Other Cereals:
Chex
Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal

Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal

Don't wait until Christmas to buy Chex cereal and make Party Mix

I'm not a morning person. The boys can tell you this. I'll cook breakfast, but it will probably be ready for brunch.

I do keep cereal on hand for my...Read complete review

I do keep cereal on hand for my youngest son - usually Cheeries or Captain Crunch. My older one won't eat it with milk and doesn't like plain, dry cereal.

Still, I buy a lot of Chex cereal.

Though we don't usualy eat Chex in a bowl with milk, we do go through it. We use it to make Party Mix.

Party Mix has always been popular in our family. My Grandma loved it. I remember trying to help her find the Party Mix before she passed away. She about turned her wheelchair over trying to get in the back of the bottom cabinet. I asked her what she was looking for. She said she knew there was some Party Mix somewhere, so I searched. She didn't, however, tell me that she was not supposed to have it due to being on kidney dialysis. The family only gave her a half cup per day. I didn't find it, so that was OK. I just made her some homemade biscuits (which she also had to eat in moderation).

I don't who came up with the recipe for Party Mix, but it really is great. It includes Chex cereal, pretzels and nuts (peanuts work best). The mix is baked in the oven with butter and Worchestershire sauce with some seasonings. They now sell it ready made, but it is much better made from scratch.

Around the holidays, Chex company has displays and they often have free seasoning packets. The packets are good, but I usually use Lowry's seasoning salt on mine.

We don't limit our Party Mix to holidays. In fact, it's great to take on summer trips. It does heat the kitchen up to make it, but I make a huge batch and consider it worth the extra air conditioning. We took some to the mountains last week, and everyone enjoyed snacking on the Party Mix. It was gone way before the week was over.

I also like to make extra and give bags as gifts. I gave the neighbors a bag before we left last week, since they were feeding our pets. At the holidays, it's always nice to take to give to friends. I save nice cans to pretty it up. I guess some folks don't like it, but I can't think of any. It always goes over well as a present.

During the holidays, I take it to parties. Ah ha. Yes. It is Party Mix. It's easy to make, keeps a long time (if the kids don't find it first and eat it), and it's not messy.

It is kind of expensive to buy all the flavors to make Party Mix, and it is better with a combo of flavors. Three or four boxes will make a whole lot of Party Mix though. Also, the stores tend to offer sales on Chex during the holiday season. I stock up when they do.

To hard to chew

Yeah, that's right. I looked at the "Yummy, yummy" review, and decided to try it by myself. I was so excited to wait for the delivery. I thought it was different from all the other whole grain stuff and should be cripsy and delicous with my organic whole fat milk. And I trusted that "yummy yummy" review, so I bought 5 boxes all together. Fortunately, I have a prime account, so it only took 2 business days for my cereal to arrive. I opened the box and grasp a bunch and put them into my mouth. Oh, my god. I wish someone slap my face so that I can throw the cereal out at once. They are so hard to chew, taste just like cardboard. I can't imagine why someone said it's yummy. He must have a better teeth than me or he is starved for a long time. I tried to soak them into the milk to get them softer. But they are still hard and will stick to my teeth. I tried to boil them with milk, but they are still not soft. Well, I can't return them since these are food. So to save money, I give them to my dog. He likes it. I guess He just wish these cereal can be made in dog bone style.

Chex Rice Cereal

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

I really enjoy the taste of Chex Rice cereal. It's gluten free for those who have a sensitivity to gluten, it's fat free and one serving of Chex Rice cereal is only 100 calories.

Chex Rice cereal is one of my top cereal brands that I buy on a monthly basis.

Chex Cereal: A Party in Your Mouth

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

If I don't eat cereal for breakfast, why in the world would I review a cereal? Well, let me say that Chex cereals are the only one's I use for party-mix. The rice, wheat, and corn cereals are awesome when toasted and flavored for a savory mix that's great for any occassion. They keep their crispness and flavor even when slightly moistened before baking. The rice chex is my personal favorite but they all come together to make a fantastic snack. Although they have a long shelf life they don't last at the party because they are so good. You can even make a sugary snack mix but I recommend always using Chex products and not the generic store brands. I've tried them with less than desired results. Love Chex!!!

Extremely versatile

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

Chex cereals are some of the most versatile cereals on the market today. Made from many different grains, they can be easily chosen to meet almost any dietary plan out there. They can also be used as the base for many different snacks, including snack mixes and desserts.

Great cereal but expensive

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

Chex makes great cereal that comes in a variety of flavors such as corn, rice, cinnamon, chocolate, and more. It has a natural taste and does not taste like it's full of sugar. I like Chex but I don't see the need to pay as much as they ask when I can get a generic brand that tastes exactly the same. I can't tell the difference between the official Chex cereal and the generics. I like the fact that Chex is versatile-it is used in various trail mixes and snacks. It can go into a sweet or salty dish!

Great for a cereal, amazing for a snack

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

Some people are addicted to chocolate, others to candy, but I am addicted to Chex!  This is by far my favorite cereal to snack on and I eat it all year round.  If you haven't tried Chex Mix, you are seriously missing out especially if you love snacks as much as I do.  The superior crunch of these little cereal squares is unbelievable.  Each square has so much flavor and it is a cereal that is good for you.  They are made with whole grains and low in fat.  The wheat chex are very high in fiber and give off a taste of whole wheat.  The rice and corn chex tastes like whole grains and each square is light and fluffy and very crunchy.  They are great as a cereal, and stay crunchy in your bowl of milk.  I like to mix the flavors, but they are great one at a time too.  They are unbelievable in a snack mix.  Take the cereal and mix it with peanuts and pretzels, stir in some herbs and spices and you have a great energizing and healthy snack for all day long.  These chex are addicting.  If I am not careful I can sit and eat a whole box, because they are great to snack on by the handful.  They are about 110 calories for a cup and low in fat.  It can be expensive to buy all flavors if you want to make your snack mix, but it is totally worth it.  Chex will make a ceral addict out of anyone.

An old favorite that never goes out of style.

from Kilmarnock, VA

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

Whenever I think of Chex cereals, I always have a flashback to mornings as a schoolgirl sitting in front of Corn Chex and reading all the neat stuff on the cereal box. The years have passed and now I'm a grandmother but I still love Chex. Anything that tastes this good without candy, marshmallows, or chocolate in it is outstanding.

I like Chex Mix during the holidays, but I've always regarded that as just a nice way to dress up something that tasted great all by itself.

I live aboard a small sailboat and space is always at a premium. I can't keep a pantry full of a wide variety os boxed cereals. Chex is one of the two varieties you'll find here.

It's good to try new things and explore all the possibilities in the world, but sometimes there is nothing like the comfortable and familiar. I consider Chex cereals to be comfort foods of the first order. I'm glad that there aren't a lot of bells and whistles with these cereals because "more" isn't always more.

DELICIOUS

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

I love the chex cereal line, especially the corn chex! Its so crunchy, flavorful and nutritious.

Lets start with teh crunch first...a lot of cereals are crunchy, too crunchy...as in you find yourself chewing loudly and forcefully. Chex is the perfect amount of crunch. Each piece is hollow so each bite is a light, easily and quickly chewable bite.

The taste is amazing! Usually I like sweet cereals (Fruit Loops, etc). If I ever have cornflakes I have to put sugar on them. With Corn Chex the taste is so great I can just eat it out of the box or with milk and I don't need any sugar. All of the Chex cereals are this way :)

Being a very low sugar cereal packed with vitamins and minerals and being relatively cheap, how can you go wrong??

Chex wheat, rice, corn cereal

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

All three grains taste great and stay crispy in milk long enough to eat it.  I also love the Chex mix and make it several times a year.  My family likes both (as cereal and in Chex Mix) so i have to be fast when making the Mix as they will have eaten too much of the cereal for me to pull off a full recipie.  I like the fact that these are all low in sugar so I can feel like I am doing the right thing in my choice of breakfast cereals.  All are good without milk as a quick statisfying snack too.  I have also used the corn chex as a suprise coating on french toast by crunching it up and then covering the egg coated bread before putting in in the frying pan.  My family, kids included, loved it.  I read the Chex cereals have a good shelf freshness life but I cannot attest to that as they never last very long in my household to test it!  I don't think you can go wrong with a Chex cereal choice, low in sugar and high in taste.

To hard to chew

from Starkville, MS

Great cereals

from Clovis, CA

Comments about Chex wheat, rice, corn, and grain cereal:

Yes, these are an old standby and old staple of the breakfast category. And they do earn five stars. They have several flavors to choose from, so be sure to find something that pleases everyone's taste. They're great for just snacking on, or eating by the handful. You can eat them dry in this way, where they also are good for traditional breakfast, and a bowl of milk. But perhaps the best way to eat them is by making them into a mix. Of course now you can buy the bag makes, but that's never like the homemade mix that mom used to make. Site highly recommend these boxes of cereal, keep a few on hand, makes the mix, and then have the leftovers to snack on while you watch a movie, or have for breakfast in the morning. My personal favorite is probably the corn flavor, followed at a close second by the wheat flavor, but they're really all good. The rice seem to have the least amount of taste, but when mixed with the other flavors, make a nice combination.