Other Credit Cards:

Citi - Forward Visa Card

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Many incentives to have this card

I applied for the Citi Dividend card, but once I saw the rewards for this card, I converted (they kept same account number).

To start off, you get 6000 bonus...Read complete review

To start off, you get 6000 bonus points after spending $50 within the first 3 months.  You get an additional 5000 points for signing up to receive paperless statements.  You also receive 100 bonus points per month by making a purchase, paying at least your monthly minimum, and staying within your credit limit.  For purchases, you earn 5 points per dollar at restaurants (including fast food), movies (this could be great for those who like to buy food at the concession), books, music, and movie store rentals.  Everything else earns 1 point per dollar.

As far as I can see, Thank you points can be redeemed for gift cards up to a rate of 1 point per dollar.  If you want cash back instead, 5 points per dollar equates to about 3.125%.  Thank you points can be earned through other sites as well, such as Expedia, which I plan to check out.

I'm getting 0% introductory rate for about 6 months, and my variable rate after that is 11.24%.  You can have an APR reduction of up to 2% by paying on time every month.

It's okay, but not good for cash rewards

Citi has some good rewards with this card, like 5 points for money spent at restaurants. However, the redemption rates are not very good for cash. If you are using it to get gift cards and things like that, it's fine. I, however, like to get cash or statement credits, and the redemption rate for those things are not really great. If you want cash back, pick a more efficient card.

The good

from Tripoli

The very good the nice

good one i guess

from eloued, algeria

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

i dont have one but all my friend who have it tell me that it is very good card and have many positive sides, i think i will get it.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Excellent benefits

from NA

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

I owned this Citi Forward Visa Card sometime back and I absolutely loved its features. The rewards it used to offer for each purchase made by using the card were not given by any other visa card and the fee also was very less compared to other cards. It offered bonus points for each paperless statement and it gave a reward of about 10000 points for making a purchase of about $650 in the first three months of owning this card and it helped me to redeem my points for a huge range of gift cards. I used to spend a lot online as well as offline and so I made a purchase of over $700 in the first 3 months that made me eligible for the reward points. There was a credit score as well that sued to monitor my spending and timely payments and reward me with a lower interest rate. In addition to the rewards, I used to also get a cashback on making a purchase with a credit card on many websites that was a bonus for me. It offered a number of additional benefits as well like retail purchase protection, travel insurance and so on but I never used for it for those benefits. I have upgraded my card a long time ago but still this card was a big savior for me.

great card

from toronto,canada

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

Citi - Forward Visa Card is great. You can earn points for making your everyday purchases and also you can earn points for paying your bill on time, things you should do if you are financially responsible anyhow.
its like being rewarded for following the rules. Following those rules can also get your interest rate lowered.by the way i use it all the time!

Customer Service:
Citi has excellent customer service. Every time I call with a question, I am, greeted by a friendly, knowledgeable customer service representative. On the rare occasion they are not able to answer my question immediately, they go the extra mile to get me the correct answer in a timely fashion.

Available Rates:
Rates are based on your personal credit history and score as with all banks.
Citi offers competitive rates to keep your business.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

a great card to have in your wallet

from Millstone Township, NJ

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

I have had this credit card for about 8 years now. The best benefit is that you ear 5 points per dollar for dining. Since restaurants is a big spending category for me, it works out great. I think they may have devalued this card, but if you were lucky enough to be an "old timer" it works out great. The points can be redeemed for merchandise, cash or travel. I think they also give you incentives for paying your bill on time, etc. While I don't use this card for every purchase, I like it in the wallet for select categories. They also used to give 5% at amazon, which was a nice perk. Citibank is easy for me to deal with on credit cards and you can combine several credit card rewards in their "thank you" program. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the rate for this card since I never carry a balance and mainly use credit cards for the rewards that they offer. I think that they also offer an incentive of some extra points for new card customers.

• Available Rates:

I use my Citi Forward to earn gift cards!

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

I signed up for several Citi credit cards, and one of them is the Forward Card. This card has a sleek design as you can see by the image. The card itself is sturdy and I haven't had any problem with the strip on the back side getting faded or worn out at all.

Citi has a Thank You Rewards program that earns you points for every dollar you spend on your credit card. So I typically put all my purchases on my credit card and pay it off in full at the end of every month. That way, I am not paying interest and I am earning points to redeem for gift cards!

If you do carry a balance, the interest rate on this card is fair, at least compared to other major credit card companies, and you won't be paying an arm and a leg in interest, unless of course you carry a very large balance.

Overall I would recommend this credit card- mainly for the points you can earn just for using it, the sleek design, and the low interest rate. Visa is accepted at virtually any retailer.

best credit card

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

After spending 3 months researching benefits of the credit card world, I chose CitiBank card with Thank You Points. I get real cash for the reward of MY CHOICE, and it is easy to amass a lot of points quickly and points do not expire. In addition, in the 13 yrs I have been a CitiBank customer, I have received spectacular customer service always from a live person 24/7. In addition, they take fraud protection seriously. I called CitiBank when I misplaced my card; they put a hold on my account, giving me time to search for it. I determined that it was lost; they immediately closed that account, opened a new account for me and mailed a new card to me. I recommend CitiBank wholeheartedly.

Customer Service
I can reach a live customer service agent on the phone anytime that I call, 24/7, and my question is answered or my problem resolved. They even notice if my credit card is used in another state, and they call to ask me about it. Now I call them before I leave for vacation so that they make a note on my account.

Available Rates
I pay my bill in full every month, and so interest rates are not a consideration for me.

Good Card

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

With this card I have earned five bonus points on dining at my favorite restaurants like Chile's and bookstores. I do like that I earn points just for paying your bill on time which is something no other credit card company offers. They also send me promotional emails were I can earn additional points.
The downside to this card is that fact that the points have been has devalued. I forget the ratio but when i use my thank you points on various retailers its not a one to one.
There are many options and features on the website, such as easy bill paying and links to earn extra reward points and how to redeem them. The company is pretty forgiving for being late with payments. I usually turn in my thank you points for Amazon gift cards and I can even use my point directly at Amazon check out which is faster then waiting for a card in the mail.

Customer Service
They has superior customer service. Each time I call in they are humble and ready to help.

Great Credit Card w Rewards

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

The Citi Forward card is great. You can earn points for making your everyday purchases, and also earn points for paying your bill on time and staying under your assigned credit limit, things you should do if you are financially responsible anyhow. its like being rewarded for following the rules. Following those rules can also get your interest rate lowered. I love my Forward card and use it all the time!

Available Rates
Rates are based on your personal credit history and score as with all banks. Citi offers competitive rates to keep your business. Follow the rules and make timely payments and you can have your rate lowered as a perk of having this card.

GREAT

Comments about Citi - Forward Visa Card:

This is one of the few credit card companies that I can say I actually trust with my whole bank account! I love using this card and scanning it every time I shop! I could shop for groceries to clothing and still use this card in every transaction! I have been with this credit card company for about 7 years, never once have I been scammed or too much money has been taken out of my account. I trust my whole wallet with this card! But lets not forget all the rewards that come with spending money using this card. I have redeemed my reward points for numerous gift cards these past few years and the lucky thing is I am not in debt!!! Also a big PRO is if you pay your balance on time each month your APR rate can go be reduced! Applying and using this card is one of the best financial decisions I've ever made.

Customer Service
Any time I have had a problem, I contact the company via telephone and always get my question answered! Even if I contact through email it won't take more than 48 hours and I love not having to wait every time I have a question about a credit transaction.