Other Shampoos:
Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Herbal Essences Orchid and Coconut milk smells great!

Herbal Essences Orchid and Coconut milk leaves you hair not only smelling great and hydrated. Combined with its matching conditioner you could not find a better choice for your hair. Not only does this shampoo leave your hair feeling as it should naturally feel, you also start to notice less damage-no more split ends, no dryness, no tangles, no breakage. The value is also great, you end up with salon feeling hair for much less. It is sold in various drug stores, markets and even department stores. Herbal Essences comes up with a variety of solutions to any kind of hair problems you may have. Whether you have dry, oily, curly, straight, or normal hair you can find a shampoo and conditioner for your personal needs. They all come in great scents so even if you look for shampoo for how it leaves your hair smelling, you will definitely find your match. I recommend Orchid and Coconut milk hydration for its great scent, great feeling and great price!

Hello Hydration? More like Goodbye Hydration!

I used to really love Herbal Essences' line of hair care products, so I was thrilled when I discovered the Hello Hydration line!  I have always dealt with dry hair that just soaks up moisture like a sponge, so I figured a moisturizing shampoo from one of my favorite brands would be the perfect fit.  Boy, was I wrong!

This shampoo left my hair feeling like straw.  Beware to those who actually follow the "lather, rinse, repeat" directions - you might strip every drop of natural oil from your hair in the process!  I can't imagine why they would market this as a moisturizing product.  My hair took weeks to return to normal after the abuse it underwent from Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo.  Don't even touch this stuff!

I wouldn't buy again

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

I bought into the hype with all the commercials I had seen on tv and decided to try Herbal Essence. The bottle is appealing and it does smell good but as far as washing my hair I was not impressed. It has a very thick consistency and was very goopy. I had a big glob and tried to rub it between my hands so lather on my hair and it was like goop and didn't work up a lather very well. When I put it in my hair I didn't like the feel of it and was annoyed with how thick it was. It did smell good but I was not impressed with how it did with washing my hair.

I did not enjoy washing my hair with this shampoo. It was too thick and I didn't think it did a very good job. After washing my hair with it I didn't like the way my hair felt. I almost felt like I should have washed it twice but I don't have time for that every day.

It did smell nice, which I guess is what they really push in the commercials. I think they need to spend less time on trying to make it smell nice and spend more time on making it a better product.

Pretty Good

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

This is a product that I'm not completely in love with, but I do like. I have extremely dry, damaged, frizzy hair, so I'm always looking for a product with a potent formula which will solve all my hair problems. Although this product wasn't the one stop shop for my many hair issues, I do think this would be a great product for people with normal to lightly dry hair. This shampoo does condition and hydrate, but it doesn't do a good enough job for me. All in all, this is a good shampoo for people who don't need any heavy duty solutions for their hair.

For me, this product didn't eliminate any frizz, dramatically restore my damaged hair, or add a large amount of hydration to my hair. It did add back some hydration to my hair and it also made my hair slightly smoother, but it didn't deliver the dramatic results I was looking for. That doesn't mean that this shampoo wouldn't work for people with normal or lightly dry hair. It just means it didn't really work out too well for me, because I have a multitude of severe hair concerns.

I am in love with this scent. This exotic, sweet coconut scent is amazing in every single way. I am definitely in love with the scent of this product.

Love this Shampoo

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

I love the entire Herbal Essence collection of shampoo and conditioners and the Hello Hydration is one of my regular purchases. I love the smell and softness it adds to my hair after showering with the shampoo and conditioner from this collection. As much as I do love this product though I would not put full faith in it to repair damaged hair such as split ends brittle locks. I use this most of the time but recently had some dry areas and dandruff. Therefore, I was forced to find an alternative shampoo regimen for my hair until this issue was cleared up. I found that the Head and Shoulders line worked great for dryness and dandruff. I have always had split ends and brittle hair even though I do not blow dry, color or use any styling products in it. I have yet to find a shampoo that truly lives up to the claims of repairing split ends and making hair really strong against breakage. I purchase my shampoos and stick with the Herbal Essence for its ability to make my hair soft, shiny and smell great.

Majorly frizzy

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

I do NOT like this product or the conditioner that goes with it. My hair was dry after a very harsh winter so I decided to try this product and all it did was make my hair even frizzier. I do not use a blow dryer or any other heated styling tools. The only thing nice about this product is the smell.

Hello Hydration- INDEED!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

Can I start out as a smarty pants and just say- Herbal Essences was being VERY SMART packaging Hydrating Shampoo in an aqua bottle. The bottle alone had me convinced my hair would be lush and thirst quenched.
Now down to the nitty gritty gals;
Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo REALLY REALLY works. That said, use it sparingly- it packs a punch of hydration. Too much can leave your hair feeling bogged down. I have damaged hair, I won't lie. This shampoo really helped repair my sun damage and split ends. The shampoo lathers really quickly so starting on my ends and working my way up to my scalp was never an issue (something I've run into in the past).
Also, it smells terrific. It really does make you feel like you are an Arabian goddess in the middle of the desert with long lushes locks. Scents can make or break a product for me so for me to say that is some high praise.
If you have hair damage this is a great product to try before you start investing in expensive hair masks and leave in conditioners. Both great things BUT if you can solve the problem with your regular shampooing routine, it save you time and money!

I love the fact that I can work this shampoo through my entire head with ease. Usually I either get great lather or great hydration- to get both in one product was a pleasant surprise.

Get ready to live out one of their cheesy commercials in your bathroom. Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo's scent puts a pep into my step- I kid you not.

hydrates but in one day your hair will be oily.

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

It worked for me the day that I washed my hair but when I woke up the next day my hair felt oily and greasy. I hope that for others it worked because I have used other Herbal Essences that have worked. If think that it is the product for you then try it. If it does not work I suggest that you try another one of their products till you find the one that works just right for you. It is a good brand and has a fancy bottle.

All of Herbal Essences products smell wonderful.

Finally Settled for Hello Hydration

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

My quest for a perfect shampoo finally settled when I purchased Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration for the first time. It is an international product and in fact I started using it while I was in India. It makes my hair smooth and soft keeping it hydrated until I use it again. Keeping the scalp hydrated is very important and this shampoo does a lot of justice to that.

Good results and holds good for more than 3 days!

Now even my husband wants it because it smells good and has a nice color ;)

Hello Hydration- Great price for great hair with issues

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

This shampoo is amazing for the price, and you can find coupons for this product online and in local Sunday news papers. My hair looks and feels so much better since I've been using it. I have bought much more expensive shampoos and the don't work as good as this one. My hair is thick and dry and curly this truly is the best I have found for softer hair. I would recommend this for almost all hair types. (thick, curly, dry, processed, damaged colored.). You will see a difference after the first time you shampoo.

Very effective, it keeps hair manageable and hydrated and frizz free all day. Great for dry or damaged hair. Use with the hydration conditioner and really se a difference. My hair is curly and the shampoo and conditioner together really helps with frizz and dryness.

Very welcoming, refreshing smell of coconut and floral that lasts throughout the day. The scent lasts like the more expensive brands. Very long lasting.

Love this brand

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

Herbal Essences is one of two brands I use on a regular basis. I change up my brands just to keep my hair from getting residue build up, but I really love these shampoos. I like to use the Hello Hydration line, particularly in the winter months. It leaves my hair so soft and smooth! I do not use a lot of color treatments on my hair, nor do I get perms. As a result, my hair stays in overall pretty good shape so I cannot speak to how well this really moisturizes on damaged hair. However, I go quite awhile between cuts, and do not notice split ends, broken hairs or other damage that I used to find when I used cheaper shampoos.

Always, leaves my hair with that nice clean, soft feeling.

I love the scent on all the Herbal Essences shampoos. It stays with my hair for awhile and I get pleasant whiffs for hours! I even used this product when I was pregnant and the scents did not bother me at all.

great shampoo

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo:

I've loved this shampoo (and the matching conditioner) for a really long time. I go through a lot of different shampoos and conditioners because I get sick of them quickly and I feel like changing it up a bit helps keep my hair smoother without feeling build up etc. I also try to get deals on things and don't like spending too much money on things, including shampoos and conditioners. This shampoo has a very fair price and depending where you buy it the stores usually also have coupons and deals to get it even cheaper.

The shampoo does a great job at keeping my hair moisturized. Even during winter it doesn't get too dried out like many shampoos do. I can also usually use an entire bottle without feeling the need to switch shampoo brands. With a lot of shampoos, usually half way through the bottle I get a lot of build up in my hair (I have long wavy hair, which may impact that).

The scent is a very light and refreshing scent which I love. It's exactly like the conditioner. It's not really strong and it's not too perfumey. It also doesn't smell to "soapy," which is nice.