1.8

1.8

Pros

Cons

Lifetime customer

I have had a Cincinnati Bell home phone account long before the cell phone was invented.  I now have both a home phone and cell phone through Cincinnati Bell.  I even have internet service through Cincinnati Bell.  I have no complaints other than they seem to be a little pricey.

Worst Home Phone & Internet Service - EVER!

Cincinnati Bell has by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Combine this with the fact their phone and internet service is not brilliant and their prices are too high and you have a real losing combination on your hands! Avoid Cincinnati Bell services at all cost!!Each time I have to call customer service I have to wait for a 'callback' for no less than 41 minutes (the least amount of time I have had to wait) and up to 1 hour and 48 minutes (regardless if the time of day). Waiting nearly 2 hours for a callback is ridiculous, especially when the representative who calls back is not prepared to help (or even be polite and courteous), nor does he or she have the answers to my questions. On more than one occasion there has been a billing mistake which resulted in our account being overcharged by nearly $20 per month. After phoning (and of course waiting for the inept 'callback') I was told that our original contract which was signed off by them, was no longer a valid price. (With little to no explanation I was essentially told it was their mistake and there was nothing they could do about it!) I was also told that a rebate offered to me (for $50 for a Zoomtown services bundle) was no longer valid, despite it being attached to my original order!

We have now suffered through 1 full year with this hideous company and are very much so looking forward to cutting all ties with them. One of the last straws came this month when our rate of service suddenly increased by $25 with NO warning or explanation. I am still waiting on my 'callback' to discuss this one with them...

My best recommendation is to avoid using this company at all costs!

Get somebody else

from Withamsville, OH

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

The bill just keeps going up. Mine jumped $50 in a month. I had to call multiple times and was told that my bill would decrease. It never did. These people will lie to you and when you're finally so frustrated that you can't stand it any more they will keep you on the phone forever trying to give you better prices. On top of all this, I cancelled 2 days after a new billing cycle so I'm going to get billed for a month's price for 2 days of "service." This company is aweful.

Review is for the Fioptics cable and internet

from Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson Township

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

I do not recommend Cincinnati Bell Fioptics at all. I have had so many problems since I had it installed 2 months ago. I have had 3 technicians out to my house, have made numerous calls to tech support and the problems are still ongoing. The problems aren't at my house, its with their service itself. I'm very frustrated since these problems are never fixed. The internet is so unreliable and will go out very frequently-almost every night. The network is very congested and overloaded and speeds are always slow and never what you pay for. I have done numerous speedtests and I never have gotten the 30 MB I am paying for. The cable service is just as bad and troublesome. The HD cable channels freeze up a lot and channel changing/scrolling through channels is not smooth. It takes a while for a channel to load. A lot of times, the channels will pixelate like they aren't getting enough bandwidth to be powered. The cable is unreliable to and will go out a lot during a heavy rain or winds. Picture quality on the digital channels is bad to. Now, Bell is taking away cable channels and raising modem and cable rates. Its not worth what you pay for and customer service is atrocious. Go with another provider.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Avoid Cincinnati Bell Fioptics big time

from Anderson Township, Ohio

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

The Fioptics brand from Cincinnati Bell is terrible. Everything about it and the company is subpar and cheap. First of all, the customer service is awful. They are all foreigners who can't speak English and will pass you from person to person. They will put you on hold for 25 minutes and then just tell you to reset your modem over and over. Then they ask you to keep repeating things. As for the cable, it is subpar to. Many of the HD channels freeze up when you change the channel. They also pixelate a lot and are not clear or sharp. The channels aren't getting enough bandwidth to load or change properly. The cable goes out a lot when its rainy or windy to. Their internet, even with fiber, is slow and you never get the speeds you pay for. Their network is always congested and will go down randomly every other night. The latest thing is-they are starting to take away channels in efforts to cut costs. They've cut WGN, ION and possibly AMC now. Whatever you do, find another provider and don't be fooled by the Fioptics salesmen.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Worst customer service and horrible policies

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

The company has horrible policies put in place to take as much of your money for bad service. I can' t think of anything good to say about any service.

Customer Service
The worst customer service I have ever encountered. This was the second time I used their service. I should have known after the last ridiculous experience not to use them again; however, after 10 years I decided to give them another chance. DON'T!!!

Terrible

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

I agree with most of the other reviewers- stay away from Cincinnati Bell Wireless! This company is complete waste of money and time. I am so glad that I choose not to sign a contract and pay higher rates to have the option to terminate at any time. The customer service representatives are complete boneheads because they can never answer your questions. All they do the whole time you are on the phone is try to sell you more products you do not need. Or they try to upgrade your existing service to some other money eating service plan. Their bundles are jokes because they actually disguise that they are charging you more money. They have also started to charge extra for services that used to be free and still are free as the industry standard; for instance charges for calls to 800 numbers that should be free. If you are thinking of going with this company, please turn around and run the other way before you are so disappointed.

Complete garbage!

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

This company is garbage! Their employees are hit or miss when it comes to costumer service. Their managers are useless. The techs that come out to your house are nice, but don't seen to always know what they are doing or are always in a rush. When you try to speak to someone higher then a manager you get the complete runaround. Fioptics skips, freezes, and goes out weekly!

Call Quality
Outsourced their costumer service to somewhere over seas. Really?

Customer Service
One man at the florence mall, the only person that would listen to me and help me out. Thank you Myles!

I hate Cincinnati Bell

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

Terrible, dishonest. If you can avoid them like the plague!!!! This company is a shame to it's name and the city! Service is bad, customer service is even worse and when you think you done with them they send you a bill for the equipment you returned over a month ago. If I have to I will hire an attorney and sue them for all the aggravation and lost time.

• Customer Service:

Cant wait till contracts up

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

Cincinnati Bell is a joke there customer service is terrible. I came home from vacation to find my internet was down. I called customer service they told me that I called up and cancelled my service which was a load of c%%p. I explained to the women I could hardly understand that this was a mistake on there part that I had not made such a call.
I asked her to turn it back on she said a technician would have to come out which made no sense. But I agreed to let them come out the women tried to tell me that my cost was going to increase I didnt agree with this seeing that this was there screw up she finally agreed after I let her know that I wasnt happy. I asked to talk to a manager one was supposed to call back but it has been 2 days and no one has called.I called back later that day to try to get a hold of someone that had an IQ but I was disappointed again this time the clown I spoke to tried to say that I didnt pay my bill thats why it was shut off. I explained that I had paid on time with receipts she told me to go to a cincinnati bell store and have this straightened out. So I did they checked into it and found that I did pay and that someone at the store accidentally shut off the wrong service. When the technician showed up he was under the impression this was a new hook up, he explained that he would make sure that they dont charge me for his visit. For that everything was already hooked up and there was nothing for him to hook up. The technician was professional and helpful every one else I dealt was worthless.
PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO NOT GO WITH CINCINNATI BELL THEY ARE DISHONEST CLUELESS AND TREAT THERE CUSTOMERS BADLY

Customer Service
Worthless they would be better not even having. Very rude and worthless.

• Customer Service:

How do they stay in business???

from West Chester, OH

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

Just shelled out $250 to terminate our contract early - worth every penny. Not one good thing about them. Sales reps high pressure - talk fast and confusing. Had very poor service and constant dropped calls in my own home - and then they wanted to charge me for a signal booster. Had terrible service as well when traveling - even in major cities. Had to stand still while talking or would lose the connection. All their customer service reps are overseas - can't understand them. when we had to make a special call to straighten out our last bill - we were charged $5 for the call. I'm a realtor and this carrier was absolutely detrimental to my business. In case you're wondering....we switched to Verizon. Their customer service so far has been amazing as is their service and coverage.

• Customer Service:

super high price for internet speeds that are far short of most

from cincinnati, OH

Comments about Cincinnati Bell Wireless:

unless you really hate the cable company, (like I do) don't bother with zoomtown dsl internet from cincinnati bell telephone.
it's $46 a month and you only get 4 mb downloads and 600kb uploads.
that's the bottom of the barrel when it comes to high speed internet services these days. roadrunner's standard is way above those limits for the same price.

I can barely stream Hulu+ it's that slow. and not to mention often seems to be on the slow side when browsing the net.

they also have an annoying browser search hijack the pull every now and then on you. one day your search provider is set to use google or bing etc, the next search you do pops up to zoomtown search powerd by yahoo.
they wouldn't tell me on the phone how to change it back either. I had to search the internet. I was very very pissed about that. to the point I really considered dropping them after I've had this service since 2001.