3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Very Useful

I bought this baby carrier right after my first daughter was born last year. At the time, it was the only baby carrier available in the country I was living in, so I didn't have any other options to choose from! I was pleasantly surprised at how useful this carrier is to have! It is easy to use, the straps are very adjustable and can fit me (I am slim and petite) or my husband (he is a size XL) so that is wonderful. It's also adjustable to the size of the baby, my daughter has comfortably fit into it from newborn-1 year. It is made of durable material that is also easy to clean, I've never had it stain, rip, and can really find any signs of wear on it, but believe me, it's gotten LOTS of use over the last year. My only complaint is that the design really isn't the safest or healthiest for babies. Studies have shown that baby carrier designs such as this where their legs "dangle" can be harmful to a babies spine and hips. With that said, I simply have made a habit of supporting my daughters legs when I carry her in this and make sure her posture is correct. Next time, I will be investing in a more expensive carrier that is safer, but for a first time mom I have no regrets buying this Chicco baby carrier and think it's a very useful tool for moms (and dads!) to use. My husband is a big fan also, he prefers using this when we go out, rather than carrying her in his arms. He says it is "comfortable and the easiest way to carry her."

Safety
Not the best for babies hips and posture.

Parents' Comfort
Comfortable padded straps and good adjustments.

Once you get the hang of it, very simple to use.

Not the best baby carrier

I bought the Chicco UltraSoft baby carrier when my son was a few months old, because I wanted to be able to keep my son close to me but also have my hands free to get things done. At first glance it seemed nice enough and the material felt soft and comfortable. Unfortunately, this wasn't the right baby carrier for me.

One problem I had was that it was very difficult to get my baby into and out of the carrier. I would have to lay him down on the couch and slide the carrier onto him and then strap it onto myself. To get my baby out I would have to remove the carrier and lay him down again to slide the carrier off. If I tried to pull my baby up out of the carrier while I was wearing it his legs were stuck and I couldn't get him out. It would have been very difficult for me to attempt this if I was out shopping or in a place where I couldn't lay him down.

Another problem was that my son, who was about 10-12 pounds at the time, was too small to fit comfortably in the carrier. I would carry him facing out and even with the top folded down his head was barely above the top of the carrier.

The other big problem I had was that this carrier was very hard on my back. After 20 minutes of wearing it I would have a very sore back. I tried adjusting the straps in various ways, but no matter how I wore it it still ended up killing my back.

Even with the low price I would not recommend this carrier. It was so painful and difficult to use that after a few weeks I chose to just carry my baby in my hands.

It only got used once...

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

When I had my son I was pretty overwhelmed with wanting to hold my baby constantly and keep him close but sometimes other things needed to get done so I purchased this Chicco ultra soft baby carrier. The idea of a baby carrier was a lot more appealing then it turned out to be because I ended up using it only one time for about 5 minutes while I started some laundry.
It was hard to figure out how to put it on. I think I actually spent more time trying to figure out how to use it then actually using it! When I finally had it on it was very awkwardly built. It wasn't very comfortable for me or my son. He started crying to get out of it and this thing did not look like it was supporting his legs or head very well either. This thing also has a weight limit which my son exceeded after a week.
Overall, I wouldn't really recommend this Chicco ultra soft baby carrier. It wasn't comfortable at all and I'm really iffy about it providing adequate support for babies.

• Parents' Comfort:

Fits Perfectly for my husband but awkwardly for me

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

My husband absolutely loves this product. If it were up to him, we would probably give this product a 10. It fits great for him and he uses it all of the time to carry our son around. However, for me, it sits very awkwardly and I don't quite feel like he's supported very well. I always think he is about to fall out. I checked several different times to make sure the straps and everything is adjusted appropriately and it seems to be. I just don't feel as though it sits right on my body frame. However, I definitely felt as though this product is made very well. It definitely is durable and seems to hold up very well to regular wear. I also like the material that it is made from. It is a material that does not stain very easily and you can wipe clean without too much difficulty in the event something does get on the product that does not immediately wipe off which is a definite pro with any baby product that you plan to use often.

Sturdy enjoyable carrier

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

I think this is a great carrier. It is sturdy and easy to use. It is not difficult to get the baby in and out of, and is comfortable for both the baby and the parent/wearer. The carrier feels durable and I do not have to worry about the straps or something else breaking while wearing it.
I like the way baby fits in it, I can have her close and snug without worrying about her and there's enough room that she doesn't feel too confined and uncomfortable. I think the padding in the backing is thick enough to provide protection against wind while there's enough space in the arm and leg holes to provide air flow when it's warm.
If there was one thing I would change I would like the backing to be a little higher to help give a little more support to baby's head and neck, and help protect a little more against any cold and wind there might be. Apart from that one thing I have no complaints and am very happy with this carrier.

• Parents' Comfort:

Not very comfortable for me.

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

Very uncomfortable. The straps seemed well padded, however, i ended up with back ache after short periods. I am unsure of this is because I am a smaller person with a sort torso, but I Didn't feel supported in the right places.

Safety
All safety features seem fine. The instructions showed how to carry your baby safely. Just wish it was more comfortable.

Baby's Comfort
The son seemed comfortable as he managed to sleep in it. It was just me that was u comfortable.

Parents' Comfort
Made me ache after a short while. I think that my partner may have been able to use this more comfortably than me, as I have a short torso, and he is stronger.

You have to have someone there to help you get the baby in and strapped up correctly, which was difficult for me when nobody around.

I am unsure of the deign. It seems to look less comfortable than a traditional sling.

It does appear very durable. I wouldn't call this flimsy at all. It is a very sturdy baby carrier, and looks like it would last a long time if being used a lot. But it's just too uncomfortable for me and caused back ache.

Very Useful

Safety
Not the best for babies hips and posture.

Parents' Comfort
Comfortable padded straps and good adjustments.

Once you get the hang of it, very simple to use.

• Parents' Comfort:

Perfect for the baby who wants to see everything!

from Ramona, CA

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

We just recently got this so that I would not have to take the baby seat in and out of the car for shopping trips. My little one would wake up in the carrier and be very unhappy about the straps. Plus she loves to look around and the seat carrier would not allow for her to do so. So, we got this. When she is sleepy she loves the fact that she nestles against my chest and stays warm. When she is awake and wants to be active, we let her face outward and she gets to look around and take everything in. She seems to very comfortable in it and loves to look around. She still has the freedom to move her arms and her legs as she likes. This is also very comfortable for me. The baby is about 13 pounds and the weight on my shoulders is almost nothing. My back and shoulders do not get sore, and it is still comfortable to walk around with her strapped to me. The padding on the shoulders helps ease the weight and I personally think this brand and model is better than some of the other ones we tried.

• Parents' Comfort:

The most comfortable baby carrier I have ever used

from Lincoln City, OR

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

I bought this for our third daughter in 2007, and I am still using it now with baby number 5. In the past, with my first two kids, I had used the Snugli carrier, which was nice but got uncomfortable pretty quickly. This one cost 2-3 times as much, but is so much more comfortable. The straps are easy to adjust, and they stay in place so you don't have to adjust each time you use it. There is a little white burp cloth that snaps off for washing. I mainly use it with baby facing toward me, but it can also be used with baby facing out, if you follow the recommended weight guidelines. With my baby snuggled against me, my hands are free to hold the hand of one of my other kids, or push a shopping cart or a stroller. The carrier is easy to remove with no additional assistance from another person. I have found it easiest to lean over a couch or the carseat if I am out, unbuckle the waist straps, and slide the carrier down onto the seat, with baby still inside. Then I take the whole carrier off, and then take the baby out. After three years and three babies, this carrier is still in great condition. I looks like practically new, and I use it A LOT.

Ups and downs

from Apollo, PA

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

When we found out we were expecting my husband and I were very excited to start our registry. We registered for this and we've been happy we did, but its not as great as we had hoped. We like to do things like go to community garage/yard sales. We often will take this with us to use because at points our daughter gets sick of the stoller and wants held. This allows us to be hands free, but still hold her. The downside is after awhile it really hurts my back and often I have to make a chiropractor appointment to get any relief. I also use it around the house when she wants held but I have things I have to get done. Another negative is at home I can lay it on the couch and put her in it and then kind of wiggle myself into it. When you are out you need a second set of hands to put her in so if you go out with just your baby you probably wont be able to use it. I have heard great things about other carriers but they are more expensive so for the few times we use it we will continue to use this one, but if I had to do over again I would choose another carrier.

Not as good as Baby Bjorn

from Sanibel, FL

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

This Chicco UltraSoft Front Infant Carrier is great for a smaller child when he/she can be facing in, but not convenient when child faces out. This carrier has great colors and is very padded on the baby side but it is not so comfortable for the person carrying the child. The shoulder straps are comfy but I wish the straps on the back would go down a little lower and it is also very hard to take the baby out without him getting stuck or waking up if he is sleeping. I would look into a sling instead of these type of carriers. The Chicco UltraSoft Front Infant Carrier is definitely not the same quality as a Baby Bjorn or some of the other infant carriers that may cost more, they are worth the money if you are carrying your infant around the house a lot.

from Berea, KY

Comments about Chicco UltraSoft Baby Carrier:

i thought wow this will be great! bonding time, beter than pushing a stroller and easier to comfort and feed my baby while i wanted to go for a walk. i was wrong! i didnt make it 20 feet down the road without having to turn back and trade in for a stroller my shoulders were hurting bad aweful!