3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

gotta love those points!!

I am a great collector of credit cards, and my Drivers Edge has become my most recent favorite.

The whole point of my using credit cards to pay for everything is to accumulate points, and right now this card has that function down!  The initial promo was sweet, but even after the expiration, I still find this the best card for those who collect Thank You Points from Citibank.  Originally the card offered 6 rebate points per dollar spent on groceries gas and drugstore items.  After a year it decreased to 3 points per dollar for these spend categories and 1 point for everything else.  What adds to the fun is that they also offer drive rebate points of 1 point per mile driven on your registered vehicle, and since I am a driving fool, I have racked up many thousand points simply by doing what I like best. So during my first year I was getting 12 points per dollar by adding spend points plus miles driven points.  Now I get 6, but am still happy with that.

After you get your statement each month you can call them and have your rebate point converted to Thank You Points.  The Thank You Point Program offers a delicious variety of rewards on their website; far more and better rewards than any other credit card reward program in my opinion.  If you don't like all the tasty rewards, you can stick with the rebates good towards the purchase of a new car, or toward maintenance expenses on your registered vehicle.

As a veteran of many reward programs, I am always scouting for the next best deal, and so far ther are few to compare to what this card offers.

This citi driver's edge card is a rip off.

Yes, many of us cannot survive in todays word without the help of a bit of credit.  I ask you at what price must we pay?  I unfortunately lost my job, and was in a position I needed to charge groceries for my family for a few months.  I missed a payment and was called by the citi driver's edge company.  I told them my situation, but they weren't willing to bend on my late fee.  Also, my APR went up to 21%.  I am just trying to get by, not live frivolously.  It just doesn't seem fair that when a person has an unforeseen event in their life, the credit card company can just make it that much worse.

Also, this credit  card is famous for it's fine print.  You can consolidate or do a transfer balance, but they usually offer it right before the change of the new year.  They try and make it seem like you will be saving so much money when in reality, you save for 2 months and then the APR jumps sky high.  Also, if you miss a payment by a day, the APR jumps sky high.

In short, be careful and try to pay cash!!!!!

Disappointed - "credit score" feature advertised in 2015

from Columbus Ohio

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

I signed up for credit score benefit via this card. But it is not really a benefit,it is a slick strategy that some marketing geek came up with to compete with Discovery card and the give the perception that Citi offers the benefit of providing your credit score easily but they do not, whoever the customer representative was told me to call the different bureas myself.

Citibank Drivers Edge Credit Card

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

I paid my monthly bills faithfully for many years and the first time they ever received an NSF (not sufficient funds) check they cancelled the card and CONFISCATED ALL MY REBATES, $700, Please don't be taken by CITIBANK. They know most people won't sue for a relatively small amount like that but do you really want to build up rebates to have them unfairly confiscated? I paid $35,000 to them to build up those rebates, and they just snapped their fingers and it was gone.

Available Rates
As high as anyone out there.

Good Card

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

I like this card. The rebates are really nice. It is fast and easy to get the rebates. Customer service is really good. To get the rebates just print off the rebate form from the website and mail it in. Then they send you a check. Couldn't be easier to get a rebate.

Great rewards program

from East Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

I've had the Citi - Driver’s Edge credit card for about 10 years and love everything about it. They have excellent customer service and try to customize the card to fit your needs in every way, from payment due date to rewards.

They offer rewards from both driving and a thank you network based on dollars spent. You get rewards on money you spend on groceries and gas, besides other items. You can use the rewards either on a new car or car repairs and maintenance or you can use their thank you network for gift cards or cash.

Citibank is a great stable company, so you know they will always be there. If you need to choose between credit cards, I recommend the Citi – Driver’s Edge credit card if you love rewards that add up fast.

• Available Rates:

Great rebate card for car purchases!

from Shepherdsville, KY

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

This card offers 6 months of a 6% rebate at drugstores, grocery stores, and gas purchases. Everything else (and after the 6 months) is 1%. The rewards add up fast! To redeem for the full value, just send in the form to have it applied as credit, toward any car work you've had done (tune-up, oil change, tires, etc).This card is easy to pay online, and has a decent image on the card (who wants a boring-looking credit card?).The 2 drawbacks for this card are: 1) you have to mail in the form to get the credit, OR 2) you have to call to have the rebate converted to points in the Thank You network. And the points only work out to about 1/2 your rebate. Also, it's important to note that the rebate can only be applied to 1 car, so make sure you send in the correct information.In all, it's worth it, if you don't carry a balance each month and you have regular maintenance done on your car.

everyone should take one

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

Citi cards have a lot of credit cards  like drivers edge..which gives you points on every mile that you drive in your car. mastercard...that gives you 3 points for every dollar spent..and the best part is  you can consolidate all the points earned on different cards together. They things you can buy out of those points are useful, do not require a lot of points and humongous

drivers edge makes it easy to earn rewards

from Independence, MO

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

This was my first credit card and I have nothing bad to say about it! Since it was my first card, they were great in teaching me proper credit usage and how to pay off my balance every month. They offer a great rewards program that you are automatically enrolled in called the Thank You Network. When you use your credit card, you earn points based on the dollar amount you spend and then call the Thank You Network to convert your points into Thank You Points to redeem for gift cards, cash back, statement credit, ect.

One thing I wish this card would do was make it easier for the card members to send receipts. You get more points when you do things for your car and charge them to this card but you have to send the receipts and I don't think I should have to do that. They obviously know where you are spending your money and should be able to just have you email what the service was instead of having to mail something that takes forever for them to credit your account.

This citi driver's edge card is a rip off.

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

In short, be careful and try to pay cash!!!!!

They don't value their customers

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

I had a Citi Driver's Edge card for years, but they've closed the account with little warning and given me no option to keep it open. This is a terrible business practice. I'm going to avoid Citi if at all possible. I lose the credit line I wanted to keep and may well have used the card heavily again.

If you could have only one credit card, this is it.

from Baldwin, NY

Comments about Citi - Driver's Edge Card:

This card pays you back for the things you probably buy most -- gas, groceries and drugstore purchases. The rebates on those items are a generous 6% for the first year you have the card, then drop to 3%. (Other purchases earn a 1% rebate.)

The money really adds up quickly, and the best part is that if you sign up for a separate "Options" program, you can get paid back for all repairs and service on your car -- up to $5,000 per visit. Oil changes, tire changes, inspections -- no service is too minor to qualify. You can also get rebates for car purchases or leases, although I don't know anyone who would buy a car with a credit card. You can also put in claims for the mileage you drive --  $1 in Drive Rebates for every 100 miles you drive, up to $500 in Drive Rebates each year.

If you don't want to use the money toward car expenses, then you can always convert your rebates into Thank You points through the Thank You network, which awards merchandise and cash.

This link explains the program: