Other Credit Cards:

Citi - Dividend World MasterCard

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Best CASH BACK credit card I have found!

I have had and been regularly using my Citi Card for several years now. At first we got 5% cash back from grocery stores, pharmacies, and gas stations and 1% everywhere else. When looking at the bulk of our purchases most of them were form the 5% category so it was a perfect fit for us. We get paid to use the convience of this credit card. We do not however carry a balance. We pay off our credit card each month, so it really PAYS us to use it. After a few years it changed from 5% to 2% or 3% (I can't remember.) We still get paid to use it and we just deposit the checks that they send us into our savings account. We have always had great experiences when calling customer service and the statements are very easy to read and very user freindly. It is very straight forward about getting the cah back and it is not tied up into points only redeemable for certain items. We can get online to pay our bill or view purchases. It is more convenient than ever before.

Dividends

I have been a holder of the Citi MasterCard for over two decades. Citi Mastercard is a good card to have. Citi MasterCard allows you to earn money back on your purchases. I recently received a check for $50. I misplaced the check. Citi Mastercard displayed exemplary customer service and issued another rewards check. Having this card is a great way to build a good credit history. Citi MasterCard gives 1% back on every purchase! The card is nationally recognized and accepted everywhere. Another benefit is the Citi MasterCard does not have an annual fee. Very low balance transfer fee of 3%. For each balance transfer, you need to pay 3% of the amount you transfer as fees, or $5 minimum. Some credit cards charge up to 5% balance transfer fee. The card also allows access to a wide variety of promotions and discounts. When you buy things using your Citi Card, most of the items are eligible for protection against theft, fire or accidental breakage. For most items purchased on your Citi card, the original manufacturers’ U.S. warranties may be extended up to one more year. The Citi card provides travel insurance. Which includes emergency assistance and medical assistance. Family members are automatically covered for Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance. The travel insurance also gives you assistance if you lose any of your baggage when traveling. If you rent a car with this Citi card and damage the car in an accident, you don’t have to worry about the cost of repair since this card also includes auto rental insurance.

Love this card

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

I definitely give Citicards a 10 out of 10! This is an awesome card and it is my favorite to use next to USAA. I have never had a problem with using this card anywhere. There are never any hidden fees or miscellaneous charges like some other companies. I give customer service a 10 because I have rarely ever had to call them! When I did, they helped me courteously and quickly, and my problem was solved with little headache. I also love this company because if you opt out of allowing your card to charge above the limit, no matter what you will not get a fee! This is awesome for people who cannot keep good track of their purchases to the exact amount because you will not get a hefty fee for surpassing your limit in the rare case a purchase would bring your balance past the limit.

Available Rates
I have seen slightly better rates with other companies, but this is still in the top three for best competitive rates.

Review of Citi Dividend World Master Card

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

The overall rating for Citi Dividend World Master Card is well above average due to their great customer service, competitive interest rates, their innovative rewards program, and for being an overall great card. I would highly recommend this card to anyone who needs a good overall card for everyday use either in their business or for personal purposes.

Customer Service
The customer service of Citi World Dividend Master Card is well above average. I can always either get a customer service representative either on-line or on the phone and they are always kind and knowledgeable. The wait times are also reasonable. The customer service representatives are also empowered to make decisions and to reduce your fees if justified.

Available Rates
The Citi World Dividend Master Card rates are reasonable and competitive compared to other similar cards. Also, if you have a late fee or some other fee they will sometimes waive this fee if it is the first time this situation has occurred.

• Available Rates:

Not the greatest card to sign up for

from Westchester, NY

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

I really do not like having this card with Citi. A few years back I was 2 hours late on a payment and they shot my interest rate from 17 to 25. I had been with them for a couple years at the time and was on time with every other payment that I had. My payments pretty much doubled and it was hard trying to pay this card off because i had used a lot of it for school books while i was away at college. It took me 4 years after this happened to finally get them to put the interest back down to 17. I had even tried calling after this had happened to see if they would work something out but they wouldn't do anything. I have just not had the greatest experience with this card. I have had other cards where I was late and they never upped my interest. I love citi bank itself because I bank with them i just do not like their credit services. If you can go to another card i would recommend to do so.

This Card Does NOT Reward Customer Loyalty

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

I have had the Citi Dividend Mastercard for over 10 years and I am not pleased with it at all. The interest rate is pretty high, and I would have thought for being a loyal customer for as long as I have been with the company they would offer me some kind of break for paying my bill every month on time, but they do not. It also takes FOREVER to earn rewards for the card. I am lucky if I earn one reward a year, and for how much they charge in interest, you'd think they would encourage their customers to use it more by enticing them with better rewards and make it easier to earn them.

Customer Service
Anytime I have called for customer support I first have to go through one of those stupid automated systems before being put on hold for at least ten minutes. Then after I talk to someone (if they speak English), they can rarely help me resolve my issues without being transferred at least two or three times.

Available Rates
The rates on this card are pretty high, especially for someone with good credit and a loyal customer. They do not negotiate the APR at all.

• Available Rates:

This is a great credit card with cash back awards.

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

I switched to a Citi credit card years ago. Many members of my family have done the same. There are cash back awards that offer a great incentive. These awards are sent quickly and I've really enjoyed being able to use my credit card and get money for spending money! I haven't had any problems with this card. It seems secure and safe and I use it often.

Customer Service
My only problem with this card is that it's hard to understand some of the customer service representatives. When communication is harder on the phone, it takes twice as long for me to get my point across, and vice versa. Other than that issue, they are very kind, helpful, and willing to work out whatever problem you have. The customer service representatives are well trained and pleasant. I always get off the phone with a smile on my face.

Available Rates
The rates seem standard to me. I haven't seen that they are very different than most credit cards.

Great cash back card!

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

This card has been particularly helpful in running my small business. Buying supplies with this card is easy and the rewards certainly add up very quickly and have helped me build up my business. The terms are easy to understand and the rates are fairly competitive. I first received this card when I started my first year of college as a student and they increase your credit limit as your relationship with them continues. I would recommend this card to anyone, whether they are a first time student or someone with a more established credit history. They have always been helpful when it came to security concerns and quickly replace lost or stolen cards. They have several security measures in place to make sure that the person they are talking with is the card owner. It was also very easy to set up my spouse that she could use her own card for the account.

Customer Service
Customer service has always been helpful and quick to answer questions.

Available Rates
Rates are fairly competitive.

• Available Rates:

Citi Bank has unrivaled customer service

from New York, NY

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

I have been a Citi Dividend World MasterCard credit card holder for almost a decade. There are many reasons why this is my preferred credit card. Chief among them is their customer service. Simply put, Citi Bank's customer service is unrivaled. I don't have need to contact their customer service very often, but on the few occasions that I have done so I left feeling great about my membership. They really treat me like a valued customer. They bend over backwards to make sure I am satisfied and I feel like they try hard to protect me. I recently had a disputed charge on my card. I called them up and within 10 minutes of speaking with a customer service representative they filed a dispute on my behalf and issued me with a temporary credit. They then launched and investigate and sided in my favor. Another nice touch that weights heavily in my positive view of Citi Bank customer service is I receive periodic e-mails thanking me for my membership. In reality this means nothing, but it is a nice personal touch, something other credit card companies do not do.

Along with their great customer service, the Citi Dividend World MasterCard offers a decent cash back program. It is not the best program, but it suits my needs. I receive 1% cash back on all purchases and then 5% back on rotating categories every quarter. It is surprising how quickly the cash back adds up. My only slight quibble with their cash back program is that I need to amass a minimum of $50 before I can cash out. The cash back rewards are wide ranging, however, I personally prefer to receive a check.

Dividends

• Available Rates:

Citi - Dividend World MasterCard has many benefits.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

Citi - Dividend World MasterCard is a dependable card that you can use almost anywhere. It doesn’t load you down with fees, unless you’re late on payments. So if you pay your bills on time, you’ll never have to worry. I never thought about it before but I don’t think there’s a card that you can use everywhere. If there is one, that would mean perfection, and nothing is perfect. Anyway, I really like the sleek and professional design on the card. It has a logo for protection, and it is very secure to use. You just have to make sure that when you use it that you keep it away from suspicious eyes. If it’s ever lost or stolen, they’ll take care of you. No worries! This card gives you rewards if you use it in a professional manner. The credit line you get is based on your track record for making payments. They will raise your credit line periodically if your payments are never late. The finance charges are fair. The finance rates could be better, that’s the main reason I give this card (4 STARS). It has a lot of perks, and will help you build more credit, if you always pay on time. If you ever have a discrepancy on a bill, they are pretty good at clearing things up as well. The customer service representatives are always so kind. I give this card a “7” on a scale of “1-10”.

• Available Rates:

Good all-around card without annual fees

Comments about Citi - Dividend World MasterCard:

I never carry a balance on my credit cards, and actually have no idea what my APR on this card even is--I've had it for years, and will never cancel to preserve my average age of accounts. It's a decent cash back scheme for no annual fee, and I do appreciate the rotating 5% categories--I recently maxed out the first-quarter 2013 bonus at drugstores. However, a HUGE negative is that you can only redeem $300 of cash back per year. I also dislike having to actively sign up for rotating categories and other programs--I wish this card would make the bonuses automatic.