3.6
Clean & Clear
Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser

Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser

3.6

Great product with a high percentage of benzoyl peroxide.

from Plymouth, IN

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

I was surprised to find such a high percentage of benzoyl peroxide in a drugstore product.  This acne control cleanser has 10%!  Usually you only get about 2% or 5%.  This is a very mild-feeling cleanser despite the high concentration of benzoyl peroxide.  I use it to cleanse my face and sometimes to remove my makeup and it makes my skin feel very fresh.  I am not sensitive to benzoyl peroxide the way some people are, so I was not concerned about breaking out.  For a while I used it once a day every day; I cannot imagine using it twice a day like it says on the back.  However, after using it for a few weeks I am sad to say it didn't seem to help my acne.  I don't know what the answer is, but this isn't it.  I was using it with salycilic acid, but for some reason it wasn't cutting it.  However, the price is good and I would still recommend it as a good, quality cleanser that you can buy at the drugstore.

Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser is a good value.

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

Clean and Clear Acne Cleanser is a good choice for people with mild to moderate acne who are looking for an over the counter skin cleanser.  This acne cleanser does contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, which are two ingredients found in many prescription acne treatments.  If a person has severe acne, this might not be the best product, as it might not be strong enough.  The percentage of active ingredients (benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid) is not as strong in this cleanser as it is in prescription strength acne cleansers and treatments.  That being said, this cleanser does help control breakouts.  When I use this product, it does not overly dry my skin, as some other acne cleansers do.  In addition, it is readily available at most drugstores and large retailers, such as Walmart.  It is relatively inexpensive, and a bottle of Clean & Clear cleanser usually lasts over a month, with a person washing their face with this both morning and night.

Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser changed my face's life!

from Wheaton, IL

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

Ance runs pretty strongly in my family, and after watching my older brother face terrible breakouts, and then my next brother, I began to fear that I too would have a horrible mess of a face from acne and acne scars. And I did get mild to moderate acne in my later teen years, and I couldn't completely conquer it. I bounced around to different products, though never for super long, because I wasn't satisfied with the results. I admit that a lot of the time, I just didn't do anything because I didn't think I could find something that would work (or wouldn't cost an arm and a leg).  After coming to college, I noticed most other girls' skin was fairly acne free, and so I determined that I would find something that would work. After a little bit of research on acne and different medications for it, I went to the store and happened to pick up Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser, mostly because it was the only one that contained 10% benzoyl peroxide (I hadn't been impressed with salycilic acid). I was hooked within the first few weeks. I have since then been using it every morning and evening, and have very few pimples, and those that I do get generally go away within a day and do not form into the big, honking, scarring kind. I also love the price of the Acne Cleanser. Look around the aisle. It's definitely one of the cheaper face washes, and it actually works instead of just having pretty packaging and a nice smell. Clean & Clear is also available at most stores, so I don't have to hunt to find more when mine runs out. I simply love it.

A word of caution: because of the benzoyl peroxide, your shirt collar and towel will start fading/bleaching when you wash your face. For this reason, I try and wash my face before I've put my day clothes on or after I've put on my pj's, because my pj shirt is just old and oversized, so it doesn't matter. I also only use one of my towels for drying my face afterwards, and it's slowly turning from purple to a tye-dye purple/pink.

Love LOVE LoVe!

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

What can I say, i'm twenty-one and had a huge acne problem.. Ok, well maybe not huge but enough for me to feel uncomfortable in photos.   Not only did I have acne on my face but also on my chest and top of my back.  I tried doctor perscribe medication as well as Proactive - None of those helped keep them from coming back.  Clean and Clear products did!  I love this brand!  I would highly recommend it to any one and every one that asks!

It makes your face feel amazingly clean.  It doesn't irritate the skin, leave red blotches, doesn't dry your skin out.    Its an awesome product to stumble on.   If you haven't already used it - Go and out and give it a shot.   Not to mention there are many coupons to help save you money on this awesome product!

not so refreshing for the skin!

from Texas

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

Have tried this product in the past and have had some good experiences. I have tried this product again recently and did not have a very good experience at all. I have sensitive skin, so my skin was red and blotchy all over, also this product actually broke my skin. I had pimples all over my skin. Would not recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin. I will most definitely not use this product again.

Clean Skin

from Hopkins, MI

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

I have to agree with other reviewers on this product.  While it wasn't great, it wasn't horrible... I don't have horrible acne, so I can't speak to it's effectiveness in hard cases, but with me I cannot say that it made a huge difference.  It cleaned my skin and I at least felt like I was doing something good, but I cannot make the claim that it made a huge difference.  I noticed some clearing, but this could have been due to time and hormone changes as much as to the clearing effects of this cleanser.  I did like using the product for the way it made my skin feel, clean, smooth and fresh.  I still trust the name and makers of this product and use it for cleansing, but should I need a more aggressive approach to acne, it is not this product :(  Still, it has a fresh scent, not overpowering or medicinal in smell, which is important to someone like myself who is sensitive to strong smells.

Clean & Clear does not leave my skin "Clean & Clear".

from Mission, TX

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

I used this product before when I had less acne and it worked. But I used it again recently and I have even more acne. I admit it made some pimples disappear but I keep getting new pimples. I expect it to keep new pimples from appearing. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and my skin isn't clear. I get depressed just by looking at my skin because it's still bad. :[

Clean & Clear may not always be so clear.

from Allison Park, PA

Comments about Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser:

I have almost always had a mild case of acne. I mostly get small breakouts on my chin, forehead, and next to the tip of my nose. I also have combination skin. I have tried numerous things trying to find the perfect product for me, but this product just was not it. While it does make your skin feel clean after washing, I do not think it was doing much else for me. I did not notice any huge difference in my skin, it was still red and my blemishes would slowly fade as they normally would and new ones would occasionally occur. Personally, I do not like cleansers as much as gentle scrubs because it does not seem to allow the medicine to penetrate deep enough to help solve the problems. The clean and clear line is not one which has worked for me, so for that reason I would not reccomend it. Maybe if you had very light acne and already had some sort of toner/moisturizer and things that were working and you only needed a gentle cleanser, but I would not use this product by itself.