Other Yogurts:
Chobani

Pros

Cons

• Convenience:

yogurt has never tasted so good!

My husband and I found **Chobani yogurt **quite by accident. We were in BJs Wholesale Club and an elderly lady was handing out samples. It was so good that we immediately bought a 12 pack with a variety of peach, strawberry and blueberry flavors. WOW! The taste is incredible- I can't think of how to describe it.

This rich, creamy yogurt is high in protein, has zero fat, is rich in calcium and is better tasting than any yogurt I have ever eaten. It is all natural, made with live and active cultures and three probiotics. I have osteopenia and do not like milk so I am relying on this yogurt to help me with my calcium intake. It is a treatment I can feel good about.

At this time, there are only five flavors. They are peach, blueberry, strawberry, vanilla and honey. It also comes in original, low-fat and non-fat. Hopefully, they will be adding more. The fruit flavors come with real fruit on the bottom of the cup and stirs up into the yogurt before eating- pure heaven.

The following reasons for eating Chobani is taken from their website:

Yogurt's Top Ten - Wholesome Food for Every Body

1. **Chobani May Help Reduce Osteoporosis Risk**As an excellent source of calcium, yogurt, eaten regularly, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis, the thinning and loss of bone mass that affects 25 million Americans as they age. Greek Yogurt is an excellent dairy food choice for women who limit their intake of milk and cheese, and has many advantages over supplements.

2. **Lactose Intolerant? Chobani Greek Style Yogurt will Help**Studies have shown that the live and active cultures present in yogurt permit yogurt to be eaten by many of the more than one quarter of American adults who ordinarily experience lactose intolerance with other dairy products. Some of the symptoms of lactose intolerance include abdominal cramping and bloating.

3. **Immune Boon**Ongoing studies have shown live and active culture yogurt may enhance the immune systems of certain individuals. Chobani has 3 active probiotics that can help!

4. **Versatile and Convenient**Keep Chobani Greek Style 10% yogurt stocked in your refrigerator to use as a substitute for mayonnaise and sour cream in tuna and other salads; top waffles or pancakes with fruit yogurt; make desserts more healthful by choosing frozen yogurt. Perfect for today's busy schedules, nothing is as convenient to carry with you on a hike or put in a lunch bag as yogurt. For the commuter, Chobani is the perfect portable protein boost.

5. **Combats Yeast Infections**Vaginal yeast infections affect nearly 12 million women each year. Research suggests that regularly eating yogurt containing L. acidophilus may decrease yeast growth and infection in certain individuals.

6. **Colon Protection**Preliminary studies show increasing one's dietary intake of lowfat, calcium-rich dairy products such as yogurt may reduce the risk of colon cancer.

7. **Calcium-Rich**It's a fact: calcium is an essential nutrient, and yogurt is an excellent source of calcium. An average eight-ounce serving of live and active culture yogurt contains approximately 30 percent of the Daily Recommended Value for calcium.

8. **Protein-Dense**An average eight-ounce serving of live and active culture yogurt contains approximately 20 percent of the Daily Value for protein. So protein-dense, yogurt is now considered a meat alternate by the United States Department of Agriculture in its school meals programs.

9. **Taste Kids & Parents Love**Yogurt is one food that gets the "thumbs up" from both parents and kids. Chobani's a calcium-rich high protein food that will help kids grow and start them on the road to good bone health in later life.

10. **Variety**With 8 different flavors available in Non Fat, 2% Fat and 10% Fat Chobani has a yogurt for everyone. Choose from Fruit on the Bottom or Plain with add-ins like mixed nuts or different style fruits. Try Chobani as a frozen treat or in dipping sauces and salad dressings.

**Bottomline:**

*I think they left out the best reason: It just tastes good!*

The yogurt is a bit pricey compared to some of the other yogurts on the market. When you consider that it is all natural, has lower sugar and higher in protein- I think you will not mind paying the few pennies more for it.

ABSOLUTE SHIT

I'm overall a big fan of healthy foods and heard that chobani yogurt is one of the best yogurts and decided to try it out. This was hands down the most DISGUSTING thing I've ever smelled and tasted. You get this horrible sour milk after taste and the consistency is enough to make your stomach turn. Even though it was expensive, I threw out the whole thing after 1 bite. Never again. Save your money.

Skip this Greek Yogurt!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

I am a huge fan of Greek Yogurt and when I heard that Chobani was now making their own version of Greek Yogurt I was very excited because I have also been a very big fan of Chobani for a while and love all of their yogurts. I went out and bought this in a few different flavors just so that I could try a variety and find the ones that I liked the best out of all of them. When I opened it I noticed this was super watery on top, so I mixed it up and took a bite. I instantly wanted to spit it out as this has the worst consistency and texture of any Greek Yogurt that I have ever tried, it was just awful. The flavor of this yogurt was seriously lacking and after I tried four different flavors of it and they all ended up falling flat and not meeting my expectations I decided to throw in the towel. This yogurt just tastes wrong, the flavors are not good and even though they have a large variety I have found nothing about it that I liked. It was mushy and watered down and just nasty.

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

While I like Chobani Greek yogurt for eating plain, I prefer it for cooking and baking. This yogurt has more of a sour taste to me than other Greek yogurts and even the flavored ones do not mask it well for me. This yogurt works very well in desserts and as a substitute for sour cream (the plain one). I use it to make cucumber sauce and a variety of desserts as well. They do have a large variety of flavors if you do not mind the slightly sour taste. They are very filling as well since Greek yogurt is high in protein. Overall it's a great low fat, healthy snack that is also great in cooking.

Flavor/Taste
To me this has more of a sour taste to it. I usually only use this for cooking and baking since I do not really like the aftertaste this product leaves.

Variety
They do have quite a large variety of flavors.

Consistency
It is extremely thick like most Greek yogurts. Mix well before eating.

Convenience
It is a great healthy snack and a low fat way to add flavor to a lot of recipes.

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

My family loves Chobani Greek Yogurt. We have been eating this brand yogurt for about 5 years now. It tastes good, and has a good source of protein. They have many different flavors to choose from, and they also have Chobani Flip Tops. The Chobani Flip Tops are our favorite, especially the Coconut flavored yogurt with the almond slices and chocolate chips. It has a sweeter taste than the other yogurts, so it is a nice treat to have when you are craving something a little sweet. I have used the yogurts to also make smoothies, as I add fruits to the yogurt in a blender. I would highly recommend Chobani Greek Yogurt to anyone.

Flavor/Taste
It is a little thicker than regular yogurt, but tastes great. The flavor does take a little getting use to, compared to regular yogurt.

Variety
They are many different flavors to choose from.

Consistency
A little thicker than regular yogurts.

Convenience
They are convenient to have as a snack or some of them as a sweet treat, with less calories.

• Convenience:

I fell in love at first taste

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

I was walking through WalMart and noticed Chobani Greek Yogurt. I decided to buy two and try them out. This yogurt is so delicious. My favorite is definitely the pineapple flavor. This flavor taste like whipped cream and marshmallows. I still can't believe that it's yogurt. I could have this for dessert any night of the week. It is so thick and creamy. I buy it all the time for the house as well as for my mom and sister. I knew that I would win them over with the pineapple flavor. The blueberry flavor is also delicious. The berries are plump and ooze flavor. I have been a frequent shopper of Chobani Greek Yogurt for years now and the taste remains the same.

Flavor/Taste
All of the flavors are great, but my favorite is pineapple because it taste similar to marshmallows. Even though it's only yogurt, it taste like ice cream with whipped topping.

Variety
They have a great variety to choose from.

Consistency
Chobani Greek Yogurt have always been consistent with their packaging as well as their ingredients.

Convenience
Very easy to find in the supermarket.

Sometimes Plain Is Better

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

When companies started recognizing the protein content of Greek yogurt everyone jumped on the bandwagon to try to make their more appealing or have a wider variety of flavors. The Chobani Greek Yogurt is sold in a lot of different flavors as well as the 100 calorie cups but I prefer the plain unflavored yogurt to add to smoothies and to use with granola. I have bought some of the flavored Chobani in the past and still continue to buy it when it is on sale or there is an in-store promotion but it is a little on the expensive side otherwise.

The five ounce containers contain 130 calories, 6 grams of fat, 70 milligrams of sodium, 7 grams of carbohydrates and 13 grams of protein. If you are eating this without adding anything to it there is a smooth taste to it but if you add fresh sliced peaches or pears the natural juice from the fruit blends with it perfectly. I also like to add granola to this and have it as a "smooth and crunchy" snack.

I am borderline lactose intolerant so there are some yogurt products that simply devastate me but so far the plain Chobani hasn't caused any bathroom issues. While it would be nice to have a zero-carbohydrate yogurt that wouldn't be possible unless they used an artificial sweetener in it. While there are some flavors of Chobani that are mouthwatering it's important to remember that these are not calorie-free treats to be eaten freely. If you have two of them a day as a snack you are getting an extra 260 calories which could end up sabotaging your diet if you are counting calories.

Great for cooking!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

I ran out of sour cream the other day and someone suggested that I used plain yogurt plus a couple other ingredients to substitute. My neighbor had this one available and I had to snag it from her. It is wonderful as a cooking substitute! I added chives, parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper. OMG what a flavor. It seriously tastes delicious and I think its a best alternative due to the low fat content. The thickness makes it even a better alternative to mayo or other dairy creams. I can definitely see this yogurt being used for salad dressings, sandwich creams, and dips.

Flavor/Taste
Delicious. The consistency is great for cooking. I used the plain kind for cooking to make a very smooth white sauce. It is a fresh taste that makes a great cream.

Variety
This yogurt actually comes in every flavor, from cherry to banana, orange, and exotic flavors as well. It has the variety that comes with the new, super popular Greek yogurts.

Consistency
Love the thickness. It is so thick you can shake the container and still feel it there like a custard. This is why it makes such a great cooking ingredient.

Convenience
Definitely a versatile product of great taste and worth using for many different things.

• Convenience:

Great not just for snacking

from College Station, TX

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

I use Chobani Greek yogurt for many things. I enjoy the fruit varieties as a snack or for breakfast. My favorites are blueberry and plum. However, I also use the plain yogurt as an ingredient in various recipes or as a substitute for ingredients such as milk and sour cream. I often purchase the 32 oz tub. I've used it in my scrambled eggs, tartar sauce, mashed potato, and most recently, frozen yogurt. This yogurt is a great, versatile, healthy ingredient and snack.

Flavor/Taste
I'm yet to find a flavor that I dislike but my go-to flavors are blue berry or plum

Variety
There is an impressive variety and the availability in the stores in my area is impressive.

Consistency
Overall, I think that a larger portion of fruit should be included since there is usually more fruit than yogurt. However, they're still enjoyable

Convenience
I carry these to school and they are very convenient for me as a snack or breakfast. They are also very satisfying by themselves of with a cup of coffee

• Convenience:

This greek yogurt has the perfect taste and consistency.

from West Virginia

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

Overall I am a huge fan of Chobani. They aren't organic but I love that all their products are naturally derived and that they don't put a bunch of artificial chemicals into their yogurt. Their Greek yogurt is the perfect consistency. It's thick and yet it is still creamy. It doesnt' have chunks like some Greek yogurt. This Greek Yogurt is also sweet and not tart like some other yogurts I've experienced. They have a good variety to choose from and I always feel full when I eat these. I can use these to substitute out a snack or an entire meal if I add in a few nuts and berries.

Flavor/Taste
I love the taste of this yogurt. It's ultra smooth and the taste is sweet. It doesn't leave a tart taste in my mouth and it fills me up. I like that these taste great with fruit and nuts in them and that they aren't chunky like some brands I've experienced.

Variety
They have quite a few flavor varieties on the market but I prefer original, strawberry, and blueberry. The berries in these can be a little soft and smushy at times but I enjoy them.

Consistency
I love the consistency. It's very smooth and doesn't have a lot of chunks in it like some Greek yogurts.

Convenience
These are very convenient. I like that I can buy the single cups for a reasonable price or I can buy four or even a case at at time. It's convenient to be able to buy these in singles sometimes, especially if I'm traveling or want to use them in smoothies.

Great yogurt!

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

I am a big Greek yogurt eater and this brand is one of my all time favorites. I saw this at the grocery store and decided to purchase it based on the price. My grocery store sells these for a lower price if you buy 5 at one time. I eat yogurt every day for lunch so buying 5 was no big deal to me. I bought multiple flavors and was not disappointed with any of them. They have the plain Greek which taste awesome. If plain is too bitter for you, they also offer options with fruit in them. My all time favorite is the strawberry. They all taste awesome and have a good texture to them. The price on this brand is better than others as well. I would highly recommend this yogurt if you like Greek yogurt. It tastes awesome.

Flavor/Taste
The flavor and taste is awesome. I have not tried a flavor of this brand that I did not like. I eat them at lunch and I have not grown tired of them at all.

Variety
They have a great variety. There are multiple flavors. They all taste great.

Consistency
It is pretty thick but that is typical for Greek yogurt.

Convenience
These are easy to eat as a snack or part of a meal.

Thick and creamy

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Chobani Greek Yogurt:

I am a big fan of yogurt and love Greek yogurt. Chobani has become one of my favorite Greek yogurts because it is not nearly as tart as others I have tried in the past. I like the strawberry flavor the best. It is thick and creamy, and tastes more sweet than tart. The quantity is larger than most single serve yogurts which is great because it really fills me up and helps me to stay away from unhealthy snacking.
My two year old daughter is also a big fan of the strawberry and blueberry flavors. I like to add granola to hers and she will eat it until its all gone for breakfast.
I have tried to freeze these to make a nice cool summer snack, but they do not freeze as well as I would have thought. I have frozen yogurts in the past and they usually turn into a nice slushy consistency, but Chobani doesn't seem to break apart well when frozen. I have used it to make smoothies in the blender and it works great for that.
I love this brand of yogurt and will continue to buy it in the future.