Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash

Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash

Pros

Cons

A good cleanser for those occasional breakouts.

I thought that once I got past adolescence I would also be past the stage of getting acne. Not true. While I have never had a serious acne problem, I still get occasional hormonal breakouts even now in my 40's. When I start to see the blemishes, I switch my cleanser to this one. It seems to work well, I notice the blemishes starting to dry within 1 day after use.

I can see the blemishes start to dry and clear up within one day of use. I guess it is important to note that I also use this in combination with other Clearasil products containing benzyl peroxide as a spot treatment for the larger acne breakouts but for just a few small blemishes I use this on it's own. It seems to work fine in those cases. My skin does feel dry after use to I highly recommended applying a good facial moisturizer to prevent flaking.

Ease of Application
It is a cream that you rub into your skin and wash off. It seems to rinse off pretty well.

It does have a mild fragrance which I really cannot say is pleasant or unpleasant. It is just there. I would prefer a cleanser made for treating skin irritations to be clear of fragrances but it is a pretty mild fragrance.

We've hit a dry patch in our relationship.

**This product in a nutshell: **is an extremely harsh anti-acne cleanser.  While I feel Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash is somewhat beneficial in the treatment of acne, I was turned of by random patches of dryness and red splotches on my face.

While at a discount drug store shopping for my all-time fave face wash (see my review for Clean & Clear Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin), I was bummed to find out that they did not have it in stock.  Usually, cleansers for sensitive skin tend not to remove enough oil and grime for my liking, so I decided to try something more potent.

Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash comes in a 200 mL tube and contains 2% salicylic acid for the treatment of acne.  When I washed my face with this for the first time, I was caught off guard by the pungent smell and cold, frothy sensation.  It feels very cold on the skin and I am still not sure if I enjoy that or not.  The instructions on the packaging state that you should avoid using the product near the eyes, however, i did and I found that it nicely removes make-up.  When I finished washing my face, I patted it dry with a clean towel and was really turned off by what I saw.  My cheeks and nose were BRIGHT red.  I looked like I was getting ready for a Christmas play as Rudolph!.  The redness was brought down when I followed with my fave soothing moisturizer, but I still experienced redness and even some flakiness on the tender skin around my nose and mouth.  I did not experience any acne breakouts while using Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash.  Though I feel the cleanser cleaned my skin well, it is far too abrasive and caused inflammation and dryness.

**I give this product 2/5 stars: **due to its overall harshness.  I would only recommend this face wash for those with the most oiliest of complexions.

I only use it once a week or so.

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

The one I actually use is the Ultra Acne +Marks Wash and Mask. Probably the same thing listed here, being as how companies tend to change their packaging and names over and over. See it every day in the job I have, and it's the same thing but with more words added. I only use it once a week or so as a mask because otherwise it would seriously dry my face out. But I love that it's thick enough to be used as a mask, and I like that it feels like it's working the second it touches my face. Afterwards, my skin feels a little tight but squeaky clean.

Tingly, warm sensation lets me know it's doing it's job and afterwards my skin feels clean and smooth.

Ease of Application
It is thick, but not so thick that it doesn't spread well. Perfect thickness.

Convenience
It takes a little to get it off. I can't just splash water on my face to get it off, otherwise I would be wasting a lot of time and water. To get it off quicker, I have to use a wash cloth and every couple of swipes, I have to rinse out the wash cloth.

Side Effects
It will dry your skin out in a hurry if you use it every day.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Dries our my skin

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

My friend suggested trying Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash after I told her about my frequent breakouts. I really liked how quickly this face wash cleared up my skin. I literally went form having a fairly bad breakout to almost completely clear skin within a week of when I started using this product. I was very happy with the results. Once of the most noticeable things about this product though was how much it dried out my skin. I have combination skin. I found that this face wash made my t-zone much less oily but it really dried it out as well. I found that my cheeks were extremely dry and actually hurt when the wind hit them or when I went outside in the cold weather. Overall, I liked how this face wash cleared up my skin but I did not like how much it dried out my skin. I eventually discontinued using this product because of how dry my skin became after using it for a couple of weeks.

A bit too drying!

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

I used to use a lot of Clean and Clear products and I even used this particular product: Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash. I liked how it had a little bit of salicylic acid in it to help combat my acne problems. The brand also claims to be dermatologist recommended so I trusted that it would hopefully work for my problem skin. The label on the product even states that it will clear your skin in 3 days. I waited over a week and I did not see a change in my skin. I even saw new breakouts appear which did not please me at all. Other than the fact that it did not do as stated and treat the problems that I expected it to the consistency was very thin and runny. It would be easy to use a lot more of this product than expected simply because it is very runny and you are not really sure whether you have covered your face or not. I was overall disappointed with this product and ended up returning it back where I bought it from for a full refund.

Did not help to improve my skin condition.

Ease of Application
Not easy to use and very runny.

The scent was nice.

No great results

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

I tried the Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash trying to get rid of a severe bout of acne I had. I was already using a better product that worked for me, but after using it for so long it just did not have the same effect any more. So when I tried this I expected it to help clear up my acne, but it did not. It just really did not do much for my skin at all. I used the whole bottle because I know sometimes it can just take at least a month to show great results. My skin improved a little, but not enough to keep using the product after the bottle I bought was gone. It worked okay as a surface cleaner, but it just did not give the deep cleaning that other cleansers do. It also sometimes made my face burn a little if I used more than just a dot which I feel was a disadvantage because I felt like I needed more to get the better clean. Overall this product was not bad, it just did not fit my needs as I wanted because I was looking for a more deep cleaning action.

Scent was okay.

Nice cleanser to aid in keeping skin acne free

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

I love to try beauty and personal care products. I'm always on the lookout for something special. This didn't particularly stand out but it seemed to do a nice job of reducing my clogged pores. It contains 2% salicylic acid as its active ingredient. This is what a lot of acne cleansers contain. Salicylic acid is good for removing dead skin cells and cell turnover. This aids in keeping pores open and clean. It didn't really irritate my skin but I can't use it everyday or I start to get dry patches. I always moisturize after cleansing anyway but two much use dries out my skin. Clearasil is a well known and trusted brand. They have budget friendly skin care products. You can often find coupons to keep the cost even lower.

This is a creamy face wash that cleans well and rinses off well. It doesn't leave any residues and makes skin feel fresh.

This smells ok but I wish it smelled better. I like things that smell really awesome.

A good cleanser for those occasional breakouts.

Ease of Application

Very disappointed, would not recommend!

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

I am very disappointed in this product. I have been suffering from acne for years so it's important for me to find a product that works. I have been through product after product, from everything you can find in a store, to home remedies, even injections and nothing has helped. I have heard amazing reviews about this product so after purchasing it, I was confident and thought I had found something that would finally work. Boy was I wrong! After washing it off my face, it left my skin feeling clean and soft but after only a few days of using, my acne was worse than it's been in years! This product left my nose covered in black head and bump, it gave me horrible, deep, painful cystic acne and left me with countless whiteheads and blackheads all over my face, even in places i've never broken out before! 2 months after discontinuing use, my acne is still horrible, i'm still trying to get rid of what Clearasil left me with. I would never recommend this product to even my worse of enemies!

This is supposed to get rid of and prevent acne, NOT make the problem 10 times worse!

This product smelled like something you should never put on your skin. It smelled old, chemically and toxic.

Love it!

from TN

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash is a must have for me. I have been using this face wash for as long as I can remember and I always get great results. I keep a bottle of this face wash on my sink and in my shower. I use it every single time I shower and then before I go to bed at night. I use it more often during the summertime because after being outside in the summer sun my skin becomes oily and I need a quick wash. I have always had oily skin and had a hard time finding a product that helped keep away breakouts and a product that did not dry out my skin too bad. With this Clearasil face wash I got both of those things. My face is so much more clear and it does not dry it out. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a face wash that keeps skin clear and clean.

This face wash works perfectly for my skin. I have oily skin that will get breakouts really easily but this face wash definitely keeps the breakouts under control.

Ease of Application
Like many face washes this is very simple to use. You just use this with water and apply to face.

I'm definitely not a huge fan of the scent of this face wash but it is definitely not a deal breaker.

Oil remover

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

I received a sample of Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash a short while ago and it left a pretty good impression on me. It isn't my usual daily face cleaning product but since I had received a sample I figured I'd try it. I noticed that it had an overall pleasant smell. On top of that, the lather was very good but I wouldn't say lush at all. It was easy to use and easy to notice it's effects. It exfoliates the skin but also gives it a deep clean that you can feel. It also easily removed the dirt, oil and even makeup from my face with ease. It left my skin feeling not too dry or oily but very nicely balanced and entirely refreshed. Overall, I would say that it is a really good product and it seems to deliver exactly what it's advertisements claim. I would suggest this for acne effected skin or oily skin but, it could also come in handy for women who wear makeup as well.I will likely use it again at some point.

Dried up my acne but also dried out my skin.

from West Virginia

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash:

I love clearasils ultra spot treatment so I figured I would love their daily facewash but it just wasn't for me. I think it's more designed for individuals with very oily skin. After the first use I felt a little tight and dry and after the second day it was even worse. I used it for almost a week before I noticed that not only was my acne drying up and flaking, but so was my sensitive face skin. Around my lips and on my cheeks were just too dry. My T-zone seemed to be alright, maybe just slightly more dry than usually, but the sensitive areas around my cheeks, under my lids, and around my lips were all so dry they were flaky.

I figured I'd keep this on hand to use on the occasion when I was extra oily, such as after a workout or in the summer time but it was just too drying for me. My guy who is pretty oily even felt kind of dry after several uses.

I was really disappointed that it overdried my skin. I love their spot treatments and this facewash actually has a decent smell. It also has a really good lather and the awesome, upside down bottle design that I love. It's bottle looks like it could be for a man or a woman so it's great for both but unfortunately I think it may be more for oily individuals. It did a good job drying my acne though.

It didn't help blackheads, it only dried the skin out over top of them.

I give this a 9 for being effective but for me it wasn't in a good way. It dried up my acne but it dried out my skin. That was just my experience though. Perhaps the ULTRA part is too strong for me.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use. Takes a minute to get a lather going because it's so creamy.

The scent isn't a perfume scent designed to be pleasant, it's more of a soap, medicine type scent. It isn't unpleasant at all and is okay to smell but it just doesn't pop as invigorating.