3.9
Clairol
Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse

Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse

3.9

Who Doesn't Want Hair That Is Tousled Softly?

I'm always on the lookout for new hair products. This month's find is Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse. You have to love the name. When I saw it in the store, I thought, "That's exactly what I want!" I want hair that looks like it's just been tousled softly. I use Herbal Essences Body Envy Hair Spray, and absolutely love it, so to try this product was an easy decision. I had been using Fructis Garnier Volumizing Mousse and had no problems with it. I liked it. Yet this Tousle Me Softly Mousse was hard to ignore. Along with having a totally gorgeous canister, in a deep purple with green highlights, this mousse also has a great scent to it, a "fusion of wild violet and pomegranate." What makes this great is that it doesn't smell like every other mousse and hairspray out there. Who wants to smell like everyone else? It also foams up really quickly out of the canister, and kind of keeps on going for a little bit. But once you get used to that, it just takes a quick adjustment to figure out how to not get too much out. After I bought the new mousse, what I found was that the required style would take one or the other, Fructis or Herbal Essences, and that I could even combine the two. If I want a lot of control and really long lasting, I use the Fructis Volumizer. If I want just some light bouncy "tousled" curls, I go for the Herbal Essences. And if I want something in the middle, some longer lasting curls that are slightly tousled, I mix the two together. It seems to be the perfect combination. So how does it last? It lasts pretty well throughout the day, if I don't brush it out. If I do, it's flat by the morning. However, if I don't brush it out throughout the day, and just finger shape my hair where I want it, I still have the curls that I can retousle the next morning, although they are much more relaxed.

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Stringily

I have some pretty wavy hair, and it's the kind that doesn't exactly curl and doesn't dry straight either.  I am able to manage it fairly well with the right product, and when I saw Tousle Me Softly, the wavy and curly hand formulation of Herbal Essences new line of mousses, I thought I'd give it a try.

I loved the smell, and I loved the shape of the bottle, but I just couldn't find the right amount to use to make it work.  I figured I was overloading my hair when it looked stringy and I thought I might have been using too little when I had a ton of frizz.  There was nothing soft about my hair at all, and the just tousled look never happened.

Actually, I wound up using it for it's hold more than for it's soft mousse properties.  It wound up being really good at keeping strays into a ponytail or evening out the flyaways on a bad hair day. I can't imagine that I'm using it the way Herbal Essences intended. I don't plan on buying this product again.

creates soft waves

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse creates soft waves. I have thin and fine hair so when I try to curl my hair I usually need a little extra help in keeping the curl so I need to use a mousse or hairspray and this is my favorite mousse to use because it helps me hold a loose soft wave. I usually shower and wash my hair first so it is nice and clean and then I towel dry my hair until it is just damp. Then I spray about a golf ball sized amount of this tousle me softly mousse into my palm and run it through my damp hair. Then I blow dry my hair upside down with my fingers to give it volume and texture. Once my hair is dry I can style it with my curling iron. The Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Mousse helps me hold the curl/wave without leaving my hair sticky and crunchy. This is the only mousse I would ever consider using and I would definitely recommend this mousse to my friends.

I like this product, it works good on my hair.

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

It's hard for me to find mousse that'll actually style my hair, but this actually works. Although it does work on my hair, it doesn't last as long as I would like for it to. On days that I don't have to time to do my hair all nice and perfect, I like to scrunch my hair. While this is the best product I've found for my hair, a lot of times by the end of my shift at work, my hair doesn't look the way it did when I styled it.

Excellent product that leaves hair looking it's best all day.

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

This is an excellent product that leaves hair looking good all day long. It makes your hair look naturally curly by just scrunching a small amount into it. I have naturally straight hair and it gives me volume and curl that looks amazing. this product also does not leave hair looking and feeling greasy at the end of the day. It has a hold that lasts from morning to night without needed an extra application in between.this product also has a scent that leaves hair smelling good unlike other products. This is a great product that does not need to be combined with other styling products to get the desired look. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is lookIng for a styling agent to help them achieve a voluminous, curly look. I use this product everyday because it works extremely well for my hair type and also does not cause much damage to my hair.

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly is Great for the Price

from Canton, MI

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse is a great value for the price you pay.  Originally, I bought this product because of the affordability. Not only have I found this product affordable, it also works really well in my curly hair.  First of all, it does make my hair feel softer and doesn't leave a crusty look like other products (and no one wants crusty hair, right?).  It also escentuates my curls, which is a definite plus.  The other thing I like about this product is the smell.  It smells great and isn't an overpowering smell.  The only thing I would say against it is that it does wear out as the day progresses.  But, this is the only complaint I have in regards to this product and it doesn't totally wear out.  So, if you are looking for a product that is affordable, works well with curly hair, and smells great, this is a great product to try.  Also, look out for coupons as you can often find coupons to pair with these already amazing prices.

Tousles a Little TOO Softly

from Marysville, WA

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

I have long, naturally curly hair and live in the Pacific Northwest where the days are mostly rainy, misty, and damp. This means I have to work hard not to look like Napoleon Dynamite when I go out in public. I've tried a lot of hair products. I had high hopes for the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse because I want soft, natural curls, not helmet-head or frizz. This product does a great job when the weather is fine, but it doesn't quite control the frizz as well as I'd like. I've actually had better luck with Suave products, and they're cheaper! Plus, I find that unless I dry my hair with a diffuser right after applying this product, it tends to get crusty on the ends. It doesn't stay soft when I let my hair air-dry. Not that it ever really dries here. On the positive side, it smells great and the mousse is light and airy. The products are also inexpensive and readily available, which is great because I use a lot of it.

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse is a must have

from Paterson, NJ

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

This product does exactly what it promises. It leaves your hair with nice, controlled waves----it does not make your hair sticky or hard. Recently my hair has been thinning out because of all the years of highlighting it/straightening it constantly.... and I wanted to go back to giving my hair its natural look. This product was great because it is lightweight so it doesn't weigh my hair down. It also doesn't flake or make it look like you have dandruff like other cheap mousses. I also use the finishing cream that is in this line of "tousle me softly" herbal essences product. I recommend using them both together because the finishing cream leaves it more controlled and softer than ever. The end look of this product is beach-wind blown hair that looks natural and not hard like some other products.

Bottomline: I would recommend this as a must have to anyone with wavy/curly hair that wants to go back to its natural yet controlled look.

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse works great!

from Van Buren, AR

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly mousse is a miracle worker.  It perfectly scrunches my hard-to-curl (or really do anything to) hair, all while being flexible and smelling great.  It has a medium hold, so it stays all day without making your hair extremely hard. My hair usually feels really soft and flowy whenever I use it, unlike whenever I was using some Garnier mousse that really, really sucked.   Occasionally I do get one or two strands that are crunchy, but I can easily pull them apart in order to remedy that situation.  Like I said before, I love the smell of it.  I'm always getting compliments about how my hair smells good.  It says it is "tropical mystique fragance".  All I know is that it smells really, really good. I tend to use quite a bit, over a palmful for each side of my hair.  I really enjoy using this product, and I promise you won't regret buying this product!  Happy shopping! :)

Love the curl!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

So...I have thick, wavy, borderline curly hair. It's a pain. It takes at least a half hour to straighten or curl and is impossible to just leave alone without scaring everyone else in the world that sees me. I hated my head...until I found this stuff!

With Herbal Essense Mousse, I step out of the shower in the morning, shake the bottle, squeeze into the hand, mix with the hair and it dries with beautiful curls all over my head. It's practically magical and incredibly easy! The curls last all day long too...bonus!

I love the smell of the fluff but it's not overpowering at all. Just enough to make me say "mmm" in the morning but not stink me up all day either.

This mousse is not near as sticky as some of the other brands that I've tried. It's very light, even in my hand. It doesn't "clump" up in my hair or leave me with half my head curled and half my head yuck. It's very even and does the job all over.

I'm so thankful for this curl mousse! Have fun making magic in your hair every morning!

Great product for beautiful curls

from Schlater, MS

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

I have EXTREMELY curly hair.  We're talking corkscrew curls.  I have always hated my hair because of these tight curls.  I wanted a product that would give me softer curls.  A friend of mine told me about this product and I finally tried it.  I really like it!  It makes my curls softer and it is not messy to apply.  Once I have finished applying it to my hair I simply wash my hands and it comes right off!  The product doesn't make my hair stiff, either!  It just calms the curls down and leaves my hair looking great!  The scent is also a plus!  It does not smell too strong and has a nice fragrance.  I have had several people tell me how nice my hair looks since I have started using this.  I really like how easy it is to manage my hair now that I have this product.  I plan to continue using it and will refer others to it as well.  I'm glad that I have finally found a product that makes my hair look good and makes it easier to manage.

Tousle Me Softly takes my pin straight hair to wonderful waves!

from Northern Cambria, PA

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse:

I absolutely love Herbal Essence products, so trying the Tousle Me Softly collection was a no brainer. (And who doesn't love the cute names they come up with for their products?). I have pin straight hair, and always wanted that "beach wave" look like everyone was doing. Ive tried a few other mousses and hair gels and sprays, but they all made my hair super hair and some never set at all. It doesn't seem to matter which shampoo/conditioner you use, you can still use the tousle me softly collection aftewards, and it still works amazing. I've used the mousse, hair gel, and hair spray together and my hair keeps the beautiful beach waves all day! And the collection smells great (not like other hair sprays and whatnot I've tried) It doesn't even take that much time to put the look together, and it's a great change from the everyday straight hair. Herbal Essences isn't really expensive as it is, and everyone puts it on sale and there's coupons available every so often, which makes this a really good buy!