Other Credit Cards:

Pros

Cons

Citi Bank Mastercard

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

I have been a customer with Citibank since college. That's over 25 years, so you can say I have been loyal to them. Over the years they have added some incentives which make me more likely to stay with them. Granted, they are similar to other credit cards in their interest rates and payment schedules. They are flexible when paying, once or twice I was late with a payment, and even though they put a service charge on my account, after I called they promptly took it off. That to me is great customer service. My favorite thing about this company is their ThankYou points system. It is very simple. Every time you use your card for purchases, like gas or groceries, you earn reward points. You can use these to pay off your monthly balance, or just let them add up and use for other things. Recently I learned they can be linked to my Amazon.com account so there are always a few dollars in that account from all the things I have charged This is a basic card with nice perks.

• Available Rates:

Card which gives added value

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

The card has good value as mine is combined with a petroleum company. I can collect points and redeem for free petrol for my car and that is a big saving for me. The points can be easily collected and redeemed. I have redeemed the points in a bookshop where there is tie-up and have saved money with it. I would recommend getting this card. It also has other benefits in shopping as well. The payments can be easily made and I happy with the schedule.

Customer Service
I have not had much of a chance to use their customer service as there was no real need for it and I think that by itself is a major plus for the card. So I would like to give a better rating for the services that they provide to their customers.

Available Rates
The rates are as what can be found in the market and is not above any of the other companies or banks that offer credit cards. The statements can be easily accessed and I have had no difficulty in making the payments.

Love my citi card

from Champlin, MN

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

I have had this mastercard for several years and it is by far my favorite rewards card. The thank you network is great since I am able to get bonus points at companies that I shop at often. It has a lot more offerings than Chase.

Customer Service
I've only ever called customer service to let them know that I am travelling and they have always been helpful.

Available Rates
Not sure what their rates are since I pay my balance every month.

• Available Rates:

Great card with excellent service

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

I remember having an issue with a charge on my Citi card once, I called them and they removed it, opened and investigation and found I was right and it was gone. That is good service to me and I recommend them to all, I will have a Citi card for life.

I use this card eveywhere for the 2% cashback feature.

from Bushkill, PA

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

I have been using this Citi Mastercard for eight years. It is accepted virtually anywhere and it is always fun to see my cash rewards mount up and then, of course, receiving a check.

Also, I have found that their customer service is supurb, always resolving any problem quickly. They are also very good at frinding fraud attempts or checking with me if I am making an unusual purchase. I feel really safe-guarded with them.

I always pay my bill on time so I do not encounter the heavy billing for late payment, over credit line, etc. Check with Citi to find out what these rates are.

They've made a devoted customer for life in me.

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

The people at Citi Mastercard have never let me down. Whether my account info was stolen and unauthorized charges were made or if a company has not credited my card where credit was due (which happens A LOT!), they always make good on fixing the problem. I've never gotten charged for what I shouldn't have to pay for. PLUS, they have an excellent CitiRewards Program which I love because it allows me to easily rack up points to use towards many gifts offered in many categories.

A warning regarding Citi-MasterCard

from Plymouth, MA

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

We have been using Citi- MasterCard for a long time. We get points, sometimes double points on airlines so for us it has been a "win-win."

We recently go our online statement and noticed (I would not have but my husband did!) fees that added up to over $60.00.

Two fees were for cash advances and one was for interest charged.

My husband teaches accountancy. One thing we can be assured of is that he would never pay over 21% in interest (or any credit card interest) - at least knowing he was doing so.

He called Citi-MasterCard and put the phone on speaker phone so I could hear. I wasn't surprised that one cash advance was from PayPal. I am a huge PayPal user and I like it. This was my mistake so I wasn't surprised.

We were surprised that charging a fee for a new home mortgage on our Citi-MasterCard was considered a cash advance! We were told that the bank should have told us this was considered a cash advance. This would not have been so bad except Citi-MasterCard has a new policy: **If you take a cash advance, all your purchases for that month are considered cash advances and are subject to the 21% interest rate!!!**

My husband asked for a supervisor who waived the fees because it was clear that in all these years we had never taken a cash advance and would not have had we known. My husband certainly would not have charged the fee for our re-mortgage.

So - buyer beware!

Steer Clear!

from Wellsville, UT

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

I had an account with Citi for years.  I lost my job and was in trouble paying my bills.  They deferred payments for me for a few months, but raised the rate up high.  Needless to say I don't deal with them anymore.

Citi MasterCard watches and takes care of fraud quickly

from HUNTLEY, IL

Comments about Citi - MasterCard:

Citibank MasterCard noticed large purchases and informed me immediately.  Together we worked this out very ammicably with Citi deleting the amounts I did not purchase with no fuss or argument. I have been with them for years and would never change.  They do annoy me sometimes with their "junk" mail but I can bear with that as long as they keep serving me well.