2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

Use it for Major Purchases

I don't use my Home Depot Card that often but do occasionally use it for major purchases when they offer you no financing interest for 6 months if you use the card and sometimes a coupon as well for 10 percent off. Usually it will offer you special no interest financing if you spend five hundred dollars or more. I needed a new stove so decided to use this option. You do need to be aware that although there is no interest for 6 months you need to pay off the purchase or they will charge the interest after 6 months. Be sure to read the fine print. The interest rate is fair about the same as other cards. I got my purchase paid off in the six months time. They don't have very many rewards , or points , etc. Sometimes you will get a coupon in the mail for the store but it is usually only a ten percent off coupon and you have spend over 200.00 to use it It would be nice if they would occasionally send you a coupon for more than that off with no required purchase amount. I am going to be buying some hardwood floors soon so will look for one of the promotions again which come out every month or two. Overall the card is good if you have a home and need to make repairs or need things for your home as you can pay them over time, however, you could just as well use a Visa or MasterCard because there are no real benefits of the Home Depot Card.

Citi will not work with creditors

I have had a Home Depot Credit account for almost 25 years. Over the past several years I have experienced numerous back surgeries, leaving me with no feeling in one leg and on a cane and/or walker. I experienced a 7 month down periord and became delinquent on numerous bills, including the Home Depot account through CITIBANK. At two- YES TWO months past due, just because they could not contact me-Iwas at my mothers for care-I could not walk, they put my account into a colleciton agency with NCO. These people have called me at all times of the day and when I have spoke with  NCO .they have treated me like dirt on the ground. In short in speaking directly to Citibank personel I have been unable to get anyone to work with me on a repayment arrangement in order to save them and myself a charged off account. I have written both the president of Citi and of Home Depot, the Customer Service Department, the Dispute Department, and even forwarded a copy of my letter to Washington, DC to the Senate Committee overseeing the banking fiasco. Citi has not stopped taking the taxpayer dollar to stay afloat, yet they don't want to work with the taxpayer debtor to receive money and keep their chargeoffs lower. Makes little or no sense to me? This is all true, accurate and I can provide proof if needed. Citibank, and thus Home Depot have a poor rating from me.

Easy to pay off.

from Florida

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

Who doesn't love Home Depot? It's by far one of my favorite home improvement stores. Recently when updating rental units we decided to open a card with Home Depot so we could make the purchases at one central company.

I'm glad we did. Home Depot's Citi credit card far outshines all the other cards that I looked at when picking one.

The rates are really good, compared to just about any other credit card of comparable type. One of the things that caused me to choose this card as opposed to the other store cards from home improvement stores, is the awesome pay plan to pay off your purchases/credit line.

Customer Service
I have spent a little bit of time working with customer service. I had a couple issues with my account and had to spend some time working it out and rectifying it, and they were helpful and understanding.

Available Rates
Rates were one of the biggest attractions to me for this card. They are way better than I had hoped for.

• Available Rates:

the name defines the store it belongs to

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

The Home Depot card has it advantages and disadvantage. It allows you to buy product on sales with no interest or whatever promotion they have going on at the time. But if you do buy on time, their statements are horrible. They are totally not understandable.

Customer Service
Customer service is very good. When you need to return something, especially if you don't have a receipt, they are exceptional. They will look things up on the computer for you and help you find the purchase making the return easy. The staff at our store is very personable and often remember you by name making customer service very pleasant.

Available Rates
As with most store credit cards their interest rates are high. If you carry a balance, which I do, their interest rates are up there. But the value of carrying the card is worth it. If only they could get their statements improved it would be helpful in paying and understanding the statement.

Use This Card All The Time

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

I have had my Home Depot card b Citi for a few years now and use it often. I have used this card many times in the past couple of months. Since it has been warmer weather, I have been doing many various outdoor projects and this card has been very helpful in financing those. The fees with this card are reasonable. I try to pay it off each month but sometimes just make the minimum payment. I have returned a few items to the store and have never had a problem. The money is refunded back to my card without any questions or long waiting periods. Customer service is always easy to talk to and work with. I am always receiving great discounts or offers when I call in. I like that I can pay my bill online or in store. Paying in store is a great convenience. I am very satisfied with this card and more than happy that I decided to apply. The application process was very simple and fast. I was approved on the spot and was able to use my card that same day. I would recommend this card to everyone.

Needs Major Improvement

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

Owned this card, and five homes since 2001. The terms of the card have changed and have not kept up with the needs of the customers.
The ONLY reason I can see using this card is for the Deferred Interest purchase, but you still need to make the payments for large purchases.
Statement: You must read this very carefully, especially if you use the card for everyday purchases. I have mine sent in hard copy. The deferred interest promotions are on the second page with the date due. It is VERY important that you space out your payments EXACTLY for the promotions to avoid the extremely high interest rate.
For everyday purchases, pay these immediately.
RATE: Even with stellar credit, mine is $17.99%! There is also a $35 fee for late payments (no exceptions) and balance transfers.
CREDIT LIMIT: They are generous as they want you to get the card for high ticket items and everyday items. This can be a Negative on your credit report.
PAYMENTS: The grace period is only 14 days, no exceptions. They do accept on-line and in-store payments.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Based in Florida, the reps are on a resolution clock (like many other places) so you better be quick to get your point across. They do have busy times and call backs are better.
COMPETITOR ADVANTAGE: Unlike their competitor, they don't offer a discount unless you are aggressive about it. They also don't offer a tracking card or have another way of tracking your purchases.

The best card ever

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

The Home Depot Card is the best card ever. I was on a skin tight budget and had problems with my front and back doors. They were falling apart and I had safety concerns. I knew that I couldn't afford what it cost to repair it, so I applied for a Home Depot credit card. I got approved and was excited because the monthly payments were within my budget and the interest rates were low. Not only was I able to order the doors, I was also able to have Home Depot come out and install the doors for me. Thanks to the Home Depot Credit Card, I was able to keep my family safe with new doors. Customer service helped me out along the way. Every question I had about my credit limit and my options were answered by someone who was proficient and a good listener. They showed me what to do step by step. I am very happy to have chosen Home Depot as a credit provider. This has been a very good experience so far. I hope it continues as long as I am a customer.

Don't recommend it.

from Kansas

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

The Home Depot Credit card really isn't worth it. You barely get discounts and you don't really get any special offers that non-card holders can't also get. Their interest rates are high. DO NOT ever be late on a payment. I had a family emergency once and was a few days late sending my payment. The interest was CRAZY. Luckily, I rarely used the card in the first place, so I quickly cut it up and forgot all about it.

The sign up for the Home Depot card is quick and easy. You get a little bit of a discount on your purchase when you first sign up for it. You get a little bit of a discount on your purchases when you use your card. I didn't use it that frequently though so the discounts never really added up for me. Then came that one late payment where I ended up paying A TON of interest. It made the discounts I had received, useless, since I ended up paying way more than I would have if I just used cash or my debit card. Like I said after that incident I just cut the card and paid off my remaining balance.

This card is probably fine if you are not accidentally late on a payment. But you really don't get that good of discounts or anything.

• Available Rates:

Great to have for emergencies.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

We had a major emergency, our water heater in our house went out, and these are very expensive and after a death in the family, we just did not have the extra money lying around to pay for it all out of pocket. We went to Home Depot and I applied for their card, which was a very easy process and was approved. The APR is high, like most store cards, so it needs to be paid off quickly. They gave me a high limit right off which was nice, I was able to purchase my water heater and all of the extra things I needed to install it without having to worry where the money would come from. I like having this card because anytime an appliance goes out it can be such a huge cost out of your pocket and with a big family we do not always have a lot of extra money lying around. It is perfect for these types of emergencies and makes it convenient and easy to be able to buy anything that you need at Home Depot.

• Available Rates:

Did not like the customer service for this card.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

I had a Home Depot Citi for a brief time because we needed to purchase a new mower for our yard. My husband and I decided to apply for this card in my name and I was approved with a nice sized credit limit. I was able to pay for the mower and I was really glad I did it at the time. It took me about six months to pay off the bill. The rates for this card are terrible. I was not expecting anything wonderful, but they really are horrible. After six months, I called to cancel and was greeted by a rude customer service representative that made me feel guilty about cancelling my card. After about five minutes of her attitude, I asked for her manager and my call was disconnected. Luckily for me, I had retained her name and customer service representative number at the beginning of the call. I was able to call back and complain AND get my card cancelled. I will never get a Home Depot Citi card again!

Eh, not great

from VA

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

We opened the Home Depot card when we were going to purchase our windows and installation from them. We ended up not going with them, but we got a huge credit line, so we did decide to use them for our insulation installation and for our new hot water heater, washer, and dishwasher. The 12 months interest free promotions they run are nice, but that is pretty much where it ends. Because this is through Citi bank, the interest rates are great to begin with, even with awesome credit, and then they increase for no reason at all. We would also pay our card off, and then the next month get charged for interest. What? How can you have interest on something you paid off? Customer service is friendly but not that helpful. This last time we paid the card off we went ahead and closed it out. I just really don't like dealing with Citi bank and had we known their card was through Citi, we wouldn't have opened it in the first place.

• Available Rates:

Great for large purchases and projects

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Citi - Home Depot Card:

My husband and I applied for this card when we decided we were going to buy new appliances for the kitchen. They were offering a zero percent financing option on purchases over 300.00 for six months. We were approved and used the card to buy our appliances. I thought it was a great promotion and a way to use credit card money for free for six months. I received the statement after making the purchase and noticed that since the purchase was for over 2,000.00, the zero percent financing did not apply. I called customer service and that was the case with the promotion. I really could not blame Home Depot, I should have read the terms of the offer as well. The customer service representative was great in helping and adjusted our account to reflect the zero interest since we were only 30.00 over the 2,000.00. I was impressed that they worked with us, and will use the card again for major purchases.