Other Hair Colorings:
Clairol
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

Pros

• Easy to use (3)
  • Great color (3)
  • Natural look (3)

• Ease of Application:

doesn't fade as quickly as other home color kits

I've tried many products and was a little reluctant to try Nice N' Easy. I think I somehow thought it would be "hardcore", damaging, staining and too dark.  I was wrong! The color was a bit darker than comparable brands BUT it was consistent from root to ends. The color was natural medium brown which other brands left me a little brassy. The shade was nice and the color was actually LONG lasting. This suprised me. After around 4 weeks, the color has barely lifted from my grey.I'd give it a shot if you're looking for grey coverage that lasts.

It's nice, it's easy, and it fades in days!

***Quick View:*** This hair color looks great but fades very quickly. I spent a long time doing my roots only to see the color fade within a week and having to redo my roots in three weeks. I should have done them in two weeks but that's just crazy.

***About Clairol Nice'n Easy Hair Color (with Colorblend Technology)*** This hair color comes in the usual variety of shades with no funky or outrageous colors. It has the typical tube and plastic bottle applicator system and a tube of conditioner. Application is simple. Just squeeze the color out of the plastic bottle onto the hair, making sure to cover every piece you want to color. In my case, I wanted to color just the roots because I have highlights in my hair and don't want to pile color over color. My roots are lighter than my hair is now and there is some (gasp) grey so I wanted them to blend perfectly. After applying the color and waiting 25 minutes, I rinsed and applied the included conditioner. The color was perfect. There was not a hint of difference between my roots and the rest of my hair. I was very pleased with the look. But within a few days, I noticed a few pieces of hair on the top looked lighter. Not grey but not the color they should be. In a week, the color began to fade and some grey and lighter strands were clearly showing through. In a couple of weeks, I looked like I hadn't touched up my roots in ages. I was so disappointed because I hate to waste time doing my roots. It's messy and just plain boring. I had to redo my roots within three weeks with another brand of hair color. This is supposed to be a permanent color but it sure wasn't permanent on my hair. ***My Viewpoint*** Clairol Nice'n Easy Hair Color (with Colorblend Technology) is easy to apply and doesn't smell as awful as some hair colors. The shade was perfect for my hair and it blended amazingly well. But the color faded and was gone in under three weeks. That is unacceptable and I will not be using this hair color again. ***2 stars*.**

Just as good as any other hair dye

from morocco

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Doesn't Last

• Graying Hair
  • New Look
  • Thicker Hair

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I have dishwater blonde hair and I wanted a rich reddish brown all over color. I didn't want anything too maroon or too fake red looking. I was super impressed with how well the color turned out. I actually used this product for a year and loved it. The color on the box came out exactly like it said it would. The color was true and didn't disappoint. The color was also so pretty for a box color. I seriously mean it when I say this product stayed in my hair longer than some salon processes that I have received. I received a lot of compliments on my hair color while using this product. This product also left my hair so soft and shiny. The smell was also tolerable too. It didn't smell too strong or like I had a chemical in my hair. The coverage is great especially for a novice like me that had no idea what to do at first. The formula didn't burn my scalp or skin either. I highly recommend this product to anyone wanting full coverage and true color.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

i have to buy it again and again because it fades so quickly

from troon ayrshire in scotland

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color
  • Natural Look
  • needs doing every second week and that makes it

Cons

• Doesn't Last
  • Too Harsh

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

when freshly done looks great summer it fades even quicker than winter

• Commitment To Color:
    • Permanent

Its name says it all!

from Cary, NC

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Natural Look

• All over color
      • Graying Hair

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I've always been afraid to attempt anything but root touch-up coloring in the past, as I thought it would just be too difficult to do an all-over color by myself. (I have shoulder length hair, and was concerned about being able to cover all of my hair, especially the back.)

Since I always had great results with Clairol's Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up product, I thought their permanent/all-over color would be the most logical choice when I made the "plunge" recently to color all my hair by myself.

Although it was a little awkward for me applying the color in the squeeze bottle (as opposed to using a small brush applicator when doing just my roots,) I eventually was able to get the product on all of my hair, roots first, and left it on long enough to ensure there was sufficient coverage for my gray.

To say I was pleasantly surprised by the results would be putting it lightly! The color is very natural looking (and covered all of my gray,) and the ColorSeal Conditioning Gloss that's included is AMAZING.

The only change I might make would be to try the foam variety of this product that Clairol makes to see if I would have an easier time in actually applying the product.

• Commitment To Color:
      • Permanent

lifethreatening

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I will never recommend your product. Worst experience of my life. Vanity almost killed me. followed all directions and still ended up in the hospital. The allergy test was not accurate for me. Not sure if there are other warnings or something, but this should not have happened and I do not want anyone else to have to go through what I did

Very nice product

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I have always loved Clairol Nice 'Easy Hair Color! it is an excellent hair coloring product! It provides beautiful and very natural looking color for my hair. It completely covers all of the gray in my hair and also leaves it quite soft and super shiny. I have been using this hair color for many years and I am a loyal customer. The price is one of the lowest, but yet it is still a high quality product. My mother even used it a few times, although she didn't color her hair very often,she was also please with this item. It is a great part of the Clairol family of fine hair products. I always received many compliments whenever I used this amazing hair color. They have many shades to choose from.

It is very effective at providing fine hair color and gray coverage. It makes my hair beautiful!

Ease of Application
      It is quite easy to use and all you have to do is follow the simple directions for best results.

Fabulous....

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

This dye is fantastic. You can't beat the price plus there are always coupons in the Sunday paper. My mom has used this since I was a little kid and now I've used it over 20 years. The color adds highlights so it has depth. It's easy to apply and covers the gray hairs too. I get all kinds of compliments on the color and shine! The only downside is the smell & Clairols recent decision to change the color numbers on the boxes.

Claiarol Nice'n Easy Foam Hair Color

from Summerville, GA

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I have light to medium brown hair which is turning Gray. Without some color on my hair it gives me a "Washed" out look. I have tried many different brands and hair colors. Some of the brands and colors make my hair too dark and some makes my hair much too light. I have even tried a "Salon" color but still a problem finding the right color. I have finally after much "Trial and Error" decided on the color "Light Golden Brown". While still a little too light, the next level is much too dark. I have tried many brands in this color and have finally settled on Clairol Color Blend Foam in Light Golden Brown. This color tones and highlights in a drip-free foam which makes it extremely easy to apply. No Mess, No Fuss! I do do something that is not recommended by the manufacturer but I have been doing this for a few years and with many different brands with good results. I only mix up half of the formula in the bottle, leaving the remaining portion in the original bottle, sealed tightly. Use the mixed up portion the first time and the remaining portion for a second time. Since I have short, fine hair, 1/2 of the portion is all that I need. DO NOT MIX UP THE ENTIRE PORTION AND TRY TO SAVE IT. I have used this method for years and it works just fine. Beside saving money, you are not wasting the product. Clairol Nice'Easy leaves my hair a beautiful color, great texture and just a "Feel Good" feeling. Lots of shine and where my Gray hair is produces great highlights. Easy to use, Great Color, what more could you want from a Hair Color??

• Ease of Application:

The color doesn't match up well and it smells bad.

from West Virginia

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

This hair color doesn't match up well at all for me. I've tried several shades and here was my experience with it.

The gloves that come in this are terrible. They are huge and rip easily. I can't keep them on my hands and I can't work in them so I forego them. The color is easy to mix but it's hard to clip the bottle. You have to cut the nozzle really low and then mix the two formulas and shake them for a minute or two. I always shake them, let them settle for a minute or two, then shake again to get my color.

The hair color doesn't match up well for me. I tried this in medium blonde, dark blonde, and light brown. The medium blonde turns out really dark. The dark blonde turned out a lot brighter than I expected, and the light brown turned into more of a chocolate color that was way too dark. I just couldn't find a good match with this product. My natural color is a light brown with highlights of blonde throughout. It sometimes is entirely blonde depending on the time of year and the lighting. I have good color for using dye on but couldn't find my match in this color. It was disappointing.

The colors look healthy. They feel good and they look nice. The conditioner that comes with it helps. The dye smells really bad though. I couldn't wait until my 25 minutes were up. It does look good but it doesn't match what the box suggests you should look like.

It does dye well and lasts for weeks but the color doesn't match the box.

Ease of Application
      I had to wrap my head with special cotton and Vaseline and I had to get my own gloves because the ones in this box didn't fit at all.

• Ease of Application:

It really is Nice and Easy!

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I have always used the non permanent hair color kits in the past because of my fear of what the permanent color might turn out like and not being able to just wash it out in 14 washes. After constantly trying to cover my grays with the non permanent color kits I decided to make the commitment and buy the permanent hair color kit. I am glad I did! It really was Nice and Easy! They give you gloves, detailed directions and an easy mixing solution. I mixed it up, applied and then waiting 25 minutes to rinse it out. I was nervous about how the color would turn out since it usually looks very different once you wash and dry your hair but to my surprise it matched the color on the box! I had a nice, even all over color and my gray was covered! Mission accomplished!

It was easy and covered all my gray in just 25 minutes.

Ease of Application
      It was very easy to apply and I had more than enough solution to put on my hair. My hair is long, past my shoulders, and I only used half the bottle of solution. I wasn't worried that I was going to run out when I was applying it.

beautiful and easy

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I've dyed my hair many times and I've found the easiest brand to use is Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color. It goes nicely with my natural highlights and I can do it by myself and do it quickly. It is very effective and keeps my hair colored for a good period of time!