1.9
Rewards Credit Cards
Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard

Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard

1.9

Sears MasterCard is easy to use and rewards my usage.

I enjoy using my Sears MasterCard as it rewards me for everything I purchase with it!

I would just like to say that with the *Economy being so...Read complete review

I would just like to say that with the *Economy being so "questionable" at this time...It is nice to know that you can still "trust" a Friend like Sears/K'Marts to provide a means to purchase what you need when you need it and "Pay Later"!!!*

I can make purchases online as well as in ***ANY STORE (or company) not just in Sears or K'Mart ******Stores!!!  I can also make purchases by Phone, if I so desire!**  Not to leave out placing orders by mail and using my Sears Card.  *

*There are no services fees; which makes it more economical to use...therefore allowing me to "charge" more items needed OR wanted; **be it **Car Repairs, Home Repairs, Clothing, Groceries, Utilities or pizza...even an American Beauty Rose from a Nursery OR a FTD Birthday Bouquet for Delivery... and then it "PAYS" me with Bonus Points **as a "REWARD" that will convert to cash to me at a later date!!!*

A "slap in the face" Sears MasterCard Premier Gold credit card

Some time ago my brother and sister and I went together to buy a clothes dryer from Sears in Roanoke, VA.  I was placed in charge of the purchase and I went to Sears since I felt like they were the best and most efficient.  Their usual friendly salesperson thought it might be easier to charge the purchase and, even though my previous account had long ago expired, I agreed to get a MasterCard for this transaction.

After the purchase, my family members all chipped in and I immediately paid off the card.

About 3 months ago, and about 3 years after the above transaction, I received a letter from Sears telling me that my credit was insufficient for their high standards and, although I had no balance due on the card, they summarily cancelled my card.

Since I had not used the card but once, it was obvious that I did not need it.  What insulted me was that, instead of informing me of cancellation due to lack of use (like they did previously), they chose to slap me in the face by cancelling the card because I am a credit bum.

Up until then, I had saved that card should another appliance purchase or gift be necessary.  I felt good that I could rely on Sears quality and I kept the card on hand, even though I really didn't need it.  It just makes me wonder where the rules of proper behavior went and how I missed the decline of this company's reputation and sense of values.

I will never shop at Sears again.

Poor Customer Service, very high interest rates. Not recommended

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

Very High Interest Rates and THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY! Citi Bank got "bailed out" with Tax Payer moneys, but they are not willing to help the customers and lower the high interest rate. They are in the business of "making the most money" possible and they do not care about the customers who actually bailed them out and helped them stay in business. I have been a customer of sears/citibank for over 20 yrs and just had it after multiple calls to their Customer Service resulted in rude and unhelpful responses. THEY LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER AND LOST MY BUSINESS!!!

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

Sears Gold Mastercard Protects Your Identity

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

The Sears Gold Master Card is a safe and reliable card to carry. Not only are the credit limits set well, but they are regularly raised with good credit and payoff history. Sears Gold Master Card watches out for its consumers by helping to protect against fraud and identity theft. Sears Gold Master Card will contact you immediately if a suspicious charge appears on your credit card. They will hold the charge until you confirm or deny that the charge has been made by you. Large or small...you WILL get a call if the charge appears to be bad. The customer service representatives are fast, friendly and extremely professional in all respects. The interest rates may be a little higher than normal here, but Sears sends you special offers and advance notice of sales and great deals. Sears is a well-known and reliable corporation and has been for years. This added benefit of fraud protection is extremely attractive and helpful.

High rates on Sears Gold MasterCard are not worth it.

from Hollis, NH

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

I have had this card for about 8 years now. I applied for it when I was making a large purchase at Sears and received a discount on the product that I bought. The credit card was okay at first, but after a late payment, they increased my interest rate to 29.99 percent. Other than that time, I have paid on time every month that I have been required to make a payment. I called to request that they lower my interest rate, but the representative said they would not do that under any circumstances. Considering my experiences with other credit card companies, I found this to be a very unreasonable thing for them to say to a valuable customer. So, I simply paid the card off and will likely not use it again and don't recommend it to anyone.

The rewards program on the card isn't too bad, though. I have earned a few valuable gift cards through the card's program over the years that were much better than those on other credit cards that I have seen.

Unreal

from Mullens, WV

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

I have a **Sears Gold Mastercard for 14+ years**. I transferred a large balance transfer a couple years ago at a low fixed 4.9% APR. According to the terms and conditions, my  monthly payments were supposed to be put towards this balance after **all** other balances were allocated and paid. In other words, I had three different balances on this card, and this larger balance was to be applied lastly. Anyways, after all the new government restrictions and laws took effect early this year, I noticed my credit card statements also changed. Sears paid this high balance off first. Therefore eliminating the low fixed 4.9 %APR. Then they raised my overall APR from an 8.99% to a whopping 25.76%. I called the company, pulled my past 4 years of statements. The customer service rep. reviewed my account. He could not figure out why this high balance was paid off early. He was eager to get to the bottom of it for me. Moments later, he transferred me to a supervisor who basically told me I was screwed! He said yes the terms and conditions does say what I stated, however, in fine print, the terms also states **the company can also do what they see fit**. Low and behold, that is what they did in order to make money in this tough economy. Sears mastercard gold was one of my best credit cards. Over the years they have always worked with me (lower APR's, etc. ) and now they are loosing me as a long time loyal cutomer. I cannot believe how greedy they have become!!!!!! Oh, I fogot to add: Shortly after all of this, Sears sent me two letters of the APR increase with the option to opt out of the increase. I called the company to opt out of this increase, and the only way to opt out is for Sears to close my account for me and the APR would still remain at a high APR until the balance is paid in full!!!!!!! They have got to be kidding me. If they close my account, it hurts my good credit score worse than if I were to close the account.

Total crap.

from Mount Vernon, IL

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

Sears credit cards are such a joke. I worked at sears for nearly one year and let me tell you, DONT FILL OUT THE CREDIT APP!!!! Their interest rates are ridiculously high, some reaching 30%!!!! They don't like to work with you on payments and their customer service sucks overall!

The worst rip off I have ever experienced, from 9.9% to 22.65%

from High Point, NC

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

The Sears Credit card division are a bunch of the greeddiest money hungry &%$#$#&# bunch I have ever ran into, for no reason ( I always paid at least 1 1/2 my minimum due ) and normally double my minimum due, they raised my rate from 9.9% to 22.65 % for no reason, the answer I got from them "is because we can,"  So because I can, I have gone on a anti Sears campaine, and have told people about their greedy practices, after sucking people in on their offers to transfer balances for lower rates, SHAME ON THEM!!! That is pure greed, so far in my anti Sears movement, I have told some 100 people or so and have convinced these people to shop for a like products else where, Sears does offer a good product, another reason I was a good customer ( Kenmore, Craftsman ) are good products, I realize that one disgruntled customer will not hurt a mega corp. like Sears, but so far out of the initial contacts I have made and told them about this injustice, I have steerd away $ 11,000 in business from Sears, and I wonder how much will be steerd away from my contacts, and the ones that they contact and so on and so on, I won't stop, I am flipping mad at this company, and why am I doing what I am doing, just as I was told from the Sears rep, " Because I Can"

Sears MasterCard is easy to use and rewards my usage.

from Kansas City, MO

High APR - not worth it.

from Halethorpe, MD

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

Like many other people, I had a regular Sears card, and then one day this gold Mastercard showed up in my mailbox. A gold card! How special! Sears must be a great card and think so highly of me to reward me with such a special honor! Of course, the shine quickly fell off the apple and the fine print caught up with me. Once upon a time, I think I had an APR of 8.99 or 13.99, or thereabouts. Maybe I made a late payment, or maybe they just decided to raise it, but now it is in the twenties. I pay it off each month and have no desire to risk my credit by carrying a balance. I keep it solely for the credit history. I investigate their rewards program once upon a time for those rare purchases I do make, but apparently there was a fee to join, so I still have no incentive to use this card. I used to use it for internet and other dubiously secure purchases, but since my Chase Visa has a low interest rate and a real rewards program I gave up doing even that.

Disgusted with this company and card.

from Dublin, OH

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

Just like vultures that prey on defenseless beings, the company that has this credit card is no better.  We have had the Sears store card since the 1970's.  Only charging moderate amounts that were paid off each month.  Moving up to the Sears Premier Gold Mastercard was not our choice - the Sears card we had was combined into this card.  We bought all of our kitchen remodeling appliances on the card at a decent rate and have been making more than minimum payments.  Enter the "Economy" situation.

We received a letter from Sears Mastercard stating that even though we were excellent customers and they wanted us to continue as such, the "Economic times" was FORCING them to raise our interest rates from 11.9% to 23.9%.  They stated they regretted the action but were unable to do anything about it.

My advice is to RUN, not walk from this card.   Loyalty and being fiscally responsible will get you no where with this company, and sadly, it seems to be a common cop-out for most banks nowadays.

I feel that your credit practices are deceptive

from Menomonee Falls, WI

Comments about Citi - Sears Gold MasterCard:

When I recently purchased a hot water  heater, I choose to pay with your no interest for one year offer.  When I made my payments to my sears credit card in the following months, none of the payments were credited to my hot water heater account.  When I noticed that the balance wasen't going down I called to find out why and I was told that I had to call each month and request that the payment be credited the way I wanted wich I did and the hot water heater got paid off in time to avoid the interest.  My complaint is that I feel that this was a deliberate deception on the part of the credit card establishment to trick me into not being able to avoid the interest.  This policy should have been explained to me at the time of purchase or better yet it should be changed to make it easy for me to pay off that part of my credit card first.