3.2

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Rates:

gotta love those points!!

I am a great collector of credit cards, and my Drivers Edge has become my most recent favorite.

The whole point of my using credit cards to pay for everything is to accumulate points, and right now this card has that function down!  The initial promo was sweet, but even after the expiration, I still find this the best card for those who collect Thank You Points from Citibank.  Originally the card offered 6 rebate points per dollar spent on groceries gas and drugstore items.  After a year it decreased to 3 points per dollar for these spend categories and 1 point for everything else.  What adds to the fun is that they also offer drive rebate points of 1 point per mile driven on your registered vehicle, and since I am a driving fool, I have racked up many thousand points simply by doing what I like best. So during my first year I was getting 12 points per dollar by adding spend points plus miles driven points.  Now I get 6, but am still happy with that.

After you get your statement each month you can call them and have your rebate point converted to Thank You Points.  The Thank You Point Program offers a delicious variety of rewards on their website; far more and better rewards than any other credit card reward program in my opinion.  If you don't like all the tasty rewards, you can stick with the rebates good towards the purchase of a new car, or toward maintenance expenses on your registered vehicle.

As a veteran of many reward programs, I am always scouting for the next best deal, and so far ther are few to compare to what this card offers.

This citi driver's edge card is a rip off.

Yes, many of us cannot survive in todays word without the help of a bit of credit.  I ask you at what price must we pay?  I unfortunately lost my job, and was in a position I needed to charge groceries for my family for a few months.  I missed a payment and was called by the citi driver's edge company.  I told them my situation, but they weren't willing to bend on my late fee.  Also, my APR went up to 21%.  I am just trying to get by, not live frivolously.  It just doesn't seem fair that when a person has an unforeseen event in their life, the credit card company can just make it that much worse.

Also, this credit  card is famous for it's fine print.  You can consolidate or do a transfer balance, but they usually offer it right before the change of the new year.  They try and make it seem like you will be saving so much money when in reality, you save for 2 months and then the APR jumps sky high.  Also, if you miss a payment by a day, the APR jumps sky high.

In short, be careful and try to pay cash!!!!!

If you could have only one credit card, this is it.

from Baldwin, NY

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

This card pays you back for the things you probably buy most -- gas, groceries and drugstore purchases. The rebates on those items are a generous 6% for the first year you have the card, then drop to 3%. (Other purchases earn a 1% rebate.)

The money really adds up quickly, and the best part is that if you sign up for a separate "Options" program, you can get paid back for all repairs and service on your car -- up to $5,000 per visit. Oil changes, tire changes, inspections -- no service is too minor to qualify. You can also get rebates for car purchases or leases, although I don't know anyone who would buy a car with a credit card. You can also put in claims for the mileage you drive --  $1 in Drive Rebates for every 100 miles you drive, up to $500 in Drive Rebates each year.

If you don't want to use the money toward car expenses, then you can always convert your rebates into Thank You points through the Thank You network, which awards merchandise and cash.

This link explains the program:

gotta love those points!!

from Santa Paula, CA

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

driver's edge - makes you money while you sit behind the wheel

from Kansas City, KS

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

Citi Card Driver's Edge was my first and is my only credit card, so I can't compare Citi to a lot of other companies. This particular card has been very lucrative for me. I've had it for about 4 years and have made about $1000 from both driving and interest (3% on groceries, drug stores and gas; 1% on everything else). You can use the rewards on a new car or car repairs/maintenance (like oil changes) or you can convert the rewards to thank you points through the thank you network (from which you can get money for virtually anything). I got $800 to pay off my student loans.

Customer service from citi is generally pretty good. Their website is pretty user-friendly, as well. I forgot to pay my credit card one month, though, and if you are late they make you jump through all sorts of hoops on the website to be able to pay your credit card off.

Overall, it's a good first credit card. Just don't be stupid and forget to pay one month!

They don't value their customers

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

They closed my account without warning for low usage and gave me no option to keep it open. I lose the credit line and rewards. I might well have used it had I known, but they left no option. It's a bad business practice. I'm sorry we can not do business and plan to avoid citi for any other accounts as well.

Citibank gives very good service whenever I call with a problem

from Buena Park, CA

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

Citibank Driver's Edge Master Card doesn't impress me with their rewards program, however the service I have received over the phone when there has been a problem has been excellent.  When I am out of the country I appreciate that I can call collect and they have attended me quickly and efficiently.  The biggest draw for me with this credit card is the no annual fee.  I am very satisfied with this product.