Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

One of the few antihistamines for people with hypertension.

Chlor-Trimeton, in its many forms, has been my drug-of-choice in the treatment of my seasonal allergies for more years than I want to admit to.

Having hypertension (high blood pressure)...Read complete review

Having hypertension (high blood pressure) severly limits the over-the-counter medications available to me for safe usage.  Most medications have a disclaimer against usage by people with hypertension.

Chlor-Trimeton contains one of the few, if not the only, over-the-counter antihistamines available that does not raise blood pressure to dangerous levels.  This given antihistamine, chlorpheneramine,is available in a few other patent medicine preparations.  I have always depended upon the Chlor-Trimeton brand to give good quality at a fair price.

Some other forms of the drug require dosing every four hours.  Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour is very convenient in that it can simply be taken with breakfast, and then again with supper.

Some people do experience a side effect of drowsiness with the drug chlorpheneramine.  Proper caution should be taken per the usual medical warnings.

chlor-trewhatever

when push come to shove.....(can't afford zyrtec)....i purchased a store brand which had the same chemical contents and such....but all it did was put me to sleep.....woke up still swoll up like the hulk (which my husband calls me)....and a little drowsy....it sucked!

Great allergy medicine.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

The Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 hour tablets work great to get rid of any nasal and chest congestion due to allergies. I feel like a lot of my congestion gets cleared out and my throat feels less itchy and irritated. I also find that my eyes are red and itchy anymore, and I was not sneezing at all throughout the day.

I found that it got rid of all of my allergy symptoms, and I almost completely forgot that I even had allergies at all.

I also find that I don't get drowsy from this allergy medicine. I know it has chlorpheneramne , which is a antihistamine. But it still didn't make me tried which is great because I can take it before a long day out and I won't feel sleepy. The chlorpheneramne is great too though because it helps with a sore throat, sneezing, watery eyes, and other allergy symptoms.

It works great to get rid of and reduce the symptoms of allergies such as itchy throat and eyes, sneezing, runny nose, and more. I find that it gives me relief for the whole twelve hours if not longer.

Its easy to use, and easy to swallow. They are great for people who have trouble or anxiety when it comes to swallowing pills because they are small. You only have to take one every 12 hours, which means you only have to take two a day. It makes it a lot easier because you don't have to remember to take the pills as often.

Immediacy
It does not have an immediate result. It takes about half an hour to kick in like most allergy medicines. If you were having a bad allergic reaction I don't think these would work as fast as you would want them to, but they are great for everyday allergy symptoms.

• Immediacy:

Best thing for itchy eyes

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

I have been using this for 30 years. My eyes get so itchy in allergy season and this does the trick. It also helps with my sneezing and itchy throat. I remember when you could only get this by prescription. I would recommend this product to people with hay fever especially.

• Immediacy:

The title says exactly what you are buying when you need it

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

This product is excellent for symptomatic relief of allergy problems. It doesn't cause drowsiness but with one pill every 12 hours relieves the nasal congestion or the nasal running caused by hay fever in the spring and fall or pet dander and dust year round. While it is expensive, it is worth it because it is al you need to do the job rather than buying multiple products at a greater cost in the end.

It is extremely effective as it continuously reduces your symptoms all day without you even realizing it. Some medications need you to take them every 4 hours which is very inconvenient and while they are effective, they are not continuous.

Taking only one pill every 12 hours makes this product extremely easy to use. You don't need to remember to take it after 4 hours

Immediacy
This product does not work as immediate as Benadryl but it does work quickly and effectively. I wouldn't use it for a bee sting but for the constant symptoms that contain to arise during the day, this is the right product.

• Immediacy:

One of the few antihistamines for people with hypertension.

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

Chlor-Trimeton Allergy is a great solution on a tight budget

from North Hills, CA

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

I had to switch to this from a more expensive brand when my income changed.  I don't think it is quite as good, but it has kept me from getting Bronchitis during my peak allergy season for the last 2 years.  I would get bronchitis for about 3 months due to allergies each year, and this has definately given me a break.

I also don't get drowsy with this product, which is really good because I use it almost every day.

chlor-trewhatever

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

Chlor-trimeton: non-drowsy, effective allergy otc med

from Constantine, MI

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

Chlor-trimeton is a small pill, a good thing for someone with enlarged tonsils.  The coating doesn't come off very fast if it gets wet, and it's one of the easiest otc to swallow.  The 12 hour kicks in fast enough that 30 min after injesting, symptoms start decreasing, and long-lasting enough that symptoms don't start to reappear until well past the 13 hour mark.  It works on: sinus congestion, congestion headaches, bronchial congestion, eye irritation (minor), eardrum pressure, excessive wax production and excessive nasal mucus production.  Finally, it doesn't dry out your mouth (an inconvenience at most, but worth noting that it doesn't do it).

Works faster than most!

from Ocean City, MD

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

I am a busy mom and allergy sufferer.  Many allergy medcations put me to sleep for most of the day.  Chlor-Trimeton 12 hour does not make me sleepy or larthargic in any way.  It give me fast relief from my symptoms.  I would suggest that you try this brand before selecting another!

This little pill works wonders.

from Sumter, SC

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

I just love Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour.  I have a sneezing attack mostly every morning.  When I take just one Chlor-Trimeton it stops the sneezing all day long.  I recommend everyone who suffers from allergy to try this OTC medicine.

Great for severe allergies!!

from Dassel, MN

Comments about Chlor-Trimeton Allergy 12 Hour Tablets:

This is honestly one of the best allergy products I've ever tried. I suffer a lot from allergies, especially in the summer. As an active person, I love to be outside running, boating and swimming during the summer. This past year however, I was especially plagued by a runny nose, watery eyes, and constant sneezing. For the first half of the summer, I was miserable. Then I found this product. It is AMAZING!!! I was able to spend the rest of the summer doing what I love the most: exercising!! Trust me, I've tried a lot of product, and none have worked as well as this one!