Other Hair Conditioners:
Clairol

Pros

Cons

Clairol Hello Hydration Moisturizes the Hair and Scalp

I can’t speak for everyone, but my hair does need a little bit of conditioner every now and then. I don’t need to use it very frequently because my hair is short and even on a bad day, the problems are not very noticeable. But I still like to use some conditioner and one brand I have used with a good deal of success is Clairol Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner.

Conditioner Facts and Commentary:

Clairol Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner is a thick, white- colored conditioner with a tinge of blue. The conditioner has a pleasant, soap- like, coconut- like smell that should be acceptable to most consumers.

Clairol Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner is accurately named in the sense that it adds a good deal of moisture to the hair and scalp. In fact, some might worry that the level of moisture goes too far and this is particularly true if, like me, your hair is short. I say this because the excess moisture tends to make my hair look flat and weighed down and this is why I am careful to use only a very small amount. As long as I kept the usage in check, the results are very good and my dry scalp enjoys some temporary relief.

Clairol Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner makes the hair feel very soft and a large bottle is less expensive than most other conditioners. It is easy to find, too, and can be spotted quickly on the store shelves due to its blue- colored bottle.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

My bottom line with Clairol Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner is that it works very well at adding moisture to the hair and scalp but that it shouldn’t be used too much due to its tendency to go too far in the moisture/conditioning. It is less expensive than most and when value is considered, it is one of the better conditioners on the market.

This is an effective conditioner for occasional use and it really does add a good deal of moisture to hair.

The coconut- enhanced scent is pleasant and agreeable.

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner

I am not a huge fan of this conditioner. The bottle is very bright and eye catching and has unique shape. It caught my attention so I thought I would give it a try since I have very dry hair from all the coloring over the years. It really made my hair greasy and limp after using it. It smells great, but left my hair too oily. There are much better products out there for the same amount of money. I have used lots of different Herbal Essence products over the years and most of them I have been very pleased with, but this is one Herbal Essence product that I will not be buying again.

This conditioner did a good job of hydrating my very dry hair, but it left my hair very oily and heavy feeling. I have very thin, dry, colored hair and I thought this would be a good product to rehydrate my hair. I didn't like the way it made my hair feel.

I do like the way this conditioner smells. It has a very tropical scent that makes your hair smell clean and fresh.

Great

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner:

This Herbal Essences Conditioner claims that it is a moisturizing conditioner and after use, it is aptly named Hello Hydration. The best thing is that it provides hydration without being too oily in the process. Usually I only use shampoo because some conditioners tend to over moisturize and leaves my hair too frilly. This fortunately doesn't do that and provides just the right amount of moisture, shine, and bounce. For curly hair like mine, it's great because it is lightweight. Likewise, it also works as a great detangler because it's not heavy and it's safe enough to use every day without damaging your hair. Like most Herbal Essences brand products, it smells great and leaves a very comfortable and non overpowering smell after you're finished washing. The product says it is made out of orchid and coconut milk and you can definitely smell hints of it. You can pair it up with the coconut milk shampoo so you won't have differing smells if you want.

Nice product, smells good, fair price

Overall I would say that this conditioner is alright. My experience using it was neither disappointing nor phenomenal. I recommend only for certain hair types.

I tried this conditioner because it said that it was going to hydrate my hair but didn't quite do that. I wouldn't say that it is any different than any other moisturizing conditioner out there. It just smells nice and claims to really hydrate. I've seen better results from cheaper brands of conditioner. Then again, hair types are different everywhere. I have very thick curly frizzy unmanageable hair, so this may work better on a different hair type. It left my hair feeling like it wasn't clean enough. It isn't a bad product, but it isn't the right one for me.

I like most of the smells that herbal essences has. My only issue with it is that it seems to be heavily scented. The scent stays in my hair and I like that, but I do not like having that much smell as I'm washing my hair.

Smells great and feels awesome

I really love using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner. It smells great and the scent stays in my hair almost all day. It helps keep my hair feeling healthy and manageable, which is a bit of a challenge as I have very fine, dry, and brittle hair naturally. The only real downside I've found with using the Herbal Essences line of products it that it washes out hair color exceptionally quickly. I've dyed my hair in the past with permanent color only to have it fade out in approximately six weeks. Other people that I know have used the same brand of dye and had it last at least six months making me think my issue was related to the shampoo/conditioner combo that I was using. Overall though I would still recommend this product as its a decent value and does a good job on non-color treated hair.

Frequently friends and family members tell me that my hair smells good after I use this product.

Herbal Essences Conditioner Good for Daily Use

from Louisiana

Clariol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner is one that I use on a daily basis. The price is great in comparison to other conditioners and it works just as well as more expensive brands. The Hello Hydration formula works wonders on my long, coarse hair. It leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth and it helps to fight off dryness, which is a problem since I live in South Louisiana. This conditioner has a nice fruity smell and does a great job of detangling hair. You only need to condition it once and it is done. Another plus is that it doesn't leave my hair oily after using. I have noticed that after a few months of using the product, it loses its effectiveness in my hair, so I have to switch to a different brand for a while before I can use this again. I love grabbing Hello Hydration when I need a cheap conditioner. It pairs well with the Hello Hydration shampoo. I would recommend this product to anyone.

This Moisturizing Conditioner Will Help Your Dry Hair

from Stockton, CA

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner is a conditioner that I would recommend for dry hair. My hair gets dry sometimes when I have been out in the sun too long. My hair also gets dry when I blow dry it too much. I don't like to walk outside when it is windy. The wind dries out my hair. This conditioner helps me with these problems. It makes my hair soft and smooth after a few uses. It gives my hair volume too. If I blow dry my hair after using this conditioner my hair becomes bouncy. Unfortunately, my hair is not as shinny as I would like it to be after using this. This conditioner has a nice fragrance. It is not a strong scent. I wouldn't call the fragrance a favorite scent of mine, but it smells fresh. I like the texture of this conditioner because it is not too thick. It comes in a pretty container with a lot of conditioner in it. It will probably last me a year or so. I like the price of this product because it is fair. Overall, this conditioner works great on my hair when it is dry, so it's worth a try.

Definitely very moisturizing

from Colorado Springs, CO

This is not my favorite conditioner. At least for my hair type, it's not one I could use every day. It's meant to be not just a conditioner, but a moisturizing conditioner according to the name. I have somewhat greasy hair already, so it just gives me too much moisture and makes my hair limp. If you have really dry hair, it would probably be great for you. I do like the way it smells and the way the bottle is designed-so none gets wasted! It is a nice cream consistency and applies to your hair nicely. I don't like how they dye it blue-it's very unnecessary to add dyes to a hair product. The shampoo that goes along with this is, in my opinion, plenty moisturizing enough so there is no need for a conditioner. If you only use conditioner occasionally, this would be a good option as the effects will last a long time in your hair. Overall, I would choose something else, especially for my greasy hair.

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner

Excellent for the winter time!

I had a really good experience with this moisturizing conditioner. I have incredibly long and thick hair. Therefore, it is really hard to keep hydrated during the winter months. The cold air and lack of moisture takes a lot out of my hair. I started using this conditioner during the winter months and saw big improvement. It really worked to moisturize my hair and make it look soft. It made it easy to brush and limited my tangles. I did have to use a large amount of it each time. However, my hair is pretty thick. Overall, it was a great experience. I will definitely be using this conditioner again in the winter months. I would highly recommend trying this conditioner if you need hydration restored to your hair.

It was highly effective for me. It really did hydrate my hair. The moisture to it was restored and it looked really soft and smooth. I would give it a perfect score but I had to use a lot of it each time to get it to be effective.

The scent is great and it leaves your hair smelling nice throughout the day.

Hydrates well but not as good as some other products

from Philadelphia, PA

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner works well but I much prefer some other conditioners.
This product will hydrate your hair but is a rather thin conditioner and doesn't stick as well as I would like. It doesn't seem to want to soak into my hair and rinses out very quickly. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but since my hair is so long I prefer to have a thicker conditioner that sticks better so I don't need to use as much.
This conditioner does have one feature I love to see in both shampoo's and conditioners, but it is all the more important for the traditionally thicker conditioner - what is this feature? The cap on the bottom!! No need to wait for it to settle on the bottom or shake it vigorously to get the conditioner to come out, it is ready and waiting for you at the cap whether it is full or nearly empty. The one downfall of the bottom-cap is that they can have a tendency to leak but this one does not, even though it is a lever style it closes tightly and I have not have any leaking problems with it.

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner is an effective conditioner but it is thin and I feel like I need to use a lot of it.

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner smells pretty good but not as delightful as some other conditioners.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner

This is a wonderful conditioner for a great price. Herbal essences is not thought to be a premium brand, but they sure know how to make great hair products. First off, the names of their products are so clever, that is what caught my attention for this conditioner in the first place. The variety of colors and shapes of the bottles also make their products stand out on the shelf. This particular conditioner is a welcome change to others. It has the most wonderful texture, almost silk like, not to thick, not too watery, just perfect for moisturizing the ends of the hair. Another interesting thing about this conditioner is the color, it appears to be blue! The scent is coconut, but I think it could be stronger, some of the Suave products have a much stronger scent. This is really great for daily use or I prefer to shampoo every other day and use conditioner daily. It is easy to apply and rinses out well, leaving no residue, only soft silky hair that smells great. Wonderful conditioner for a reasonable price. Two thumbs up!!