Other Shampoos:

Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo

Pros

Cons

wonderful

Oh my gosh! I just love Herbal Essence Shampoo and conditioner! I have used it for years. Then you came out with this line for long term relationship with your hair. My hair is fairly long and I have been dying it since I was 25 years old. I also blow dry it and use a curling iron on it daily. believe it or not I have gotten compliments on my hair since I was in high school. Everyone always ask me what shampoo and conditioner I use and when I tell them I use Herbal Essence they don't believe me. They assume that I buy high end products for my hair and are shocked to find out that I do not. Thank you for making my hair days, good hair days!

Heard It Was Great But Was Disappointed

My friend introduced me to the Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship shampoo and conditioner.  I figured I would give it a try.  I always trust her advice.  I was looking forward to trying it.  She said it kept her hair anti-frizzy and straight.  My hair is very frizzy.  I couldn't wait to try it out.  She gave me a couple of bottles to try.  Unfortunately, I was only able to try the shampoo and conditioner a couple of times.  My face was breaking out due the shampoo and conditioner.  Now, I am an Herbal Essence user.  This was something that I wasn't expecting.  I've never had a reaction like this previously.

The shampoo and conditioner was just like my friend said.  It made my hair feel great.  It wasn't frizzy.  It was actually straight!  I was so disappointed that I had a skin reaction to the shampoo and conditioner.  Like I said, I have never had a skin reaction to any Herbal Essence product.  There may be something different with this shampoo and conditioner.  It's everything you want, but be aware that it may cause skin irritation.

I love the smell of my hair after

from Brookwood Alabama

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Daily Use
    • Thinner Hair

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

I'min love with products that leave your hair smelling nicely scented!!

• Hair Type:
    • Straight Hair

Great smelling shampoo

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

I absolutely love this shampoo it leaves my hair smelling so amazing all day long. One problem I have is It doesn't seem to do anything for my dry hair but it does leave it moisturized just not enough for me. But if you are looking for a simple shampoo that smells great this is perfect and also cheap to buy. Like any other shampoo this works works even better when you use it with the conditioner. I would also recommend buying the bigger bottle as well it is a better deal and will last a lot longer. Since I go threw it pretty fast.

Works as good as any other shampoo as far as cleaning your hair and doesn't leave your hair oily. You also do not need to use a lot so it will foam up on your hair. A little goes a long way.

The smell of the shampoo leaves your hair smelling amazing all day long and so far is the best smelling shampoo in my opinion. I would recommend this brand since all of there hair care products not only smell amazing but work great.

My go to shampoo when I'm not buying salon products

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

I first tried this product when I was out of shampoo and had a buy one get one coupon. I had heard good things about this line and was interested in seeing what it would do for me. I must say, for a fairly inexpensive product line, I was quite pleased. The shampoo cleansed my hair quite well and left my hair feeling soft and nourished. I could tell there was a great deal of moisturization added to my hair even before I used the conditioner. I also loved the smell! It was fresh and pleasant but not overpowering. It also didn't linger in my hair so it didn't interfere with any of the other scents that I was wearing. The directions state that this product is most effective when used together with the conditioner and I would say that I agree. It is good on its own, but my hair looked and felt great when I used the combination of the two. I buy this product every time it is on sale or when I am out of a salon product.

This is effective and even more so when you use the products in conjunction with each other.

Refreshing and pleasant scent.

Great Shampoo

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

I really love this shampoo. I've been using it for years - even when I briefly didn't have long hair - because it smells great and makes my hair silky smooth. It is great for long hair. It keeps it healthy, and does fight damage. I used to use heat tools almost every day on my hair, and I only had a few split ends, and hardly any other damage, because I exclusively used this shampoo, and it works so great!

This shampoo is meant for long hair, which often just naturally falls victim to split ends and damage, whether or not you use heat tools. I hardly ever use heat tools, but I haven't gotten a hair cut in a while, so I have a lot of split ends. This shampoo is good - not great - at repairing split ends. It keeps my hair super healthy, but I wish it repaired my split ends a little better. I haven't been using it regularly - I've also been occasionally using other shampoos/conditioners - but when I did use it regularly and I was using heat tools almost every day, it really repaired my split ends wonderfully. It's just something that you need to use consistently to see the best results.

This shampoo smells wonderful! It smells super feminine - fruity but clean - from the combination of red raspberries and Brazilian silk.

not so great

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

The most outstanding features about Herbal Essence shampoo is that it has a very nice smell that last throughout the whole day. Herbal Essence smell alone provokes me to buy the shampoo. I wouldn't consider using this shampoo long-term because after two to three times usage, they started building up and giving a flaky and frizzy hair. I have long thick hair and instead of giving my hair a silky texture, it ended up leaving my hair quite sticky and dry. It also doesn't help with my split ends and I found out that it does make my hair fall out sometimes when I'm done rinsing it in the shower. Other members of my family also used this shampoo since they love the smell, but like me the product didn't leave such a great impression on them since the results were wary. I don't recommend using this on curly hair since it makes it more curly and frizzy. In the future, I would give Herbal Essence shampoo a try if they come out with a new better product since the smell is long-lasting and one of the best.

Clairol Long Term Relationship Shampoo

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

I am in love with Clairol Herbal Essences long term relationship shampoo! I use this shampoo on my hair almost every day since I have been trying to grow my hair out. This shampoo is specifically made for that purpose!
    This shampoo is really creamy and lathers very well. I absolutely love the scent of this shampoo! It smells really fresh and fruity, like a raspberry smell. It makes my hair smell really great all day.
    This shampoo also makes my hair extremely soft and moisturized and it has definitely helped me grow my hair out faster because it protects against all the heat styling I put my hair through. I've received so many compliments since I've started using this shampoo not only about how great my hair smells but also how soft it feels since I have been using this shampoo.
    Clairol Herbal Essences long term relationship shampoo is amazing for anyone trying to grow out their hair. I would recommend using it with the matching long term relationship conditioner to really maximize the results!

Why I ended this relationship...

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

Let me start by saying I swore by Herbal Essences for years, before I stopped using it. It just stopped being the great shampoo it was. I'm not sure if the formula changed, or what, but it started doing crazy things to my hair after using it for a couple years.

My hair is past my waist, so when I first saw a shampoo for long hair, I was thrilled. At first this shampoo was everything. I smelled great, it got my hair clean, and it was doing wonders for the overall health of my hair. I used to wash my hair every 3 or 4 days or so, and this is what I used every single time. After a couple years of use [and yes, I switched it up a few times in between] I found that this shampoo was no longer the wonderful shampoo it used to be. Rather than leaving my hair smooth and shiny, my hair was becoming more and more dry and frizzy with every use. It was to the point that my hair was actually 'crispy' sounding when I touched it, and not at the ends, either! It was frizzy and 'crispy' in the middle! I don't use heat styling tools but maybe 3 times a year and I don't EVER use hairsprays in my hair, so that was definitely not the cause of the damage. I stopped using this shampoo over 3 years ago, and my hair is STILL recovering. Please, Ladies, there is much better shampoo out there for the same price... get yourself something without all the sulfates and alcohol, it's killing your hair slowly.

Great Shampoo at a good price

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

I started buying this when I had to cut down on our budget. I chose it because it was within my price range and the bottle was appealing. I was pleasantly surprised when I used it for the first time. It smells wonderful. Your hair will smell clean and fruity. On the downside, it doesn't lather very well. You have to use a lot and the bottle isn't very big. I have long thick hair so this bottle only lasts me for a week if I wash my hair every day. It's gentle enough to use on children. I occasionally use it on my toddlers hair. My husband also enjoys the scent and always comments on how nice our hair smells after we wash it. I do wish that it would hydrate my hair a little more. My hair feels dry after I use this unless I follow with a deep conditioner. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on hair products and just need a basic shampoo, this is the best product for your money. It does the job, and will leave your hair smelling great.

its ok

from San Diego ca

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

I have long thick hair that has some waves to it so having a shampoo that kept my hair in good shape without any tangles is a must for me. The Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo is ok I really like the smells its very fruity, and I can smell it on me all day. The shampoo itself is very creamy you don't need a lot of product to get a good lather sometimes thats a problem when having long hair you end up using a lot of product. This small bottle lasted me a whole month so that was a plus for me. It did not leave any residue behind when I rinse my hair it felt very clean. I can already feel that it was softer than before it was also easy to brush through my hair without to many tangles. This shampoo has helped in my breakage problem it actually saves my hair from being overly damaged which I love. I would also recommend you use his with the other accompanying products from the long term relationship line in order to get the best results I only used the shampoo, and the conditioner that goes with it.

Yummy smell and yummy results

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo:

The first time I used a Clairol Herbal Essences product I fell in love... mostly because of great it smelled. Then once my hair dried silky smooth and actually manageable, I was hooked. I bought the Long Term Relationship Shampoo and immediately my hair was shinier, brighter, bouncier and smoother. It also smelled amazing. What is not to love about that? The bottle that it comes in is bright and cheery and makes you feel pretty cute while you're taking a shower. I also like to read the little blurbs written on the back. Usually they are a tad humorous.

I noticed immediately my once annoyingly frizzy, tangled hair was transformed into smooth and silky. Though the one thing I had against the shampoo was that it seemed my curls had disappeared which was strange. Maybe it was just me, who knows.

I cannot compliment and smooch about how great this shampoo smells... and not just this shampoo but ALL Herbal Essence products!