Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Clinique 7 Day Scrub

Clinique 7 Day Scrub

Pros

Cons

Clinique has done it again!

Add this to your daily face cleansing routine and you will be very pleased with the feeling and results.  I love the fact that it is scentless but the best thing about this product is the microfine dermabrasion feel that I get each and every time I use it.  It feels great on my skin and always leaves it feeling clean and youthful.  I tend to use it for no more than 5 days then give my face a rest for a couple of days then return to it's use again as to not overstrip or dry out my face.

Because it is so concentrated, it goes far with the price.  I use it with my Clinique cleanser on my Neutrogena Wave powered devise for an exceptional clean.  It rinses well and leaves my skin fresh feeling.  I always follow up with Strivectin then my Clinique moisturizer.  I can't recommend this product enough.  It's a must have to cleaning.

Sandy

7 Day Scrub - just buy sandpaper - it's less expensive

Clinique 7 Day Scrub. Ugh. Way too gritty for my skin - yes it exfoliates somne, but fine sandpaper would do the same thing this stuff does, but for less money. I was very disappointed - I tend to think "gentle" when I think of Clinique (and I use quite a few of their products), and this isn't gentle at all. Well, the cream part is, and it is fragrance-free, but the tiny gritty pieces are awful. It feels as if my skin is being shredded. There are other exfoliators out there that work as good, if not better, and have little to no grit at all (YSL's Gommage - LOVE or Cargo's Blu-Ray High Definition Polishing Cloths). You have to be really careful rinsing too - those little gritty things really hurt if they get in your eyes - and no matter how careful I am when using this, I still manage to get a couple of tiny pieces in my eye. I don't think it performs all that well either - my skin isn't as glowy as it is when I use my other, preferred products. Instead, it looks irritated and dull, all at the same time. Which would be impressive if it weren't so undesired!

Save your money. Try Gommage - yes it is expensive, but a little goes a loooooooong way, and the tube will last you quite a long time - 6 - 12 months depending on how often you use it and how much you use.

Gentle Face Scrub

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

I use the Clinique 7 Day Scrub a few days a week before using the facial wash. It is a gentle scrub that helps exfoliate the skin. This is the most gentle scrub I have used. The scrubbing particles do not scratch your facial skin but do help remove the imperfections. You only need to use a small amount so the tube lasts for a long time making is a great value. It is recommended that you rinse your skin well before washing if using a machine like a Clarsonic. The only thing that was strange the first time I used it was it was creamy like lotion and did not foam up. I read about it and that is how it is supposed to be and I am now used to it not being foamy.

Ease of Application
easy to use and only a small amount needed

unscented

• Ease of Application:

Love this!

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

I'll be honest, I never have figured out whether the 7 stood for: seven days a week or once every seven days. I did not ask the consultant and the directions do not say either. However, I use this once a week and have found it to be very effective at exfoliating my skin. I like how it has enough gritty material to give skin a good, thorough scrub, but not so much where your face is in pain. I have tried several similar products and they were so abrasive that my skin hurt for hours later. This Clinique 7 Day scrub does the job without the pain and it does not dry out the skin, either. I skipped it a few weeks back because I was short on time. Several days later I was noticing how dry my skin looked and how poorly my foundation was covering. It was uneven and really aged me. Used this product and the next morning my makeup routine went smoother. My skin looked instantly better after use, too. I love that it is instantaneous results. The scent is very mild; it isn't "soapy" or floral.

• Ease of Application:

clinique 7 day scrub good if you can find

from North Charleston, SC

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

this is my review of what i think of the clinique 7 day scrub wich is a very hard item to find.and it is a department store item so yes it will be on the expensive side.It must be a very very popular item because most stores seem to always be out of the scrub.Clinque 7 day scrub is supposed to get rid of the roughness and flakiness. directions are plane and simple you gentle massage over face and then wash off with water or take a tissue and wipe it off.I think if you take a napkin to wipe off it will be to harsh for your skin.ok so i tried it and it wasnt to harsh for my skin and didn't burn my skin did feel a little smoother.this scrub is AMAZING but pricey. i like the way my skins feels after i use this scrub.what works for me might not work for others so see if you can get a sample first. also when you use this your skin cant have makeup on it and must be clean!

Clinique 7 Day Scrub is effective!

from Essex Junction, VT

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

I am a huge fan of Clinique's skin care products and this has been a great addition to my skin care regimine! Resently I received one of the Clinique 7 Day Scrubs in a trial size. I of course was very excited to try another one of their products. I tend to have very dry skin and I loved that this product is a great exfoliator! It is a "scrub cream" so I find it to be help two fold with the driness, in both exfoliating and in hydrating. I also find that a little really goes a long way, so I am getting more then "7 days" from it:) I also like the texture of the cream, it's nice and thick, and the exfoliators are very fine, making it quite gentle to the skin. It goes on easily, but it also rinses off easily, leaving no residue behinds. It's fragrance free for those who find that important. I am defenantly pleased yet again with another Clinique product. I defenantly will purchase this in the future!

Scrubs you clean!

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

This scrub is a staple in all of Clinique's bonus gifts. As such, I have used it many times and, when I found myself out of all of the little sample bottles, I bought a "real" bottle of the 7 Day Scrub because it has become a part of my daily facial cleansing routing. I've used exfoliants that don't have little particles to scrub away dead skin and I always felt like it wasn't doing the same job as an exfoliant like this one. Maybe it's psychological, but my skin always feels better and more smooth after using this scrub. Also, you really feel like you're getting a deep clean with this. I'm not one to buy expensive facial cleaning products, but because I'm a sucker for a free gift and used this product for so long, I'm sold!

Just Awesome!

from Belleville, IL

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

I don't know how long exactly I have used this. Seems like sometime back in the 80's. I remember getting a small one in a gift with purchase, loving it and going back and buying my first tube.

I use other skin care for the most part, but, Clinique's 7 Day Scrub is something I always go back to. I use it every morning in the shower. The gentle exfoliation is wonderful. It leaves my skin soft and glowing. Did I mention soft? Cause my skin is so soft. I have tried other daily scrubs but they just don't compare. The 7 Day Scrub has round gentle beads and the cream it is based in is just great.

I am often told I have good skin and look younger than I am. One of the things I credit is regular exfoliation - with Clinique's 7 Day Scrub! I use it daily now, I used it once or twice a week when I was younger. My teen uses it a couple times a week now and her skin is beautiful. I would recommend this highly. It is one of my holy grail products and one I keep a stash of. After all this time, I still fear they will quit making it.

7 Day Scrub is a great exfoliant!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

I have very sensitive skin but I understand the importance of sloughing off dead skin cells regularly. This product does just that and is gentle enough to use daily. The exfoliating beads are small round and regular which is really important in its gentleness. Some other brands may use natural fibers as exfoliants which just cannot be processed to be round causing them to scratch and tear your skin on a microscopic level. This product does not do that! It gently massages the dead skin cells off your face and they just rinse away leaving healthy happy skin. It is an easy product to use and I think it's a great wash to use right before bed as it really helps to clear out the day's makeup from your pores. It did not bother my skin at all and it really helps my skin retain a healthy softness. Be careful not to scrub too hard or too long with an exfoliant though; any product can do damage if you are too aggressive. Let the beads do the work for you and enjoy the softness left behind.

7 Day Scrub is just "ok"

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

The Clinique 7 day scrub was just ok for me.  I got a sample in one of the "free gifts" when I bought some other make-up products at the Clinique counter.  I was actually kind of excited to try it because I needed a new every day exfoliator.  When I first tried it, it seemed great.  It was lightweight, but had some "grittiness" to it to help exfoliate all those dead skin cells! However, after rinsing it off, I felt like i could never fully get my face clean because the scrub left behind a "greasy" feeling on my skin. I felt like my face was really oily and ended washing it again with soap and water.  Kind of defeats the purpose if I have to rewash my face.  Like I said, I liked how it exfoliated, but if I have to re-wash or re-rinse my face, I do not think this product is for me.  I do believe Clinique has some better products out there, or I would even try cheaper products at a drug store.

Clinique 7 Day Scrub is a nice gentle exfoliation.

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula is a gentle skin polisher that smoothes and refines skin.This exfoliating scrub gently exfoliates dead skin and left-over makeup off the skin. There was no irritation nor too-rough feel as I used this scrub. It was a nice addition and break from using my regular cleanser. This scrub made me feel like I was getting a deeper clean without being to rough on my facial skin as many facial scrubs have a tendency to do.

As with all Clinique products, it is 100% fragrance free and allergy tested. It has a really nice, creamy feel to it, the 'grit' is not overwhelming, and it rinses off fairly easily.

I have fair to medium skin tone. Combination type. I wouldn't say I have overly sensitive skin, but I do break out in tiny red marks when my skin is irritated; I was blotch free after using this scrub, so I feel it would be okay to use on sensitive skin.

Deflakes, easy to use, rinses well, non-irritating

from Ashland, KY

Comments about Clinique 7 Day Scrub:

I have loved Clinique's 7 Day Scrub for about ten years or so. I love to exfoliate to keep my skin smooth and make moisturizes and other treatments work better and seem to go a lot further, but have always had trouble finding exfoliating products, scrubs and otherwise, that get the job done without irriating my delicate skin. This product does the trick. When I use it regularly, probably two to three times per week, honestly sometimes even just once a week, my skin stays smooth rather than having that smoothing, baby soft effect only immediately after. It has never left my skin raw, never irritated it in any way. The little beads or whatever it is in it that you can feel exfoliating never scratch as can happen with these kind of products and it does not need the extra help of a washcloth to get the job done. It also rinses away cleanly and easily whereas many exfoliating scrubs have a tendency to have the granuales stick to the skin and especially to eye lashes it seems, allowing them to get in my eyes. No issue with that here. My pores appear smaller and the ones that I notice seem far less clogged and I actually have fewer breakouts when I stick with this. As with many Clinique products I have no complaints with the products themselves, but simply with the cost.