Other Shampoos:
Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner

Pros

Cons

Feel like you're in a hair commercial

Herbal Essences is such a great product that I can write about both the shampoo and conditioner and have the same great things to say about them.  If you are a Herbal Essence fan you know that not too long ago they put out a new look for their hair products.  Among cutesy little phrases, they also have some great new fragrances with the same old great results.

My favorite is the shampoo and conditioner that is fused with orchid and coconut milk.  It smells great and last a long time after your hair is dry.  Whip your hair around and get a great refreshing whiff of it.

My hair is so picky that after I finish a bottle of shampoo or conditioner I have to switch to another product.  But once that other product is done I always come back to Herbal Essence.  I absolutely love it.

These two products moisturize and replenish your hair leaving it smooth, silky, soft and smelling great.

Its like Washing with Hair Gel

I am proud to say that I give all products a fair chance. This one I gave far too long on. After I moved into a new home I bought this from a convenience store as it was quick and what seemed to be the most popular in the shampoo isle as it had the most facings, and as I've been in retail long enough, know that's a good sign. In my case, not so much. The shampoo and conditioning experience was fine, everything lathers and as I saw it at the time, conditions. Once dried, however, hair feels sticky and heavy, especially near the roots. So I tried it again the next day, rinsing longer, only to find the same results. I tried blow drying it, which only served to keep it from frizzing as badly as it had the first two days, but the shampoo did nothing to maintain the frizz as far as I saw. It also dried my hair out after about 2 weeks of use and it began to become oily a few hours after shampooing. The first product I've had in a LONG time that I never finished.

Its like Washing with Hair Gel

from Illinois

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Smells Great

Cons

• Doesn't Work
  • Dries-Out Hair
  • Heavy
  • Sticky

• Curly Hair

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

• Hair Type:
  • Wavy Hair

Hydrating and it smells good? I'm hooked!

I love this product! I have category 4 hair, and it loves this.
This product has given my hair life. I remember looking everywhere for a shampoo that would hydrate my hair enough so that it's in better condition. When I found this, I just had to get it. It's shampoo AND conditioner, I just had to have it. Although I still use a conditioner after using this, I still love this product. The first day I used it, my hair was glowing (even though it is a dark brown).

I wasn't really sure if I was supposed to leave the product in my hair for an extended amount of time since it has conditioner in it, so I just use a separate conditioner. However, this product does its' job wonderfully. I just wish it was sulfate-free. That would make this product a 10, and that's the only thing keeping it from being a 10. Otherwise that, it's hydrating, it cleans my hair, it makes my hair soft, and it smells divine. I cannot complain!

The scent is AMAZING! I absolutely LOVE the smell.

Great smell

I love the smell of the Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo plus conditioner. I started using this product because if that. I have long hair that tends to be on the dry side. When using the shampoo, i found i only needed a small amount and it has great lather. My hair started to feel smooth before i rinsed it. I love not having to use 2 different bottles of shampoo and conditioner. My hair smells great. My hair feels smooth, fresh and clean. It doesn't feel as dry as it usually does. I think the shampoo has given my hair more life. I would recommend to use it to anyone in need of a little hydration for their hair. The shampoo is priced great and comes in a good size bottle. The look of the bottle is great as well it is a pretty blue and not boring at all.

Love the scent! I always smell before i buy and that is what turned me onto the Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo. It is fresh and not flowery.

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2 in 1

I love how the Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner is a 2 in 1 product. I always love 2 in 1 products since they help save both time and money. I use 2 in 1 shampoos and conditioners on my daughter. She hates having her hair washed and brushed and fights me all the time about it. Her hair gets so tangled and knotted that I have to use a conditioner in her hair to help get the knots out but trying to shampoo and then condition her hair just makes her even more mad. So having a 2 in 1 that has both shampoo and condition in it helps not only save me time and money but helps me get the conditioner I need in her hair at the same time I wash it. Which helps save me from some of the screaming and crying. One thing I love about this condition is the scent. It contains Hawaiian coconut and orchid. It is a wonderful combination. I have always been a big fan of coconut and this has a nice coconut scent that you can lightly smell on your hair after you have rinsed it out. The shampoo is very hydrating and the conditioner leaves your hair soft and helps to get the tangles out.

Two in the bottle, One in my heart.

from Modesto, CA

I always find myself trying Herbal Essence products every now and again, some are a hit and some are a miss. This product was one that was a hit. It lathers nicely and it does what it says it will! I was pleasantly surprised considering the low cost of this product, and the fact that it is a two in one I was not expecting much. But it lived way past my expectations. Aside from it doing what it needs to it adds some flair to my bathroom. Herbal Essence products always have fun colorful packaging so I don't just have a boring bottle sitting by my sink or in my shower, and they always smell so wonderful! This bottle is very compact and doesn't take up much room, which I will admit, I was thankful for. My shower does not have a lot of room for bottles to be sitting on. Since this is a two in one product I usually do couple it with a leave in conditioner for added softness, but man this stuff really takes care of my frizz thanks to that added hydration! I would recommend this to any of my friends or just anyone(!) that is looking for an affordable shampoo that does as advertised!

Does not detangle long hair well

from San Antonio, TX

I like the Clairol Herbal Essences line for the most part. The shampoos and conditioners are thick, rich, and creamy and easily work up into a luxurious lather, and this shampoo is no exception. Hello Hydration 2 in 1 shampoo plus conditioner is a pretty good product considering it is a combination of the cleaning and conditioning elements. Personally, I have found that the Hello Hydration combination of both shampoo and conditioner together does not work nearly as well as shampoo and conditioner separately. Maybe it saves a little time to use this one hair product in the shower instead of the separate shampoo and conditioner, but the extra two minutes of time isn't worth the compromise in quality. Especially if you have long hair, the conditioner component in this product doesn't detangle or smooth hair as well since it rinses out with the shampoo. The Hello Hydration scent isn't my favorite--it's a little too cloying for my tastes. After use, my hair is difficult to comb through and full of tangles. If you have long hair, I recommend trying something else.

Not as hydrating as I'd hoped

from Berkeley, CA

I had high hopes for Herbal Essences' line of Hello Hydration hair products. I have curly/wavy hair which is often dry and frizzy, and it can take a seriously moisturizing product to treat my curls nicely. This combo has a thick and creamy look, and I had hoped that would mean a deep, rich, moisturizing product, but it didn't do it for me. My hair felt oddly stripped of moisture after I used it, which was not what I was going for. It's probably no worse than ordinary hair products for curls, but it doesn't go above and beyond when it comes to moisture, like you might expect from the name.

That said, if you're looking for a basic hair product, this may do it for you. It does have an excellent scent that lingers on the hair for a while, so if you want a fairly reasonablly priced drugstore product with a nice scent and no particular moisturizing properties, you may still enjoy this.

The Best Herbal Essences 2 in 1 Shampoo+Conditioner!

This is my favorite 2 in 1 shampoo available anywhere! The smell of coconuts works great at relieving stress and leaves my hair smelling like a tropical retreat. I have purchased Herbal Essences for many years and this is without a doubt my absolute favorite shampoo they make! It provides a deep clean but also packs plenty of moisture and does not leave your hair dry or lacklustre. My hair feels like I've both shampooed and conditioned. Overall, I would highly recommend this great 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner to everyone of all hair types (male or female) and especially to anyone who doesn't have very much time to work with in a hectic morning and just wants to jump in and out of the shower looking great. If you love the smell of coconuts, you will fall in love with this great product. It is very affordable and super easy to find!

This is an extremely effective 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner that leaves hair smelling and feeling great in minutes!

My favorite scent, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration whisks you away to a tranquil island full of coconut trees and sunshine!

I like this, but not enough for me to buy again

First off, I mostly use moisturizing shampoos, and I like to switch it up so I have tried many. It feels no different than dove, head and shoulders, or suave products of similar purpose. It smells nicer and is cuter looking, which are probably the only distinctions. The 2 in 1 is useful for traveling, however is not particularly better for everyday use.

It is on the same level as comparable products in terms of cleaning and moisturizing. It doesn't make my scalp itch and dry out, and it doesn't make my hair feel like straw, so it is perfectly up to standard just not superior. However, like all shampoos, I still have to apply conditioner even if it's 2 in 1. On the plus side, it is moisturizing enough to take some on a trip (without conditioner) if you need to conserve space.

I love the smell of this shampoo. It's sort of tropical rainforest, and it's a pretty blue color which is fun.

Clairol Herbal Essences 2 in 1 is really an excellent product.

from Sulphur Springs, TX

I really saw a big difference in my hair when using this shampoo and conditioner. I happen to be staying at my parents one weekend and had to borrow some shampoo and conditioner. My mom had some Clairol herbal Essences 2 in 1 and I had never tried this shampoo and conditioner. I was really surprised how soft and shiny it made my hair on the first usage. I don't wash my hair and rinse and then wash again and rinse. I only wash it once and rinse. The Clairol herbal essence shampoo and conditioner was very effective with cleaning and making my hair feel really good. So, I decided to go and buy the Clairol Herbal Essences 2 in 1 when I returned home. Even after six months of using Clairol herbal Essences my hair is still soft and more manageable. This product is one of my favorites.

Very Effective even when you only wash and rinse once.

Not to overpowering, very fresh smelling.