3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Good for mild acne, but doesn't stand the test of stress.

I began using this product back when I was a teenager living in a humid climate with very mild acne, and I thought it was the best thing ever. It kept what little acne I had under control, and left my face feeling clean and refreshed. However, upon moving to Utah to go to college, I found myself very disappointed with my "perfect" acne cleanser. The climate was much drier, and I found that my acne cleanser made it worse. Each time I washed my face, it would become extremely tight and I'd have to put extra moisturizer on to make it bearable. Additionally, this cleanser didn't stand up to the added stress of college life. Most of my breakouts are stress or hormone-related, and, while the Clean and Clear acne cleanser worked great with my low stress level in high school, it didn't seem to do much to prevent my almost constant break-outs during midterm and finals weeks, as well as at other stressful times of the semester. I ended up switching to a different brand of acne cleanser which I found worked much better, until recently when I graduated from school and moved back to a more humid climate. I switched back to Clean and Clear, and, just like in high school, it's working well. For my skin type (normal to dry), this cleanser worked great as long as I live in a dry climate, but it doesn't stand up against dry weather or stress-related breakouts.

Ease of Application
VERY easy to apply and wash off. It doesn't need to sit for very long, but you will want to use a moisturizer immediately after rinsing it off.

Side Effects
VERY dry skin

Immediacy
It doesn't help clear up breakouts or zits once they've already appeared, but it does seem to do well at preventing them.

Benefits not worth the risks

I have moderate acne which is triggered by hormones and stress. I also have combination skin with some oily patches and other very dry flaky areas. It's difficult for me to find acne cleansers that clear my skin without leaving it too dry. The other extreme is using moisturizing cleansers that make my face oily and more prone to breakout.

I thought this product would be worth a shot because benzoyl peroxide has helped clear my acne in the past. Unfortunately, this cleanser contains a whopping 10% benzoyl peroxide formula so needless to say, it is extremely drying. It did manage to clear my acne slightly, but when my skin became excessively dry, I broke out even more. I would not be able to use this product more than once a day at most, as it made my skin flake and become irritated. Also, I found it made me extremely sensitive to the sun, so try using a sunblock if you buy this product.

This cleanser would probably be alright for people with very oily skin, but for anyone who has a problem with dryness, this is a bad choice.

i aint buying this again thats for sure

from tennessee

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

Cons

• Irritates Skin

• Acne-Prone Skin

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

This product might help others but for me I bought it as a kit it left my face burning like crazy makes it reddish

Great acne wash

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

This is a great acne face wash. I have tried many different medicated washes over the years and I used to get really bad acne scars. However, the scars started going away a few weeks after I started using this product. I have tried generic washes that claim to be similar to this one, but they dry out my skin and leave it all flaky. I have never had any drying or flaking problems with this product and I use it every morning and every night. This wash gives you that icy feeling that feels really good when you are having an acne breakout. The icy feeling is the best when used in the shower, but the product works well just using the sink too. I do have to make sure to use it every morning and every night because if I skip even one washing I will start breaking out again. My skin is horrible, but that just goes to show how well this wash works. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good, affordable acne wash.

Side Effects
    No flaky or dry skin like other acne washes I have tried.

Immediacy
    Would be nice if it worked more quickly, but after a few weeks it is definitely worth the wait.

NOT worth it

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

This is definitely not worth your money. I understand that you won't see results in your skin for at least a month or so, but I couldn't even go 2 weeks using this. It is way too harsh for sensitive skin, and leaves my skin red and with larger pores (I have larger pores to begin with, but this made them look even worse). You're better off using a bar of soap than using this, because soap is way less drying than Clean and Clear. This product will help with acne (I noticed a few less pimples), but will make everything worse if you have very sensitive skin. I recommend using an all natural product line.

Gets rid of acne, but does nothing else. It makes your skin tight and raw.

Ease of Application
    It goes on easily, but looks like a water layer of cream. It does not lather, and a little goes a long way.

Convenience
    All I can say is you get what you pay for.

Side Effects
    Burning, redness, larger pores, and uneven skin tone and texture if you have sensitive skin.

• Immediacy:

This cleanser helps keep my skin free of acne

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

I use this cleanser at the recommendation of my dermatologist when I shower. Basically, that means I use it 4-6 times per week. It definitely helps keep my acne down, and doesn't irritate my skin. The only thing that you have to be really careful about is that it will bleach your towels. I have to use white towels or else my other ones get stained, even after I rinse the wash off in the shower. It will even bleach my foot towel that I step onto after my shower when water drips off.

Ever since I started using this wash about 9 months ago, my skin has been much clearer. Of all the benzoyl peroxide washes that are available over the counter, this one has the strongest dose that I have found.

Ease of Application
    It is easy to use, just apply to your face and let sit for a minute, then wash off. I do it in the shower, so it's not such a huge mess to clean off or splash around.

Convenience
    It is very convenient to just do this wash after getting clean in the shower. It is also inexpensive and easy to find at major stores.

Side Effects
    I have not had any problems with my skin getting dried out. I don't use it every single day, and I always put on facial moisturizer every morning after my shower.

Immediacy
    I do think it takes a while of using it to really see a difference, but it's worth it. Not a huge deal, after a while your skin just clears up.

• Immediacy:

a great cleanser that cleans and prevents future breakouts

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

I normally have an oily face and I always get acne.I have the pimples with pus and those other big red ones that just hurt. I seen this Clean and Clear continuous control acne cleanser and decided to try it. It fought my breakouts and it kept my skin looking clear. It had a thick texture and it lathered very well cleansing and removing large amounts of oil my face. My face felt really clean after and my face didn't look oily anymore. My face felt a lot smoother and it was acne free. It did dry out my face a little bit but I just applied a moisturizer and it was fine. Its safe to use everyday and its not harsh to my acne. I like how as soon as I washed my face by the end of the day my acne was reduced. I would definitely buy this face wash again, it works fast and it was affordable to buy. I recommend this to anybody with an oily face or if you have bad acne, don't use if your face is dry because it will dry it out more.

What a Great Product

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

This is a great product for anyone who has acne. It will help clear up your skin and get your face looking healthy just the way that it should be.

You can really start to feel this wash start to work once you've applied it to your face. Just by how it feels you know that it's working.

Ease of Application
    It's so easy to apply this wash to your face and other areas that need it.

Convenience
    It only takes a couple of minutes to apply and rinse this wash off your face so you can do it just about anywhere and at any time. You can do it many times throughout the day which is nice. It just doesn't take any time at all.

Side Effects
    There aren't any side effects associated with this acne wash so don't worry at all. You will be completely safe from any harm or damage.

Immediacy
    You can start to feel the wash get to work immediately after applying it to your face. You can really start to feel your pores open up and you can tell that you're getting a thorough cleansing.

• Immediacy:

Great product for quick control of acne

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

This is a great product. I started to get adult acne after the birth of my second child. I had never had acne problems in the past and was lost about what to use. I tried professional brands and they seemed to help, but not prevent new acne. I bought this product after a friend told me about it. It was hard to find, but I located it at CVS. It works amazing and does not cause my face to dry out. I use this product in the morning and evening. I thought I had the acne under control and switched to a different facial cleanser. I noticed my acne coming back shortly after and went to back to using this product. I would recommend!

Works great, doesn't dry out and prevents new acne.

Ease of Application
    Easy to use. I use it with my Clarisonic cleaner.

Side Effects
    Does not dry out my skin at all, and my skin looks refreshed and clean.

Immediacy
    This works very fast! I believe it is one of the only products that contains 10% acne medicine to help clear skin.

• Immediacy:

Kept my teenage acne under control

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

I had severe acne during my teen years. My skin was oily and constantly breaking out. My mom purchased this face wash for me and it worked wonders. I used it every day and after a few weeks, I could see a difference in my acne. It started to clear up and new breakouts were not as severe. I used it every single morning in the shower. My skin was oily and it helped to reduce the oil and seemed to deep clean my face. My face felt clean and soft after washing with this cleanser. The scent is very light and clean, not overwhelming at all. The tube would last me about a month if I was using it every day. I just applied a small amount to my fingertips and would massage
    it onto my wet face. I would let it sit for a minute and then rinse it off. It is a little thick so you have to be sure that it completely washes off. Several times I would notice some left behind around my hair line. Other than that, I had no problem with this cleanser and it really helped with my acne. I would recommend it to anyone needing an acne cleanser that works.

Not Worth the Side Effects

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

Clean and Clear’s Continuous Control Acne Cleanser was too harsh and drying for me to use as a daily cleanser. Ten percent benzoyl peroxide is quite a strong dose, given that it’s naturally a very strong product even in small doses. This cleanser has several very negative side effects. For one, if you use it too often (which for me was more than once every few days), your skin can get super dry, flaky, and red. Additionally, benzoyl peroxide has the very nasty side effect of bleaching things. This cleanser ruined countless of my towels before I even realized what was causing it. The towels now have huge splotches on them. This can happen to any fabric that comes into contact with skin that has been cleansed using this product, so you definitely can’t use it on body acne. Similarly, if you apply self tanner or get spray tans, you may wind up looking splotchy from inadvertent contact with this product. It’s fairly effective at improving acne, but the side effects are too great to make it worth it.

Clean and Clear acne control

from Georgia

Comments about Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser:

This product isn't a bad one but it was not the best for my moderate acne. It was too drying on my skin and instead of reducing breakouts, it actually increased them in other areas. It did not control my acne but I did at least look cleaner than I did when I used so many other products. I had to switch to clearasil to get the desired results for my acne for this really didn't do much but clean the skin or at least leave it smelling like it was clean because I definitely continued to Breakout. Although this product wasn't the best, it still gave me hope that my ten years of moderate acne would clear. It didn't work for me, someone with sensitive skin and moderate acne, but it could potentially work for others. I am glad I tried it to see what works for me but it really did nothing. Using clearasil, however, I can gladly report that my skin is completely clear of acne. This product wasn't as effective on my skin as clearasil daily face wash was.