Other Cycling & Biking Equipment:

Citizen Bike Folding Bike

The worst bike

from Albany, CA

Comments about Citizen Bike Folding Bike:

I' ve had Citizen Tokyo bike for one year. I ride it every day (8-10 miles) in San Francisco. Even though the bike looks decent and has nice features (fenders, carrier rack), the quality of components is essentially a disaster. Here is the list of things that broke in the first 2-3 months: one pedal broke in half (the metal part that connects the pedal to the crank), side wall of one of the tires disintegrated, both front and rear bearings wore out and had to be replaced, bell did not work from the start, rear carrier rack cracked in half, bearings in the bottom bracket turned into gel and the whole bottom bracket had to be replaced. There is rust all over the bike. Pretty much every other week I had to do some major repair. By now, most components are replaced with better quality ones. There is a design flaw in the rear axle that leads to excessive free play of the rear wheel. I cannot figure out a way to fix it. The second pedal is wobbly and I expect it to fall off any time soon. The connection between the front handbar and the fork is loose which makes it a thrilling ride down the hills. The bike is pathetically slow. However, you can take it on the train / bus which is very helpful. And once you replace most components, it will take you from point A to point B. However, I recommend to stay away from it and buy a better brand.

See other review under Citizen folding bike

from new york, NY

Comments about Citizen Bike Folding Bike:

Please refer to my review. I really just wanted to get the word out about these bikes. I bought these because of price and they have nearly cost me double to retail cost becuase of all the trips to the bikes shop and things I needed done.  Never buy a folding bike becuase itsinexpensive no matter what the testimonials say..avoid these bikes and buy something else.

Poorly made with safety issues

from new york, NY

Comments about Citizen Bike Folding Bike:

Bought three( Citizen bikes) for my family, one came in a damaged box and that was just the begining.Had numerous trips the bike shop on brand news bikes for tires fixes, brakes that didn't workand more. Had a crank(peddle) arm fall off during a ride. My kids bike handles keep slipping (very dangerous)All from Brand new bikes. I would avoid citizen bikes, go buy something decent alsofolding bikes are not as convenient at least to this reviewer as one would think. Avoid.