3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Clear Care by Ciba Vision is the Best Cleanser for Soft Contacts

In 2006, I was addicted to **Renu Multipurpose **and it was the only product I would buy for my contact lens care. Then in February 2006 I heard there was a recall and this product had been linked to eye diseases that were making people blind! I had heard that certain bottles were still safe, but I wasn't willing to risk it. My next try was **Complete**. That worked out great for about a year. Then earlier in 2007 there were news stories out that Complete was being recalled! Once again, certain types were safe but I couldn't risk it. I'm not willing to risk my sight.When I found **Clear Care **on the shelf I did some research first. I set up an alert for "clear care recall" on google news and have yet to receive any bad news about this product. After my search came out clean, I bought it. I've been using this product since May 2007 and I now am sure it is the only product I will use for my lens care (unless it gets recalled!)**The Usage and How it Differs******Products like Renu are used in your hand. You put the lens in your hand, pour the solution on it, rub it a bit to get any dust or dirt off of it, then put it in a container with more solution to soak until next use. When you are ready to wear them, you usually want to do another rinse and rub before putting them in your eyes.With Clear Care, you put your lenses into a lens holder. You rinse the lenses for a few minutes through the holes. Then you fill the Clear Care container and place the lens holder into the solution. You must not take your lenses out for 6 hours. After 6 hours, you can take the contacts out and put them on with no rinsing needed.You'll see a chemical reaction when you put the holder into the container. I see the bubbling action through the clear case and the bubbles float up through my contacts cleaning them all over.**So... Does it actually work better?******Yes! When I put my contacts in they feel so clean that I definitely feel the difference. With Renu I often had to rub and rub in order to get all the particles off my lenses. I have an eye problem where I produce more protein then usual, so I really have to clean my lenses thoroughly.  I could never get them 100% clean so I often tossed my disposable lenses early for the next pair. Now that I'm using Clear Care, my lenses come out so clean that I often wear them longer than the 1 month they were meant for.In addition, since I never have to rub my lenses, I don't rip them.... ever! When I used Renu, I was rubbing them so much that they would rip, tear, and need to be replaced. This was frustrating, but if I didn't rub, they wouldn't get clean. Now that I have Clear Care, my lenses rarely rip because I'm never touching them other then to put them in and take them out.**And By the way, that container is better too!******When I used Renu, they had flat containers where you have two sides and two lids. The lids were often hard to take off and I wasn't confident it wouldn't leak. I would never shake the case because the lenses would get stuck in a weird spot and not be in the liquid anymore. Since the case was white, I couldn't tell if my lenses were covered in the solution so I just had to hope for the best. The lenses would fall to the bottom of the container so I always felt like only one side was getting cleaned.Please see the case in the picture so you can understand. The Clear Care case is much better. Both lenses fit in to one case in flip open spots for the contacts. These flip open spots are full of holes so that when you put the holder into the Clear Care container, the bubbles can come up and massage the lenses on both sides. There is only one lid to tighten and it's very easy to open and close. I've turned this container all around and upside down but it doesn't matter, the lenses stay in place and the container doesn't leak.**There's gotta be a Downside******Well actually there is one downside. With Renu I could spot clean my contacts as needed. If my contacts were bugging me, I could take them out, rinse them, and put them back in. However, Clear Care is made different than these other solutions. Since the product is not actually Saline until it reacts with the container, you cannot just rinse your contacts and put them in your eyes. In fact, when using Clear Care, you can't put the contacts in for 6 hours. That isn't just a recommendation, that's a warning. To make up for this, I buy Visine for Contacts. This way I can clean and refresh my eyes on the spot whenever I need.**Conclusion******I don't care if all the recalls for Renu go away, I still am afraid to use them. Since I've found Clear Care, I have no reason to switch back anyway! Clear Care is convenient and leaves me with the best clean feeling I've ever gotten from a contact solution. I plan to use this product for years to come and pray for no more recalls! Enjoy!!

Poor labeling, excrutiating pain, damaged my eye with Clear Care

After reading the label stating, "One bottle solution for cleaning and disinfecting, clinically proven #1 in comfort NO RUB.  Cleans, Disinfects, and removes protein for all soft and RPG contacts", I thought this was like other all-in-one solutions that can be put directly in the eye, just better quality.  I bought the travel size since I was going on vacation.  The bottle is so small with fine print, that the other directions were not readable. Immediatly when putting my contact in, the pain was excrutiating, probably the worst pain of my life.  My eye was burned as if acid had been placed in it.   I did multiple flushes, cold packs, etc.  The next morning, I had a blister on the white part of my eye!  I didn't know that was possible and was afraid for my vision.  Needless to say, my vacation was effected but more importantly, so is my vision.  Pain is still present, I plan to pursue this incident with the company

love it! but be careful...

Pros

• Cleans Contacts
  • Removes Protein Buildup
  • Safe
  • Sterilizes Contacts

Cons

• If You Mess Up Burns Bad
  • Takes Too Long

• Cleaning
  • Daily Use

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

I wear a lot of eye makeup, and it is hard on my contacts. I have gone to the optometrist and gotten brand new contacts and when she looked at them there was already protein buildup. My lenses were only staying clear and comfortable for a few days after opening them. She recommended clear care and gave me all the warnings about not putting it straight into your eyes. If you read the box and use it correctly, this solution does the trick. My contacts now stay clear and comfortable for three or more weeks. It gets the makeup off of them and the feel new every day. If you aren't using it correctly though, it's bad. I have messed up a couple times and it is just like lighting your eye on fire. But as long as you rinse with water and wear glasses for the rest of the day it is no problem. Just have a backup pair of contacts and follow the instructions and you should be fine. Even after scorching my eyes with it like five times now, I haven't changed solutions, it is that good.

Best solution I have found.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

I have worn contacts for the past thirty years. I have had a history of severe protein build up on the soft contacts that I've worn. I even tried gas permeable lenses for a short time to avoid the problems that I had. However, since I started using Clear Care, I have had no problems whatsoever! This product is great. It is very important to follow the directions, however, and let the solution sit as long as recommended.

Hygienic and simple

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

I love this contact solution because it's a no-brainer. You don't have to fuss over buying new contact cases all the time or worry that your contacts are building up too much protein or anything like that. This solution keeps your contacts insanely clean with their bubbling action that gets rid of dust, debris, protein, and other residue that might build up on your contacts throughout the day. Your contacts truly feel cleaner when you put them in your eyes after using this solution compared to regular no-rub solutions like Opti-free. I also really think this solution hydrates your contacts better than other solutions as well. When I use this on my contacts the night before my normally dry eyes can handle the contacts so much better and for longer, so if you suffer from dry eyes this might be something to try.
One downside is that once you put your contacts in the solution, you can't take them out and put them in your eyes for a whole six hours, so if you need to see you definitely should have a pair of backup glasses just in case. If you try to put them in your eyes before the 6 hours, it will burn from what I've heard, so I would avoid that at all costs. But once the 6 hours are up, you can rest assured that your contacts are clean, hydrated, and ready for your eyes.

Best Contact Solution I've Tried.

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

I have had many cases of conjunctivitis through the years, but not since I started using Clear Care. This disinfecting solution was recommended to me by my contact lens care specialist. I was given a free sample to try at home. I was having trouble with solutions bothering my eyes, but I stopped having trouble after I began using this solution.

Works well.

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

I was having trouble with a combination of dry eye and my eyes tearing when I was outside. At the time it was the fall, and I was outside a lot since I had a part time job as a soccer coach. It got to the point where I began to wonder if I had restasis or some other eye condition.
I went to see the ophthalmologist, and he asked me what contact solution I was using. At the time I was using different "no rub" solutions such as Alcon and Bosch and Lomb. He told me to try CIBA Clear Care. Apparently, my eyes had become sensitive to the chemicals in the "no rub" solution. I switched, and the problem went away within a short time. I've also found the the CIBA Clear Care is easier to use, and gets my soft contact lenses cleaner. I have been using it ever since, and haven't had any issues with dry eye as before. It may be a tad more expensive than the more traditional solutions, but it's worth it for me.

If you have allergies...

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

I used to use a different brand of contact solution that wasn't hypoallergenic, and it was always a constant battle every day. Because this solution is peroxide based, when you put your contacts in the special contact container with this solution, it pretty much kills everything on your contacts making them feel like new, longer. I would recommend it to anybody, but especially if you have eye allergies.

Only solution I can use!

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

I have bad eye allergies this is the only solution that doesnt make me itchy and red. I have tried switching 3 differnt brands of contacts, as well as 4 differnt soulutions. This was the only thing that would allow me to wear contacts. I let them soak for 6 hours or more, and rinse with sensitive eyes saline solution.

it burns my eyes and made me crycry

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

The second I put my contact in after being the clear care my eye stung and burnt. I couldn't see or take my contact out right away. After I did get it out my eye was red and stingy for hours after. Won't ever buy for myself again and won't recommend to anyone.

Love to use this!

from Albany, NY

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

My only complaint is the price. But I much prefer this over the store brand (though I often buy that if I can't find a coupon for ClearCare). It is easier to squeeze out and doesn't sting my eyes like the store brand does (not squirting IN my eyes, but using for contacts).

EXTREME DANGER: STAY AWAY!!

Comments about CIBA Vision Clear Care Contact Solution:

"Hey, let's create a product that can burn people's eyes out, then market it to unsuspecting customers along with 'all in one' solutions on the shelf without placing proper warnings on the box and only a tiny warning on the bottle itself." Are you people who created this product INSANE?
Purchasing this product, thinking it was another 'all in one', I made the horrific mistake of rinsing my lenses with it and suffered a severe burn to my eye! My eyes have never felt such burning and pain. By the comments of others I see (with the good eye I have left) that I am not the only one. When so many other people experience the same disastrous and dangerous results, clearly there is a problem with either the product or the way it is marketed. How this product has not been pulled from the shelves or been the subject of massive lawsuits is beyond me. Something this dangerous should NOT be on the shelves (at least not without VERY LARGE PRINT WARNINGS) and I feel the creators of this useless product should also be held accountable for their negligence and idiocy!