4.1
Clairol
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

4.1

Pros

• Easy to use (18)
  • Natural look (14)
  • Great color (13)
  • Long-lasting (11)
  • Gentle (10)

Cons

• Doesn't last (7)
  • Smells bad (7)
  • Color misrepresented (4)
  • Messy (4)

• Graying hair (11)
  • New look (9)
  • Touch ups (7)
  • Thick hair (6)
  • Fine hair (4)
    • Ease of Application:
    • Permanent (17)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Beauty conscious (9), Survivalist / minimalist (6), Product junkie (4)

doesn't fade as quickly as other home color kits

I've tried many products and was a little reluctant to try Nice N' Easy. I think I somehow thought it would be "hardcore", damaging, staining and too dark.  I was wrong! The color was a bit darker than comparable brands BUT it was consistent from root to ends. The color was natural medium brown which other brands left me a little brassy. The shade was nice and the color was actually LONG lasting. This suprised me. After around 4 weeks, the color has barely lifted from my grey.I'd give it a shot if you're looking for grey coverage that lasts.

It's nice, it's easy, and it fades in days!

***Quick View:*** This hair color looks great but fades very quickly. I spent a long time doing my roots only to see the color fade within a week and having to redo my roots in three weeks. I should have done them in two weeks but that's just crazy.

***About Clairol Nice'n Easy Hair Color (with Colorblend Technology)*** This hair color comes in the usual variety of shades with no funky or outrageous colors. It has the typical tube and plastic bottle applicator system and a tube of conditioner. Application is simple. Just squeeze the color out of the plastic bottle onto the hair, making sure to cover every piece you want to color. In my case, I wanted to color just the roots because I have highlights in my hair and don't want to pile color over color. My roots are lighter than my hair is now and there is some (gasp) grey so I wanted them to blend perfectly. After applying the color and waiting 25 minutes, I rinsed and applied the included conditioner. The color was perfect. There was not a hint of difference between my roots and the rest of my hair. I was very pleased with the look. But within a few days, I noticed a few pieces of hair on the top looked lighter. Not grey but not the color they should be. In a week, the color began to fade and some grey and lighter strands were clearly showing through. In a couple of weeks, I looked like I hadn't touched up my roots in ages. I was so disappointed because I hate to waste time doing my roots. It's messy and just plain boring. I had to redo my roots within three weeks with another brand of hair color. This is supposed to be a permanent color but it sure wasn't permanent on my hair. ***My Viewpoint*** Clairol Nice'n Easy Hair Color (with Colorblend Technology) is easy to apply and doesn't smell as awful as some hair colors. The shade was perfect for my hair and it blended amazingly well. But the color faded and was gone in under three weeks. That is unacceptable and I will not be using this hair color again. ***2 stars*.**

Time to change - too messy

from Frisco TX

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Difficult To Use
  • Messy
  • Time Consuming

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I have used Nice n Easy for about 20 years. It was great until they started making some changes approx. 5-7 years ago. The product is thinner than it used to be so it easily spurts out of the applicator and lands on the walls and the floor and stains them. Also, it stains my skin a lot. Did not used to do that. I am fed up and wil change to another brand now.

Great hair dye

from Nashville TN

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Smells Bad

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I have been dying my hair since I was 15. I'm naturally blonde and i've just never liked my natural hair color. Now I'm a mom of two kids and a busy wife. I don't have as much time to spend on myself or money for that matter. I dye my roots every 6 to 8 weeks and I have to say this hair color definitely makes my hair feel way better after use. The brand I was using prior made it feel very fried and dry. It still smells very strong but almost all hair colors do. I recommend it to all of my mommy friends who need an easy to use at home hair color.

great hair dye

from Minneola, FL

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Messy
  • Smells Bad

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I use this hair dye all the time. My hair feels great after I put the special conditioner in my hair.

Not that good

from Columbus OH

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
  • Doesn't Last

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I used this color for maximum grey coverage( i have a few grey hairs here and there) as the product claims to be one, but i was disappointed with the results as i used a dark brown color and the color on the grey was so light and it didnt blend in, infact it was so obvious i colored my grey :(

I would not but

from Ky

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
    • Doesn't Last
    • Messy
    • Smells Bad

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

It's didnt turn the color it should have on my hair

I always return to Nice and Easy

from Walton KS

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gentle
      • Great Color
      • Long-Lasting
      • Natural Look

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I have use hair color for around 15 years now that I'm in my 50s I know what I like and don't. Nice and Easy is just that. Colors quickly at affordable price and last about 4 weeks. I've tried other home coloring that cost more but I keep returning to Nice and Easy.

• Permanent

It's alright for the price

from Port huron, mi

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
        • Doesn't Last
        • Smells Bad
        • Time Consuming
        • Too Harsh

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

It use to last until I needed to dye my roots again. Now I find the color just washes out

• Permanent

Color was darker than expected.

from Hayden,AL

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Color Misrepresented

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

I bought the medium cool brown and my hair color looked black after I dyed it. I was very unhappy with the color. The only good thing about this hair dye is that it last a while.

Love this product

from Akron Ohio

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Gentle
        • Great Color
        • Long-Lasting
        • Natural Look

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

Love this product.I used it to cover my grey hairs.It was easy to use and the floral smell was nice.It did not have the chemical smell like most hair coloring products leave in your hair for days.I have recommended it to my friends and family.

I only buy Nice 'n Easy!

from Lake View, AL

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Gentle
          • Great Color
          • Long-Lasting
          • Natural Look
          • Versatile

• Thinner Hair

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color:

Great product! So many colors to choose from! Fast and easy to apply! And most of all it gives you a natural color!

• Demi-Permanent