Other Shampoos:
Shampoo for All Hair Types
Clairol
Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties)

Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties)

Pros

Cons

herbal essense :u have to try it

As we are on the topic of hair, I thought that I would review a shampoo that I have been hoarding for years! Way back in the early 70's, Clairol came out with an emerald green shampoo called Herbal Essence... not to be confused with Clairol's Herbal Essences! It's not the same!!

The smell is absolutely heavenly... my absolute favourite of all time and I just happened to find a bottle sitting on a store shelf last summer when I was visiting a friend in New York. It was the only one but if there had of been more, I would have bought them too! So ladies, I know that they are still out there, so keep your eyes open for a bottle of shampoo that might look a little dusty! It just might be Herbal Essence! Grab it quickly and get it out of the store before someone else spots it and then prepare yourself for an experience that you will never forget. And did I mention that just a smidgen in the palm of your hand is enough to thoroughly clean your hair?? Remember the commercials for the new Herbal Essences... now double the reaction!!

With all the new potential customers running across America looking for this shampoo, maybe Clairol will decide to bring it back!!

Herbal Essences Shampoo is not for all hair types

Herbal Essences shampoo has a wonderful scent.  When I first smelled the shampoo, I was in love.  After shampooing my hair with it, the love died.   I have naturally curly hair and it left my hair feeling dried out and in knots.   I thought maybe I just needed a hot oil treatment.  So I did that and again tried the shampoo.  Once again my hair ended up dried out and in huge nasty knots.   I quit using the shampoo and went back to my old shampoo.   At my next hair appointment, I told my stylist about the experience and she wasn't surprised.   She said that Herbal Essence products were not designed for curly hair.   I was really disappointed that a company like this would come out with a product that was was actually damaging to naturally curly hair.   I went back and read the label on the bottle and there was no mention whatsoever that the shampoo shouldn't be used on certain hair types.

Smells like heaven

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

Herbal essence has been a staple shampoo for me since high school. It cleans your hair so well, no icky residues which is nice. They all are specially designed for different things and i find they more or less do what they say. The moisturizer ones are awesome the conditioner works awesome and the scent of those ones is okay nothing to awesome but I enjoy it. The volumizer is not that great i've used better brands for it, but the smell of it is just perfect it smells so fresh and lively. The scent lingers in your hair all day long so you get random sniffs of it and it just perks you up! The colour me happy is not that great, it doesn't strip your colour but it doesn't preserve it all that well either, again buy it for the scent which is berry-ish but not sickening sweet. Again it lasts all day. I would say buy herbal essence for the scents which are awesome, but not the most effective.

A brand I can trust!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

Clairol herbal essences is definitely a brand I can trust. When I go shopping for a shampoo and I see herbal essences I know that the quality will be great! My favorite thing about herbal essences shampoo is all of the different scent options. I love for my hair to smell great and all of the herbal essence shampoos achieve that! I also love that there are so many options like hydrating or volume boost! Their shampoos are so affordable too! You can easily find coupons making the product even more affordable. I also love how convenient it is to buy the product. Herbal essence shampoos are found at many grocery stores and pharmacies. I highly recommend all of the herbal essence shampoos!

A highly effective product! Always leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth. Always adds volume as well!

The best selection of scents! So wonderful. I love the way their shampoos make my hair smell.

Inexpensive shampoo with great results.

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

I had to switch shampoos a while back from Pantene. I never wanted to because the conditioner made my hair so soft. After I learned about the wax ingredient I switched to Herbal essences and I am so glad I made the switch. Not only does it smell wonderful but I like the way my hair looks and feels after I use it. You get great results for such an inexpensive price. I highly recommend this line.

I love the way mu hair looks and feels after using this product. I switched from pa gene and while herbal essences conditioner doesn't make my hair feel as soft, it does a good enough job. That is my only complaint, but I believe it doesn't have the "wax" in it so that is probably why. I feel that my hair is healthier since switching to the Herbal brand and don't believe I will ever switch back.

All of the Herbal Essences products smell wonderful, they always have. If your looking to have your hair smell great, this is a great shampoo to achieve that with.

Great inexpensive Shampoos

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

Like almost everyone I know, I really like using all types of Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo. There are certain kinds for color treated hair, long hair, and hair that tends to be frizzy. I feel like I have used every one, and they all do a great job of keeping my hair clean. They do not make my hair oily at all, and they make my hair smell great all day long. They are also gentle enough to use on color-treated hair, and these shampoos do not cause my hair color to get dull.

It's also really convenient that you can purchase these shampoo products just about anywhere. If you are ever traveling and forget your shampoo, you can stop in at any grocery store and purchase this shampoo. It is also one of the most affordable shampoos I have ever found.

These shampoo products keep my hair clean all day long. Any shampoo from Herbal Essences does not make your hair oily, and it keeps it shiny and smelling great.

Gimmicky for sales & focused less on performance

from Michigan

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

I think the herbal essences line is more about a sales gimmick than about treating dry, damaged, colored or limp hair. The products perform just o.k. but they sell well because the packaging is attractive and they look pretty or cool. The herbal essences line smells wonderful too. If you see a pretty package at the store and you are attracted to it, then you open the cap and smell it I can see how you would be hooked into buying it. Especially when the herbal essences line is always on sale somewhere. They look good and smell good and the cherry on top is that they are on sale. That is why this line is so popular in my opinion. They don't perform well long term. My hair ends up dry and limp by mid afternoon when I use these products. I would buy these products for my teenager when they are on sale. I would recommend them for someone who doesn't have problems with their hair, like my teenage daughter. In that case, it is an inexpensive option that my teenager likes.

Smells Great!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

I really love this shampoo. I first used it a few years ago and really enjoyed the scent and the way it left my hair smooth and full. I've used the Hello Hydration (blue bottle) and one in an orange bottle that is supposed to provide volume. I prefer the volume one because I have soft hair that doesn't do well with conditioners or a lot of shampoos that leave it limp. The volume Herbal Essence leaves my hair with more bounce, which I need and love.

I also like that Herbal Essence comes in different styles (hydrating, volumizing, for damaged hair, for curly hair, ect.) Clairol had provided a product that can be used by people of many different hair styles and needs. Plus, they all smell great and come in cute bottles. I love that each one is a different color, so you can easily find what you need on the shampoo aisle! I do wish that more came in the bottles, but for the price of each bottle, the amount is probably about right.

good clean, smells great

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

This is my go to shampoo. Although a drug store shampoo it has long lasting scent and cleans great. You experience a a different look with every variety of herbal. And yes its an experince in every bottle. And with it being a drugstore shaMpoo it is inexpensive.

I love the scent of Herbal Essences shampoos!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

I used Clairol's Herbal Essence Shampoo all throughout my teenage years. I really liked the scent of the shampoo. It smells like the flowers and fruit of a beautiful jungle. I really love how the scent sticks in my hair for long periods of time. It always smells wonderful until I am ready to wash my hair next. I do not use it anymore, because I found another shampoo that is better to my hair. When I was a teenager, I was not as concerned about a shampoo's quality. The scent of Herbal Essences was good enough for me to purchase the shampoo. From what I can remember, the type I bought dried out my hair a little bit and that used to annoy me. I had oily hair to begin with, so if a shampoo dries it out, that is not good. I have not tried it since then, but I would be willing to do so just because I love the scent so much.

I think that this product is effective in that it definitely got my hair clean.

The scent is entire reason I purchased this product. It is such a wonderful and delicious scent. Herbal Essences scents are definitely my favorite any of any shampoo brand.

Coconut is not for me

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

I have tired the one with coconut and it just wasn't for my hair. It has left my hair so oily it was just so frustrating what with how it seems to make my hair fall easier as well. Since my hair borders on oily hair it doesn't do so much good though I've heard from some others how it leaves their hair dry and flaky it did the opposite to me. I wouldn't really recommend it to people with my type of hair because my mother has the same type and she used it with me and for the same results.

My hair become even more oily than it has ever been, it didn't really do anything else. At first it would feel clean and when it dried it just got oily on the first day of it being washed. I also notice how my hair would seem to break easier when I brush it and I tried to detangle any tangles. Once I switched to another shampoo my hair started to not get so oily after a few days.

While the smell was good at first I started to soon get tired of it and got a headache with how the scent easily got transferred to my pillow or clothes.

Great value shampoo, sometimes drying though

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo (All Varieties):

I have tried almost all of the Herbal Essence shampoos and have always been mostly satisfied. For starters, it is a great value and very easy on the wallet. It also goes a long ways, I always find that I don't need much to work up a good lather in my hair and it does a wonderful job at cleaning. This is both a good and bad thing for me, I love a deep cleansing shampoo, however if I use it every day of the week I will end up with super dry hair, especially in the winter time. So just be aware of that if you tend to have dry hair problems. The scent is very nice, I like each one a lot. It is fresh, clean and pretty, not overpowering at all. The company has done well with the bottle designs as well, I love a product even more if it comes in attractive packaging! Overall, this is a great all around shampoo that does the job. I frequently use it in the summertime and it remains a drugstore favorite. I highly recommend using along with a strong conditioner though as I found it to be drying over time.