that it works well. I used this hoping that it would get rid of some of the acne on my face. I used a cotton pad and put it on my face after I washed my face. It smelled good but totally dried out my face. A few hours later, it made my face very greasy, greasier than it normally would be. I'm guessing that because it sucked out all the oil out of my face, that my face reacted to that and produced double the amount of oil that it usually does. This was not cool and all that oil eventually made me break out like crazy. I had enormous pimples on my chin a few days after that. They had large amounts of pus in them and it was just disgusting. I would not waste my money on this product because it made my skin feel and look terrible. I would not recommend this for anyone because it's such a bad product.