2.5

Chicken of the Sea Crab Claw Meat

2.5

FULL of shells

Comments about Chicken of the Sea Crab Claw Meat:

This is the second time I purchased the claw meat. The first time it was full of shells but I thought maybe was a bad batch/can. Again in the 1lb can, it was full of shells, it had maybe 3 claw pieces and the rest was shredded meat containing all the shells.

Crab cakes last night with Chicken of the Sea - crab.

from southern, NC

Comments about Chicken of the Sea Crab Claw Meat:

My boys love crab cakes. I learned to make them from my Granny who grew up on the eastern shore of Maryland. She could rock the crab cakes.

Typically, I get Phillips crab. But, I did not see any this week. There were two options and one is a crab meat that tastes fishy to me, so I went with the Chicken of the Sea crab. It was the first time I had seen them out with crab, but I know they do a good job with tuna. I hoped the crab would be good, since my son was home from college for spring break.

When I opened the Chicken of the Sea - claw meat, it looked good and smelled good. Back fin crab tends to be chunkier, but the claw meat came in nice sized pieces. So, things were looking good.

When I mixed up the crab for the crab cakes, I did notice that Chicken of the Sea has a little more water in the pack versus Phillips. It was not a whole though, and the crab cakes mixed up fine. I did let them sit for about 15 minutes before forming the patties so that the water would absorb better.

I fried up the crab cakes, and they were spot on. The taste and smell was good. So, I would recommend Chicken of the Sea crab. It runs second to Phillips - but a close second.

I do love fresh pack, but that is hard to come by, so I am glad companies are selling canned real crab meat now. It is much better than immitation crab meat. I just avoid that.