Other Cat Foods:

Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul Dry Food

Impressive Holistic Ingredients

from Steele, AL

Comments about Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul Dry Food:

A list of impressive ingredients does not equal an impressive product. Diamond has been involved in more pet food recalls than any other brand and it never stops in spite of how many times they make yet another claim of good intentions to manufacture healthy, safe pet food. Using this brand of pet food or any non-Diamond brand that is outsourced to this company for manufacture is comparable to playing Russian Roulette. Just keep on pulling the trigger (using this food) and the gun will go off and it will be your pets and you who will suffer the consequences. The 2012 Spring Diamond pet food re-call affected both me and my pets. We became sick before the re-call ever took place and my Vet didn't know to consider possible Salmonella poisoning and I thought I had a case of superflu. When pet food isn't adequately tested before it gets out on the market, much of the damage is done before it's ever found out, that is, if it ever is found out. And yes, my cats as well as my dogs liked the Chicken Soup line of pet food and yes, I thought I was feeding them a good quality holistic food based on the impressive list of ingredients and the impressive positive reviews of this food. However, reviews do not include any evaluation of the manufacturing process nor are you told if the ingredients are human food grade or substandard. Would you eat food that's made by a company that has been in as many re-calls as Diamond? Would you feed it to your human baby? So why do you feed it to your pets? Do you know that you and your family including your children can also become sick just by handling Salmonella contaminated food? Don't risk the health of your pets or the health of you and your family. Stay away from any Diamond brand or any other brand that is outsourced to Diamond for manufacture.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

Excellent Quality and Affordable on a Budget!

from Fort Atkinson, WI

Comments about Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul Dry Food:

I was introduced a year ago to the Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul brand cat food.  I had one cat who had an allergy to just about every cat food out there (even eukanuba!).  I did tons of research on pet food and what goes into it.  And just let me tell you I learned a lot.  They basically put discarded stuff into the cheap cat food brands.  Anything that we would not eat our selves goes into it! Do we really want our beloved pets eating food we would not eat ourselves? I for one wouldn't. I painstakingly went through all the brands of food and looked at their ingredients.  Then I researched what kind of diet was best for my cats.  That's when I found Chicken Soup for cats. It has wholesome ingredients, that are natural and good!  And to my surprise it was cheaper than a lot of the other higher priced cat food.  It had all of the same ingredients practically!  So, I tried it on my cats and all 6 gobbled it up right away! They loved it.  Plus, the one cat that I have which has food allergies responded wonderfully to it! Not even prescription cat food helped her!It's definitely easy on the budget as well.  With six cats at home, I am on a tight budget! So I was thrilled to find a high quality cat food that fit my budget!  If you are on a budget and want what's best for your cat, get Chicken Soup for the Cat lover's Soul.  It's nutritious and made with wholesome ingredients that will keep your cats healthy and happy!

High quality ingredients at a (relatively) low price

from New York, NY

Comments about Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul Dry Food:

I am extremely picky about what my cats eat. While I try to feed as much canned or fresh food as possible, my budget requires some dry feeding.  My cats all went crazy the first time I opened a bag of Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul.  It is the one food that they all seem to love.  I feel confident in the quality of the ingredients, the ash & magnesium levels are low enough for my cat with urinary issues and it is much cheaper than comparable brands.

Super, high-quality cat food!

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul Dry Food:

I live with two senior cats and have fed them Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul for at least seven years.  I feed them the "light" variety because one of my cats easily puts on too much weight.  This food was recommeded to me by the owners of my small, local pet supply store after our previous brand was bought by a large national company the the quality of the ingredients went downhill.  One of my cats has lots of digestive problems (aka mega-puker) and this food does not bother her stomach.  The price is higher than grocery store brands but not higher than comparable brands at the pet supply store although it is vastly superior in quality.