3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Have had only good experiences with this credit card.

My recent purchase was a telephone purchase of a major item (52 inch Samsung television) and I used my Sears Master Card.  The clerk told me that the credit card company needed to call me and verify the purchase before it would be authorized.  Within a minute or two, I received a call from Master Card to verify that I had initiated the charge to my account and verified some other information and then promptly authorized the purchase.  I was reassured that the purchase was verified in this manner.  Thanks Master Card!!!

Sears Master Card is not worth having interest rates too high

Citi Bank Sears Master Card is one of the worst credit cards I ever had. The only one that can close to this is Chase. I always pay my bills on time or a week before they are due. I make at least the minimum payment or more and have never went over my credit limit, I have never come close to maxing out my credit limit on any credit card that I have ever had. When President Obama bailed out citi Bank and Chase Bank with our tax payer money (that we actually have to work for years to pay China back, as He borrowed it from them) the first thing they did to fix their financial situations was to start punishing their customers that were in excellent standing with them, by raising their interest rates astronomically. My Sears Master Card went from an interest rate of 10.24% to17.99 %, and this was how they were rewarding their customer of 21 years with an excellent payment history and good credit rating. I asked them to reconsider, by the way this new interest rate would be a variable and my old one was a fixed rate. I then asked then how it was legal for them to change the terms of our agreement since I was never late, I had never went over the limit so I had never done anything on my part to void our contract, you know when you sign up with a credit card company you enter into a contract with them. They then informed they could change the terms of our agreement (changing the word from contract to agreement made it legal, but if I had not repaid then, they would have kept the word contract for court to sue me) any time they wanted by giving me a written notice, so I informed them of something I knew, that I would be OPTING OUT OF THEIR TERMS, which means close my account and they have to keep my interest rate the same until my balance is paid in full. Of course if I should miss a payment they could then change my interest rate to the higher default rate, and then contact my other credit holder and report that I had missed a payment and try to get them to increase my interest rates also. Then they could report me to the credit bureaus and try to ruin my credit. As I never pay my bills late their treats did not bother me and I said CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND I WILL PASS ON HOW YOU HAVE TREATED ONE OF YOUR BEST CUSTOMERS OF 21YEARS. Then is when the fun has started, I am fully disabled and can no longer work, so I go over each and every bill with a "fine tooth comb", and I would advise every other consumer to start doing so if they do not already do so. I found that Citi Bank Sears Master Card has been charging me interest on an average daily balance that is more money than I actually owe them in total. If you do not understand what this means, they figure your interest by taking your outstanding balance and averaging it daily then times it by your APR which equals this formula the interest rate divided by 30 then times your balance then times 30 and this is how much interest you owe them on the outstanding balance on your account. If this still confuses you they had to change their statements to include the daily interest rates they charge you and it is usually listed at the bottom of your statement or on the second page. This is what you need to check every month, this is also what you should check before you consider any of their so called cheap interest rate deals they offer in attempt to get you to transfer higher balances from other credit cards to theirs. They first of all charge you a 3%transaction fee per transfer, so lets say you want to transfer $2000.00 from a credit card that is charging you 10.24% interest to the one they are offering for 3.99% interest for 1 year. This sound really good to you and you think you are saving a lot of money, when you are actually spending more to transfer the money to the cheaper interest rate, than if you had kept it at the high rate. First they have charged you  $60.00 to transfer the $2000.00, and so now your balance is automatically $2060.00, and the interest on that is approx $98.00 for that 1st year, so it has now cost you $158.00, and if you had just left your balance at the credit card with the higher interest and just paid your minimum payment for that 1one year your interest would have been  $196.00 and that is $38.00. Now you say I would have saved $38.00, but here is the kicker, when you transfer a balance to a credit card, if you already owe them money they will apply all your payments no matter how many you make per month or how much you pay to the lowest interest rate balance you owe them first until it is either paid in full or your low apr period time runs out in which then the balance converts automatically to you higher interest rate. All the while your balance at the higher interest rate continues to accrue interest every month at your higher interest rate until you pay off the other balance. And remember once you get accessed interest it becomes part of your balance and you start paying interest on the interest, this is called compounding. You need to remember the Credit card companies are not your friends, they are in business to make money off of you. You can refer to them as Legal Loan Sharks, as they are okayed by the US Government. So I would pay the extra $38.00 or maybe increase the amount I pay them every month by $5.00, this would help reduce that extra $38.00 in interest you are paying. And if you should get the chance tune in to the Fox New network and listen to the Dave Ramsey show, he is a self taught budget guru and can help you get your finances under control. If you think you are sinking and cannot face tomorrow you can call his office as his is a financial planner and he can arrange to find someone to help you, maybe even today. I took his financial Peace University course, which is a simple budgeting course, and although he did not teach me everything I know, as I used to manage a business for amulti million dollar company, he did teach me how to help others, which was a big help to me. And the Dave says the best credit card is the one you cut up and do not have anymore! I love his show.

credit card late fee

from coppell tx

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

I paid my credit cad payment on 10-3 online an hour after a deadline i didnt know existed i had tried 3 times during the day to pay but wait was to long i being charged 27.00 for less than an hour past theirself empossed deadline nwhen i nexplained i just returne ti workfor surgerythe spervisor told my i had 28 days rompay very caring imdonewith citi and barclay ans sears and imon the attack to make the world know that 27.00 was important the my bussiness

Has good rewards points

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

I have the regular Sears store card which can only be used at Sears and I have the Sears MasterCard which can be used anywhere. I like the Shop Your Way Rewards program that Sears and Kmart offers. I have both these Sears cards linked to one rewards account so I can use either one. Of course, you get extra points if you are purchasing something from Kmart or Sears but with the MasterCard you can also get points wherever you shop. They offer promotions where you get double or triple points. They also give you no interest or a percentage off when making large purchases such as appliances, lawn tractors, exercise equipment, etc. at Sears. You can also rack up quite a bit of rewards when making large purchases in addition to the interest free or percentage off.

Customer Service
I have never had a problem dealing with customer service. They have always resolved any issues efficiently.

Available Rates
The Sears MasterCard has a better interest rate than the Sears store card. The particular rate and credit limit you receive will depend on your credit score and history. I recommend paying off the balance every month in full. There is no sense trying to earn extra money with rewards if interest charges are making you go broke.

Citi-Sears Mastercard

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

This is a great two in one type of credit card. I say that because it is a master card that can be used anywhere master card is accepted and it is also a Sears store card that can get you great deals. We initially got this card to get no interest on some big ticket items that we had to buy and kept it since Sears is always offering discounts and no or low interest on items when you use the card to purchase. You can also earn reward points on your purchases to use for discounts on future purchases. Overall a great card to have if you like getting good deals and also just for an everyday credit card.

Customer Service
Never had to call customer service on the card but I imagine they are helpful and good at what they do.

Available Rates
Maybe it is just me but I think the Citi Sears Master card is higher in interest rates than most other available credit cards. We have good credit and no issues and still got a pretty high rate with them, which is why we mainly use it when they offer no or low interest on items.

Plain and simple except I have the Voyageur account

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

It is a good credit card as it is also a Master Card. It offers great rewards for purchases so the next time you are in you can get a great discount. They have a Sears Advantage account for $24.95 that gives you a discount booklet on all items in the store or extra points on purchases. Although it used to be more valuable, like everything else it isn't as valuable as it used to be. They used to enclose a $5.00 savings card but much to my surprise had an expiry date!

Customer Service
Customer service is excellent. One time some one used my card fraudulently to book a flight. It couldn't have come at a worse time because I needed the card to book my own trip and this used up most of my available credit. I phoned them and in a matter of minutes they realized this wasn't my charge. So we booked it on my husband's credit card which had a different number. They sent me a new card within 2 weeks and I have heard nothing since. Fantastic service!

Available Rates
Their interest rates are a little high but all department stores are like that.

• Available Rates:

Great for purchasing large appliances with low intro rate.

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

I got this card when it was time for us to purchase a washer and dryer at Sears. The sales associate was very helpful as we picked out machines and then helped us apply for this card to get 0% financing for 18 months! The application process was simple and I was approved on the spot. It was easy to pay online and I never had to pay a cent of interest!

Customer Service
When I had trouble accessing my account online one day I called the number on the back of the card and the associate I talked to was very helpful. She helped me unlock my online account and reset my password. She was kind and efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to call the number again if I had another question.

Available Rates
We got an introductory 0% financing for 18 months when we opened the card and used it to purchase a new washer and dryer. It saved us a lot of money and gave us the flexibility to pay it off before they started charging interest.

There was also no annual fee which is another important thing to consider when getting a new credit card.

• Available Rates:

Absolutely unhappy with my sears credit card over payments!

from Olean, NY

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

I have had a Sears card for almost 15 years. I have used it to purchase everything from clothes to tires to riding lawn mowers. I recently made a payment to pay off a promotional account balance, and they put it towards another balance on my account.

Customer Service
My promotional balance was due to expire in March. In February, I sent a payment for this exact amount. They applied it to a different balance on the card. Upon calling customer service to find out why the amount $2200 was applied to the other balance, I was told the other balance had a higher percentage, and that was how the system did it. The customer service representative was rude and told me there was nothing I could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said that there was nothing anyone could do, and did not let me talk to one.

Available Rates
Because my balance was not paid off on the promotional amount, I will be paying 25.24% interest on this amount until I can pay off the other balance and this balance. I wlll never charge anything on sears again.

• Available Rates:

Was talked into but glad I was

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

I cannot tell you how annoyed I am when I am ambushed by every cashier to open a store credit card. Because of the high interest rates I always turn them down. This autumn I was doing some early holiday shopping at Sears and again I was given the presentation about opening up this card. This time, it seemed like there was so many plusses to opening the card I would be foolish not to. After a very brief sign up process I was able to purchase things on the card. I received a very generous discount on my day's purchases. Now, having had the card for a few months I am still glad that I opened this account. I have received so many great coupons to use at Sears and I also get alerts on future sales and discounts. Now the interest rate is higher than my bank's card so I do my best to pay this off each month. However, as Sears is my favorite mall store and the deep discounts I receive, I am planning on keeping this card

Customer Service
What I love are the options that this card offers for payment: mail-in, online, and in store. While I do receive lots of emails in regards to store discounts and upcoming sales, I am happy to report that I have not received additional spam from outside places from this card.

Available Rates
Store credit cards are of course higher than most cards. I still found the rate of 16 percent to be competitive in regards to the marketplace

Not worth it

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

Worst Card ever. Signed up to save a lousy 5%. Could not set up an on-line account and never received a paper statement. Called about issue setting up online account rep walks me through set up and still not able to log in, sends me a new card and tells that will correct the issue. I had to make two payments in-store while waiting to be able set on-line account to make payments. Received new card, called in to activate and was sent to speak with a rep, which advises me that i am past due, because my last payment amount was not correct. I advised them the issue's i was having and difference was only $5 on the payment. Rep advised could not waive the late charge, she had send it a manager and i would have wait 7-10 days to see if the would even waive the late charge. For a new card holder with remaining balance of less $80 and already paid off $400 in two previous in-store payments, i found this really unacceptable and canceled the card.

Awful customer service

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

I opened this account early August 2013, at Sears, when it was offered as an incentive. One month later, yesterday, I received a statement with a $27 late fee. How is it possible that a new account would have a late fee when this is the first statement received? Needless to say, today, I paid the late fee and closed the account! Ridiculous!!!!

Customer Service
Although polite, they can't seem to resolve any issues, or understand a situation!

Available Rates
High, for what they offer.

The SEARS MC is one of the most deceiving and worst Credit Cards

Comments about Citi - Sears MasterCard:

I could not agree more. I also have been a "stupid loyal' customer of Sears and Sears MC for almost 20 years. CitiBank got "bailed out" with taxpayer moneys and what they do? Help their Customers? NO, NO that would be too much to ask. They actually charge you more interest and fees (as priviously described). I have called multiple times and asked them to lower my interest and their response is always the same "25% is actually low" bla bla bla bla. Thay refuse to help or make any changes or concessions. After all these years of overpaying for credit I have finally decided to CLOSE ALL MY CITIBANK AND SEARS MC (CITI) ACCOUNTS. I hope that someone is reading these reviews and decide to do the same. Hopefully soon they will be "out of customers" to full.