3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Got a zit? Eliminate it with Clearasil Daily Face Wash

Although my facial skin tends to be more on the dry end of the epidermal spectrum rather than oily, sometimes emotional extremes trigger a "Back to the Future" return to an almost adolescent level of oily skin and clogged pores, which in turn causes unwelcome, unsightly, and unbearable acne breakouts.

A case in point: several years ago, when a long-distance relationship was crumbling all around me and I was having some financial difficulties, I woke up one morning with a huge red zit on the tip of my nose. Not only did it hurt intensely, but that red pimple made me look as if I had pasted on a miniature clown's schnozzola on my otherwise nice-looking nose. I washed my face almost like a man possessed, but even my Nivea products couldn't tackle it. (They could, however, prevent other zits from appearing, but that's another story.) Fortunately, I live within walking distance of various supermarkets and pharmacies, so I strolled over to Winn-Dixie and bought a bottle of Clearasil StayClear Deep Clean Astringent and a 6.5 oz. tube of Clearasil Daily Face Wash, which had been the winning combination that trounced my acne during my college years. Based on my earlier bouts of zits, I had to suspend use of my beloved Nivea® For Men products for about three days, because although Clearasil Daily Face Wash is less harsh on my skin than earlier Clearasil products, it still doesn't smell as nice as Nivea's skin care line, and I am a stickler for following directions, especially when it comes to health products. So, reluctantly but even more determined not to look like a bad Bozo the Clown imitator, I washed my face -- especially my nose -- with Clearasil Daily Face Wash as per instructions. While it didn't feel harsh on my skin, its mediciny scent -- faint but still there -- was a bit off-putting. Nevertheless, I used twice a day...in my morning shower and before going to bed. **My Viewpoint: **On the plus side, Clearasil Daily Face Wash is very effective. It lathers nicely and feels smooth on my skin; the scent isn't very pleasant but otherwise it treats my face better than ordinary soaps. It also --if used in conjunction with Clearasil StayClear Deep Clean Astringent, works fast to clean clogged pores and eliminate the dirt and oil that causes pimples. As early as the first night of using the soap-and-astringent combination, the zit no longer seemed to throb or grow in size; it actually faded from red to almost flesh color. The next day, the zit was still there but it didn't hurt at all and had shrunk in size. By day three it had been practically worn away, eroded to almost nothingness by the combined effects of the Face Wash and the Deep Clean Astringent. Finally, its aloe content moisturized my skin, leaving it feeling smooth and clean. The only minus -- other than the fact that I'd had to use it at all -- is the faint mediciny scent of the face wash. It's not as heavy or unpleasant as, say, other Clearasil-brand soaps or acne treatments, but having become fond of Nivea® For Men skin care products and their masculine-but-pleasant fragrances, I'd have to say I don't really look forward to using Clearasil Daily Face Wash unless it was absolutely necessary. **Product Information** *Oil Free 100+ Uses Medicated Antibacterial Foaming Wash Clears Away Dirt and Oil Without Overdrying Daily use is the first step to clear skin. The medicated antibacterial formula foams away dirt and oil better than soap - leaves skin feeling fresh. Safety Information Do not use on infants under 6 months of age. Ingredients Triclosan 0.3% | Water | Glycerin | Potassium Myristate | Potassium Stearate | Potassium Palmitate | Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate | Myristic Acid | Stearic Acid | Polyquaternium-10| Pentasodium Pentetate | Tetrasodium Etidronate | Aloe Barbadensis Gel | Fragrance Directions Wet face. Squeeze a small amount (1.75 grams, or about the size of a dime) into palm of hand. Add water and work into rich foamy lather. Gently massage lather onto face with fingertips for approximately 30 seconds, adding more water if necessary. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. *

Good for an already Make-up free face.

**I use my regular Face Wash twice a day on my normal skin. My first impression of the Clearasil StayClear Face Wash was the scent, which I liked very much and I looked forward to trying it out.**

**It lathered up very nicely and left my facial skin feeling soft after just one use, which really awed me.  Other products usually take at least a week of use for such effect.**

**The only downside was, that, compared to my regular Face wash (Lancome Crème Radiance), it did not remove make-up very well. I use waterproof mascara on a daily basis and it really seemed to struggle with it. **

**I would recommend Clearasil Dailyclear as a morning Face Wash or for days for when you don't use make-up.**

** **

gentle enough to use everyday

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

I breakout sometimes and when I do I try my best to get rid of it. My face is normally oily which makes acne come. I had a coupon for any Clearasil product so I tried this Clearasil stay clear daily face wash. It deep cleaned my face making it feel really soft and clean. It removed all of my makeup and oils from my face. Its gentle enough to use everyday, it doesn't dry out my face or make it feel greasy. I love the texture if this face wash its very thick and creamy and it lathers very well. My face stays feeling smooth and it prevents future breakouts from coming. My face has cleared up a lot using this face wash. I would definitely buy this face wash again. Its great for sensitive skin because of how delicate it is. I recommend this to anybody with any face type its mild and it works. It doesn't have anything harsh in it. I noticed that my breakouts go away faster when I use this face wash. I'll wash my my face at night and by morning my acne has minimized.

perfect for daily use

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

I use this product every day since 8 months ago. It removes all of my make up and I use waterproof mascara. It does reduce my blemishes and my skin feels smooth and clear. I love it so much I told my sister about it and now she loves and uses it too. I don't have small little pimples from working out anymore. I also used it on my back for small pimples and all gone. Try this product its so affordable it lasts and it actually does work.

Not effective for acne.

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

This was one of the first products I tried for acne. Since then I have tried a multitude of others, but I think this one was the the one that was least effective. I used every morning and night, but my face still got really oily and didn't really feel my skin get clean. It might be good for everyday use on normal skin, but it didn't keep my skin clear of acne. It didn't work very quickly at all. It took about a week for me to see even the tiniest bit of improvement. I had to use face blotters, etc. throughout the day. My skin is a little oily, but not a lot, so I thought this would work better. Clearasil leaves a slightly sticky residue that I find really annoying and hard to wash off. On the upside it is quick and easy to use. It won't take long to apply and wash off, so it is quick enought to use in the morning and night. Overall this is not a great product to keep skin clean unless your skin is naturally dry and clean.

• Immediacy:

A simple face wash that you can use daily!

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

I have been using Clearasil Daily Face Wash for twenty years now. Yes, twenty! This product has gotten me through the teen years to the mommy years. It is an affordable product that quickly cleans without harsh chemicals. It leaves my face feeling clean, fresh and young. I look forward to washing my face each night with the gentle, soap smelling wash that I have been accustomed to.

Ease of Application
I have always used this product straight from the tube, which is great when it is full. However, as it gets toward the end, it is difficult to squeeze out. I'd love to see it in a pump form as it would make application easier for me.

Convenience
I love that you can find this product anywhere! Even when I am traveling, I know I can walk up the street to a nearby grocery store or pharmacy and find it.

Side Effects
I have attempted to use several other products in the past, but have experienced some sort of side effect with each. Due to much frustration over spending money on other face washes and experiencing negative effects, I have chosen to stick with Clearasil.

Best Face Wash For Oil Prone Skin

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

I swear by this product. I have tried every kind of product hoping to have it improve my acne and control my oil with minimal results. This face wash does a wonderful job at controlling my oil, and my acne is kept under control. It has a nice scent and lathers very nicely. After each use, I can feel that it has removed all the dirt and grime from the day. I always feel like my skin could not be any cleaner and it is perfectly smooth. It also does not dry out my skin like most other washes do. I can safely use this face wash two times a day and do not have to worry about any drying.

It removes all the dirt and oil and leaves my skin feeling clean. It also controls my ace and amount of oil that builds up throughout the day and at night,

Ease of Application
It goes on easily just like every other cream based facewash

Convenience
Great to use up to two times a day.

Side Effects
No noted side effects including no drying

Immediacy
My skin instantly feels clean and cleared up

• Immediacy:

Not my favorite clearasil product.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

A little history on my skin:

Information about this product: Clearasil Stay Clear Daily Face Wash has salicylic acid (2%).

Review: I swear by Clearasil but this isn't my favorite Clearasil wash. I actually don't like this one too much. I usually prefer the ultra rapid action 12 hour face wash and acne products. The Clearasil Stay Clear Daily face wash doesn't work as fast, and doesn't leave my face feeling as clean. I feel like this product feels more like a Cetaphil face wash and leaves me with a weird silky feeling residue. This would be great for people who already have decently clear skin, or have extremely sensitive skin. I felt like it actually took weeks for me to notice a difference, even then I still had pimples everywhere. It also left my skin feeling oily to the touch. My pimples took a long time to shrink and I didn't notice much of a different in my skin/pores. My skin was still red, and my skin tone wasn't any brighter. I was still getting a noticeable amount of pimples. I finished up the bottle only because I didn't want to waste it. But I will be sticking to the 12 hour formula. I do not recommend this one. I do recommend the Clearasil ultra 12 hour gel wash.

This didn't work fast like the 12 hour formula does. It took a long time to work, and when it did work I didn't get noticeable results. It didn't really get rid of much of my acne.

Ease of Application
It's easy to use. I wet my hands, apply a dime size amount to my hands, and rub it into my skin. Then wash off.

Convenience
It's easy to use, takes seconds. Also it's easy to find, you can get this at any drugstore, grocery store, walmart, or target.

Side Effects
I didn't have any side effect.

Immediacy
This didn't work well at all. It took weeks and months for me to notice anything. And when I did notice a change it wasn't anything big.

Good for everyday use

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

I found this to be a decent daily face wash but I didn't find it to be helpful with breakouts. It lasts a really long time though seeing as you don't need to use much per application.

It cleans your face but I didn't find it to be helpful with acne

Ease of Application
It's super easy. Just rub it between your finger and it foams up so you can apply it to your face.

Convenience
It's convenient in that you can use it everyday but it's too large to travel with as a carry on item, so that takes away from the convenience a bit.

Side Effects
I didn't have any side effects from this product. I find a lot of foaming face washes to dry my skin out but this one doesn't seem to.

Immediacy
This is definitely more of a slow working product. I feel like it used to even say on the packaging that it took three weeks for acne to start to reduce. If you have more significant acne then you might need something a little harsher with a higher amount of salicylic acid.

Not that Effective on Acne, but a Great Cleanser

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

This product isn't that effective on acne, but works great for an oil-free cleanser. The name is a little misleading because it doesn't help clear acne, it just helps to prevent it if used once or twice daily, every day. Someones money would be better off buying another product, if there main concern is acne. I gave this product to my preteen sister after I found out it wasn't working that well for me. My sister, being 12, was terrified to use actual medicated acne products, so she loved it. The only people I would recommend to use Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash is preteens and maybe older adults just wanting a good cleanser, but nothing too harsh. This product definitely is not good for teenagers and younger people with acne-prone or oily skin.

Every Morning and Night

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

Acne care systems are usually the most successful because of one thing: their routines. A lot of people buy into the three-step acne systems because it's easy to remember. What many people don't know is that if they find the right set of products and use them everyday in the same way, they could seriously help their acne AND it doesn't cost nearly as much! This, my friends, is one of those three products. It's at a great price, it's really effective, and you can even feel it working on your skin. Nothing instills confidence in a product more than when you can feel it getting in your pores! Wash your face with this morning and night before following it with a moisturizer and I promise your acne will improve exponentially.

Immediacy
Obviously your acne isn't going to disappear right away. If you consistently use this product and follow it with a moisturizer, your skin will look better very quickly.

• Immediacy:

This is a pretty decent product.

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash:

This face wash is mildly effective. Clearasil has some good products for getting rid of acne, but this one is not entirely necessary. The acne treatment is good for when you have acne and this product is for preventing new acne. After using this face wash, I rarely get acne anymore. Although on occasion I still get some acne even though I use this daily. The worst part about this remembering to do this everyday.

This is a fairly effective product. It is pretty good at stopping acne, but it does get most of it.

Ease of Application
It is a very easy product to apply. Just add water and rub it on your face.

Convenience
It takes time out of your day to do this. If you can make it a part of your routine than it is easy to remember, but until then you will struggle getting used to it.

Side Effects
There are no side effects. Your may be a little dry, but at least it won't be oily.

Immediacy
This wash is only preventative so it won't fix anything right away.