1,020 reviews
CHI-GF1001
Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron

Read 1,020 Reviews

Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron

Pros

• Good quality (12)
  • Heats up fast (11)
  • Durable (10)
  • Smooths frizz (10)
  • Works great (10)

Cons

• Limited settings (4)

• Frizzy hair (11)
  • Curly hair (8)
  • Long hair (7)
  • Thick hair (6)
  • Humid conditions (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (7), Survivalist / minimalist (3)

Strike while the iron is hot!

I started off with some cheaper brands that were ok, but rapidly taken over by my tween daughter. For Christmas my husband bought me the **CHI Flat Iron **because I really needed one. Sharing just wasn't working when it comes to two girls needed to get ready at the same time. Let's just say that we are back to sharing - and that I'll be buying her a **CHI Flat Iron **soon.

What do I like about the **CHI Flat Iron? **

- it heats quickly

- it's lighweight

- it straightens my hair quickly and smoothly

- it gets the job done

What don't I like about the **CHI Flat Iron? **

- I wish it was wider so I could get more done in one pass.

- The cord is SO long, it gets caught on everything my sink corner, my dresser knobs, wherever I use it I get it caught on something.

My hair is curly, heavy and long. Think of it as lots of heavier than fine hair - but not thick. I live in Houston so I often have a problem with my hair frizzing. Usually using the **CHI Flat Iron **and some good product takes care of that, but not always. But, simply put, it's the best I've found at what it does and while I worry about how fast and how hot it gets I just try to be careful and make sure no one is around when I do straighten my hair. Since I only do that every once in awhile, it's not a big deal if it takes a little longer with the narrow bands.

Good result, bad warranty!

I really like how this product works, it straightens the hair great.  Because it's thinner than most hair straighteners it allows for it to get close to the scalp and really straighten.  I have naturally curly hair that used to take me up to 2 hours to straighten but with the Chi it has allowed me to take under and hour, everytime!  The only problem I've seen from this product is that their lifetime is short...maximum of two years, which is something myself and my friends have experienced it.  The ceramic pieces will break out, the wiring will go wrong and it'll just stop working.  Which is extremely frustrating because the company won't give you a new one or allow for money back!

I would purchase again!!!

from Spring hill, Fl

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Creates Shine
  • Durable
  • Good Quality
  • Heats Up Fast
  • Smooths Frizz
  • Works Great

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

I bought this straightener 3 years ago and i love it. It still heats up fast and works wonders. I barely need to go over my hair more than twice. Time to buy my daughter one!! :)

Best straightener

from Dawsonville, ga

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Creates Shine
    • Durable
    • Good Quality
    • Heats Up Fast
    • Multiple Settings
    • Smooths Frizz

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

This is the best straightener i have ever owned. I splurged a tiny bit for it but havent regretted it at all. It smooths, straightens, and heats up very quick.

Love the Chi brand

from South Carolina

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Creates Shine
      • Durable
      • Good Quality
      • Heats Up Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Smooths Frizz
      • Works Great

Cons

• Time Consuming

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

I've had my Chi hair straightener for about 8 years now and it still runs GREAT! I use it about once a week and it leaves my hair smooth and frizz free. Right now the straightener gives a squeeky noise but I'm sure its due to the years of use from my sister and I. The straightener protects my hair due to the plates. It works great when making curls as well. I wish they had this a bigger size since I have a lot of hair, long and thick and can be time consuming to straighten with a smaller one but overall works great. I would definitely recommend and would purchase again.

Perfect straight hair

from california

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Durable
      • Good Quality
      • Heats Up Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Smooths Frizz
      • Works Great

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

This by far is my iron of choice. I have bought other brands in the past and the Chi is the one that has last me the longest. I am going on almost 5 years with my Iron and still works great. It get pretty hot which is good for my frizzy puffy hair that needs the heat. I love the long cord that it has. I definitely recommend this iron since its been very good for me.

Chi isn't what it used to bed

from CV

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Heats Up Fast
        • Smooths Frizz

Cons

• Limited Settings
        • Not Effective
        • Snags hair

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

I've been a long time flat iron enthusiast. Chi was my first flat iron and I had Chi for many years. I received this flat iron for my birthday and I just don't like it. It doesn't get as hot as it needs to he to be effective. It pulls my hair out, causing breakage. I have thick, semi wavy hair and this is not the right iron for me.

great product

from sabina ohio

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Creates Shine
        • Durable
        • Good Quality
        • Heats Up Fast
        • Smooths Frizz
        • Works Great

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

my daughter loves it and very happy with it .

My go-to!

from Savannah, ga

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Creates Shine
          • Durable
          • Good Quality
          • Heats Up Fast
          • Smooths Frizz
          • Versatile
          • Works Great

Cons

• Limited Settings

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have owned this tool for two years now and it still looks/works as good as it did on day 1. The tool itself has been used during travel repeatedly and is very durable! Scratch/chip/fade resistant. It heats up in under a minute and heats evenly, send gives a lasting, straight, shiny finish. I also use it to create perfect beach waves.

Still the best!

from Centralia, IL

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Creates Shine
          • Durable
          • Good Quality
          • Heats Up Fast
          • Smooths Frizz
          • Versatile
          • Works Great

Cons

• Limited Settings

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

I've been using this iron for probably over 15 years and I'm going with the "if it ain't broke" motto. I've used cheap straighteners, expensive straighteners, different sizes, different brands and I always go right back to my 1" CHI! I have two girls that I get ready every single morning and I can count on this straightener getting knocked off the counter at least once per day (it's always on counter and plugged in waiting to be turned on!). In over 15 years I have broken 2 and both of those took repeated abuse before breaking. My fave part of this straightener is that it doubles for my curling iron/wand. The outside covering is rounded as compared to most other straighteners that are squared. The rounded edges make PERFECT curls in all three of us girls' SUPER THICK curl resistant hair. I am a diehard Paul Mitchell girl but he just can't sell me on his straighteners because I love this one so much! The reasonable price is a huge bonus as more expensive straighteners don't even compare to this one! Oldie but a goodie!

LOVE this flat iron

from Texas

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Creates Shine
          • Durable
          • Good Quality
          • Smooths Frizz
          • Works Great

Cons

• Size is small

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

I had another brand flat iron for years that I needed to replace. I saw a sale on this Chi flat iron so I picked it up. I am so glad I did, this is one of the best flat irons I have ever used. I have naturally curly, wavy and frizzy hair most days I wear it natural with some styling products but every now and then I want the straight and sleek look. This flat iron gives me just that.

It heats up quick, is super easy to use and gives me sleek straight hair while also making my hair look shiny and feel incredibly soft. Also the style lasts all day long which is amazing. So far I have only used this flat iron to straighten my hair, I have not used it to curl my hair.

The only thing I don't like is the size is very small so I can't do large sections of hair at a time. This isn't a bad thing but just makes it take me a little longer to straighten all my hair.

I would highly recommend this straightener to anyone who has curly, wavy or frizzy hair that wants to have sleek and straight hair. It works well, heats up fast and lasts all day long. I only wish it was a little bigger.

best straightener ever

from Lawrence, KS

Pros

• Good Quality
          • Heats Up Fast

Cons

• Snags hair

Comments about Chi 1" Original Ceramic Flat Iron:

I will never buy another straightener after purchasing one of these. I know the price can seem high but it's worth it. I have very wavy hair and it works great.