Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

my go to allergy medication

This is the allergy medication I used to take way back when, when I was a young kid. I remember when they made it so you had to have a prescription to get it too and how sad I was that they changed it and made it so much harder to get. My allergies are year round, but not bad enough to the point that they effect my regular day to day living. I have a stuffy nose year round just depending where I am and what I'm doing. For example, I work at a hospital and I don't know what it is but literally every day I go into work I start to get the sniffles. Then, after I'm home from work, it's completely cleared up. Must just be the dry air or something that makes my allergies act up. My fiancé also has allergies but he has them worse than I do as well as other sinus issues. He's also "allergic" to our cats. He's always buying and trying new and different allergy and sinus over the counter medications so I get to try all the different medications he gets. When he come home with Claritin a while back I was pleasantly surprised that it went to an over the counter medication. When I tried using it again, I definitely did notice a difference when I went into work. I feel like when I took it regularly it worked better (but maybe that was in my head). But either way, there was a decrease in my runny nose which was great. My fiancé claims very few OTC medications help him but he did mention that this one helped some. He also mentioned it wasn't necessarily better than some of the other brands out there. I think it varies person to person in how it effects them. But I like it and it works for me.

not bad...but not that great

I tried this product after I moved, and experienced terrible allergies.        I found that it worked pretty well, but it made me so groggy that I could barely function.       So, trading scratchy eyes and congestion for being too out of it to work is not a decent trade off to me.          So, I stopped using it, and suffered through the spring with allergies.       This may be a great product for someone who can tolerate the side effects, or someone who does not have to work for a living.    I personally hate the medicine-head feeling...    I could barely count cash at work, and that was a big problem for me.

I would not use Claritin again.            For me, it was a waste of money.

Didn't work great for me

from MI

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

I have been a lifelong seasonal allergy sufferer, and growing up I probably tried every OTC allergy medication that existed. Allegra, Zyretc, Claritin...I have tried them all.

Claritin Reditabs 24 hour allergy medicine seems like a good idea, and I like the fact that they are 24 hours, where some allergy medicines are just for 12 hours - meaning you need to take 2 per day. But, for some reason, they just don't work for me. I have given Claritin numerous tries throughout the years, hoping that maybe as I got older they would suddenly work - but unfortunately, no.

I suffer from seasonal allergies in the fall - or, HayFever. So usually starting in August I have itchy watery eyes, sneezing, stuffed up nose, etc. While Claritin might give me slight relief, it doesn't take away the majority of my symptoms. Also, for this product to truly be effective I think you need to use it continuously, meaning for several days in a row before you can notice any type of improvement.

Overall, I'm sure this works for a lot of people. My husband loves it. But for me, I have just never really had good luck.

Alert Allergy Medication

Profile Image

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

I do not take allergy medications very often, just a few times a year. Claritin is my number one choice when choosing an over-the-counter allergy medication because it is very effective without making me drowsy. This is a key factor for me because I have a very busy lifestyle that includes a toddler, dog, and home based photography business. I need to remain completely alert even through my groggiest allergy attacks and Claritin makes this possible. I like that this allergy medication is also fast acting if I forget to take it ahead of time. During certain times of the year when pollen is thick I will just take it in the morning regardless if I have started experiencing any symptoms yet. This is not an addictive type of medication either. It is a little pricey but I can usually find coupons for it in coupon flyers or online. It also has a couple different options for container size to choose the best fit financially and need based. This allergy medication works on all the allergies I experience, including pollen and pet dander.

Small, easy to swallow pill.

• Immediacy:

Allergy relief for the whole family

from Van Nuys, CA

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

Works like a charm. We live in Southern California, where it feels like spring all year round. As soon as symptoms begin, we pop one of these and begin to quickly feel better. The best part for us is that these melt in your mouth, so you don't need to choke one down with water. They even have a sweet taste.

Great For Seasonal Allergies

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

I've been using regular Claritin 24 Hour Allergy for my severe seasonal allergies for some time now and when my local store sold out I grabbed a box of the Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets to use instead.

The Reditabs are a nice change as they dissolve almost immediately in your mouth, almost like a chewable vitamin or something. There is no need to take them with water if you don't have any. I still take them with my dinner just because that is my medication schedule, but it's not necessary.

These go into effect quite quickly. I notice a definite decrease in itchy, runny eyes within an hour of taking my daily pill. When taken daily it seems to last the entire 24 hours from pill to pill and I don't really notice it wearing off before the next dose is due.

I've noticed a bit of drowsiness, which is why I take my pill with my dinner, but nothing extreme.

Claritin is an excellent option for those of us who suffer from seasonal allergies and need a daily dose of allergy medicine.

Quick Relief

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

These were the first dissolvable tablets I've tried and while they were good for quick relief I didn't see them working as well for long-term relief. I like that they are pretty much flavorless so you don't have a nasty chalky taste in your mouth. I took one right before bed and though it helped me to sleep it didn't help for the 24 hours I was expecting. I was definitely having my allergy issues in the daytime. I also think these tablets are a bit expensive. I definitely wouldn't use these for on-going use since taking one each day over a long period would add up quickly.

They work for a short period of time but definitely not 24 hours like the package describes. I'm not a fan of popping pills all day so I ended up having to go a different route after the main attack of my allergies had subsided.

I am very sensitive to taste so these tablets worried me a bit but after one tablet I noticed there was really no taste nor bad after-taste.

Claritin Clear

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

I absolutely love Claritin. I have used it since I was a kid for my allergies, and it has always worked well for me. However, whenever I would use it a few days in a row I notice the amount of time it took for the medicine to take effect would be longer and my allergies wouldn't always be treated. Therefore, I would take the pill only when you really need it to have the medicine work its best effects as quickly as possible. Claritin is pretty cheap and available everywhere, so it's great for convenience! Like their commercials say, I'm always Claritin Clear during allergy season! I would recommend this to people with seasonal and pet allergies- but nothing too severe.

I would say it works very well, but after prolonged use of Claritin the effects start to wear down.

Very easy to use! The pill is very small and shouldn't be a problem to swallow.

Immediacy
Works very well in a matter of hours- however, the more you use it the less effective it becomes.

• Immediacy:

My old choice for allergy relief

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

Claritin has been my first choice for allergy relief for many years since it was only available by prescription. I have found it to help with sneezing, watery, runny nose and itchy scratchy allergy eyes. Although it does work, I find that I do not have relief from my symptoms for many hours after I have taken the pill.

Yes, Claritin does work, but it takes all day for my sneezing and runny nose to stop. Also, I do believe that with Claritin that you need to take it every day during allergy season for it to build up and be more effective. I prefer medicine to work when I have an episode. I do not like to have to take medicine every day both from an overall health perspective and from a convenience factor.

Claritin reditabs are my favorite type of pill to take. It is very easy and convenient and you do not need to swallow it with a glass of water. The reditab melts on your tongue with no effort and no nasty taste.

Immediacy
My experience has been that Claritin takes all day to work to stop my sneezing attacks and non-stop watery, runny, nose. I usually have to pair it up with prescription nasal spray and in the case of itchy allergy eyes, with allergy eye drops.

Finally, something that works

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

I live in Texas and the air here is just an allergy haven. There is always something floating around that will make you sneeze! I used to use Benadryl. While it worked, it also made me extremely drowsy. It seemed like I slogged through my days being so tired all the time. So I would trade off treating my allergies for feeling away.

Since I've started using Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets, I can take them every day, and actually enjoy life. Clears up my allergy symptoms, and I don't feel like I'm ready to sleep.

I would highly recommend these.

Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets clears up my symptoms. There is instant relief, but I noticed the longer I take them, the better I feel. During my allergy season, I just start taking them everyday with no ill effects.

Very easy to use in this form. I just take them daily.

Immediacy
I do get instant relief from my symptoms, but I find that the longer I take them, the better I feel. I take one every morning during my allergy seasons, and find that I'm not suffering the symptoms. It also doesn't make me drowsy.

• Immediacy:

Great results without being tired or groggy!

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

My whole family suffers from allergies of one sort or another and over the years I have tried a lot of different allergy medicines on both myself, my husband and my 13 year old step daughter. Of all of the brands that we have tried Claritin is definitely the most effective over the counter and I would even say that they are as effective as the prescription brands that we have used. It is true that they can take a few hours to fully work, it says so right on the box, but since they are meant to be taken every day I would think that would only really be an issue on the first day. No one in my house actually takes them every day though. And I do find that especially with the Reditabs I start to feel better very quickly, even if it takes a few hours to be 100%. I personally think that 99% of the time waiting a little while to feel completely better is worth it considering that they work so well for so long. And unlike a lot of other allergy medicines I have never felt tired or "cloudy" after taking Claritin.

• Immediacy:

Claritin isn't the best, but it does work sometimes.

Comments about Claritin Reditabs 24 Hour Allergy Tablets:

I used to use Claritin when I was younger during that time when seasonal allergies got me. It worked okay for a little bit and then it just seemed like it wasn't really working at all. My symptoms were just as bad when I was taking Claritin as they had been before I started taking it, and so I had to switch to something else that would really help.

It was pretty effective for a couple of weeks and then it seemed like it just quit working on me. I don't know if it quit working or if my body got used to it somehow.

Claritin is really easy to use though. I just took one pill a day with a glass of water, every morning when I woke up.

Immediacy
I could tell that it was working; but it seemed like it took a couple of days to get into my system before I could really notice it working like it should have. It's not like when you go outside and the pollen and stuff get to you and you start sneezing, so you go take some Claritin and then when you're back outside, you stop sneezing- it definitely will not work that fast.