2.1

2.1

Pros

Cons

The Sears Store Credit Card

The Sears Store Credit Card is a usefull Credit Card to have when your budget in spending elsewhere is not that good and you have an option you can always shop at Sears.  The Sears Store Credit Card was a good card to have because they offered the monthly payment protection on your account if you were to become disabled or maybe even unemployed they'd make your minimum monthly payments.  Another great thing about them was low interest rate and minimum monthly payment of around ten dollars which could really be usufull if your on a tight budget a certain month.  Another great thing about the Sears Store Credit Card they always send you little pieces of paper with your bill where you pick out small gifts and only pay for the shipping and handling.  And it's a great card to have because Sears offers everything from electronics to clothes to tires for your automobile to having a key service, so when your tight on your budget and need new tires on your Camaro Z28 and those will be Z rated $200+ tires you can always go to Sears and use the Sears Store Credit Card.  Owning this card is like cheating.  Your neighbors your society is watching and all of the suden you got the new tires didn't pay for them cash but will make monthly payments for them but you still got them you can still stay up with having the necessities you need with having this card.

Their website has a terrible track record.

I don't remember now why I ever applied for a Sears credit card.  I must have been crazy.

Over the years I have stopped using the card altogether except to pay some premiums on Sears insurance policies which I purchased in response to special offers made to me as a Sears cardholder.  I guess apathy has set in and I am just too lazy to move these payments over to another card.

One thing I'm darned sure of though and that is that I will probably never use my Sears card for anything else.  I have had terrible problems making online payments over their website through the years.  One time their site wasn't accepting payments for more than five months!  And God help anyone who trusts this card and has to carry balances over from month to month -- more than 26% interest rate is highway robbery in my book.

The worst credit card and service in my whole life!!

from Memphis,TN

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

After having to open an investigation a year a half trying to resolve a bad windows installation and paying off my entire balance. The people from Citibank lowered my credit score 93 points! The balance was paid before time but and the claim from the District General Manager Mr. Kerry Steele my windows remain installed wrong. Sears open an investigation and told me to hold the payment and to inform Citibank of the situation. I paid the balance to the manager in Sept.2nd the payment was not reflected by Sears until the 30Th of the same month, so Citibank knowing that I already paid still called me 5 to 6 times a day every day for almost three weeks even on Sundays. If I paid in full ahead of time and also explained open an investigation the were informed of the case they still lowered my credit score. I rather stay with my windows they way they are than even try to deal with Sears ever again. The part that I do not understand is why me paying ahead of time to these irresponsible credit service, they still took revenge on my credit score lowering it. I will fix my credit but I will never ever again do any business with Citibank in my life and I will let everybody who I know not to have any business with a company who not only deals crooked but do not help or respect their customers. The only thing they care is a bout money.. Well my money will never touch your company again. I wish I could give you a zero rate!!

Aweful Interest/ APR and they lie about their services

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

I was told I could get a credit line increase with just a soft pull on my credit. They made FIVE hard credit pulls! The apologized for the incident and they promised they would remove them. They have failed to remove them from my credit file for the past ten months. Now they say that nothing can be done. Filed a dispute twice with the bureau, Sears keeps saying that they are legit inquiries.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

An excellent credit card

from NA

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

I own the Citi Sears Credit Card since 2012 and have made a lot of purchases via this card. The credit card has many reward benefits which includes a zero annual fee, monthly sales events and special financing offers every day, possibility to shop in places where MasterCard credit cards are accepted, MasterCard exclusive benefits such

as purchase assurance and there is zero liability on unauthorized purchases which is the most useful feature as if a card is stolen and purchases are made via your credit card, you cannot be held liable for the same. I have managed to earn a lot of cash back using this credit card and I continue using this card till date.

The customer service is not up to the mark as whenever I contact the support department, I am kept on hold for a long time and when I am assured of getting a response in few hours, I don't receive any reply unless I contact them several times. It has already happened with me thrice when I had issues using the credit card and I had to wait for days to get a proper reply via email.

• Available Rates:

It is an okay card to have!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

I have been a Sears card holder for a number of years now and I have not always been their biggest fan most of the time. I have stuck with them because I have seen some changes that have been beneficial to consumers, however they have been few and far between. I am giving them a 7 because i really do believe they are making an effort o improve the quality of credit cards they offer.

Customer Service
The customer service department always seems to be in a rush . Every time I have had to call in the past, I have always felt like they didn't really have time to completely address my issue.

Available Rates
I do not like the rates that Sears offers and it appears that everything is beneficial to them and not the consumer. They have a very high adjustable rates, revolving credit type almost, where you are almost guaranteed not to be able to pay your balance anytime soon, if you don't pay the entire balance each time you use the card.

another credit card

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

We opened up a Sears Credit Card when we were buying a large appliance for our house. We saved 15-20% our initial purchase, and then later recieved the card in the mail. I remember being happy, that we saved so much on our refrigerator, but aside from that purchase I have not used the card. Usually more discount offers are sent to you in the mail, or special reward offers for using the store's credit card. But I have to say that the Sears Credit Card really has had no special value or offers aside from the very first day we opened our account. I was thankful for saving that inital percentage, but it seems like they would have other offers to entice their customers to shop more.

Customer Service
I can not say anything postively or negatively about the Sears Credit Card customer service, for I have never had to contact them about anything.

Available Rates
I really do not know the available rates, but I'm assuming they're the same as the other department stores.

• Available Rates:

Good benefits if you pay off balance monthly

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

As with many things in life, The Citi - Sears Credit Card has its pros and cons. First of all, there are benefits to having this card. It offers a great rewards program. You get points for not only using it at Sears but at K-Mart also. There are always promotions going on when you can receive extra points and deals. This is free shopping money that can add up. This card does have a terrible interest rate but for me that is not a problem. I do not charge more than I can pay off in full which allows me to benefit. This is a great card to have for appliances. I usually buy most of my appliances and tools at Sears. One reason is they offer these purchases interest free for about a year or two if you use your Sears Card. If you have the cash to quickly pay it off, they will give you a percentage off if you choose not to use the interest free offer. In addition to these bonuses, when you make a large purchase you can easily rack up $100 to $200 dollars in free money with their rewards program. So before you quickly dismiss this card because of the interest rate, think about the positive things. If you are smart and utilize different cards for different things you can make and save money. I have several cards and I know the best way to use each one.

Customer Service
I've never had a problem with customer service.

Just don't get one.

from Kansas

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

The Sears credit card has to be the worst of the department store ones that I have used. The interest rates are insane. I have cut my card up; therefore, not used it in quite some time. I think the last time I looked the interest rate was at 25%. There is absolutely no reason for such an insanely high interest rate! I used to simply use my credit card to get discounts, then go pay off the balance in the store so I could avoid the interest. I've never had good luck with their customer service and always hated having to interact with them. Their online account management is pretty bad also.

Signing up for the Sears credit card is simple and pretty quick. You get a discount on that initial purchase then you occasionally get some deals and stuff being a card member. There aren't that many discounts really though, if you are comparing it to some other department stores.

What I used to do to avoid the INSANE interest rates is go to the store, use my card to get my discounts, then go and pay off the balance while I'm still in the store. That they I avoid the interest and still get my discounts. The issue with doing that is I would have to interact with their customer service each time I paid my balance off in the store. I must say Sears has some of the worst customer service I have dealt with. They always seem to have quite an attitude and the process ends up taking so long because they will forget how to do something and have to call a manager over. I just don't think they train the customer service representatives well.

I would try to go online to just pay off my balance instead of dealing with the customer service in store but that would just be a hassle. A lot of time their online account services would be down. Constant errors or the pages refusing to load. There were a few times when Sears apparently never received my payments online even though I had the confirmation e-mails AND the money taken out of my bank account. They would charge me that insane interest rate and I would have to call and give them proof then they would unhappily work with me.

The discounts with the Sears credit card aren't worth a 25% or higher interest rate, rude customer service, poor online account management in which they would tell me I hadn't made my payment when I had multiple forms of proof that I did. Just don't get it.

• Available Rates:

Not great rates, but I like having the card!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

I have read so many horrible reviews about having a Sear's credit card and it honestly really surprises me. I know that the rates are great, but honestly, I do not think any retail card's rates are good. They are always higher. I like having my Sear's card, because I buy all of my appliances from Sears, for the most part. I have been able to build up my credit line with Sears, so now I can purchase big name appliances with them and then I am able to pay them off over time. It has helped me rebuild my credit as well. Also, Sears offers in store rewards for having a card with them. They give me discounts that I would not get if I was not a cardholder. The customer service department is not wonderful, which really is the reason I gave the Sears card a seven. I think that every representative should be re-taught about their company. It seems that they could be more knowledgeable. This is a card I would recommend if you need new appliances and are smart with your credit. I think its a good card.

• Available Rates:

Great credit card to have if you need household appliances

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

I opened a Citi-Sears Credit Card when I made a major appliance purchase for my new home. The reason I chose to open this credit card was to get the 12 months same-as-cash promotion and free delivery option that Sears offered at the time I made my appliance purchase. I was not in a position to pay cash for my appliances, but I knew that I would be able to pay them off within the 12-month period. This offer was the primary reason I chose to purchase my household appliances through Sears. I found that the credit application process was straightforward and did not take more than 20 minutes to complete. The terms and conditions of this credit card were clear and it was also clear how much interest I would be charged on my purchase if I did not pay the balance in full before the promotional period ended. I ended up closing this credit card after I paid the balance in full. Closing the card was easy as well. Overall, I highly recommend this credit card. The promotional offers that are available make it one of the better credit cards to open.

• Available Rates:

The credit is not worth the interest!

Comments about Citi - Sears Credit Card:

Sears offers this credit to you with the deal of saving money off your initial purchase, something like $15, which is an awesome deal. If you use it to get this deal, pay the remainder off and cancel the card, I say go for it. On the other hand, if you are the type of person who will keep it and use it over and over again, beware, the interest rate on this card is ridiculous! It will take you forever to pay the card off. All in all, one of the worst credit cards to have!

Customer Service
Customer service is ok for this card. They do what they can to help you out, but do not get them wrong, they know you are getting suckered out of money as much as you do. Just be firm and stand your ground when canceling the card. They will try their best to keep you on, but just keep saying no, no, no.

Available Rates
The APR's are horrible. It is in black and white when you are signing up for it, most likely right there at the register at Sears. I used to work there, and we all knew what we were selling. Most rates were up in the 20%, which is horrible.