Other Shampoos:
Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo

Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo

Pros

Cons

an inexpensive shampoo that works great on colored hair

I am happy to be able to write a review on **Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo. **I have been using this product for a couple of years now and I am completely happy with it. It is a very good shampoo for the price and the smell of it is absolutely fantastic! My husband has even told me several times that my hair smells great and that he likes the smell of this shampoo. I actually started using the Herbal Essences hair color first and then decided to use the **Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo **and conditioner because i thought it would be better for my hair color if i used a shampoo that was made for color treated hair and since it is the same brand as my hair color i felt it would compliment the hair color and work well with it. I am very happy with the Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo. It has a great smell, it makes my hair very soft and it cleans my hair nicely. I would recommend this product to anyone that is looking for an inexpensive shampoo for color treated hair that works great. I just wish that it really would " color me happy".

not for continuous use

I use Herbal Essences Color Enhancing shampoo on occasion.  I found that it really dried out my hair if I used it for more than 3 days in a row.  I do love the scent, it smells so fresh.  I receive many complements from my husband and sons regarding my hair.  The fresh scent does last throughout the day.  I wish it had more of a conditioning effect, as my hair starts to feel brittle after just a couple of uses.  It helps that I alternate another shampoo or two.  This is not the only brand that has this issue for me.  It will not deter me from future use, I am just careful to not overuse this product.  The price is fair, and does the same job as the pricey, salon versions.  I also like the fact that I can usually find on-line and store coupons for Herbal Essence Shampoos.  I have tried their conditioners and found them to be adequate, not amazing, but adequate.  Again, these products are readily available and priced competitively.  I would recommend this product for occasional use.

Reliable Shine, Satisfaction

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

I first used 'Herbals Essence' brand 30 years ago and loved it. I have used 'Color Me Happy' for years. This shampoo is with paying extra money for because of the dependable bounce, shine, fullness, and protection of the individual hair it delivers to your hair. 'Color Me Happy' is to be used on colored hair. Other shampoos are harsh, strip the color from your hair within several washings. 'Color Me Happy' enhances the color, emphasizes highlights, and the color stays in your hair longer. Only when your hair grows naturally and your roots show can anyone ever know that your hair is dyed. This shampoo protects hair coloring from being washed away, long after your roots grow out. If you don't have you hair colored again, at that point, your hair looks funny, but that's how good this shampoo is at maintaining added hair coloring. 'Color Me Happy' Shampoo also has a matching conditioner.

Moisturizes your hair and protects the added hair coloring-gently washes your hair without erasing the hair coloring. Hair coloring last longer.

'Color Me Happy' has a fantastic floral scent.

Reasonably priced, solid shampoo for color treated hair

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

Herbal Essences Color me happy shampoo is a tremendous product for the price. It has a beautiful smell and helps seal my color beyond my expectation. I find this product to not dry out my hair like other shampoos, but it actually feels softer and healthier when I use it. It lathers up well in my hair and easily washes out without feeling a residue that is left over from other shampoos- especially color specific shampoos. For the budget conscious girl with color treated hair- this is the shampoo for you! The Shampoo does exactly what it promises.

This shampoo definitely helps my color treated hair keep its color longer that most other shampoos created for color treated hair. A huge benefit is this one leaves your hair felling extra healthy and soft.

I love the smell of this shampoo- although I would love it to last just a little bit longer than it does. My hair smells absolutely wonderful.

I LOVE HERBAL ESSENCES

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

I am a person in denial about aging and color my hair. It is very difficult to find shampoos and conditioners that don't strip your color. I have rediscovered Herbal Essences. I loved the fragrance afforded by the Herbal Essences line when I was young and did not color my hair. I was excited when Herbal Essences came out with this product especially for color treated hair types. This shampoo smells wonderful true to the Herbal Essences product line of hair care products. I use this shampoo daily and have found it does not strip my hair of it's grey covering color treatments. It does tend to build up a little bit, which is solved by switching up shampoos for one day a week.

Herbal Essences shampoo Color Me Happy has helped to extend the life, and length of time between my color treatments, helping to save me money, I see this as a double bonus.

As indicated by the name Herbal Essences, Color Me Happy has a wonderfully clean, fragrant flowery smell , but is a light fragrance that does not over power.

Nice Shampoo

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

Color Me Happy is an affordable, name brand shampoo offering a great scent, plenty of lather and an advancement in the health of your hair. Just a small amount makes a rich lather, and you can really feel the shampoo tingly as you clean your hair.
There's a conditioner to match this shampoo, and using them together ensures silky soft and smooth hair.
This shampoo is lightweight so it will not weigh the hair down, and it really helps add great shine that will make your hair look its best. And, I love the fact that it helps me to control fly away hair and frizz. My hair is terrible, especially when it is rainy or humid outside, but this shampoo comes in and offers it a boost of help.

This is a nice shampoo, affordably priced that leaves your hair looking and feeling spectacular.

Leaves hair soft, frizz free and more manageable

the Herbal Essences shampoo smells great!

Great shampoo but didn't notice any color protection

from West Virginia

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

This shampoo is supposed to help keep your colored hair vibrant and keep from stripping color out of your hair. It claims that it's more gentle and will allow you to keep your color glowing weeks longer but I just don't see it. It didn't help my color at all. It surely didn't hurt it either though on that note.

The shampoo gets a really good lather and rinses out very easily. It seems to get into every strand and I notice it moisturizes more than others and doesn't dry my hair out.

It also has a nice scent. The scent seems to be deposited and locked into every lock as well. It has a very feminine, floral, fruity smell. It's not very guy friendly. That's one of my main concerns with all products because in my two person household, all products are fair game.

Also, I love the bottle design because you can turn it upside down so all the product can be gotten out. Bottle design is always a big deal for me and the bottle is recyclable.

It does a great job of cleansing, moisturizing, keeping dandruff down, and lathers and has a nice scent. On a downfall though, it doesn't help color as it claims to do. It doesn't hurt it but it certainly doesn't protect it or lock it in for any extra weeks.

The scent is amazing. It's very fruity/floral mix but it's definitely feminine. It locks scents into my hair for several days. It's definitely a great smell and it works best with the matching conditioner.

Moderately protects color.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

This is not the best color-protecting shampoo that I have used, but for the price I'd say that it is pretty good. It's very cheap and gets the job done. It doesn't fade my hair as fast as much as normal shampoos, even when my hair was dyed jet black. I'd estimate it as giving me probably two or three more washes with brighter color than a regular shampoo. It has helped when my hair was even dyed bright red with semi-permanent dye. It is a little drying but not too bad. My long hair feels a little crispy when I use this if I don't use enough conditioner. It washes oil away very well. I have put olive oil on both my scalp and length of my hair and this washed it out completely. It cleanses chlorine out of my hair when I use it after I've gone swimming and it totally gets rid of the chemical smell. It smells really nice, fruity and tropical. The bottle is really cute and looks nice in my shower. I have not had trouble opening the top at all.

Could be better.

Gets rid of chlorine scent.

Not Impressed

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

I tried Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo recently for the first time mainly because it was on sale. I chose the Color Me Happy version since I do color my hair, but I was not happy. I have thick hair and normally do not have an issue with lack of body, but this shampoo left my hair flat and hard to manage. I did not use the product long enough to comment on whether or not it helps protect color-treated hair because I went back to using my regular shampoo before I completed the one bottle of Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo. I have never liked Clairol's suggestive commercials that really give little useful information other than the fact that this line of shampoo is supposed to be known for its fragrance, but I honestly did not notice anything special about the "essence". I even thought the texture and thickness of the product was substandard. I will not be using this product again.

I have used Herbal Essence Products for years

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

I have used Herbal Essence products for years. I decided I would try out color me happy after getting my hair highlighted. In my opinion Herbal essence shampoos and conditioners don't hold much difference in the results of your hair based on type. Whether I used color me happy or long lasting relationship there was not a difference in how my hair reacted. Overall I spent so many years using herbal essence products simply because of smell. I have now realized while herbal essence is very cost effective it isn't the most beneficial choice for texture, shine, and color. I have decided to spend a little more on something that I can notice more.

It cleaned my hair and left it smelling nice but it did not prolong the life of my color treatment in my hair.

I do always enjoy the smell of Herbal essence color me happy shampoo. It reminds me of Herbal Essence previous scent, Rose.

Good for the money

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

I've been using Herbal Essence Color Me Happy Shampoo for a while now and I'm happy with the results. I have to color my hair every month to cover up my gray roots and my hair becomes dry and damaged very easily because of it. Also, because I have dark hair my roots are quite noticeable so I was looking for a shampoo that could help the hair color last longer and fade slower in between dye jobs. The price of this shampoo was very reasonable so I gave it a try. It left my hair clean and smooth from day one. I also noticed that my hair color took longer to fade. Instead of my roots becoming noticeable within a couple of weeks, they didn't seem to show until closer to 4 weeks after my last dye job, which is quite an improvement. My hair didn't seem as dry or damaged either after using the shampoo for a week. I was able to comb through my hair with very few tangles or knots, if any at all and my hair looked healthier when dry.

This shampoo is effective at slowing down the fading process when using hair dye and keeping the color looking vibrant longer.

I absolutely love the scent of all Herbal Essence products including this shampoo.

Great Shampoo! Works and Smells Great!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo:

I absolutely love Herbal Essence's Color Me Happy Shampoo! I dye my hair and I would notice the color would fade very quickly. I tried this shampoo and was very pleased with the results. I also used the Color Me Happy Conditioner to go with it. My hair color lasted much longer than with other shampoos. There was also an increased shine and softness to it. As usual with Herbal Essence products, the scent is awesome. It is not at all overpowering, and my hair smells as clean and fresh the next morning as it did when I first washed it. Another great plus is the price! It is very affordable, even if you are on a tight budget. It's an absolutely great product and I would definitely recommend it!

This product works great. My hair color lasts much longer than with other shampoos. Hair is also soft, smooth, and very manageable. There is nothing negative I can say about this product!

The scent is absolutely wonderful as with all of Herbal Essence's products. The smell is not overpowering. Truly great!